all at stake
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
all the things we said when we were younger
When I first came to Caido, Ludo made me see things in the woods all the time. The hawk explained as he slipped over the thick crowns of the Greatwood Trees. I would see lanterns softly glowing, always just far enough way that I could not really see. I would hear voices too, calling to me. Reticence and guilt pulsed through the bond, as did memories of unspeakable horrors committed at the gods behest. Or...well not quite. Ludo had once told the alchemist that there was always a choice. Death was always a way out. So perhaps Ludo hadn't made Remi kill anyone. Remi had simply chosen their death over his.

Shaking his head to clear his mind, the hawk banked sharply towards where Ianto had said they would find the shrine. I do not see them anymore, luckily. He added with a darkened mental sigh.

did it bend or did I break?

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
the shield of safrin
Ludo is... tricky. It has its own morals, I think, sometimes. That Ludo would try to trick Remi so is unfortunate, but not particularly surprising to the girl, who has made a point of studying the gods. Her own encounters with the soul guide have been nothing but positive, but there have been enough tales of its cruelties that she knows to be wary of the playful god. That's why I want to speak to Mort. Because I cannot believe he condones killing, whatever Ludo may thinks.

Gliding down on tilting wings, Amalia follows the hawk down through the foliage, a small glittering whale rounding out the trio. She has been to this shrine before, more than once, but never to speak to Mort. Indeed, speaking to the loving god of death is not something she ever anticipate doing, and there is some trepidation that fills her now, eclipsed only partially by hope and excitement. Did you recognize the voices?
you drew memories in my mind
i could never erase
you painted colors in my heart
i could never replace
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
Usually they were of my mother. Sometimes of Ianto, before the barrier fell. The hawk replied quietly as they circled lower. I could never catch up to them though. Normally they would just call and call, trying to lead me into a swamp where I would sink into quicksand and drown.

Simultaneously shifting and landing, the alchemist ruffled a hand through his curls with a weary sigh. The reason for this visit was complex and weighed heavily on the alchemist's heart. That he didn't hold out hope Mort would actually answer didn't make his trepidation any less. With everything happening what Amalia had said about Roanna of all people seemed insane and unbelievable. But of course that was why they were here after all.

"And what if this is somehow what Mort wants?" The alchemist asked, raising a brow slightly at the baker, worry clear in his voice. "Even if it is approved by a god...I cannot simply let my friends be killed."

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Amalia
the shield of safrin
Empathy radiates from her soul, presses against him with silent affection. She can never understand the things he has been through, but she can still feel for him just as she admires the strength he demonstrates, his ability to overcome. She wishes she could believe in the future the way that Remi seems to, to find strength in adversity, to see the silver lining of every cloud.

But Amalia is not an optimist. All she can do is keep pushing, keep trying, keep crawling towards a goal, until her knees are bloody and her palms are raw and her heart lies beating on the ground.

Landing in the soft new snow, the baker shifts to human form, Jyoti coming to rest upon her shoulder as she looks upon the shrine. Remi's question is one she has not yet dared to ask, one she hopes she will not have to answer, because then she will be lost. Staring at the shrine, the young Shield sighs. "Then we will find another way. But first we have to ask. To try."
i could never erase
i could never replace
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
The alchemist smiles fondly at his friend, her pulse of empathy warming him in a way that his many sweaters do not. "Alright." He agrees, his boyish smile fading slightly as he considers the thing they are about to do. If Mort does not answer, that will feel terrifying. But if he does? The god who plucked his husband down from the stars? What then?

"Perhaps it best if you...if you ..?" Silently he reached for her hand, turning shattered eyes towards the pale candles flickering through the snow amidst the tree roots. I think...you already know my mind, and my heart. The alchemist prays silently, though Amalia is welcome to his thoughts. What he holds back from her, if not from the god, is the life he recently helped to take. The body he hid. The unforgivable thing he has done.

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
the shield of safrin
"As though I have any idea what I'm doing." Amalia smiles wryly at Remi, but does not protest further as he takes her hand, her fingers closing easily in his. It is beautiful, the shrine, and the candles leave spots behind her eyes as she lets long lashes fall down to her cheeks.

For a moment fears and failures fall away: there is only here, and them, and the beauty of reverence, her love for the gods and the strength of her faith. Exhaling softly, the girl begins, her voice a low hum in the mystic place. "Mort, who cares for those who have passed on from life... please, allow us a moment of your time. We need your guidance, so we might walk a path deserving of your love." It is a modification of an old, simple prayer, but it is all she can manage by words. Through her mind, though, she exudes the depth of her reverence and ardor, her prayers and fears and need for redemption, her childlike search for guidance and hope.
i could never erase
i could never replace
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
"Moreso than I do." Remi chuckles back with a reassuring pulse.

As the baker speaks, the alchemist keeps his eyes closed trying desperately to keep this mind away from thoughts of blood splatter on golden wings. He instead thinks of the kindness Mort showed to Ronin in exchanging Ashetta's gift for his husband's life. He holds onto it like a beacon, hoping the brightness he imagines in his mind can cast away the shadows lurking and looming large at the edges of his thoughts.

Coding base by Sky!

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Guidance can come in many forms, as can the answers to questions asked. Not all of them are what you might like however, and today there is only silence to meet your prayers.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
the shield of safrin
In the end, no answer comes.

She waits longer than is strictly necessary, perhaps, knowing before she opens her eyes that there will be no figure to meet her. Amalia has prayed often enough to know how it feels when her calls are unanswered, and while normally she is unperturbed on these occasions, the lack of response is troubling today. Is this Mort's way of telling them that he does, in fact, condone Ludo's instruction? Is the god of death too busy to notice them? Certainly there is more at stake of late, greater issues than their moral quandary, but still.

Amalia would have liked direction. Now, she simply feels more lost.

Exhaling a soft sigh, the baker lets her eyes flutter open, dropping Remi's hand. "I don't think he's coming," she murmurs gently, reaching up to stroke Jyoti who coos reassuringly at her shouder. "So what do we do now?"
i could never erase
i could never replace
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
The lack of a response prickles against the alchemist's skin like needles. Every second that ticks by is just another confirmation that the god knows what he has done and is displeased. Why else leave one so pious as Amalia standing in the snow with naught but a chill breeze for a response?

"I..think it may be because I am here." Remi said, not reluctantly, perhaps just guiltily. His lips twitched slightly into a smile for a moment as he runs a hand through his curls, exhaling a cloud of white. "I...suppose I want to speak to Roana. What she did to Sam...a blade at his throat? That...I cannot let that stand."

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
the shield of safrin
"It's not your fault," she replies automatically, pursing her lips in clear unhappiness. If anyone is to blame for this it is Amalia, selfish and doubtful and daring to think she might be more. "They have the rest of the world to care for." Solve your own problems, nothing child. Tend to your own wounds.

Talking to Roana. Yes, that is the next step, as loath as she is to do so. "I'll come with you. She promised to wait until we heard from Mort, but since he didn't answer..." she shrugs, biting her lip anxiously, her dark eyes turning up to the sky. "I cannot stand against the gods, Remi. But what Roana wants to do... it's wrong."
i could never erase
i could never replace
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
"You do not know what I have done." The alchemist admits in a voice weighted down with the lifeblood of a man who was far from innocent, but did not deserve the death he received. What was weightier still, was the knowledge that, despite the wrongness, the alchemist would do it again. And again, and again, and again. He'd like to think it was simply the predators in him having finally asserted themselves, but really, it was weakness on his part. It was easier to simply give in, to tear literal limbs away to keep his family safe rather than striving for other means. It was weakness to give in to his strength and use it against those who would harm those he loved.

Looking up with eyes of sea-foam that seemed now to hold specks of steel in them, the alchemist nodded. "I will never ask you to put your faith on the line. But I will not stand by this, no matter who has commanded it." So saying, Remi glanced towards the shrine that had yielded no answers, sighing determinately. "I cannot be a pawn in this any longer."

Coding base by Sky!