small stars in seas of vastness
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
Heave the silver hollow sliver
They all seemed to maneuver in cycles: rage to despondency, misery to acceptance, tolerance to some distant bloom of contentment, before it sunk again, mired and moored, anchored and contorted in a harpooning struggle for control. Between blighted convictions and infernal, ominous, foreboding tides of Long Night’s approach, there was almost no time to be weary, no time to be guilt-driven, no time for sorrows. But it still scratched over surfaces, left chips in the enamel, clawed into gloss, finish, and lacquer, until a polished veneer was simply a disguised visage, and they were all blooded together, breaking and bent but struggling onward, dragging the rest of the world alongside and behind them.

At least Deimos and Kiada could deliver less-bitter proclamations to Amalia; their intentions for this morning’s jaunt across the residences and village. The pestilence had seemingly ceased its vicious, vile spread, no longer so concocted, so coiled, so wrapped amongst the Harpy’s existence – perhaps the roses had worked, perhaps everything else would fall into place, perhaps they’d somehow make it into the stretch of eternal evenings in one piece before something else presided and gnarled, clawed its talons into their sides. Ambitions stoked, aspirations unfurled, his steps were a tad bit lighter, no longer burdened by the overbearing notions of Kiada’s sickness (still there; but receding), long strides taking them towards the bakery. He didn’t bother knocking when they’d arrived, opening and holding the door for the youth until they were lodged safely inside, the enticing smell of something exuding from the oven.

“Amalia,” the beast called, deep voice resounding and booming as he took his bag off his shoulder, searching for her staff deep in its hold, intending to return it once his examinations (a dismal failure; forthright in the knowledge that it couldn’t be replicated) had been completed. “We bring good news.” The Sword arched his brow and wrinkled his nose at the Harpy, the smallest of smiles broadening, intending for her to tell the precious piece of information.
Unite and spread the heart apart
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
i wanted to be ruined —
a little more than i wanted
— to be loved
Oh, good news they certainly bring. She trails after Deimos with Auni in tow, far more like herself than she has with every passing day. She can breathe easier, think easier, and she’s so thankful for the tiniest things – the way the snow drifts from the clouds above them, the way her eyes have cleared despite the rings of black that still sit beneath them. Her mood swings are more manageable, more controllable, and when it comes to the thought of Ru’in, she has hope.

So she’s easily convinced to follow Deimos to Amalia’s, drifting in through the door after the man, and remaining silent until Deimos’ voice booms through the home, searching for the baker, leopardess, Shield, family. And her icy gaze meets Deimos’ roguish, playful one, as he seems to gesture with his raised brow for her time to speak. But Auni breaks through it first, hooves clacking excitedly along the wood of the home, despite him remaining in the same place. A small, tiny happy dance. “The roses are working.” She ultimately says out into the home, her voice clear and no longer full of the sorrow and rage that had once taken her. “And I baked something for Deimos that he said was delicious so, I think I deserve an award or something.” There’s a joke that rings out, as if her first statement wasn’t enough to prove to the Shield that she was better – this tiny jab, tiny jest is enough to convince almost everyone of her better news.
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
i sailed seas of emotions to wander a forest of scars
i am a dance of light and darkness
Amalia is upstairs when the pair arrive, lying face up on her bed. The room is barer than in the past: slowly she has begun moving things to Deimos' house, her scant belongings easy to transport, a reminder of how little she really has. Now the bedroom is little more than a blanketed bed and a ceiling of stars, with remnants of a long ago childhood scattered haphazardly around. Better times, happier times.

It feels strange, to be leaving them behind.

She hears them coming, hears the door open and the footsteps far below, and for a moment she considers ignoring their presence and letting them believe she is somewhere else. To be left alone to brood and fester, to wrap herself in her own nostalgia- essentially, to hide. Perhaps if she goes to sleep now she will wake up all those years ago, the last ten years nothing more than a nightmare, a series of ever more bewildering dreams. Closing her eyes, Amalia exhales.

Then she rises to her feet.

The Amalia who walks to them down the stairs is a tired one, eyes dark and lines drawn where once her face was smooth. Still, the smile on her lips is genuine, affection and relief brightening her expression as she slips around the counter to scoop Kiada into a hug, glancing at Deimos over the girl's shoulder. "That is good news," the baker agrees, stepping back only far enough to check the Harpy for any wounds, lingering signs of blight and illness, anything, anything, anything at all. "Are you sure it wasn't poisoned?" Behind them Jyoti trills a song of happiness, joining Auni's little dance with her own sprinkling spray of stars.

Everything else the Shield feels drowns quickly beneath her swell of happiness, the relief that floods her, the adoration for this pair. The girl who cuddled with her grandmother in the attic is laid to rest among dusty toys. Amalia may yearn for her past, but for now she has a future to tend to: new family, new loved ones, a new place in the world.
a galaxy of shadow and stars
AMALIA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
He knew about hiding. He knew about brooding. He knew about spiraling in and out of so many maelstroms, conflictions, tirades, and melancholies; couldn’t allowed himself to fester, decay, and erode into anyone of them for another lifetime. But this world simply wouldn’t permit it, kept plucking, kept inveigling, kept enticing and tempting him to step forward, out into the light instead of his favored, preferred shadows, instead of his haunting, brewing configurations. They kept implying there was more to the earth than pestilence and darkness, than unholy tastes and irreverent possibilities, and while he still clung to those thresholds, he meandered along the others too, dividing time into raptures, into reveries, into pieces and fragments of peace and repose. This could be one of those times. This could be one of those moments; because they’d found a way for their efforts to work, and he’d be damned again if he missed the opportunity to savor it for all that it was worth.

The beast laughed at Auni’s happy dance, still rooting through his bag, as Kiada spoke of their current mission and news, his eyes flickering back over the Harpy and her revitalized essence – not completely healed, but getting there, and that was enough to warrant their satisfaction for the moment. She wasn’t seething. She wasn’t destroying. She wasn’t condemned. He rolled his eyes at her requirement of an award for his responses, then heard the telltale footsteps of the baker, gaze following the noises, the sounds, the quiet, soft echoes across floorboards. The beast was distracted from responding to the Harpy, studying, examining, deciphering a notion of exhaustion and fatigue along her features, stare darker than before; had something else happened? An inquiry slipped behind his teeth, are you all right meandering its way down his throat, hovering, harpooning, right on the edges of his tongue. But he didn’t want to spoil the moment, didn’t want to lance a shard into the distinct notes of ebullience and exuberance, intending for them to last – how many times had they simply fizzled, sizzled, and died because of his choices?

She’d likely the scrutiny in his stare though, that sooner than later he was going to inquire, so instead he rose back to his full height, her staff in his hands, reaching forward to return it, fingers brushing over hers. “I am still alive. So they were not so bad.” His snicker lingered back towards Kiada, pulsing the arts of mischief back into the fold, striving to preserve.
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
i wanted to be ruined —
— to be loved
Gods she looks so tired, and Kiada’s heart pangs with a small amount of guilt. What is she tired of? Everything? Her? The blight? The world they find themselves now in, with sickness and roses, opposites of what there should be? Her smile falters slightly before Amalia moves in closer to scoop her in for a hug, and Kiada reaches back to hug the woman tighter to her – as if the tighter the hug, the more worries would be shed from the Shield.

She lets Amalia take a good look at her, through the wounds, and only a few remain unhealed. Zuriel having done the best that she could, while the blight still remains. At least, however, the veins in her eyes are fairly less black and she has as much clarity as she’s had in weeks, and she tries to relay that in the smile and bubbly laugh that leaves her throat at Amalia’s question. “I told him they were poisoned after he ate it.” She shrugs, giving Amalia a playful smirk, before Deimos’ voice pipes up and he mentions he’s still alive.

She turns to the Reaper then, another devilish young smile on her face. “But you have a unicorn so who knows, could be lying or something.” She knows he isn’t, but she can’t help the playfulness she feels. All those weeks being hidden away as nothing more than a monster and unable to control her emotions, they were exhausting, and this helps to keep her mind from it.

Auni is far too excited to see Jyoti, and the Luxere finds himself aligning himself with the starwhale for his happy dance and the splattering sprinkle of stars – a small hum of approval leaving the Luxere’s throat. And Kiada, meanwhile, catches Deimos’ mischievous look and she gives him one right back before settling on Amalia. “I was going to bring you something I baked too, but… I thought maybe you got tired of pastries and bread all the time so.” She says with a light sigh, a small huff of a laugh, before she moves forward again to embrace Amalia. “But I missed you so much and I’m so sorry for the shit I did at the Spire and after… I’m sorry.
KIADA
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Deimos' inquiring look is not lost upon the Shield, but she responds with an almost imperceptible shake of her head, trying to dissuade him from asking just now, while she is working so hard to keep herself together for the Harpy's sake. How long has it been since she heard Kiada properly laugh, seen clarity in the clouded eyes? That more than anything is a weight off her chest; Amalia smiles her own response, warm and sincere, her hand tracing gently over the girl's cheek.

The mountain's laughter is further balm, and Amalia watches fondly as they apartment back and forth, trying valiantly to ignore the anxiety which squeezes at her chest. Why can't she simply be happy? She chuckles slightly as Jyoti attempts to draw Auni out to a game of tag in the garden, hoping to wrangle the austere unicorn into it, too, before turning her dark stare back to Kiada. "I'm more concerned you'll start out-baking me, soon," she teases gently, though there is a proud sincerity in the words. "Put me out of a job and all that."

Then the girl's arms are around her, and Amalia blinks in surprise before softening, capturing the brunette in a fierce embrace. "You did nothing wrong," she breathes into her hair, blinking back the tears that burn in her eyes. "I missed you, too. I'm sorry it took so long to get you well."

Inhaling deeply, the baker pulls back, one arm reaching around Kiads's shoulders as she struggles to school her face and hide the weariness within. Did Deimos tell you his news? the Shield asks silently, onyx gaze glittering with pride and affection as she looks over at her lover, raising an eyebrow as her adoration pulses through the Attuned bond.
AMALIA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
The Sword didn’t need any other Attuned figments to understand and comprehend inquiring about her was not a path she was currently willing to take. The perception caused his eyes to briefly narrow, a bit of poignancy segmenting on later; wondering what else had occurred, what else was going on, while the world revolved and turned, their lives splintered, fissured, and maneuvering on a constant flux of tribulations, halcyon days, and then more trials. He didn’t intend to be the one to decay and wither the scene again, choosing to stifle the inquisition for now, but with an arch of his brow indicating he wouldn’t forget the aspects of her exhaustion, fatigue, and languor. The beast willed it to the back of his mind, even if it yearned to rapacious settle at the forefront.

He half-listened to Kiada’s banter, stare catching on the antics of their companions outside the window, studying as Zuriel seemed intent on tagging, but with her horn…hoping it was a safe boundary for the others, or they were fast enough to leap away from any potential maimings. The monolith’s gaze was drawn back to the women, watching as they embraced, as the softening of clarity and statures melded away, finding he has naught to add that hadn’t been said already. No one had been at fault, no matter how many times he’d apologized to Rexanna for his incapability at keeping Kiada safe from harm, no matter how many times regrets and rues and poisons had stuck readily into their sides, into their lungs, into their souls. At the very least, they might’ve been able of moving on from these variables and parameters to the next – whatever LongNight managed to conjure and had in mind. While Amalia and Kiada were busy, he took the opportunity to slip one more thing from his bag, and into his pockets; quick, stealthy, down into his deceptive roots.

Thereafter, the silent pulse beat a reverberation in his mind, and his gaze snapped back up to the Shield, a tiny nuance of a smile coaxed across his mouth again. “I did,” not able to segment and rivet his responses via the bond, not out of his eagle form. Not powerful enough, not strong enough, not experienced enough – but instead of beating it down into his throat, into his heart, like a obstinate, frustrated cretin, he breathed – pondered over what Safrin had said. Strength from within. Maybe it would simply come with time, more hours and days and moments spend in plumage and upon wings.
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
i wanted to be ruined —
— to be loved
I’m more concerned you’ll start out-baking me, soon.” She can hear the leopardess say, and Kiada gives the woman a bright smile, a hum of a laugh before she shakes her head. “Me? Never.” She jests, giving a wink before she ends up embracing the woman, pulling her close and tight, as if she can hold the Shield for so long that the worries and fears of the past month… Months? Can disappear.

The soothing of what Amalia tells her, Kiada feels like a balm around her heart. But it’s not going to be fixed until she can right the wrongs she’s done. But there’s one thing that can help, with the added benefit of Deimos helping her out with it. A surprise, of sorts. And she focuses on the baker as she withdraws from the Harpy, a bright smile crossing her face as she nods her head in agreement, answering the same as Deimos has. Because she hasn’t adopted that ability just yet.

Soon, she hopes.

And she relieves herself from Amalia’s embrace, to move over to Deimos, to tug on his arm and pull him close to the baker and her. “But. For the time being, we have something for you.” She announces gently, giving a look toward Deimos with a bright grin.
KIADA
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Apologies and forgiveness: Amalia breathes a little easier as the air settles in the space, her chest still heavy but perhaps a little less so than it was before. They do not reply to her question in silence, but the baker grins at Deimos' assent, warmth pulsing overtly through her bond with the pair. Another thing you'll outpace me in, soon, she says with a playful affect of indignation, sticking out her tongue a little, unable to withhold her smile.

It is a smile that disappears immediately as Kiada announces that they have something for her, replaced by something far more genuine and complicated and confused. Blinking rapidly, the girl glances between the pair, her expression a mixture between bemusement and disbelief as she tries to process what they said. "For me?" Amalia wonders aloud, clearly not quite sure what is happening. "Why?"

It shouldn't be so bewildering to her, to have something offered so openly, yet it is, and she isn't sure she's currently equipped to handle the emotions that will come with it. Her lip half curls back into a smile; an eyebrow raised, she crosses her arms, taking shelter from her warring feelings with humor. Arms crossed over her chest, the Shield tries to diffuse her already rising gratitude. "Don't tell me it's more poisoned bread. I don't think my stomach is as strong as Deimos'."
AMALIA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
The relief was a palpable tangent, tangible connotations they hadn’t seen or felt for some time; his eyes riveting, back and forth, on banter and connections forged, grateful for smiles instead of sadness, instead of despondency, instead of the choking, ruthless clouds shirking on their horizons. Maybe one day the brightness would return to them: to the sun and the fire and the flames, and he could be eclipsed by it all over again.

Except their desired effect of contentment, of glee, of excitement to prosper over Amalia’s form seemed to have missed the mark, and it befuddled, confused him, caused his head to tilt, his expression narrowed with bewilderment. Hadn’t they prospered her with gifts before? Was it ill-timing, ill-spoken because of the unknown grating and grasping? He couldn’t ascertain the reasoning, which was vexing on its own, grating over his mind, swarming it with Machiavellian calculations, attempting to figure out where they’d gone wrong again. Perhaps he simply couldn’t ascertain the fine lines, the details, the sketches, the notes, before he walked all over them, scattering their traces in his wake. Perhaps he was a fool. Perhaps he didn’t know anything at all; lost pieces and portions of these sentiments and ruminations pulsing somewhere between cloaking himself in shadow and isolating his soul from everyone and everything, overlooking the particulars, the obvious inclinations. So the monolith asked, gaze falling to Amalia, stalwart tendencies outweighing the befuddlement and perplexities. “Why not?” How many times had they told her she deserved it (and be there to do it again and again?)

The emotions warred on her features, striving to be light and easygoing again; he studied, he examined, he scrutinized on his advance. It wasn’t a rapacious stride, it wasn’t an unholy pace, merely crossing the floor to the baker, giving her time to evade or escape if she truly didn’t want their bestowals. At some point, his eyes rounded upon Kiada, indicating her requirement in presenting the gift too, unearthing the precious artifact from his pockets, palms extended for the Shield to survey. It fit neatly in his hands, scattered stars and moons etched in silver, draped on a loose, argent chain; and in the middle, a vial. Not one for jewelry, the Harpy would likely have to explain. In silence, the offer remained for him to put it on her, to dangle it along her nape; but the underlying acceptance would have to be there first.

In anticipation, and maybe some trepidation now, based on Amalia’s earlier insinuations, two rounded, curved ears, flanked in ivory, clearly feline, sprung along the top of his head. They settled there, seemingly innocent and innocuous, turning slightly, in between wild, savage locks and hair.
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
i wanted to be ruined —
— to be loved
Some of Amalia’s playfulness returns, and Kiada breathes a small amount of relief at such a feat. Her icy gaze softens as she hums a light, chimed laugh toward the baker with a look that seems to say ‘absolutely not’ before the idea of the gift Deimos and her had poured over – how to make it perfect, how to compromise between Deimos’ need for protection, and the more important side of things; something fashionable and beautiful, something entirely Amalia.

But the Harpy isn’t prepared for the why, and is thankful for Deimos’ response, before humming another gentle laugh at the poisoned bread. Her head shakes, but she follows to stand beside Deimos as he offers it to her, letting her view it while the Harpy explains. “We went with stars for the majority of it, for Safrin and how close you are to her.” She begins, a pale finger reaching out to brush by the stars in varying shapes and sizes, before moving down the necklace chain toward the navy blue vial. “This is empty, so you can put something in it or Deimos can.” She explains before moving back along the sparkling jewels and gems, the reflection of the craftsmanship and love that went into making it. But there’s a few other charms on it too, that don’t quite fit the starry theme. There’s a tiny whale for Jyoti, a tiny unicorn for Zuriel, as well as a small little Luxere for Auni. And on the other side, a small shield to represent Amalia, a small sword to represent Deimos, and a small little vulture to represent her. So that everywhere she goes, Amalia will know who’s always there with her.

Her eyes lift toward Amalia with a bright smile, perhaps the brightest the baker has ever seen. “We wanted you to know how much you mean to us. That and, Deimos can make you all the weapons and armor you want, but sometimes a girl just needs something fancy.” She adds with a wink sent the Shield’s way. “It’s a charm necklace, what it’s really called. So we can add more charms later as things happen you might want to remember or have near.” She offers easily.
KIADA
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Why not, he replies, as though it were that simple, as though she were more than a failure, more than the nothing that sums up her parts. A shy, small smile lights her face as she watches with growing curiosity as Deimos reaches into his pockets, wondering what they are going to produce.

Whatever she expects, it is not what she sees. "Oh," Amalia murmurs breathlessly, eyes bright in wonder and disbelief as she takes in the delicate creation, reaching out with careful fingers to ghost across the charms. "It's beautiful." Stars for Safrin - another pang of bittersweet pain - and a moon as well, but these are not the dearest forms. No, it is the minute unicorn, the delicate whale, and of course the vulture, sword, and shield, that bring tears rising to the baker's eyes, leave her speechless and overwhelmed.

The face that turns to Kiada is positively glowing with surprise and happiness and adoration; there are no words to explain how much the gift means, and so she stands there, stupefied, her angular cheeks awash in pink and stained with silent tears. "Thank you," she manages to choke out at last, reaching out to wrap Kiada in another fierce hug before turning back to the Sword and the necklace and beaming up at him. "I don't deserve this. You-"

A pause, a flash of bemusement, and then Amalia starts to laugh, a riotous outcry of delight and amusement that rings through the small space like a warm summer breeze. At last the Shield catches her breath, and it is like a cloud has passed away, like sunlight after a breaking storm. "There's something on your head," she manages with another soft laugh, reaching up to gently caress the tiger ears that peek out from his wild mane. "I think they suit you-" and she lets her own grow soft and round, similarly situated atop the girl's head.
AMALIA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Kiada’s explanation personified the gift; he wouldn’t have done the baubles, charms, or etchings of silver any justice in his discourse. So the Sword waited, completely ignorant of the bizarre ear swiveling along his head, watching for some penultimate decision, eyes ghosting over the fragments the Harpy touched, symbolic gestures they’d both surmised in crafty creation and careful thought. He did manage to feign an eye roll at the notion that girls needed something fancy; he could make beautiful blades and armor all day long – at least they had their uses - but the necklace was a piece from them, by them, to Amalia with all the sentiments and characteristics of their combined, emboldened efforts.

They didn’t have long to linger or loiter in the unknown – while the chain and pendant remained settled in his hands, the Shield appeared to process the extended bestowals, breathless and bright while she glided over the wares. He released the slightest sigh of relief, eyes peeking over at Kiada for a moment or two, something akin to Machiavellian pride, a well done execution towards their exploits. In the end though, he didn’t know what to say, so the spun silence cloaked and choked over him, remaining there in the ether.

Then her tears sprang, and he had a mild, panicked moment, gaze widening with vast uncertainty, a yes, you do daring to rumble in his chest, before she began to laugh. Utterly mystified, the confusion apparent on his face with a furrowed brow and an obvious tilt to his head, unaware, unaware, unaware, too foreign and new along the concepts of partial shifts or upcoming ones already tied into his veins. Something on his head?, and then she reached while his hands were full of charms and delicacies, and his senses heightened, her grasp on soft fur, leaning into the touch on instinct. The clarity only hit him after she unfurled hers again – as he’d so often seen, snow leopard ears and tufts of fur spinning in her hair. “What-“ was all he really managed to say, confused and addled and somewhat bemused.
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
i wanted to be ruined —
— to be loved
As Kiada’s gaze lands on Amalia’s face, there’s nothing but love and adoration beaming from the Harpy’s. And the glowing look that Amalia has just bolsters the already happy feeling she has, for such a gift, hugging the baker tightly to herself before releasing her and letting the baker look toward Deimos. And Kiada does the same, capturing the pride, the job well done. And when Kiada notices the tuft of fur atop Deimos’ head, she hears Amalia bring it up before her own spotted ones take form.

Well, not to be outdone, Kiada snorts lightly toward him, ears of her own forming, dark and black with long tufts of dark hair from the top points as she tilts her head toward Deimos with a wink. “Looks good on you.” She replies easily, giving Deimos a light wink before she grins. What a family, what a life they have. And she savors every gentle, beautiful moment like this – however few and far between.
KIADA