eclipse
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
amun
Amun didn’t know much about what happened. But what he knew, without a shadow of a doubt, was that he wasn’t in the world he’d once known.

He'd just planned to step through the doorway of his makeshift hut to bask in the light of the moon once night had fallen. Instead he’d found himself...somewhere else. Somewhere darker, somewhere colder, somewhere less colorful and full of life than the jungle home he’d just begun to make for himself. Sure, this place had a moon and stars and even some beautiful roses with golden thorns on the grey and barren and snowy ground. But the moon didn’t call to him as it once did. The air did not smell as sweet. And, worst of all, he was changed.

Looking down at his hands, he could see they were plain. Normal. Human. Not the ones he normally wore at night, but the ones he sported during the day. His skin was not glowing a soft light that was a reflection of the greater one above. And as his normal, plain, stupid human hands came up to his head and felt around, he realized that his horns, his crowning glory, were gone as well. ”What. The. Fuck?” There was a bone deep anger within him, one even greater than the one he’d felt at being ripped from his celestial home the first time. Because this time, even the tenuous link to the moon he’d felt had been severed. And this time he had absolutely no idea where he was or how he’d ended up here.

Glancing around, he could see a tall tower behind him, partially ruined. Beyond that, he could see what looked like buildings, with some lights and smoke rising from them. Seemed as good a destination as any. Despite the fact that there was snow on the ground, he felt no discomfort, even though he was wearing nothing but a pair of shorts far more suited to the hot and steamy jungle he'd just left: barefoot and shirtless, he started making his way to where he might find people who could explain to him exactly what was going on. And the explanation better be a damned good one.

Amalia
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
AMALIA
THE SHIELD OF SAFRIN
I THINK IT'S BEAUTIFUL HOW A STAR'S LIGHT
travels the universe long after it dies
Amalia is, of course, on guard.

Even with the blighted healing, even with the sacrifice, she has taken to standing guard over the Spire and the roses blooming in its shadow on the nights she cannot sleep. Her fears have been somewhat assuaged, but there is no release or relief for long, and lately her nights have been short and unpleasant, with haunting dreams and frequent waking.

Slipping out of Deimos' bed on paws meant to explore the snow, she finds herself wandering into the darkness, white on white with feline grace. The air is cold but her hide protects her, the luxurious fur of the leopardess made for withstanding such frigid weather. As she prowls the perimeter the Shield is relieved to find only the expected: roses blooming in the silent snow, the soft calls of owls, the low moan of the fragile Spire, the man without a shirt-

-wait now.

The leopardess draws suddenly short as the man comes into view. This is not expected: an foreign figure, clad inappropriately for the weather and apparently wholly unperturbed. Ascended, then? Outlander? Both? The leopardess' ears fall back on her head, her expression uncertain as she stares through the snow. At least he doesn't seem interested in the roses. That much is a relief.

Making no attempt to hide her presence, the leopardess steps out of shadow, walking steadily toward the man. If he is from here, he will know her as Attuned. If not, well. New outlanders can be unpredictable, and she would rather face a potential threat in this skin.
that's what I want to be in this world —
SOMEONE WHOSE LIGHT LINGERS AFTER I'M GONE
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
amun
Of all the things Amun was expecting to see in the snowy and desolate landscape a leopard was probably close to the bottom of the list. He’d seen a few of the cats in the jungle, though never up close. Still, they were predators, and he was hardly in any position to fight one off, barely clothed and weaponless as he was. And unfortunately, it was headed right towards him.

Immediately, he held up his hands in what he hoped would be a placating gesture—not that he knew how the cat would react—and instinctively moved slowly backwards, not taking his eyes off the leopard for an instant. So far, he decided, this new world completely sucked. If he was capable of sleeping, he’d have prayed this was a dream, but sadly it was all too real.

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Amalia
Alright, so not a Natural.

Amalia is not one to leave people suffering, as much as it tickles some deep feral part of her to see the man afraid. As he raises his hand she stops her approach, huffing softly before letting her body shift back into human skin. She is clothed better than him, though not by much, long sleeves and long pants with a red scarf around her neck, her feet still bare and feline in the snow. Leopard fur still covers her hands, warmer than any gloves, and a little can be seen on her neck beneath the scarf, tufting over slightly rounded ears. Her black eyes, too, are a little feline, the better to see in the dusky light.

"Sorry," the baker murmurs into the darkness, taking a step toward the stranger, her hands now raised in turn. "I didn't mean to startle you" Glancing at his largely bare body, the girl raises a brow. "Are you cold?"
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Turned out the leopard was a shapechanger. Amun was mostly just relieved at this development, rather than surprised; there were people with similar abilities back home, and the sight of something relatively normal (and the fact that there wasn’t actually a predator on his tail) eased the tension he felt. He gave the once-leopard now-woman an easy smile. ”No need to apologize! Honestly, I was mostly just confused to see a leopard out in the snow. I thought I was the most out of place thing here.” Granted, she’d been differently colored than the leopards he’d seen, almost managing to blend into the snow and the dark with her light coat and shadowy spots, but a leopard was a leopard, and to him they were creatures of the heat and the jungle.

At her question, he looked down, only now realizing that he was almost naked, and yet, totally fine. Lowering his hands, he rubbed them against his bare chest, realizing that he couldn’t really feel any discomfort. Or much of anything at all, to be honest. ”Huh. Weird. No, I’m not cold.” Glancing at her, he took in her bundle of clothes. ”Should I be?” Now that he was no longer alone in this strange landscape and not feeling threatened, he’d settled into an easy, almost languid grace. ”I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that you know way more than I do about what’s going on here.” Limb, leopard, not his best effort, but under the circumstances the joke would have to do.

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
He lightens up immediately, and Amalia blinks at his sudden effluence, the ease with which he seems to be taking in her change. His surprise at his own lack of clothing is further confirmation of her initial suspicions; the baker bites her lip as he touches his chest, wondering how he will take learning he is in an entirely new world. Over the years she has learned enough to know that Ascended don't seem to exist in any worlds other than Caido and Northaven, though she supposes this man could be a late arrival. "Do you usually?" Maybe this will not surprise him. Maybe he turned before coming here.

Despite being from this place - or because of it, perhaps - Amalia has never been particularly good at explaining to Outlanders what has happened, or how they came to be. "You're in Caido. In the Hollowed Grounds." As though those words will mean anything to him. "You were brought here from your world by... by a force, kind of. The place you came from, it's... it's not here. And I don't think there's a way to go back."
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Leopard lady’s question confused Amun. ”Uh...yes. Am I not supposed to?” Granted, he was usually stronger at night, sustained as he was by the moon. But nothing quite like this. Indeed, it felt as if he was immune to feeling anything at all. That thought worried him, and his brow furrowed. Almost frantically, he knelt down to touch the snow, but even that wasn’t cold. Wasn’t anything at all, to his unfeeling hands, which he now stared at with distress and horror writ large upon his features.

Still, that was nothing compared to how he felt when the woman told him where he was, and, more importantly, that there was no way back. ”No...no way back? That’s can’t be right.” He gave her almost a pleading look. This land, these Hollowed Grounds, this world called Caido, had magic, her shift and his presence here was evidence of that. So surely there were mages or beings powerful enough to send him home.

After all, they’d been strong enough to bring him here to begin with.

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
"You're Ascended." She says it simply, without flourish. It seems kinder, somehow, to be honest at the fore, to let them have the information that will help them through this place rather than trying to ease them into something they cannot understand. "You won't feel anything physical anymore. Cold, pain... um." What else will it be important for him to know? She pulls on her sleeve thoughtfully. "If you go out in the sun, it will burn you. You don't need to eat anymore, except... you'll need fluid. Blood. From people, or from shrines."

He isn't taking this great, and despite his race she feels for him, empathy squeezing at her core. How horrible, to be displaced without any say in the matter. "I'm sorry," she murmurs, stepping forward and shaking her head. "People... they don't go back from here." Once someone came to Caido, that seemed to be the end of things. "I have a bakery, in the settlement. We can go there, if you like."
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
The woman said Ascended like it should have meant something to Amun. It didn’t. And her explanation didn’t exactly make a whole lot of sense. ”Fluid? Shrines? Flames?” His voice echoed the confusion in his mind and soul. It was easier to focus on those aspects than on what he’d lost: the ability to feel. To eat. To go out in the sun. To do anything fun, to feel the connection to the moon that he’d once held so dear. But she sounded certain, and given the strange circumstances of his arrival, he couldn’t do anything except take her at her word.

Still, at her offer to take him to her bakery, he gave her a smile, though it was more grateful than happy. He’d bounce back from this, eventually, but for tonight he’d allow himself to wallow and bask in the kindness of strangers. ”Thank you. I appreciate your help.” After all, he seriously doubted this was her fault; the shapechangers back home certainly didn’t have the power to transport people across worlds, or change them so fundamentally. He hesitated for a moment, before holding out his hand. ”I feel like you should know who I am before welcoming me into your bakery. So. Amun Arlun, at your service.” The corner of his mouth quirked up. ”I would say it was a pleasure to meet you, but under the circumstances I hope you’ll forgive me.”

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
He isn't taking it very well, and she shouldn't be surprised. The things she knows to be true, the things she has known from birth- they are far from what most worlds seem to adhere too, except perhaps for Northaven. Biting her lip nervously and tugging at her sleeve, Amalia watches the range of emotions that cross the Ascended's face with some concern. At least he doesn't seem angry with her.

So far.

"Amalia," the girl relies gently, extending her hand to grasp his. The joke lands, and the baker smiles wryly, shaking her head a little in sympathy. "I can't even imagine." Dropping his hand, she gestures toward town, beginning the walk to the Settlement and the bakery, her feet crunching in the newfallen snow. "Why don't... you can ask me any questions. And I'll answer as best I can. That might be easier, maybe?"
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Well, Amalia seemed trustworthy, and if it was indeed true that Amun couldn’t go back to his home (at least, not yet) then he might as well make the most of his time in Caido. Which meant he should probably get on the good side of the locals. Well, actually, he didn’t know if the leopard lady was a local or not, though given the mention of a bakery he figured it was pretty likely.

When he spoke, his voice held a deceptively easy tone to it. As a wayfarer, he’d gotten pretty good at going with the flow and making himself fit in wherever he wound up. That skill would definitely get put to the test. ”Sounds good to me. So. First question, kitty. I take it you’re a native?” She seemed pretty knowledgeable and again, the bakery thing, so he felt pretty good about his guess as he started walking beside her. Plus there was the whole ‘can’t even imagine’ comment, so he’d be shocked if she’d been ripped from her home. Still, he was curious how she knew so much about his arrival and the rules if she hadn’t experienced it herself. ”How do you know what happened to me?” Maybe he wasn’t the only outsider here. And maybe there were others from his world.

It was enough to buoy him forward.

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
And then, rather suddenly, he seems fairly at ease. Amalia blinks at the shift in attitude, caught off guard by his easy tone and relative calm. "Ah.. yeah," she replies somewhat distractedly, staring down at the snow with a quirk to her lips. "Naturals, people usually say. And Outlanders for people from... somewhere else."

The next question is easier to answer, and she has composed herself enough to shrug a light reply, glancing up at the Ascended with a tilt to her head. "There's a lot of Outlanders... and it seems to happen about the same way for all of them." They are somewhere one moment and here the next, with no explanation or choice in the matter. Another of the Voice's little 'gifts' which noone ever asked for.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
”Well, that seems easy enough to remember. Though it lacks a bit of flair, doesn’t it? Why not call us Travelers and Dwellers. Nah, I guess we’re all Dwellers. We can workshop it. Got any ideas?” Amun wasn’t really expecting a response; he was mostly just trying to make conversation to avoid thinking too hard about the implications of what Amalia was telling him. Plus, he was a charmer, and found that his chatter tended to put others at ease. ”So you get a lot of half-naked men stumbling into the cold and the snow looking for some warmth and comfort?” He winked at the baker to give her some idea what type of comfort he was thinking of. ”Sounds like I could get used to this place.” Seemed like he didn’t have a choice in the matter. Although from the pretty picture he had just painted, maybe he wouldn't mind Caido that much after all.

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
He seems to be full of nervous energy, speaking at length about the issues with the terminology for those who are and are not from this world. It reminds her a little of Zariah's forbiddance of the term Outlander, and the girl glances away from him to hide her flash of discontent.

His joke about half-naked men makes her think of Adam, and the girl laughs a little, turning back to smile wryly at him. "More often than you'd think," she replies almost slyly, flushing a little at his wink but taking it well in stride. The thief has certainly gone a long way toward lowering her more prudish defenses, though being openly flirted with remains somewhat bewildering to her. They are nearing the Settlement now, and she can see the buildings rising up, coiling smoke and warm lights glittering against the ivory snow. It's almost picturesque, in a way, a brief respite before the next storm. "This is the Settlement. Where most of the shops are. The bakery isn't far."