[se] mighty acorns (open)
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
amun
Amun still had one final Rose left to plant. Granted, he still didn’t know exactly why he was doing all this—besides the fact that people seemed to keep telling him to do it and the fact that there was this weird itch and urge to finish the task that he couldn’t get rid of—but if it brought him some peace and clarity, then he’d do it.

He had given up trying to find a good spot, not that he’d tried that hard. Instead, he’d just waited until it was dark, meandered over to the farmlands, dug through the snow and frozen dirt until he had made a small hole, then plunked the flower into it and covered it up again. There. He wasn’t a farmer or a florist or a botanist, so that would have to do. They could survive in the snow, so they could certainly survive his shoddy planting job.
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
EVIE
like love is a bad word
The fields aren't exactly the safest place, especially with LongNight bearing down like an all-consuming shadow. Still, there are fertile lands here, paths she has tread many times as she encourages the growth of the medicinal plants she needs and harvests what blooms in response to her guiding hands. Now more than ever she needs to stock up, especially with access to her apothecary an impossibility during the sunless days ahead of them.

She's not exactly expecting company as she fills and labels her little jars, but it's not unwelcome when she finds it. Especially not with the handsome package it comes in. Evie wanders over, too curious to simply pass by, and a small laugh escapes into the frigid air when she sees the amusingly careless way the man plants the rose. "First time planting, or did that rose simply give you a hard time?" Her cheeky grin matches her wind-brightened cheeks, placing her latest vial into her bag and shamelessly watching the man at work.

Table by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
amun
Apparently, even in the middle of the night, in fields that would be barren until after the snows had cleared, Amun wasn’t going to be left alone. Turning, he eyed the red-haired woman. She didn’t seem hostile, so he stood up and gave her a brilliant grin, exposing his fangs in the process. ”Not the type of hard time I like.” Winking, his smile eased into something a little less blinding.

”Actually, this is my fourth planting, though I was attacked last time and couldn’t complete it.” That was the gods’ honest truth. Which is why he didn’t make a move to step closer to the woman; nice as she seemed, the Ascended wasn’t going to trust her until he confirmed she didn’t have hostile intentions. He’d been messed with a few too many times since coming to Caido to trust that she wouldn’t flip out on him.

Coding base by Sky!
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
EVIE
like love is a bad word
Evie grins in answer to the winsome one he shoots her way, nearly overlooking his fangs with how familiar to her they are on Sam. His humor makes her titter in appreciation, even as her cheeks pink a little. No matter how bold she gets, there will always be vestiges of remnants from her upbringing, her mother's chiding voice and scandalized expression always lingering. It didn't exactly help that she wasn't experienced, but she could find it amusing on someone else's tongue. "Oh so you're not usually the type to get your hands dirty?" A playful grin, a gesture with a dainty hand to the stirred up soil, content to banter.

Evie had not involved herself in the planting, too intimidated by her cursed status to even wander down to the Shrine, but she knows what they are. Their godly luminescence cannot be overlooked, nor can their preternatural hardiness. She'd be a shit apothecarist if she couldn't figure out something just by those traits alone. A frown pulls on her lips, turning her gaze outward to the horizon with a sigh. "Yeah, that's Caido for you. Wouldn't be the same if someone wasn't trying to kill you at all hours." Evie is certainly no fighter, so she dreads the day it happens to her, but at least the man seems hardy enough to take whatever is thrown his way. Probably literally and metaphorically.

Table by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Apparently, the red-headed woman was both friendly and had a healthy sense of humor. Amun could appreciate that in her, even if she wasn’t his type what with not having a dick and all. Licking his lips, he sent another wink her way. ”I don’t mind getting dirty, no.” His tone was positively scandalous. If she wanted to play for a bit, he’d be down; just because he wasn’t attractive to her didn’t mean they couldn’t have a good time. As she talked about life in Caido, however, he sighed, and his expression grew less sensual and more weary. ”So people and things try to kill you on a regular basis as well?”

Still, it wasn’t long before his easy going nature reasserted itself. ”If that’s the case, perhaps you know where I might be able to relieve some tension?” A wicked light danced in his eyes and he grinned at her. She’d need a nickname, but he wasn’t coming up with anything just yet.

Coding base by Sky!
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
EVIE
like love is a bad word
He's quick to encourage her teasing, and Evie grins back, remembering flirtatious nights in the Rathskeller and a fire of hormones and attraction when she was young and dumb. This is not nearly so invested, an ease to the banter that doesn't quicken her heart quite as much, but it's a change to her normal interactions with those who cross her path. "Just makes the cleanup more fun." Evie is admittedly a little rusty, but he doesn't seem the type to mind.

His weariness is unfortunately well-earned, and the woman quirks a wry smile his way. "I'm not nearly so adventurous as the others here, so I generally don't have to worry about dying gruesomely. But it happens to pretty much everyone." With LongNight approaching it was just further proof of it. Caido was just one giant boiling pot of danger, and Evie had grown up in it.

Of course he didn't seem the type to let it keep him down, and she laughs at his forwardness. "Nearly everyone would take you up on an offer to keep warm today, myself included." A wink here, playful more than promising. She isn't aware of his proclivities, his preferences, but Evie hadn't had the joy of another body in a long time. Even if he rebuffed her, she was at least enjoying herself.

Table by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
The banter with the red-head was fun, though she wasn’t the most experienced it seemed. Still, Amun figured he’d keep going until she reached her limits. At her comment about clean up, he waggled his eyebrows. ”I’ve always found the dirty act more fun than cleaning up, so you simply must tell me your secrets, Scarlet.” That seemed like a fitting nickname, given how vibrantly her hair stood out against the white and barren landscape.

Apparently the potter’s experiences were not uncommon among the people of Caido. ”Well, I wish someone had warned me. I would’ve made sure I had a lot more fun before and after I found myself in potentially life-threatening situations.” However, there was no use crying about it now; instead, he was just going to milk everything he could out of this world before he bit the dust.

On that note, the Ascended gave the woman a wicked smirk. ”Well, I appreciate the offer, but I’m afraid you’ll be disappointed. While I can make things steamy, I don’t give off much heat, and even if I did you’re not my type.” He winked at her. ”Don’t get me wrong, you’re pretty enough. You just lack certain parts.” Hopefully he wouldn’t need to spell it out for her.

Coding base by Sky!
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
EVIE
like love is a bad word
Evie certainly wasn't one who knew how to quit, and she smirks back at the handsome man, more than ready to claw her way up this particular ladder. The nickname he gives her is unfortunately endearing, and she's far too uninventive to think of one in return, and as such doesn't even bother to embarrass herself trying. "No secrets, just lots of warm water and hands-on fun," she assures, having always been particularly fond of the heat, the easy slide of hands on skin where water eased all friction. Getting clean just to get dirty all over again. It was quite a tempting thought.

Of course such delusions and delights were only a distraction from the realities of their ridiculous land, and Evie huffs a less than ladylike laugh at the reminder of Caido's particular brand of crazy. "Just makes you appreciate them more in the moment I suppose. Don't worry, close quarters and boredom during LongNight? I'm sure you'll be plenty entertained." If he and his partner could keep quiet, that is. But that was just part of the risk.

Of course, she wouldn't be the one entertaining him, and she affects a dramatic pout at the revelation. Sighing, she cocks a hip and drags her eyes from head to toe, a moue of dissatisfaction incapable of hiding her amused eyes. "I must say you're lacking a few curves I'd prefer as well. But at least you're still pretty to look at," Evie grins, finding it's easier to settle into the banter as time goes on. She's not particularly bothered by the rejection, if only because it's good enough in her eyes to have had a nice conversation with a stranger. She certainly needed more people in her life, even in passing. "How many more roses do you have left?" She wouldn't want to keep him from completing his task, after all. No matter how cute he was.

Table by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Scarlet wasn’t as innocent as she appeared at first glance, and Amun found himself grinning wickedly at the image she conjured. ”Ah yes. Though I’ve always found that some warm oil provides a better lubricant.” He winked at her: friction was nice at some points, but sometimes it was better if it all went smoothly. As she brought up LongNight, however, he felt a mischievous light come into his eyes. ”Cramped, quarters, tight spaces, and getting cozy sounds good to me. As long as we keep the noise down, right? Guess I should go hunt down some ball gags then.” Indeed, while he wouldn’t feel anything unless he bit someone, it seemed like he would have no trouble keeping his own moans to a minimum, what with the lack of physical sensation and all.

As she ran her eyes up and down his body, he did the same to her, his gaze lazy and languid. At the admission that he lacked the necessary parts as well, he grinned, glad to have met a kindred spirit. ”I’ll take pretty. And I take it you don’t mean I’m too skinny.” He placed his hands under his nipples—which were clothed for once—and bounced up and down to simulate the curves that she presumably spoke of. ”More for both of us, I suppose.” At the very least, they wouldn’t be competing. As she asked about the Roses, he dropped his hands and chuckled, the sound dark and sensual. ”This was the last one. So I’m all yours for the rest of the night, Scarlet.”

Coding base by Sky!