quarter past midnight
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
gold is the hand you press to her hip
oh darling,
Well, she had heard what happened before the wedding, with the whole blight mess Phoebe had done. And she had heard the feats that Remi had done to make it as magical of a day as the Penumbra could have asked for. So when things finally begin to calm down and she begins to go through the things in her home to box away, to bring to the Artist’s Guild, she realizes she absolutely owes the Alchemist a thank you.

Luckily for her, he knows where she lives!

So she sends him a note briefly around dusk, saying something along the lines of ’If you have the time, I would love to properly thank you for the wedding! — R’ She doesn’t need to explain more, decides that if he has the time he’ll show, and if not she could simply send him something. But she has snacks and tea that she’s squirreled away, plenty of soft fleece blankets, and a fire in the fireplace despite not needing neither the warmth or the light, and she begins to pack away the clothes in her living room while she waits.
you'd even bleed preciously
REXANNA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059

R E M I

Were anyone else to have asked him for an evening rendezvous, the alchemist would assuredly have said no. There was simply too much happening, too much in the air, too many unknowns and wounds left to fester. But it wasn't just anyone, but Rexanna, one of his only actual friends at the moment who wasn't blighted. Besides, with Aoife an independent teenager now, the house was empty, making the invitation more than welcome.

Flying swiftly to Rexanna's townhome, briefly the alchemist paused as he perched on the railing, wondering if indeed this was where she still lived. Or had she relocated to be with Bastien? Or indeed, would the Penumbra's husband be here as well? Not that it mattered, really. Though seeing Bastien might require a bit more patience than the alchemist currently had on offer at the moment. Still, it was in his nature to try.

Shifting into his regular body, wearing a thick woolen sweater and a boyish smile, Remi knocked on the door.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
oh darling,
One box is down, and she’s shoving it to the side of the front door when she hears the knock. For a moment, she’s somewhat surprised he hasn’t barged in – after all, she’s gotten used to barging into his own alchemy shop. Perhaps it’s different being her home, and all that, but she doesn’t mind. Instead, dusting herself off of any dirt or dust that might have accumulated from the items she’s been packing, she reaches for the doorknob and opens the door to see a boyish smile and she can’t help but to give him a brilliant grin in response.

Remi! You made it.” She chimes happily, stepping aside to let him in. Once he enters, she closes the door behind him before turning to the slight mess she’s made of her living room – yet the flickering lights of the fireplace and the warmth of it is surely enough to keep the Alchemist warm enough. “I’ve been packing to move my things to Bastien’s, and well.. It’s really quiet and I wanted to thank you for your help with everything.” She admits with a small smile, reaching forward toward him to squeeze his hand gently. She doesn’t need to justify herself, but she feels it necessary regardless. And besides, if Remi wanted to talk and rant, she’d be all ears. That’s what friends were for, right?
REXANNA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

R E M I

When last he was here Rex's townhouse was an explosion of wedding prep. Even then he hadn't particularly had the time or attention span to take a good look at his surroundings. That, and his strange eye-sight made picking out details right away incredibly hard. As it was the interior was an amalgamation of dark shapes, with Rex's pale skin and bright sapphire blue eyes shining as if internally lit.

With a crooked and boyish smile he takes her hand and returns the gentle squeeze. "You need not thank me. Though I hope you do not ask for the same help any time soon." He adds with a wink, before making his way towards the fire, for indeed it is rather cold and the heat is very much appreciated. However as he sits he flinches and grabs at his shoulder. Careening his head around to try and look, roses of blood have bloomed through the thick wool of his sweater. With a weary sigh he simply lets the material go. "You do not have any first-aid training, do you? Really, it is just changing a bandage. I would but the angle..it is rather awkward on my own."
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
oh darling,
She turns from the door to regard him easily, squeezing his hand and thanking him regardless of it all, even if she doesn’t need to. But she smiles brightly as he squeezes her hand back, a small nod and hum of a laugh leaving her at the comment. “Second times the charm, I think.” She jests in return with a wink sent his way before he makes his way toward the fireplace – really, he was the only reason she had it running anyway. It wasn’t like she needed the light or the heat from it, but some things were too familiar to give up, especially if she were having guests.

She approaches as well, reaching for a few boxes that she can place to the side to make more room on the couch when her eyes lift back toward him at his weary sigh when she notices the blood. Dark brows furrow slightly together at his question, before she nods to him. “I have some.” She says lightly – it’s been a long time, but she has some. And she moves toward her kitchen for a few things she might need. Picking up a pair of scissors to cut the bandage off, some other things to make it easier for the bandage to stick – though she knows he’ll likely make some of the things as they go, before she returns and pulls the small coffee table toward him to sit upon.

Let’s see what you’ve got going on there.” She says lightly, trying to make it as easy as possible – reaching for the shirt to help him remove it if he didn’t want to move his shoulder more than needed, before she pauses lightly and her sapphire gaze shoots to his own. "What happened?"
REXANNA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

R E M I

The comment makes him pause for a moment giving her a wry look. "Well, I suppose that does not bode well for me then, mmm?" He says, his grin both amused and perhaps a little worried given all that is on his mind, but he chuckles just the same.

Turning his back to her and letting her help peel off his shirt, Remi hissed a pained sort of wheeze through his teeth as part of the bandage torn with the shirt letting fresh blood ooze from one of his many wounds. Whether it was caused by Phoebe or Ronin he had no way of knowing; all that was clear, was that it wasn't healing, and the one person he could ask for help wasn't really speaking to him. "Ahh...well. The bite was from Phoebe. The claw marks were Ronin." This Rex would see when she started to unravel the cloth. "Amalia tried coating it with honey and a few other things but..it does not seem to want to heal."
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
oh darling,
It’s a joke, but she smirks to him all the same just in case he had any ideas. No, she doesn’t plan on marrying again, and if this one doesn’t work out she imagines she’ll just be loveless and fine all the same. But it is nice to have it, at least while it lasts. But she makes no comment on it, not as she gathers her things to help him remove the shirt and the bandage – brows furrowing as the blood begins to seep through and drip. She grabs a cloth, reaching up to hold it to him to not ruin his jeans as he explains.

Concern flickers in her face, and for a moment while the bandage slowly begins to unravel and stick, and she grits her teeth lightly against it for the pain he must feel that she can’t feel, she pauses just enough to lift her hand to his cheek – touching gently, comfortingly, should he let her. She doesn’t know what could be causing the wound to not heal, but she has an idea, and her gut swirls with emotions she can’t exactly place. “Well, we can try to clean it up some more and hope that helps.” She tells him gently, giving him a light smile in response. “But you’ll have to remain still for it to clot over. Don’t go out and do your normal heroic things because it’ll reopen. And then you'll bleed all over your beautiful shirt again.” It’s somewhat a joke, but there’s truth in it, as she cleans up the blood and cleans out the wound the best she can.
REXANNA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

R E M I

With a sad smile the alchemist leans against her touch, shrugging lightly (which only causes the smile to turn into a wince, as the flesh of his shoulder tightens painfully). "My normal heroic things, mmm?" He asks, giving her a pointed look over his shoulder before chuckling. "You know, I absolutely never intend to." Remi adds with a wistful chuckle. And, despite all the strange situations he finds himself in, that is still absolutely the truth.

"Oh, not my beautiful shirt." Rolling his eyes playfully, he endures her help best he can. It is the second time in as many days that it has had to be re-dressed, and even Remi knows that isn't a good sign.

"Isla tried to heal it, but..she cannot. Or at least, not more than it is now." He admits softly. Loren could, but just now, asking the summoner for help wasn't exactly an option.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
oh darling,
Yes. Your normal heroic things. Being in the wrong place at the right time. Or in your case, right place wrong time.” She tells him, glancing up from his wound with an amused smile. Though she can’t talk about it, because she’s done exactly the same time and time again much to Bastien’s worries. She supposes it comes with the territory for those that are more focused on the wellbeing of others over themselves. But she’s been trying to be better about it, day after day.

He comments about his shirt and she playfully rolls her eyes. “It is a beautiful shirt.” She pouts, though the corners of her lips rise in a smile as she cleans the wound and focuses on that, her expression growing firmer as he tells her even Isla couldn’t heal it. A frown finds her face and she looks back to him. “Do you know why Isla can’t heal it?” She asks quietly, wrapping it up the best she can after cleaning it, right enough to stop the bleeding and a covering in case it starts to bleed again before she faces him more fully.
REXANNA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

R E M I

Remi just chuckled and shook his head in befuddled disbelief. "More like wrong place wrong time." He countered with an easy shrug, stifling a yawn behind his hand. "A long time ago Jigano criticized me for being precisely like this. I could not believe that it was true. And now? Well, I suppose I know it is, though I am not sure how to stop it, really." For better or worse it simply seemed to be a character trait of Remi's now that he bumbled into situations he had absolutely no right to be in. Only by luck and the love of those around him did he usually manage to make it out.

"At a guess, because it has something to do with the blight. The same way the unicorns could not simply heal that dying Undine at the waterfall all those weeks ago..Amalia does not think I have the blight—she pricked my finger with a rose to make sure—but I do think it has something to do with it."

Handing his make-shift nurse bandage after bandage, as she finishes, the alchemist moves his arm slightly to make sure the cloth isn't too tight. Shooting his friend a roguish grin, he nodded appreciatively. "Perfect. Thank you."
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
oh darling,
She gives him a knowing look as he replies, but passes it off as he speaks of Jigano — someone she hasn’t seen in quite some time. And she gnaws on her lip briefly as she listens before a smile sparks on her face and she shrugs. “You live and you learn, despite what anybody — including Jigano — thinks.” She tells him, pausing. “But I also haven’t spoken to him since I Ascended and he was still king, so… there’s that.

But she questions as to why he can’t heal, and the idea that forms in her stomach is only halfway confirmed, something worrying at her deep as she finishes wrapping him up. “I really hope the roses are helping…” She trails off, head tilting as she watches him move his arm and nods with the thank you given. “It’s been so exhausting for us nonblighted… I can only imagine what it’s been like for them.” She shrugs before she looks up to his face to look upon him more fully. “How have you been, though? Since Ronin’s been sick?” She asks, wondering with everything going on if anyone cared to ask who the man that seems to be dealing with the blighted the most, is, despite it all. If he needs a hug, a shoulder to lean on, a shoulder to cry on.
REXANNA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

R E M I

The alchemist can't help but snort as he shakes his head. "That feels like a lifetime ago." He says with a wry but dark grin, thinking of the basement. Of all those stoic faces gathered 'round, of abdications and grand speeches, condemnations and lofty plans. It all seemed like so much then, and yet it was all infinitely easier than it was now.

With a glance, Remi offers the ascended a tight-lipped smile as he tugs in a breath. He more than hopes the roses are working, but of course there is a well-spring of anxiety and disbelief coursing through him at almost all times. "Mmm. If only Vi saw fit simply to heal the sick, rather than having us plant flowers in the middle of winter." He grumbled with uncharacteristic darkness, giving his head a light shake.

How has he been? Exhaling softly and turning slightly to face his friend, Remi merely shakes his head. "Never worse." He whispers. At least last time he knew Ronin was dead, rather than merely wondering about it day after day. Even so, he tries to offer her a smile. Images flash behind his eyes though, of Ronin tearing holes in him, Phoebe biting him, Loren telling him he didn't wish to be friends, didn't wish to speak to the alchemist. It was all so, so very much. Still though, he offered Rex as much of a boyish smile as he could before sighing back against the fire.

"That said, your wedding was easily the highlite of the past few weeks." And much as he adored Rex and Bastien, it was perhaps a bit sad that that was true.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
oh darling,
The Penumbra nods her head in agreement to the statement. It was a lifetime ago, what, with everything else that was going on. But she remains silent, quiet as she listens to her questions pass over to him, listens as he speaks of what he’s noticed of the roses and against her own optimism. Still, she can understand. She doesn’t know what it would be like for her if Bastien had been blighted. But something within her coils and sours at the idea.

Maybe it’s more complicated than that?” She questions quietly with a tilt to her head. “Maybe there’s not much they can do if it is the Voice that has spread it…” She ponders, even if it’s going underneath her own goddess, her own race, against what she’s chosen to become. But, she holds her tongue. Conversations for better days, with brighter eyes and warmer hearts.

She hears him as he mentions that her wedding had been the highlight, and while Rexanna should have been pleased to know it had an impact, she didn’t think it had much competition in the way of things. So instead, she nods slightly, reaching an arm around him to the back of the couch, giving him a gentle smile. “Come here.” She says softly, opening up her arms for a tight embrace. Hugs solve everything, she decides. Ever since Hotaru had come back and she’d received such a tight closeness with those she was fond of, it seemed the easiest route. And besides, how often were people around here touched and hugged, coddled and soft? Far too little, she decides. "I care about you and your well-being, you know." She says softly, gently, a smile gracing her lips. "Perhaps this can help." Referring slightly to the mention of cuddles and coddles from the night of her first attuned bite and flight.
REXANNA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

R E M I

"More complicated." The alchemist chuckles hollowly. "For a god? The god of life?" He adds, brow raised. Complications were surely mortal notions and even if not, how could this be the sort of thing that weighed too heavily on a gods abilities?

Glancing back over his shoulder, he smiles warmly at her invitation. Never one to turn down a hug, the alchemist rises slightly and turns. Easily he wraps his arms around her, taking care not to jostle the bandages she's put on too much. It is a good thing the fire behind him warms his skin, for shirtless as he is, he notes almost immediately the lack of warmth radiating off of his friend. But no matter, he's been friends (and lovers) with enough of the ascended to not be bothered by this.

Letting his head fall against the crest of her neck, the alchemist sighs pulling the Penumbra close. "Thank you. I cannot tell you how much that means just now. It feels as though...well. Sometimes it feels as though those who say that lately use it against me." He confides softly, thinking of course of Loren.