shelter from the sun
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
the shield of safrin
The Underground.

Amalia has spent little time in this place: too dark, too dreary, too full of secrets, some of them good and many others bad. It is here that she made her greatest mistake, the one that led to every disaster, to the world falling apart. She never should have helped them liberate the Voice - and while she knows it was a group effort, while she knows the blame is not squarely on hers, it is she who made the fatal whisper, who answered the riddle and opened the door.

It is here she must return to look for answers, to continue the hunt for absolution of this, her cardinal sin. The blight may be lifted, but there is still work to do, people to guide back from the darkness. One of those beings may be beyond hope, but Amalia is nothing if she does not try.

She carries with her the usual armament, though the staff and shield are strapped to her back in an attempt to avoid the appearance of a threat. A dimly lit lantern is held in her right hand, and on her pack a small box hangs, buzzing with a special treat: a paper wasp, caught in the Antheneum. The other treasure she carries is fragile, wrapped in cloth and tucked in her pocket, a single rose of Vi.

Barefoot, ginger, the girl steps into the darkness, pressing forward with calming thoughts, invitation she does not know if it can hear. If it was an animal once, perhaps the Attuned bond will work, but... she does not know. "Prince? Are you here? I've brought you a gift..." She is dressed in muted colors, grays and blacks, the only spot of color the red scarf wrapped loosely around her neck.
someday we'll find what we're looking for
or maybe not
maybe we'll find something much greater
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
IANTO
sometimes love can kill a man
Another splash of colour would soon join Amalia as she descended into the underground, but this one came on wings and fluttered to land carefully on her shoulder. Ianto had been flying - aimlessly, yes, but flying all the same, when he had noticed the baker on her mission. Crimson feathers ruffling up against the cold, the cardinal became an adorable featherball and chirped a greeting to Amalia.

I hope you don't mind some company, Ianto said through their bond. Only I think I would be chastised if you were to disappear down here, and I was the last one to ever see you. His laughter was quiet, but that didn't make him any less serious. And besides, this would be a welcome distraction from... from... well. From what he had seen, felt after the events at the shrine in the Wildwood.

Who is the Prince, if I might ask?

Within, of course, the underground was treacherously dark and icy. And there was no sign of the creature that Amalia called. Yet.
Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Amalia
the shield of safrin
"Chastised by whom?" Amalia turns to the bird on her shoulder, pleasantly surprised by the appearance of her fluffy red friend. She had meant to seek Ianto out after their talk by the Spire, and his presence is a welcome comfort in the darkness of the Underground and the weight of her own doubtful thoughts. The days have grown brighter with the receding blight, but Amalia still feels the pressure of her recent failures pressing down upon her soul.

Distractions are welcome. Distractions are how she remains sane. The underground is dark and icy, but a snow leopard's paws were meant for just such terrain, her eyes adjusting to the low light. "The Prince is... he's said to be an experiment of the Voice, made long ago. But not human. At the start." In truth, Amalia has not encountered the Prince before personally, but all the descriptions she has heard portray him as less villain than victim in his tale.

Stepping further into the tunnels, the baker proceeds slowly, the footing rather treacherous despite her feline claws. "I was hoping that... I don't know. Maybe the roses would help him, too. I suppose that sounds silly, though."
or maybe not
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
IANTO
Oh, any number of people. You have a lot of friends, and I'm sure there would be search parties if you were to go missing. Did Ianto know that for certain? Did it matter? Either way he had come looking for her, and now she wasn't alone in the dark any longer. Not that she seemed to have planned to be alone for long.

Clicking his beak at the description of the Prince, the fluffball inched his sneaky way across Amalia's shoulder in the hope that he, too, might nestle up in the warmth of her red scarf. It sounds... interesting, he said slowly, unsure what to make of this supposed experiment. Does it have the blight? he asked, unsure how the roses were meant to help this Prince. It's worth a shot, I guess. So do you just call for it?
Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
the shield of safrin
You have a lot of friends. Another thing he cannot know will hurt her, but it feels like a jab into her insecurities, fingers in her wounds. Amalia chuckles uncomfortably, turning her face away from the bird on her shoulder in an attempt to hide the bright flash of pain, a crooked smile swiftly taking its place. "And what about you? I'd hate to have the wrath of the Fae rain down on me, if I lose you in here. Better stay close, little bird."

Deeper into the caves they progress, and Amalia stops to take some chalk from her pocket, marking a small X upon the wall. "I don't know if it has the blight," the girl confesses, "But the demon did, and... I dunno. I thought if there was a way to help him it must be worth a shot." She shrugs, feeling silly, aware of how foolish her optimism must sound. "I just... I feel like I have to do something. To try."

Gods, but maybe Safrin was right. Maybe she's just a bleeding heart with delusions of grandeur and an inflated sense of self importance.

"I was hoping calling would work, but I'm trying to reach out with the attuned bond, too. In case there's still an animal mind in there. I was going to try singing, too." Sheepishly, Amalia smiles, shrugging gently so as to avoid disrupting the bird. [say"I... I also brought a treat for it. A paper wasp. If it wants."
or maybe not
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
there's light at the edge of the darkness
Loren had heard about the Prince from Remi what felt like ages ago, though it had been less than a season. Although it was a vain hope, he’d commented then that maybe his healing magic could help the poor suffering being. Unfortunately, he hadn’t exactly had time to find the creature; he’d been busy with LongNight preparations, and imprisonment, and emotional upheavals, and it wasn’t until today that he found himself with a precious bit of free time.

So, he’d gathered up his staff and his companion, Astra, and descended into the depths. The glow from the luxere’s horns was more than enough to see by, and the tunnels held no fear for the summoner. Indeed, the silence and shadows—though banished as it was by the Astra’s light—were almost comforting, filled as they were with an old familiarity. He had nothing to fear from the darkness outside.

It was the darkness inside of him that terrified him.

Oddly enough he spotted a familiar figure bathed in light up ahead. Frowning, he picked up his pace, Astra trotting beside him. ”Amalia?” He called out softly, not wanting to startle the woman. Although he wasn’t sure if they were friends or not—all their encounters had been surprisingly pleasant, threats to his life aside, but also incredibly awkward—but he knew she was a good person and was glad to see her, if a bit confused. ”What’re you doing down here? And no Jyoti today?” The starwhale was nowhere to be seen.

Astra peered up at the baker’s staff with wide eyes, causing Loren to look more closely at it. When he did, he realized why the light around them seemed so familiar: there were antlers on it, larger than Astra’s though definitely from a luxere. Now that he saw it, he remembered what Amalia had said, about the luxere that had shed its antlers for her. Now he knew where they had ended up.

It took him a little while longer to notice the fluffy and feathered bit of red hidden among the woman’s red scarf. When he did, he smiled at the bird, and held out his finger for it to hop onto, if it wanted. Still, it looked comfy where it was, so he figured it would stay put. ”Whose this cutie?” Loren had always liked animals, more than most people, so he practically beamed at the cardinal.
loren

Coding base by Sky!

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:

Hearing the sounds of the duo (Ianto hardly counted in his current form), the Prince oozed his way into a corner, breath held. Holding its breath, noxious gases built up within its system, and though the point of all of this was to keep quiet, its body had other ideas. A wet and putrid fart issued from one of the Prince's various openings, and as it did so, several boils on the creature's distended stomach exploded releasing a foul smelling black goop.
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
IANTO
"Oh, I doubt you'll have the wrath of the Fae coming for you should anything happen to me. You'll not even have to fear my godmother, now. And he didn't know how to feel about that, still, not with everything that had happened and was still happening all around them. The cardinal, nonetheless, snuggled closer into the scarf, listening to Amalia's explanations about her purpose, her reasoning and her plans to draw the Prince out into the open.

Before he could respond, however, the sound of footsteps had him turning, crimson feathers ruffling against the cold and the unknown. Whilst he might have recognised Loren (he genuinely couldn't remember if he had known anything more than the man's name from Remi in their past), it had been a long, long time. All he knew was that, in the presence of a tiny luxere, he was probably fine. And he seemed friendly enough.

Chuckling to Amalia at being called a cutie, Ianto cheep!ed for Loren and hopped out of the scarf and onto the librarian's finger.

Then the most awful smell hit the air, and the cardinal promptly fainted away from Loren's hand like a canary in a mine.
Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
the shield of safrin
"That's right." She wants to ask more - how he's been since Arduinna's sacrifice, if this means he is finally free, what comes next for the mischievous fox - but it does not seem like the time, somehow.

And besides, they are swiftly interrupted as another appears in the winding tunnels- not the Prince but a familiar human, the summoner easy to recognize even in the dim light. What is he doing down here, she wonders, where sunlight fails to fall? "She does not like closed spaces," the baker replies with a shrug, glancing at Ianto and sending a soothing pulse through the Attuned bond. He's a friend. Sort of.

The cardinal doesn't seem to need any reassurance, though; he make his way to Loren's finger without any protest, and the girl smiles wryly, her dark eyes soft with affection. Kneeling down to greet Astra properly, Amalia reaches out to scratch behind her antlers- antlers not too dissimilar from the red ones that wind through her staff. "Ianto, my friend. He's Attuned. We're looking for-"

But a noise interrupts her explanation, followed shortly by a terrible and incredibly putrid smell. Balking slightly as the pungent aroma hits her delicate senses, Amalia schools herself quickly, turning to look toward the source. "Prince?" the Shield calls out softly, taking one slow and careful step forward, a hand extended back to keep Loren quiet. "My name is Amalia- we came to see you. To visit. Is that ok?"
or maybe not
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Ah, well the summoner couldn’t exactly blame Jyoti for her reluctance. He didn’t love them that much either, but he was used to much more cramped quarters and much less freedom of movement, so the underground felt positively spacious to him. That was a depressing thought, so he banished it from his mind. He had company. While he wasn't sure if they were friends, at least Amalia was being pleasant.

He simply nodded in acknowledgement of the baker’s statement about the starwhale, then grinned as the cardinal hopped onto his finger and Amalia reached out to scratch Astra, who obviously tilted her head to give the baker better access. As Amalia explained that this was not actually a cardinal—or well, not just a cardinal—Loren found himself blushing, given how he’d greeted the other man. ”Oh! I see. Uh, nice to meet you Ianto.” He couldn’t help the embarrassed tone that stole over him.

Just about then, a foul aroma wafted into the air. Instinctively, Loren pinched his nose with his free hand and looked around for the source: however, then he had two free hands as Ianto plummeted off the summoner’s finger, apparently knocked totally unconscious by the odor. As Amalia spoke, Loren barely paid attention, too busy trying to catch the falling Attuned. Holding his breath, his hands darted forward; however, he didn’t trust his physical ability, so he tried to use his telekinesis to slow the other man’s descent and maneuver him into the Launceleyn’s hands. If he was successful, he’d send a pulse of healing magic through the cardinal, hoping that would revive Ianto. If not, well, hopefully the summoner could heal the other man from the fall.

All the while, he kept his eyes peeled for any sign of the Prince. He’d caught that much, and could only assume this miasma had come from the prototype Ascended. However, he knew very little about what to suspect, so he was more than willing to let Amalia take the lead here.
loren

Coding base by Sky!

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

"NnnnNN—HurrBRAP—ooO" The voice was a wet warble from down the tunnel; the sort of sound that made you think to stand too close to it would be to smell something extremely foul that you'd want to scrub off later.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
the shield of safrin
The Prince does not reply with words, exactly, but as the voice (and smell) drift through the tunnels Amalia takes another step forward, slowly, carefully, trying to steel herself against the pungent miasma. She remembers what Lily told her, after their venture to find the library: that the creature does not seem to want to be looked upon. That it seemed scared, and shy.

Glancing back at Loren and Ianto, Amalia hopes they will follow her lead. "We won't look at you, if you don't want us to. But we brought things- food, if you like. And a flower." Carefully she pulls out the single rose, leaving the paperwasp for now. She isn't sure if the creature even eats, let alone what, but she has bread stashed away as well.
or maybe not
the Firebrand

Change author:
Thankfully, through some combination of physical prowess, magical skill, or just pure, dumb luck, Loren managed to catch Ianto. Unfortunately, the cardinal did not rise as the summoner healed the other man, so the Launceleyn ceased his spell and bit his lip. While he knew the ideal thing to do would be to leave and make sure the bird-man was alright by getting him away from the foul odor, the summoner didn’t know if he’d get another chance to view the Prince.

Which meant he’d have to make this quick. Amalia hadn’t seemed to notice what was going on behind her; while he was loathe to interrupt her gentle coaxing, he knew she needed to hear about Ianto. So Loren spoke in as low a whisper as he could manage. ”Ianto fainted, so I should take him somewhere safe. But I wanted to try healing the Prince before I go.” Astra, forgotten by this writer in the hustle and bustle, had retreated a safe distance down the tunnel and watched them all anxiously.
loren

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:

The Prince seems to consider this. There is a long, wet, and puss-filled moment of contemplation before the pair hear: "Ppprromise you won't—HrrrrrrggBLAB—loo ooOOk?" The voice has the consistency of honey and the ph-level of cheese, but it is scared, and ashamed.