Kiss from a Rose
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Another time the bard might have had a lopsided smile for the artists's braggadocio - that, or rolled eyes. Then again, he was right that Ascended weren't easily hurt, not with how fast they could heal. Even if Jigano had overpowered him, it would have taken more than one blow to disable Bastien, and hopefully that would have given the other man a chance to fight back and get away. As he apparently had, stabbing the bard with the only weapon he had to hand - a rose full of thorns, sharp as needles and far more effective than a knife or sword for besting the blight in his blood.

He wasn't sure what Bastien had in mind at first, but he drew in a shaking breath as the artist came close enough to pass over the thorn. It was such a small thing, but beautifully gilded even in the snowy moonlight. It seemed impossible that something so small could have such a big effect, but there was no denying what it had done already. The power of the gods were definitely at work, and Jigano took the thorn in shaking hands, closing his cold fingers over it gently so he wouldn't prick himself again so soon. "Thank you," he whispered, grateful almost beyond words at the hope that Bastien offered alongside the thorn. Whether it would work if he did it to himself - or if the blight would even let him prick himself with it - he wouldn't know for a few more hours, but even the chance that he could extend his conscious control of his body was a gift beyond price. "I... I will try." Curling over the seed of hope he focused on taking deeper breaths, taking each moment at a time and treasuring it before he lost himself again, for what he feared might be the final time.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Jigano took the thorn from him - in the second their hands met, Bastien hoped that he might have saved the bard from the worst of his fate. Either way, he could not bring the man back to town; he had heard that Blighted who were out of control were being taken to the prison. If one was to die of illness, lost from themselves and mad, it was best for it to happen where they could be free and breath air one last time, he thought.

"Good luck. If...if you do make it through this, come and see me in the Guild. I would like to know you are well." He asked, then gathering his painting things (trying not to look at Jigano as he did - he knew if it was him, he would not want to be seen in such a way) he left, troubled and sad.

Bastien
I must say, it’s nice
This pageant of vice
For life’s just the rice
But sin is the flavour