just another graceless night
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
AMALIA
THE SHIELD OF SAFRIN
I THINK IT'S BEAUTIFUL HOW A STAR'S LIGHT
travels the universe long after it dies
"Remi? Are you... home?"

Amalia's voice is soft as she pushes open the door to the Guild, uncertainty and exhaustion clear on every line of her face. It is too long since she checked on her friend; for all her grief his can only be stronger, and she wants to be there for him, even if she cannot take care of herself.

The baker is laden with a basket of braked goods, food the only language she knows how to speak in times as difficult as these have been. She places them on the large dining room table, pulling out a loaf of oat bread and a large meat pie, as well as some small treats for Aoife. Perhaps she ought to have waited for the alchemist's invitation, but for all she knows he is not here at all.

All she wants is to leave him with something pleasant, a little spot of light to illuminate so many dark days.
that's what I want to be in this world —
SOMEONE WHOSE LIGHT LINGERS AFTER I'M GONE
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
took a fall from a windy height
"In here." Remi called softly from somewhere within the guild—in one of the lower bathrooms, as it would turn out. Shirtless and covered in no small amount of blood, the alchemist was trying to clean a very infected looking wound while magically holding a mirror so that he might see. Try as he might, the massive chunk Phoebe had taken out of his upper arm combined with Ronin's slashes on his back were inflamed, puss-filled, and in short, extremely angry looking wounds. Isla had done her best, but there was little even a unicorn could do against such darkness. As for Loren's magic? Well. He was stuck in a pit in the fae village. So Remi was on his own to try and tend his wounds.

"Before you say it, I know." He said with a sigh, trying desperately to dab at yellowish-white puss as it oozed out from Phoebe's bite.
i only learned how to hold on tight
& pray for love enough to last all night

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Amalia
the shield of safrin
Eventually Remi's voice reaches her, and Amalia stops her anxiety housekeeping long enough to try and pinpoint the source. She has never been very far into the guildhall, save the time she dropped a rock through stepped into the men's bedroom. It takes her a moment to find the bathroom, but when she does the sight she meets her is not at all what she would expect.

His protest that he knows falls on deaf ears as Amalia springs into the bathroom, panic and concern clear on her face. "Vi's beard, Remi, what happened to you?!" Reaching to take the cloth from him, she begins to try to tend the wound, looking over his scant supplies to see what he has to treat the hideous... bite?
you are slowly growing
but you are still growing
and that is enough
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Allowing her to snag away the cloth easily (as he more or less assumed she would anyways), the alchemist merely sighs and turns so that she might appraise his injuries better as he leans against the sink. "Some are from Phoebe, some are Ronin." He explains in a weary voice as if it is all just common place now.

Claws stem quickly from Remi's nail beds as the baker gently presses against one of the wounds, and the alchemist is left hissing beneath his breath as his hand grips the sink. The infection has made his ability to ignore the pain almost nonexistent; the flesh around the various cuts and bites hostile and red.

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
the shield of safrin
She bites her lip as he turns around, shaking her head as the full extent of his wounds comes into view. The gashes are red and angry and clearly becoming infected, and the fact that they still look this way means Isla was not able to heal them.

He winces in pain but Amalia does not stop, dipping the cloth into water before continuing down his litany of wounds. She could ask him why he let this happen - surely he is a strong enough mage to prevent him - but she isn't sure she wants to know the answer, and he is already in enough pain. And with the closest thing they have to a medic blighted and Isla bonded to him, it seems pointless to ask if he has already seen healers. "Have you taken anything?" she wonders instead, gently but firmly cleaning away dirt and debris that has stuck to his skin. "For the pain, or the swelling?"
you are slowly growing
and that is enough
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Nnnn." The alchemist moans. Had he ears to pin in this form he most certainly would have. Instead he merely tried to breathe deeply through the pain, even as feathers overtook his curls and softly scattered down his neck.

"Taken any—oh. No." Remi says with a light shake of his head. There is no one at the infirmary to prescribe anything really, and though alcohol is a tempting substitute, he can't be anything but clear-eyed for Aoife.

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
the shield of safrin
Of course he hasn't taken anything. It doesn't look like he's done anything for the wounds littered over his body, or to take care of himself at all. "Okay. What about bandages?" Her mind is racing, trying to pullout snippets of information, long lost lessons forced into her brain by a stubborn mother with a mind for medicine. There are things she can do, magic-less as she is, old remedies passed down over the years.

"Stay here," Amalia instructs her friend, leaving the bathroom to pop her head outside before scouring the kitchen. By the time she has secured a bottle of honey an owl sits on the stairs of the guild, a length of willow bark clenched in its talon.

Taking both into her hands, the baker returns to the bathroom to see how Remi is doing. "Okay. Chew on this, it will help for the pain. I'm going to put honey on the wounds, then wrap them."
you are slowly growing
and that is enough
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"I did try, but.." The alchemist shrugged. It was a difficult place for him to nurse on his own, even though he could create the bandages he needed. Normally when he played nurse, it was on Ronin who could at least give him cursory advice on what to do from his years of training. "But the bandages just stuck to the skin and when I tried to change them, it just tore the skin."

Watching Amalia go, Remi turned to stare at himself temporarily in the mirror. It wasn't something he did often given how little importance he placed on his appearance, but he was surprised to see just how much this whole ordeal had changed him. He knew he hadn't been shaving as much as he could, but he was surprised just how bedraggled he looked. Running a hand through his curls and finding a leaf lodged within, the alchemist sighed unhappily and chose to simply close his eyes instead.

Glancing up as the baker returns, Remi tilts his head at the willow bark. "Really?" Not with any skepticism, just mild surprise and perhaps delight. Doing as instructed (his predatory forms unhappy about this, but his inner raccoon more than delighted to chomp on the bark), he turns to let her smear him with honey. "What does the honey do?" He asks curiously, conjuring a pile of bandages on the sink for her to apply.

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
the shield of safrin
Amalia's fingers are gentle and lithe as she spreads the honey upon his wounds, trying not to prod too deep, to wound him in her attempts to heal. She hasn't done this in a long time, and her skills are rusty, so she pretends he is a particularly fragile dough - ciabatta, perhaps. Something light.

"Honey is supposed to help keep it from becoming putrid." Taking the gauze he has created, she begins to wrap it around his shoulder, making a pad to put atop the honey before starting to carefully apply the dressing. She attends to the bite first, the wound appearing most presently dangerous, frowning fiercely at the spiderwebbing darkness that leeches out into his skin. "When did these happen?"
you are slowly growing
and that is enough
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Putrid?" Remi repeats, crinkling his nose in disgust at the word. He moves as he think might best help her: raising an arm or turning slightly to make her work easier. Several times he has to breathe through the pain, the rawness of his skin soothed only slightly by the honey but easily angered by even the smallest amount of pressure.

"The bite was today." Remi swallowed and shrugged. "The others...a...few days ago, I suppose." It was hard to remember exactly because timelines are hard, but perhaps moreso because of what had happened on that night. "The blight is ... effecting them harder now, I think." He added, accented voice shaking as he spoke.
i only knew how to hold on tight

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
the shield of safrin
"Not putrid, I suppose, so much as infected." Phoebe's cells come to mind, the blight eating into them like a monstrous thing. Honey is unlikely to prevent that onslaught (Vi knows, nothing else has), but it is as good a solution as she can come up with for now. "My grandmother used to say that bees were magic. That they were messengers of Rae, doing Their work upon the world." Her mother had scoffed off these declarations, but Amalia knew she believed it a little.

That the bite is fresh does not surprise her. But the scratches... those should have healed better by now. "Did you try anything for them?" she asks, finishing her work and tucking the cloth into itself, the man now fully bandaged, his skin almost invisible beneath white cloth.

His mention that the blighted are getting worse makes Amalia stiffen her spine. "Yes," the baker agrees tersely. "And not just the humans." She's seen Ronin, too, and the ones at the Spire. The effects of the illness have been devastating to all the infected, and time is slipping through their fingers.

Reaching out for Remi's arm, Amalia tries to guide him out of the bathroom. "Come on. I brought lunch, and I'll send a note to Evie for some more herbs. And I... I could use a drink, I think. As could you."
you are slowly growing
and that is enough
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
The alchemist hummed fondly (or at least as fondly as he could, through the biting-hot pain) at the notion of bees doing Rae's work. "I quite like bees." Remi said thoughtfully. "What is Rae like? I..have never really heard much about them." For instance, he didn't know that them wasn't gender neutral, but was actually plural.

"Not really." He admits, jaw tightening somewhat as he frowns. "It was..Phoebe did the bite. But it was Ronin who did the scratches." It wasn't as though he was keeping them as some strange memento of his husband, merely...that there was perhaps something cathartic about the pain. Or maybe he was just shit at taking care of himself.

Following her willingly and dutifully like a brother or some human-shaped pet, he follows her down the hall. "You did not need to do that." He says, though his words are obfuscated by a rumble from his stomach. With a sheepish grin, he shrugs. "Though it is much appreciated. And yes. A drink to be sure. Wine or..? I have made a new batch of something I am working on. Inspired by one of your cakes, actually."

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
the shield of safrin
"Well... they're twin gods. Male and female. More interested in the progression of nature than in humans, I think. My grandmother would say that Vi gave us the capacity for life, Mort gave us the capacity for love, and Rae gave us a space in which to make mistakes." Amalia's voice is distant and fond as she recollects the little she knows of the nature gods.

She shakes her head but does not reply to the information about Ronin, fairly certain nothing she says can lessen the weight on Remi's heart. Instead she sets to the things she can do: guiding him to the table where lunch is set out before going to hunt for quill and paper. "Whatever you like," she calls back to him, though the idea that he would make a drink inspired by her makes her cheeks flush a little. "I.. I'm not usually a drinker. But I trust you."

At last she finds writing implements and brings them to the table, scrawling out a list of supplies before whistling for Jyoti. The little whale has been outfitted with a small backpack, and Amalia tucks the not within, confident Evie will fulfill her requests.
you are slowly growing
and that is enough
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Frowning as he took the information in, the alchemist could only nod. None of this made intuitive sense to him as it might to others, given his limited understanding of divine beings before coming to Caido. Hell, even after coming to Caido he still felt like he had a fairly limited understanding. "Space to make mistakes. Sounds like the god I would fall under." Remi said with a wry smile.

Picking up a bottle containing what appeared to be a clear liquid, the alchemist raised it to his nose and smiled happily. Creating a glass with etchings of starwhales on it, the alchemist poured the liquid into the tumbler with a soft sigh. Inspired by cakes at his wedding, the drink was a gin-type beverage with notes of lavender and honey. He added a few dried juniper berries to it for good measure, before handing the drink to the baker. "No ice, sorry. Without Sugar it is a bit hard to come by." Lately the alchemist had been thinking a lot about water, and water magic. But apparently that wasn't enough to make it manifest.

Coding base by Sky!