fishing for a dream
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
she had magic in her eyes even the stars envied
All the more reason for me to come- you'll definitely call the monsters on us if you're out there singing. It's half a joke and half serious: Amalia will protect him in whatever way she can, and if he intends to do something a foolhardy as singing she will be there to shut him up. It's what friends are for, after all.

Though... huffing thoughtfully, the qilin tilts her head. Before... do you think there's a way you could make it so we can keep the staff on us, even shifted? I thought maybe if it could turn into a cuff or a bracelet, something that stays on when I change... It is a lot to ask, but she wants them to be as safe as possible, and Amalia knows well from last year that the staff is a key part of that defense.

Laughing lightly at his joke, Amalia shakes her head. No more shifts- Not even anything really impressive. Just a little trick. Delicately the baker steps forward, her cloven hooves pressing against the surface of the pond and...

...nothing. As the qilin strides onto the water soft ripples rise around her feet, but the surface tension never breaks and the duo never falls. Proud, delighted, she walks to the center, pausing to let the surface still so Remi can see below. What do you think?
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 62 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
say it's here where our pieces fall in place
For his part, Remi does his best to look incredibly hurt and wounded. But he'll be the first to admit his voice is average at best, the part about attracting monsters not withstanding.

Biting the inside of his lip, Remi does some quick math. "That is a clever idea. Like the cuffs we had in Northaven..." He'd never thought twice about those cuffs since coming here, but now that there were magical artifacts abound, he could certainly see the pull of them. "I think I could, yes. It would work for whoever was holding it, shifting into whatever you like: a cuff, or bracelet, necklace, ring..?" He raised his brows slightly, indicating she need only ask and he could do it for her.

"A little tri—" He begins to reply, before grasping at the side of her neck and likely clamping too hard with his legs around her svelte sides. Once he realized they weren't going to fall through, Remi hazarded a glance over her shoulder ever so slightly, to see bits of cloud swirling around her hooves. "Wha.." He breathes, stunned, before grinning stupidly.

"Incredible, indeed."
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
A cuff would be perfect, she confirms. Or like... like a bracer. That way it will be useful in both forms.

Deimos would approve.

Remi's burst of panic causes Amalia to laugh, the qilin giving him a moment to adjust to being above the water. His legs are strong, but her sides are too; gently she reaches her tail around to nudge his feet into relaxation. Look, Amalia guides him gently, lowering her own head to the clear water. Far below, dream fish dart in and out of view, and the qilin reaches out tenderly with her thoughts to pull them toward the surface, gently enticing them to swim a circle of glittering white around them.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
A bracer mmm? The alchemist raised a brow and nodded. "Fine, take me back to our things. Something tells me if I get off here I will be swimming back."

As the fish dart and dance below, Remi pulls in a breath. He does indeed relax though his hands remain tightly wound into the lavender bits of mane. Not that it will likely help if he slips into the water, but it does make him feel better. "Is this...part of being...whatever you are, now?" Like his poisonous barbs, are the fire, the clouds, the walking on water simply part of this magnificent new form?
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Mischievous, emboldened, Amalia shakes her body out - just a little, not enough to unseat him but enough to keep him on edge. It is all in good fun and innocent amusement, though, and she does oblige his request to return to shore, albeit with a bit of a playful prance.

I think so, she answers almost shyly, rolling her shoulders in a shrug. It's as though... this form, it does not want to hurt any living thing unless it has to. Even the things in the water, and the grass. It's the best she can do to explain it, really: more feeling than knowledge, just the way it is.

Leaving the surface of the water at last, Amalia draws to a stop to let Remi gather their things, a clear invitation for him to sling them across her and ride her home bright in her mind.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
With a playful growl in return, Remi grows contemplative as Amalia explains the purpose behind the powers of her shift. "That....is wonderful." He says eventually with a boyish sort of naivity and optimism. To not hurt anything, not even the blades of grass? It appeals to the simply and golden part of his soul. The part severely tarnished just now, and it makes him long endlessly for simpler times.

Dismounting, Remi plucks up the staff and hefts it in his hands. Closing his eyes, a leather bracer appears in one hand. Upon it are the etchings of the antler that top the staff, and as the alchemist imbues it with magic, they softly glow red for a moment as the bond is made. "Voila." He chuckles, before mounting again so that she might bring them both home.

Remi has made the follow:

Magic Bracer | A leather bracer that can be worn by an attuned that allows them to transport their currently-held items when shifted (small-medium items on their person) (Made by Remi)