Personal Quest when prayer is not enough
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
I know I am good at something, I just haven't found it yet
"Even if I wasn't I am a pretty awful builder." Phoebe said with a sigh, smiling a bit at Remi. But she was busy. There was the College to run, her personal practice and patients to handle, occasionally watching her three nephews, her regular worship to Frey to tend to, various other tasks to help those around her - Phoebe Steadman was a near manically busy young lady. But it helped stave off the loneliness she often felt.

The blonde nodded as alchemist confirmed she wanted the door sealed shut. "There should be as few entrances into the Temple as possible I think." she said. She had built a little haven for the Luxere just beyond the door, so really it was likely quite safe, but she didn't want to risk it. The Palmer's had been supposedly quite safe, and look what happened there.

But then another unexpected guest arrived - one that Phoebe had every reason to be distrustful of. Nothing personal really, but the Voice had used the Ascended unwittingly to spread a disease that nearly killed people and a forest (and had actually ultimately led to the sacrifice of Arduinna). Her expression fell neutral as she beheld the queen she had raged at while blighted. "The door to the medicinal garden is being sealed magically. The garden is filled with hay and other treats for the Luxere who have been regularly gathering there but I'd rather not chance it if we are to have the ill and injured here." Phoebe said softly, head held high. Wessex might be a queen, but this was her college and the Dean would not shrivel in her own sanctuary.
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Well, of all the people Loren wanted to see, Wessex was pretty low on the list. Apparently, she didn’t trust him to do his job and had come to micromanage. Well, that was her prerogative. His job was to get this place ready for LongNight, and if she wanted to judge and nitpick at his efforts, so be it. He was quickly approaching the point where his trust in her was at an all time low.

Thankfully, after their string of bad luck, it seemed they had some good luck, at least in the main area of the Temple: Loren and Oliver (with the assistance of Wessex) would have no trouble boarding up and blocking off the windows with cloth, and Sunjata would similarly be able to cover all the entrances. However, the queen didn’t stick around to find that out, and Loren’s eyes widened as he saw her make her way over to the college.

So much for avoiding Remi. Hurrying after her, the Launceleyn paused at Sunjata and Oliver in turn. "Hey. I think we're just about done here. I can probably finish up the rest. Oliver, if you don't mind waiting, I'll take you to the Manor after this." With that, Loren scurried off after Wessex. Luckily, he was just in time to catch the queen’s question. Phoebe managed to answer what had been going on in the College—with less vitriol than the summoner had been expecting—and when she finished he quickly jumped in before anyone else could. ”Remi blocked off the tunnel to the Rathskellar. We put snow moss in all the windows, then boarded them up and covered them with black cloth. We put the remaining snow moss in all the cracks we could find. We also boarded up all the entrances in the main area of the Temple except for the front doors. I’ll hunt down some carpets and lay them everywhere before LongNight to help keep sound down.” Although he'd forgotten that last part, it wasn't the most difficult task. He was pretty sure that covered it all, but if Wessex wanted to give additional suggestions (or orders) she could. Loren stood there, hands clasped behind his back.

This PQ is now concluded! Thanks all. Feel free to stick around to chat or see if there are additional tasks.
But don’t be weary if it’s broken
Families are like that—
they’re split up and always torn.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
Hopefully neither Loren nor Phoebe will be too disappointed with the Wessex they get today. There’s no point in reminding everyone that Wessex has never asked anyone to shrivel before her, or that her own safety depends on things being done right, so an extra pair of eyes should be welcome. Their hackles are raised for nothing. After all, isn’t Loren off to go check on the Guildhall after this - what is that, if not some other version of micromanaging?

When given the explanation of what Remi is doing, the Queen reaches out to touch the door, just to see what it feels like. “Good,” is all she says, accompanied by a small nod of approval. She’s of a similar mindset, to an extent. There’s hardly a moment to turn and see what else is going on before the summoner is behind her, and her eyes track the changes he describes, roaming over the windows and the door, then the floors, head bobbing up and down in silent consideration - and then that, too, gets her approval.

“Thank you, Loren, for organizing. And everyone else, thank you for helping.” Offering each a small smile, the Queen then turns to Remi, and gestures towards the Rathskellar. “Could you show me what you did with the tunnel?” Wessex would like to know everything - to change it, if necessary - or how to reverse it, if something were to happen and they needed another emergency exit.
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
that's the thing about pain // it demands to be felt
Whatever other alterations Remi had wanted to make or suggest, it seemed Loren and Phoebe had things well under control. If he'd learned anything in the past few conversations with Loren, it was that perhaps he ought to keep more than a few of his thoughts to himself.

With a latent nod towards Wessex, Remi pushed up the sleeves of his shirt (covered in dust by now) in a gesture of uncertainty. Much as he wanted to glance towards Loren for some sort of reassurance, he kept his gaze where it was and offered the queen a smile. "Of course. Would you like to go now?"

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.