the new and unfamiliar (open)
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
our hands they seek the end of afternoons
The alchemist can't help but raise his eyebrows with an expression of surprise at the mention of Frey. Once hearing the diety's name would have sent feathers fluttering through Remi's curls out of nervousness. Now with enough distance between himself and the various curses laid on him by the god, Remi merely shook his head with a smirk. "The fact that you are sitting here means you got out of that encounter far better than I ever did." As for what to do with them? The alchemist swallowed and looked into his cup. "Depends. Some are very devout and pray to them often. Some, like me I suppose, try to avoid them." Though in fact Remi had done a spectacularly poor job of that.

Humming thoughtfully, Remi nods. "My world did not have gods either. We did have magic and shapeshifters like me, though." With a smirk, he gives Sunjata a pointed and mischievous stare. "You might have asked Frey. I hear they are more than happy to make you into attuneds."

Listening about Lusea, Remi tugged in a breath and held it. Having recently found Loren back in his life, Sunjata would find the alchemist a great deal more sympathetic to his plight than he might have otherwise thought. Remi was most definitely with Ronin, but even he'd crossed a line recently with the returned summoner. He could imagine how easily muddled lines became when nothing had been set-out before hand.

"Ahh...whatever you like, I suppose." Remi said with a soft smile in Oliver's direction. With his life upside down he was hardly in a position to be handing out advice. "LongNight is coming. It is a week of pure darkness where the Hollowed Grounds become...quite dangerous. It is best to stay inside, if you can. I believe the queen is trying to decide on a place everyone should stay."
my hands believe and move over you

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
i have seen what the darkness does
say goodbye to who i was
He supposes Remi is right in that he made it out relatively unharmed. He gives the alchemist a light shrug in response. “I went for Phoebe so, maybe it ended up better for that.” His smile fades lightly as he focuses on Oliver to avoid Remi’s gaze for the moment, eyes lingering in the man for a moment before Remi’s next comment takes him a bit by surprise. “Good to know.” He announces, uncertain if it’s possible, but wishing to be something more than plain and boring.

Luckily for Sunjata, Remi makes no comment about his story about Lusea, and Sunjata focuses on Oliver again, taking a sip of the tea while it remains cooling slowly. “You can get to know people, visit the notice board in the temple and read up on people’s plans.” He adds to Remi’s own thoughts before he shrugs lightly. “Other than that, make your own path.” Gods knew he was trying to make his own, still, too.
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
With a nod, Oliver took a drink of his tea, trying to reflect back on his past life. His head ached and he couldn't remember anything about how he felt about religion or gods. Did he have gods? Or did he devote himself to them? He wasn't exactly sure, but he had a good idea that things would be changing here. Knowing that the two people before him had actually interacted with the gods in some way made Oliver think that praying seemed the best option, especially when he was just beginning. Maybe they'd be able to help him out?

The two continued their exchanges and Oliver couldn't help but feel awkward once more. He couldn't really understand half of the words they were saying and he felt weird, like a third wheel almost. Awkwardly, he looked into his mug of tea to try to avoid looking bored or disinterested. Really, he felt more awkward than anything else.

Once the topic had shifted back to something he felt more comfortable with, Oliver forced a small smile to appear on his face. "Yeah...I think meeting people would be great." It might be good to discover the lay of the land, form bonds with more people. Oliver believed in the idea of meeting as many people as he could early on, that way he'd have people he could trust. Friendships.

"Do you have a map? So I can get my barrings?" Oliver had a feeling it may be better to go to the notice board, rather than to force himself on Remi or Sunjata. They had already been kind enough to rescue him, it felt weird just making them ALSO give him a place to stay.

Oh, and one more thing. "What do I do about clothes and food? Since I don't really have anything on me to sell or trade. Should I find a job on the notice board and work from there?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Funny that she did not mention that." The alchemist said, his lips twitching into a half smile.

"Oh, that is a good idea." Remi hummed in agreement at Sunjata's mention of the Notice Board. He'd nearly forgotten about it; strange, given it was he and Isla who had put it up all those long months ago. Running a hand through his curls, Remi let it drop back to his side. "A map? I haven't, but I can draw you one easily enough." No artist was he, but Remi was fairly accurate when it came to representing things. So saying, a piece of parchment and charcoal appeared in his hands. Moving towards the table, Remi sat next to Oliver and began to quickly sketch out a map of the area, noting important places such as the temple, infirmary, etc. "The domiciles are here. You can ... just take one that you find if no one is living there. There are plenty."

Glancing at Oliver and his slight build, and then to himself and Sunjata, the alchemist bit the inside of his lip. "I can make you whatever you might need for clothing. And I am sure the Rathskeller would be happy to give you food in exchange for some chores."

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
say goodbye to who i was
Remi’s comment does take him a small amount by surprise, and he smiles lightly at that. Of course she didn’t. What else has she left out? He shoots a glance toward Remi with a small half smile. “I’m not surprised. I’m sure there’s other things she’s left out.” He manages, a wry smile before he shakes his head and listens to Oliver and Remi speak, a hand raising the tea to his lips again.

Though part of him preens at Remi’s agreement. The Notice Board had been important to him upon his arrival, if only to keep up with recent news. But he says nothing on it, instead focusing on Remi and the map as he sits beside Oliver — his slate gaze lingering a bit more on him before trailing to the map. And he leans forward with that before Remi mentions the clothing situation. “I kind of scrounged around for mine.” He notes with a small huff of laughter, gesturing to the navy blue nearly sleeveless shirt he wears. “My style is a bit more black and leather though, if you get what I mean.” A jest of humor, amusement in his eye as he winks to the two men before commenting on the Rathskeller.

Ezra is there, I’m sure he’d be willing to help.” He says easily. “You can’t miss him, he’s probably the most gorgeous man I’ve ever seen. How terribly unfair.” And he snorts. He does find it somewhat unfair, compared to the strong jawline he sports himself, the muscular athletic build. But ah, regardless. He’d rather look a weapon than be pretty any day.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
As the map was drawn out, Oliver paid deep attention to each intricate detail. Maybe he was trying to distract himself from the fact that this was it. He was about to leave the comforts of the guild and venture off on his own. He was very grateful, though, that Remi took the time to draw this out. It would be appreciated for days to come and someday, Oliver hoped he could repay Remi and Sunjata for their generosity.

The Domiciles...that's where he'd possibly be living. It was an interesting word, but he didn't dare try to repeat it. He already knew he'd mispronounce it immediately. With one final swig of his tea, he had finished it off. That only left one more excuse for why he couldn't leave the warmth of the fire.

Luckily, or maybe not so luckily, Remi agreed to his wishes of clothes. "Just a coat and a second set of clothes should work, thank you." In actuality, he really wanted far more than that. What he was wearing, while he loved how he looked in it, was not suitable for this sort of weather. However, he had most likely overstayed his welcome. It felt rude to continue to demand of more things from the other man.

Turning to look at Sunjata, a light blush appeared on Oliver's face as the man spoke of someone named Ezra. Biting on his lip, he responded with a bit of a struggle. "I'll...I'll have to go look for him." Parts of his mind tried to imagine what this Ezra fellow could look like. So far, all he knew from Sunjata's comments was that he's very gorgeous.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Rather than betraying his friend by agreeing with Sunjata, Remi merely lets his lips turn crooked as he raises a brow and shrugs innocently. Continuing to sketch out the Hollowed Grounds, the alchemist's strong hands make quick work of the detail he wants to add. Labels and distances are also added, and soon, a fairly functional map appears.

Snorting at the larger man's description of his personal style, Remi can't help but roll his eyes. It sounds exactly like something Ronin would probably say. In fact, he's almost sure Ronin has said it at one point. "How very sad for you." The alchemist says with mock empathy. Oliver however, received only a smile and nod. "Ronin says I have terrible taste in clothes, so I apologize ahead of time." Remi says with a gentle shrug. Glancing towards Oliver and letting his eyes fade down the man's smaller frame, Remi bites the inside of his lip as he makes mental calculations. On the table appears a long caramel-coloured wool coat, a few hardy grey and blue sweaters, and trousers not unlike the ones he's currently wearing. "I am sure almost anyone can offer you something more stylish, but this ought to work for now."

Snorting and leaning back in his chair, Remi crossed his arms fixing Sunjata with a playful look. "We are right here you know. And what of Ronin? He is the king you know, I am sure he could lock you away for not thinking he's the most attractive." Remi chastised with a roguish grin.

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
say goodbye to who i was
Of course it makes sense, this is Sunjata after all. Roguish charm, height, and all muscle. With the history, to add into it as well – the boy is, was, always has been rebellion. The version of him here has been toned down, but well, you could take the boy out of the resistance but you can’t take the resistance out of the boy. And with Remi’s comment, Sunjata shoots a grin toward the Alchemist, toothy and bright in comparison to the smirks previously. “It is sad.” He comments with a rumble, playfully sad before he shakes his head.

But he makes no comment on Ronin’s comment about Remi’s attire, and instead focuses on the table as Remi makes the clothes – making it look easy, as if he’s breathing. Sunjata isn’t naïve enough to think he could ask for a nice dark leather jacket, so he keeps his lips shut tight enough until he makes the comment about Ezra. And his steel eyes shift toward Remi with another small grin in comparison. “Well, if we’re being honest here, I haven’t seen Ronin. I don’t think I have anyway.” He comments, thoughtfully, shooting a glance toward Oliver to include him. “But Ezra, you can’t miss.” He notes with a smile.

But he can’t really make the sly comments he wants to, given the history of Phoebe between Remi and Sunjata, so he focuses on Oliver with a light shrug of tattooed shoulders. “Mm, well, I’ve never had any experience with men in that regard. It wasn’t a thing in Korofi, where I’m from.” He contemplates for a moment, shifting his gaze with an innocent look. It wasn’t like he wanted to try it, after all – he was taken… Sort of?

He didn’t even know himself, but he gives Remi a light smirk before picking back up his tea. “I always had a charm with the ladies, though. Probably the tattoos.” He announces, with a slight raised brow before he sipped from the tea again. In his mind, it had to have been the tattoos – he didn’t know what other qualities he had here that made him attractive, after all.
SUNJATA
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
As much as Oliver wanted to stay for longer, enjoying the warmth and company, he knew his time was up. The two had done what they were supposed to do. They warmed him up and now that he would soon be granted clothes, he had no excuse to stay for much longer. Someday he'd be able to return and see them again, he was sure of it.

With a small smile, he shook his head. "Hey, any clothes work fine with me. Just something to keep me warm." Really, he was grateful for anything. Sure, Oliver took pride in what he wore, but that could come later. What was most important was getting established. Pretty clothes that made him feel attractive were the very least of his worries right now. And surprisingly, the clothes really weren't that bad looking. The sweaters were absolutely something Oliver knew he could work with and make them look stylish...hopefully. His boots would need to carry him, that's for sure. "It's perfect for now, thank you so much." there was a smile on his face as he spoke, showing how truly grateful he was for the clothes.

As he turned to look at Sunjata he raised an eyebrow. So he was straight...interesting. It surprised Oliver to hear that he never experienced homosexuality in his original world, but he couldn't sit and chat about that for too long. Picking up the mug, he walked to take it back over to the kitchen, deciding it would be best if he cleaned up after himself. Plus, it'd give him a little bit more time to chat. "Yeah. I don't remember much about where I came from but uh....trust me, I ha- or there were you know. Relationships like that." It was a bit awkward to explain and it made Oliver blush a bit as he set the mug down.

Walking back over he proceeded to gather up the coat before slipping it onto his small frame. Then, he gathered up the other clothes, making sure to put the map on the top of the stack. "I guess it's my time to leave?" as he spoke, he forced a small smile to appear on his face. "Maybe we will see each other again? I hope so...and I hope I'll get the chance to meet Ronin sometime...and that he's feeling better soon." Oliver could only hope that they'd see how genuine his words were. That he hoped only for the best for the two and their partners...or whatever Sunjata had going on.

Glancing over at the door he let out a sigh before looking back at the other two men. "Wish me luck?" And with that, he made his way to the door, ready to face the world he had been officially thrown into.
a disaster!
a massive mess
trying to not die
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
The alchemist laughed at Jata's over the top performance, merely shooting the large man a roguish wink and shake of his head. "Wait, you haven't?" Remi asked, a bit more shocked than he should have been. Ronin was...well. Ronin. It was rare for someone not to know of him, and not only because of his knee-weakening good looks. He was the king after all. "I am sure he will want to rectify that." Remi chuckled glancing towards the stairs, the top of which had a door to their bedroom. "As soon as his highness is done napping, anyways." He added with a grin.

"Mmm. Yes. The tattoos. That must be it." Remi said wryly, shooting the soon-to-be-attuned a look that suggested he thought Jata knew exactly the effect he had on women, tattoos or no. "Where I came from it was the same. Illegal, actually." Remi added with a light shrug. It was still rather baffling to him that he could just...be married to Ronin and have no one think anything of it.

Watching as Oliver stood to leave, Remi placed down his cup and walked towards the large doors as well. "You know where to find me if you need anything else. Do not hesitate to ask." He said with a bright smile, waiting for Oliver to be fully bundled before pulling the ornate doors open.

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
say goodbye to who i was
A rumble of an accented chuckle leaves Sunjata at the surprise on Remi’s face. “Not that I’m aware of.” He reiterates, amusement lingering in the lines of his face, in the crooked smile he gives Remi after. “I suppose. Don’t want to be put in jail for having never set eyes on the King, after all.” And while the comment is fun, gentle, easy, he sips from his tea as he looks away from Remi with something shadowed beneath the steel to his eyes.

Luckily it doesn’t last long as Remi picks up on the jest, adding to it, able to distract Sunjata from the thoughts his mind wishes to drift toward. “Definitely.” He agrees before he listens to Oliver and tilts his head. If Sunjata is being honest, it’s never been something he’s even thought about. Perhaps an unspoken rule in the way Korofi had run. For survival, for population, for production.

He almost shudders when Remi says it was illegal, and he thinks back to all the laws he’d written, all the ones he’s enforced before he shakes his head lightly. “I don’t think it was illegal where I’m from… But it wasn’t seen at all.” He admits with a thoughtful pause. Perhaps they had all kept it hidden for fear of laws being written in the first place? And sure, Lusea had eyes for just about everyone, was that part of it too? He doesn’t know, and smartly keeps his lips shut.

But Sunjata stands again to his full height after finishing the tea when Oliver mentions his exit, giving the light haired man a smile and a nod. “Good luck.” He offers before he turns toward Remi as he holds the doors open for Oliver. “I suppose I should get going too.” He offers after a pause, slipping toward the door for his jacket and scarves, wondering what else he planned to do with his day.
SUNJATA