shelter from the sun
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
there's light at the edge of the darkness
It was over. For good or for ill, at least the stank was gone. Loren couldn't help but sigh a little in relief as he removed his blindfold, though no doubt Amalia would judge him for that, as she seemed to judge everything else about him. Before he spoke, he had to remove the noseplugs as well; even if it made him lightheaded to let the lingering odor back in, he knew he'd sound ridiculously nasally. "You're welcome. And I wish it had gone better as well." He turned to lead the way back to Astra and Ianto. "Do you want me to put the Spark Bird back in the amulet?" The Launceleyn knew she had wanted it for LongNight.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
the shield of safrin
The sigh of relief has Amalia laughing, a little abashed at having left poor Loren for so long blindfolded and enduring the smell. "I don't know how you lasted so long," she admits softly, shaking her head. "I can shift enough that I can't smell, at least. Otherwise I probably would have given up a lot sooner."

He offers to put the bird back in the amulet, and Amalia turns it thoughtfully between her fingers, biting her lip. "I... I think I'll keep the healing, if that's okay." In all honesty she's more than likely to need that sooner than she would ever need a spark bird. Amalia had a habit of getting into trouble.

At last they near the lip of the tunnel, and Amalia reaches down to pick up the poor unconscious Ianto, settling him carefully in her scarf. "I'm going to take him back to the bakery and get some food in him. Would you like to come? It's the least I can do to thank you."
someday we'll find what we're looking for
or maybe not
maybe we'll find something much greater
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
there's light at the edge of the darkness
At Amalia’s words, Loren just shrugged. This was hardly the most unpleasant experience he’d ever had in his life. Far from it, in fact. ”I'm used to it. My immediate family were mostly illusionists. I didn’t have any illusion magic, so they used to assault all of my senses.” Indeed, he gained quite a tolerance for olfactory attacks as well as every other sense. And pain, of course. At her request to keep the healing, the Launceleyn nodded. However, he did have a question. ”You also have healing in your shield, right?” Although his memory wasn’t perfect—as evidenced by, well, pretty much everything in his life at the moment—he was pretty sure he remembered that much.

As the baker offered to feed him, the summoner bit his lip, then shook his head. ”Thanks, but I should probably get back to work.” He had already spent too much time here, most likely, since he had quite a bit to do before LongNight and didn’t want to screw up timelines more than they already were. ”Let me know if he doesn’t recover? Or if you need anything from me?” Presumably, she’d just avoid him like everyone else, but they knew where to find him if they changed their minds. He wasn’t sure if he wanted them to or not. Astra snuggled against his side, and he rubbed her head before nudging her forward to say a proper goodbye to Amalia.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
the shield of safrin
Hearing the Launceleyns were abusive assholes somehow doesn't surprise Amalia as much as it should, but still she glances sharply at Loren, exhaling and tugging at her sleeve. "I'm sorry," the girl murmurs softly, sincere in her regret for his plight. She looks away again as he mentions the shield, though, stiffening a little with mild anxiety. "Ah... yes, but Ronin has it right now." He stole it from me while he had the Blight and I haven't managed to track him down since is left unsaid. It is embarrassing to admit the loss of her most treasured possession, especially filled with his power as it is.

He declines her offer yet again, and Amalia cannot help but feel a little slighted. It makes sense that he wouldn't like her - she has not been particularly friendly to the man - but it still upsets her fragile sensibilities, makes her regret her many mistakes. "Okay. And likewise," the baker says softly, kneeling down to scratch Astra behind the ears in an affectionate goodbye. "Don't let him work himself down too hard, hm?" she whispers, before standing and gathering her things.
someday we'll find what we're looking for
or maybe not
maybe we'll find something much greater