young & menace (open!)
Open for anyone!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP: 2712
but i come to life, come to life
some princes don't become kings
Fuck all of this. The blight, the weather, the snow —

Longnight too.

He still doesn’t really know what it is, but he knows it’s approaching and he’s done exactly nothing to prepare for it other than ruin everything he’s managed to build up. Lusea has been adapting, brought into the Devil’s Advocates with him, with nothing more than flirtatious smiles and her accented voice, much like before —

Like Korofi.

Like home.

Only this time he wonders if she means any of it. It’s not like he can say anything about it. He can’t do anything about it either. And he wonders to himself if maybe one of these times she won’t come home much like he hadn’t. Maybe one of those times he’ll be stuck at home wondering, worried.

But he needs to clear his mind, because if he stays indoors much longer, nearby people he really doesn’t want to see, he’ll probably break something. But Sunjata doesn’t travel far, remaining in the Woodlands, coming to the scar in the earth after a bit of a trek. And then, he does manage to notice an odd source of light coming from behind the trees.

And when he investigates, he notices a couple of lone Luxere —

As they look back at him and turn around to leave him alone too.

Yeah, yeah. Fuck me I guess.” He huffs into the chilled air.
even at the best of times,
i'm out of my mind
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
LILY
oh, cover your crystal eyes
and let your colors bleed and blend with mine

Luckily for Sunjata, Lily is one person the Luxere seem to love. And since this is one of the few things she’s good at, one of the few things she can actively do to contribute before she happily hides from the monsters for a week, the red head is out and about as much as she can be. The blight wreaked havoc on her body, so she’s bundled up in what might seem like too many layers - the pinched and hollow look in her face a startling mismatch to the extra weight her clothes might imply.

She carries a lantern to the light the way, a soft and lilting song preceding her through the woods. It’s an old Christmas Carol, the words having very little meaning to anyone who may not be from her world.

“To save us all from Satan’s power
When we were gone astray
Oh, tidings of comfort and joy
Comfort and joy
Oh, tidings of comfort and joy.”

And maybe, just maybe, the blight is far enough from her blood that the luxere turn from Sunjata and head towards her, lured by the pureness in her voice.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Lily isn’t alone when it comes to being bundled up in too many layers. He’s the same, if he’s being honest. It’s cold, he’s tired, annoyed, frustrated. And even the Luxere that are out and about want literally nothing to do with him. Rolling his eyes after a moment, he settles near the scar, pulls out a cigarette and lights it — inhaling deeply until he hears a voice, lilting, nice, and sweet from the direction that the Luxere had left in.

So naturally, Sunjata follows it.

Boots hit the snow with soft muffled crunches as he approaches, steel eyes skating through the trees in search of glowing antlers that have flocked around the red haired woman, and his eyes flow up toward her with the basket in hand before he leans against the trunk of the nearest tree. He pauses a moment to drag again off the smoke before he exhales his own plume of white into the snowscape around him. “Ah, so they like singing?” He hums thoughtfully, voice deep and accented as he focuses on Lily. “It’s no wonder they hated me.” A roguish crooked smile crosses his face at that, waiting for her response.
i'm out of my mind
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
LILY

This. This brings her joy, as a plethora of glowing antlers float to her out of the tree-dark shadows. It buoys her spirit, lifting her heart and voice to the moon and all that lies beyond it. Lily continues to the next verse, once she’s found herself surrounded by luxere.

“Fear not then, said the Angel
Let nothing you affright
This day is born a Savior
Of a pure Virgin bright
To free all those who trust in Him
From Satan's pow'r and might -

And it isn’t until she’s halfway through that she notices the man on the fringes, because a few very skittish creatures edge away from him. She frowns. There’s a very real desire to talk to him (if only because she doesn’t recognize him), but also, dude - they need the luxere. So when she hits the chorus, her hands come out in a ‘follow me’ gesture, hoping that he remembers the melody enough to sing along.

Oh tidings of comfort and joy
Comfort and joy
Oh tidings of comfort and joy”

Once they finish that round, Lily gestures for him to stay there. They can talk over their luxere’s heads as her hands reach out to pat noses looking for food. “Singing and other things. Uh, good people. People who have light magic or haven’t killed anyone or - well, I guess the blight doesn’t matter so much to them.” She pauses, coming up empty for the hungry animals. “Do you have any snacks on you? They like food.”

Well no shit, sherlock. All animals like food.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Oh, Sunjata isn’t a singer by any means. But he can do his best to whistle and keep up a genuine tune to that regard. And as she gestures for him to draw nearer, he obliges, trying his best to pick up the tone she’s set, the melody, deciding that maybe if she sings and he offers a little bit, they might not… Completely desert them.

Luckily for him, they’re done, and he’s drawn nearer to the fiery haired woman, watching with those slate eyes as she pats their furry heads, but they still seem entirely uncertain of him. And when she explains why they could be wary, what kind of people they prefer, his original light smile edges toward something akin to surprise. “They can tell?” He rumbles to her, accented and still a bit shocked. “Huh, well… That explains a lot.

He wonders if they tolerate him because of her, and when she asks if she has any snacks on him, he pauses to put the cigarette to his lips and pat the many pockets to the layers he wears. At first, he finds nothing, but in one of the pockets – ah, there! He finds a piece of bread he had swiped from the table earlier that day for a more… on the road snack. Shooting Lily a glance, he raises a brow in silent question if he needs to keep singing to get them to take the bread, before he turns toward the Luxere and offers it.

One of the creatures turns its head toward him, extending it’s neck in a very wary sort of approach, sniffing and blowing warm air over his hand, before it knocks the bread from his hand and scoops it toward the rest of the group, giving him a rather pointed look. Well, point taken, he supposes.
i'm out of my mind
SUNJATA
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Change author:
LILY

She shouldn’t laugh, but it kind of just falls out of her mouth at the luxere’s antics. Ok, ok. Point taken. Which, honestly, doesn’t give them much opportunity to talk. Which is a shame, because Lily likes meeting new people - but by his own admission, he isn’t a good candidate to keep the deer around and by the luxere’s reactions, he’s right. She sighs inwardly. Duty to the group trumps fun right now. “I’m Lily. It may not be the best idea for you to stick around… I’m sorry. Where are you staying for LongNight?” Flashing him an apologetic look, she hums softly while waiting for him to respond, still mindlessly scritching the nearest luxere behind the ear, even as the others seem to surge towards her and away from the man.

If they can’t talk now, maybe they can talk later.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He’s definitely sure now, that the Luxere want absolutely nothing to do with him, and so he drifts — letting the red head take the group a bit away from him where he finds a nearby tree to lean against. The deer seem quite content with the distance put between him and their herd, and while Lily scratches behind ears and feeds them, they snort and bray a bit of a cooing sound toward her, antlers glowing and glimmering in their content. Though some of them continue to stare at him and he passes it off for Lily’s question.

Sunjata.” He replies easily, keeping his distance to keep the deer happy. “Not the first time I’ve heard that.” He attempts to joke, managing a quiet chuckle from himself before he shakes his head. “I think I’m going to the Guildhall, though I’m not too sure.” He rumbles with a tilt to his head, steel eyes drifting toward Lily. “And you?” Perhaps talking later is a good plan, though what they are to talk about he’s uncertain.
i'm out of my mind
SUNJATA
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Change author:
LILY

“Me too,” she says with an easy smile and a look back towards the settlement and the rest of the warm buildings were, including her home. “Lily. Lily Balfour.” She begins to take a few steps in direction of the settlement, trying to lure the luxere closer to the Guildhall itself. Looking back at the darker and slightly brooding man who offered only little tidbits about this and that, she tilts her head a bit and offers a departing backward glance. “If you still need to take a load off those shoulders, Sunjata, come find me. Otherwise…” she shrugs a bit. “Have an easy LongNight.”

They could talk about anything. Or nothing. It was up to him. And the good thing is that he has a whole week to decide.