pissed planting
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX

Go
deep throat
a cactus

Wessex Theskyra, The Wraith, Queen of Caido, Protector of baby Ascended, and mostly devoted to the Voice.

That could be his first job - working on her title.

“Getting encased in a bubble for three hundred years and barely eking out a living tends to make you focus on the less superficial things like, can she hunt and can she spend a full day in the fields kind of thing. Couple that with not having a ruler in at least that long and… yeah, I’d say appearances aren’t the most important thing.” And hey, she can’t argue with his reasoning. Sticking out her hand to make a deal, making both of Crooked’s characters loyal to her the span of a couple of weeks, the Wraith matches his look of approval with one of her own. Team Ascended.

“Stick with me and you may just survive LongNight. If you don’t have a place to live yet, go to Theskyra House and tell the housekeeper I’ve given you a room upstairs. She’ll have to board up the windows, but you’ll be all set.”

Don't ever let anyone say Wessex Theskyra doesn't take care of her own.

Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
full moon rising on the waters of my soul
Wessex was thinking about this all wrong. All she kept talking about were how things used to be, now how they should be. Seemed like Amun had arrived just in the nick of time. ”Bubble is down now, ain’t it? And you're the queen, so we got a ruler, too. Gotta give people something to look up to Princess. Indeed, if anything, now that there was a queen, the Hollowed Grounds should be ripe for an update.

But first, Wessex needed to think about how she came across a little more. ”Sounds good to me. But needs some work on the looks department. For one, don’t shake hands. I’m not your equal, I’m your flunkey.” Still, he gave her an easy smile and grasped her hand, though he slightly insolently bowed over it.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX

Go
deep throat
a cactus

The Wraith is about to get real tired of Outlander men telling her how she should conform to their ideas of what a ruler should and should not be. Maybe Amun will appreciate a more egalitarian society, even one where they’re all dirt poor and magic rich and money doesn’t even exist yet. “Oh, There’s a king, too.” she slips in. “Been rather ill and out of the picture lately, but when he’s in full health, he fulfills the whole ‘looking up to’ part of the job.”

Wessex is bad cop. Ronin is good cop. It’s not always a great feeling, but it works and she had volunteered to play that roll from the beginning.

As Amun bows ever so slightly over her hand, she goes to smack him upside the head. Not hard, exactly, just enough to give him a little shock. “Then stop telling me how to act, flunkie.

Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
When Wessex mentioned the sickly little king, Amun gave her an easy smile. Oh sure the potter could hear the edge in the queen’s voice, but he was going to ignore it, as he ignored pretty much everything that was dumb or not fun, which was, well, most things. He'd had a lot of practice at it by now, especially in Caido. ”So what, the woman does all the work and the man gets all the glory? Fuck that partiarchal bulllshit. You should be worshipped and adored by your subjects, Princess, and the invalid should either step down or step up.” He was honestly a little bothered by how easily she agreed to such an unfair division of leadership: seemed to Amun that the one here doing everything, Wessex, should be the one who got credit and admiration for it. As she smacked him (lightly) on the head, however, he grinned, though wisely said nothing. Maybe there was hope for her yet.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX

Go
deep throat
a cactus

Perhaps there's hope for both of them in one way or another. Amun would find the Queen an often demanding mistress, should he have the balls to stick it out. Wessex snorts again. “Other than giving out free orgasm bites for all, without some heroic event, it's going to be hard to change people's mind. We're a self-righteous bunch." Stubborn, indignant, prideful, and many of them (including herself) are a thousand percent convinced their perspectives are the correct ones. Personal growth is slow here, unless it's forced by a God's hand or supernatural event.

"Many of the Outlanders came from the King's world and because he died while fighting a demon and is a God's favorite, he can do no wrong." Her eyes roll. "I have a bad past with my people. And on top of that, most think we don't even need Kings and Queens." Even Wessex thinks that now and then, when the job gets tough and she wants to throw in the towel. So support from the Naturala is spotty at best, though she has a hunch they'd rather have a fellow as half the ruling pair than just the Outlanders.

So she tries to pick her battles, but as they come faster and faster, the Wraith finds herself fighting more and more. "So feel free to take the lead on spreading the good word of Wessex," she says with more than a little jest in her voice. But like, really. Go for it. Stuffy and boring as she is, she's her ass off

Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Well, Wessex said it as a joke, but Amun didn’t see any probably with it. ”Free orgasms for all sounds like a wonderful idea, Princess. Sign me up!” And maybe she could stand to bite a few people as well. It might help take the hard edge off everything she said and did. However, the potter actually listened to her comments about the king and the other outlanders. ”Well. He ain’t here, is he? And the nice thing about public opinion is that it’s easy enough to sway with the right words and the right attitude.” And the right outfit, but they’d covered that ground already. ”That's especially true when, you know, one person is actually out in public and the other is nowhere to be seen. And I’d be happy to spread the gospel of Wessex. Just tell me who I need to convince.” He winked at the queen, totally willing to be her mouthpiece.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX

Go
deep throat
a cactus

For a brief, brief moment, despite her lack of attraction to Amun and general aversion to intimacy, Wessex does consider biting him. In the end she is as predictable as one might assume and doesn't, because that isn't who she is. At least, not in this part of Caido, where she has responsibilities and whatnot.

The Queen was definitely more relaxed when Edy was around. But no one needs to know that.

A small smile. "No specific assignment right now. Just… be around. Be a positive influence, whatever that means. Talk me up if LongNight or something comes up. Easy." A sly shrug. Surely the trading, winking man can handle something like that? There's a little bit of embarrassment at needing - or rather, using - someone else like this, because she shouldn't need to. But here they are, so… why not? Why not take advantage of everything she can?

Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Even if she didn’t provide free orgasms to all, the potter knew he could probably get some on his own. Still, he was pleased with how this conversation had gone. Regardless of what Wessex might think of Amun personally, she at least finally agreed to let him spread her gospel. He grinned lazily, and gave her another one of his winks. ”Can do.” Indeed, talking to people was his specialty; even those who found him annoying at first tended to warm up to him before too long. Just like the queen had, in fact. He was infectious, that way, or like water, always finding the smallest crack or wearing down obstacles given enough time. And if there was any way to help the queen relax along the way, he would find it. She needed it more than most people he'd met.
amun

Coding base by Sky!