artificial sunlight in my skin
Open!
Clemente Belcourt
Apprentice

Age: 23 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
plot twist twistin' my heart 'til it's hollow
band-aids for all my scraped knees
It doesn't take Clem long to go vaulting off Rexanna's porch, running into the surrounding area and laughing at the ease with which he can go sprinting off into the twilight. Here there is no smog, no mold, no pervasive wetness that creeps into his lungs. No pneumonia-riddled organs or weakened immune system to cause his breaths to wheeze or his limbs to shake. Here, he is whole. Still small, still frozen in time, but he is unbent. Unbroken. Remade into the boy he could have been if he had been born into a better family. In a better town.

But there's no point in lingering on those thoughts. They had haunted him long enough, especially when his mother was still alive and he had to live with her still-breathing corpselike soul haunting their decrepit studio. No, instead Clemente just celebrates the fact that he can run. And keep running, for what seems like forever, like even the wind won't catch him here. Laughing joyously into the night air, hair tousled and eyes burning bright with a fire that had previously been only an ember.

When he finally slows, Rexanna's directions a loos guiding hand on his journey, his grin is still nearly splitting his face in half. Jumping down into the gaping hole where the crumbled street had revealed an entryway, Clemente lands with bent knees and an eager, bright expression. Walking into the tunnels, he turns in slow, haphazard circles. "This is so fuckin' cool," he breathes, hands reaching to touch the sides of the tunnels. Where does he even go? There's so much to explore, and though he doesn't want to get lost, Clem can't resist the sense of adventure that seems to be lurking within.
blankets when i had bad dreams
felt like nothin' could hurt me
CLEMENTE