Training to fight the demons in the dark
Open!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
dont know where the lights are taking us
but something in the night is dangerous
Her head tilts to one side as he calls his newest shift a manticore. Sifting back through all the stories she’d heard as a child, all the fairytales and monsters and tales of valor - and she can’t recall anything about a manticore. “Hmmm, not sure what that is. Can you show me?” Because of course, she is curious about this new thing. And Remi’s powers - as well as his creations - have always fascinated her.

Brushing his self-deprecation away, Wessex scoffs. “Nonsense. I need to practice against magic more. This was just fine.” Now that they’ve stopped rolling around, she can imagine it might be getting cold for Remi. Might be time to head inside. She goes to gather up her sharp toys, all the while keeping an ear on the conversation. “Thank you, I was worried we’d have to just seal ourselves up and hope for the best… that doesn’t solve the distance problem, but at least we won’t be worried, wondering what’s going on at the other place.”

Everything is wiped down and placed back into their sheaths, or back into a bag. The Wraith is methodical, but quick, years of practice making this process of caring for her weapons something she could do in the dark. “What exactly did you come up with?”
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI

time makes you bolder
"So long as you promise not to be afraid." He chuckles dryly, knowing the queen to be anything but. Closing his eyes, Remi grew and grew and grew. Easily large enough to ride with a body the size of a car, not that the queen would be able to make that connection, as a manticore Remi was quite formiddable. Spreading out his meters-long wingspan and letting his tail curl up behind his back showing off his poisonous barbs from a safe distance, he grinned revealing rows and rows of shark-like teeth.

"Mmm, that is the hope. I created two-way parchment so that anything written on my side will immediately show up on yours. Probably not good for timely communications, but daily updates?" He shrugged. "The other are two magically-linked shells. When you speak into one, the sound comes through the other. I also have a set of stones that Sam and I carry. When you push a button it turns the light red on the other indicating trouble. I could make more of those, if we thought it necessary as well."
Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Wessex chuckles as well - at least until Remi shifts. And holy fuck, does he change. Her eyes grow wide - not in fear of the creature, because she knows it’s Remi - but because she wants to take everything in. The massive wings (more than half her size), the size of his body, a scorpion’s tail, and then the teeth. Eventually it turns into a smile, because she admires the creature for what it is - a weapon. And what kind of warrior doesn’t appreciate the beauty of a blade, even if it isn’t theirs? “I wish I could bottle that, she says, reaching out to touch the feathers, finding them larger than any bird’s.

“Mmmm, yes. Daily updates should be scheduled. Perhaps every twelve hours, if that’s not too much. And I’ll be able to tell Sam if something is going wrong on our end. But he won’t be able to talk to me from that distance…” Giving it a moment of thought, she shakes her head. “Are the shells small enough to carry? If so, they should be easy enough to hear if they’re kept in pockets or around necks.” I fnot, they can remain in a prominent place, where no one will miss it if it goes off. She’ll have to devise a shift schedule too, more or less. “But I don’t think the buttons will be useful here. It might potentially induce a panic if everyone saw it turn red.”
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI

time makes you bolder
"Not in an amulet, but.." He trails off with a shrug. The plan had been for the ascended to bite Loren for access to the Spark Bird. But, Loren could only summon creatures, not given the ascended the ability to be them.

Blinking his surprise, Remi can't help but grin boyishly. "Are...are you saying you can speak into Sam's mind?" He could only imagine how much the bookmaker likely hated it. "Oh, they are..." Holding out his hands, he indicated something roughly the size of an orange or so.

Nodding at her judgement of the stones, Remi found himself a touch relieved. He'd be happy to keep those just between he and Sam.
Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
“Don’t worry, it’s not a request. If I recall, you didn’t seem to like the last time I bit you.” Never mind that it was a battle sort of situation and she had to do it multiple times, which might you know, wear on a person. She tries not to treat Remi like a magical fondu pot, but it’s difficult when he has so much power and it’s all chocolatey good and useful.

“Yes. Into all Ascended’s minds, actually,” she says with a small smile. Like a true Queen and her minions (though don’t tell anyone she thought that, there’d probably be a small riot amongst her siblings). She can find them, wherever they are. They can’t talk back, but… it’s no longer just the Voice than can speak to everyone. So she is her own telephone, of sorts. Or perhaps a private radio broadcast. Nodding at the size of the shells, predetermines that they should probably be carried around, or in someone’s pocket. Just in case.

Suddenly, she snaps her fingers and squints at the alchemist, pointing to his face. “Your eyes. You can see again?”
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI

time makes you bolder
Giving the queen a pointed look, Remi laughed awkwardly. "The trouble is that I did. Right up until I didn't." His relationship with Sam had been predicated on a bite. He'd fooled around with Isla after a bite. He'd nearly kissed Rexanna after she'd bit him. His experiences with the ascended were complicated, to say the least. "But if it will help, you know I will." He manages after a moment.

As she confirms, Remi blinks in surprise before his lips curl into a grin. He doesn't under the ramifications of it of course, but in the moment it doesn't seem so different from what he can do as an attuned. What they can all do, minus the distance-part.

Flinching ever so slightly as she points at him—he hasn't forgotten her claws—he relaxes with a boyish smile. "I could always see..sort of. But yes. My regular vision has returned. Loren healed me. He was not able to before, so whether he is stronger, or it is because of Arduinna's death, or both, I have no idea." Many haven't noticed, and it's to the queen's credit that she does.
Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Ha! The corners of her mouth sneak into a half-smirk. Yeah, she can imagine. Which makes the offer of help appreciated. It seems like they’ve come to an easy kind of functional relationship, an understanding about the kind of person the other is (to some extent). “Thank you,” Wessex says to his offer, and nothing more as she finishes gathering up the unused sparring tools. “I’m glad. The world is probably a lot easier to navigate with full vision - and it’s only getting more dangerous and more complicated,” she muses aloud, shouldering the bag.

Nothing really needs to be said about the items he’s made, her/their half will end up in the Temple one way or another. So she flashes the man a slight smile as she begins to douse the torches. “Have a good rest of your night, Remi.”

{Fiiiiin?}