Personal Quest deep roots are not reached by the frost
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
KIADA
your battleworn tongue doesn't say the truth anymore
that you are ruined
Ack!” She replies to Deimos when he gives her the task of holding, amusement clearly written across her face. “I’ll hold you to it one day.” She says with a light wink, a smirk crossing her face, before she helps the Sword out by holding the boards to keep them steady while he fortifies them.

It’s no surprise to her that Deimos and her work well together – they always had. But of course, the jesting and joking would certainly be better had they managed to fail at it. But since they didn’t she had nothing to work toward, other than to spot and help out where she can. “If you need me to, I can fly up there and help inspect from above.” She offers to Deimos with a roguish grin from the base of the ladder she holds for him.

She imagines he’s got well enough balance. And, even if he didn’t, he had a unicorn that could heal any wounds.

Kiada spots Deimos at the base of the ladder and offers to fly up and help hold!
and you wonder why he lets you
the butcher
touch him,
the sun
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
"Bound to leave a mark or two, that teething," Jigano said blandly, his expression studiously innocent in spite of the twinkle in his eyes. Vulgar innuendo, him? Surely not! ...Though it brought a tight pain of grief and loss to his chest that he kept closely hidden from the Attuned link. He had no intention of letting the blight push him into maudlin thoughts today, and he followed Remi with a determined cheer and the small bag of moss. They could use that first before relying on the alchemist's magic, in case he needed to use his powers to create something else later, the bard thought.

"Mildew in the wood from disuse?" Jigano wondered aloud, though not with any conviction. He didn't really know much about lumber, though several projects in the past year had provided ample opportunity to start learning. "Or... oh." As Remi pried up the floorboard the question answered itself, and Jigano only barely managed to stop his nose from wrinkling in distaste. "I have forms that would be perfectly happy crunching a few of those down as a snack," he admitted quietly, for his fellow-Attuned's-ears-only. "But this is not one of them."

As it was Remi's house, the bard stood back to let the younger man take the lead and decide how he wanted to proceed. Though his soft-hearted response might once have had Jigano sighing in exasperation there had been too much darkness in the past year. Too much death. Rather than expound upon the harshness of nature or having to make 'tough choices,' he found solace in the alchemist's instinctive gentleness. When Remi reached out to the cockroaches Jigano cocked his head, studying him intently before seeing a number of the insects start scurrying across the floor in a purposeful fashion. With the hint of a smile on his lips he tucked his hands into his sleeves as he centered himself and turned his own Beastmaster ability on trying to coax another batch of the multi-legged menaces to the place Remi indicated. They were in a group like bees, weren't they? Humming thoughtfully to himself he reached out to the minds - if one could call them that - of the hive, seeking one in particular...

There.

She didn't want to go, but they couldn't let her stay. With a gentle but firm mental nudge, Jigano tried to coax the queen into motion, intending to get her to haul herself - and hopefully her prodigious family - to the side of the room Remi had set aside for them.

Jigano uses his Beastmaster ability to try and get the termite queen to Remi's official termite hotel!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
amun
Well, this worked out better than Amun had been expecting: Amalia ended up volunteering to help him out with the cloths, and he flashed her a friendly grin. ”You could never disappoint, kitty!” Seeing how nice she seemed, the potter might even put a little effort into it. As they made their way over to one of the windows—the Ascended obviously careful to stay out of the sunlight—he listened carefully to the baker’s explanation. ”Good thing I like it in the dark.” He winked at her, though it was more reflexive than anything else. ”No I have not. Figured I should check out both options, see what appeals to me.” Or who appealed to him at which location; he wasn’t going to lock himself up for a week without suitable companions.

However, as Amalia gestured for Amun to start working on the nails now that it was mostly safe for him, he frowned. ”Hang on, kitty. Looks like we’ve got some holes to fill.” Indeed, there were obvious rips in the fabrics, and he checked the one he’d wrapped around himself and was dismayed to find some there as well.

Jogging over to the pile of materials Deimos had brought, the Ascended rummaged through it. He was shocked to discover that there actually were two thick needles and a bunch of thick black thread among it, though he wasn’t about to look a gift horse in the mouth. Heading back over to the baker, he licked the end of the thread, fed it through the eye, and started sewing up the holes in the black cloth Amalia had already put up with quick and practiced strokes. It didn’t take him long—though it was complicated by the need to avoid the sunlight poking through—and when he finished he stepped back to admire his handiwork. ”Good as new!” Glancing at the pile of the black cloths they’d lugged over, he tapped a foot thoughtfully. ”While normally I’d have jumped at the opportunity to hammer something hard, want me to check the rest of these while you finish up this window?” He held up the needles he’d found, in case she wanted to help out with the sewing once she’d finished nailing.
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
if tomorrow brings new hope, i hope it brings you
The first window goes well, or so she thinks, until Amun calls for her to stop. Stepping back, Amalia frowns as she notices the tears in the black fabric, biting her lip unhappily. "Mort," she mutters, tracing the rip. It will have to be replaced, or repaired.

Amun seems to have a plan, though, and the baker turns as the Ascended returns, a needle and thread in his hands. Raising a brow, she watches as the man sets quickly to work, his stitches swift and small and all around better than anything she could produce. Raising an eyebrow, she studies his work with an approving and rather impressed smile. "Not bad. What other secret talents do you have hidden away?"

He suggests they split up and the girl agrees, taking more cloth and following Kiada and Demios' trail of reinforced windows. There are still some tears, but she is confident that working together she and Amun will be able to finish the preparations quickly. Once she has finished the preliminary hangings she circles back to see how her partner is doing, and whether he needs any immediate help.
Amalia & Jyoti
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
after fury
what do you do
Despite any setbacks, those working didn’t seem daunted or phased by the alteration of events. Unabashed, they worked quickly and efficiently, finding sufficient means to conquer the nuances and notions splintering or splitting along their path. It was a strange sense of quiet calm, not tempestuous in the rising, ominous backdrop, of all the things they labored against.

For their composed efforts, Jigano and Remi would find themselves successful in ridding a vast majority of the termites from their preferred origin, compelled by their graces and enchantments to hold their colony elsewhere, their destructive abilities caged and cornered. The queen presided along her new sovereignty and kingdom, incapable of mauling the rest of the wood, confined.

Amun’s stitching tactics came in handy as well, restoring the holes back to their former glory, as if they hadn’t been torn apart. When they were all completed, the sable cloths were like Stygian ramparts, guarding against whatever movement or motions those inhabiting the inside mustered and brandished.

With Kiada’s assistance, the Sword and the Harpy were also fortunate and effective, his brawn and bulk making light work of sturdy nails and reinforced wood, intending for their triumph to hold monsters at bay. At her suggestion, he tilted his head, pondering her notions as he stood along the top of the ladder – a little bemused he hadn’t thought of it before. Being capable of shifting into something completely different was still new, still foreign, still a strange, bewildering experience, sometimes he forgot he, and others, were capable. Deimos slowly made his way down the ladder, before nodding his assent. “Do you want to check the roof and any portions of the hall outside?” That way, he could follow soon after, with any tools or talons necessary.

As the rest began to finish up their first tasks, he proffered a round of congratulations, a slight smile to each in turn. “Well done.” He pulled out his list once more, checking over other credentials and necessities. “We already have a healthy stockpiling of food, but need somewhere to put it,” his eyes flickered briefly to Remi, presuming he would know the best location. “We should also add to our supplies for lighting – especially gas lamps, candles, and any firewood.” He had an adequate means of meat and lumber at his house, and if anyone was willing, they could take a few carts he’d already left outside (with runners on; thanks to the Sage’s suggestion on a previous mission).

--

Kiada is stuck with Deimos to reinforce more walls/windows/roof.

We need two volunteers to go move food to a designated location (courtesy of Remi).

We need two volunteers to add to lighting supplies! Feel free to snag any carts Deimos has outside and pick things up at his house, or if you have other supplies somewhere else!
with the remains?
DEIMOS
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
amun
Thankfully, between the baker and the potter, they got all the windows covered in no time, despite the rips. The Ascended shot his companion a grin, then wiped imaginary sweat from his brow. ”Phew. For a while there I was worried I was gonna burn up. However, thanks to you, kitty, I’m safe. You’re my hero.” He batted his eyelashes at her like the good little princess he was. Hopefully he'd get another one of her rare laughs.

It seemed that everyone was done with their tasks, so he gave Amalia a nod before wandering back to the big strong tall leader dude to listen to further instructions. Thankfully, it was easy to decide on his next task, since Amun wasn’t going outside, that was for sure. ”I’ll help move the food.” He made sure he interjected before anyone else got a chance to speak; even if he didn’t know the Guild well enough to know a suitable location for food, he wasn’t going to risk his life on the other remaining task. That seemed entirely counterproductive. He picked up a sack before anyone had a chance to object, then waited patiently to see who would help him. Hopefully they'd do the bulk of the work and he could just follow in their wake.
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
Jigano smiled to Remi as the alchemist finished walling away the termites into their own private kingdom. "That was kindly done. Let me know if you'd like help in the spring moving them out to a nice, big log in the Woods," he offered. It would probably involve buckets or crates or something to move them all, but with a toddler running around the house it wouldn't do to have weak boards that she could accidentally put a foot through. Better to find the destructive insects a more natural home, where they could do Rae's work in the circle of life and have plenty to eat without being confined to a stone prison, or so his thinking went.

As they gathered to see what the General had planned next, Jigano caught Amalia 's eye with an arched brow and a flicker of a smile. "If you know where the candles are kept, I can help haul," he suggested. "It's beautiful weather for a sleigh ride, with that sun shining down today." He cast Amun a sly glance, but turned away to borrow a rope from Remi before making his way outside, humming quietly to himself as he wove the braided cable into a quick stretch of knots that he shrugged into once the door was closed, letting the too-large harness drape over his clothing and down past his knees.

The walled yard combined with the recently-boarded-over windows provided an excellent private space for the pale-maned Attuned to stride into the snow on two feet one moment and four the next, an elegant equine neck arching so he could give Amalia a wink with a big blue eye. Tighten the knot by my left shoulder, if you would? Then tie the end of the rope to the cart and hop on!

Now if only they had some bells...
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
that's the thing about pain // it demands to be felt
"That is assuming we make it to spring." The alchemist joked, perhaps a shade too darkly. Then again, after everything he and Jigano had been through, he thought the bard was more than up for it.

Nodding at Deimos, and then Amun who volunteered, the alchemist flashed the newcomer a warm smile. "The cellar is this way. I hope you are not afraid of spiders." The basement was literally crawling, not that Remi minded at all. The cellar was literally carved into the ground, why shouldn't the former inhabitants still have access?

Grabbing as much as he could carry—and then grabbing at more still with his magic—Remi nodded for Amun to follow him. In the kitchen there was a door that Remi nudged open with his foot, leading to a rather treacherous set of stairs. "Careful." He warned, before trudging down into the cold and dark room below.

Remi helps with moving food!

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
KIADA
that you are ruined
The Harpy definitely decides that they make a good pair, when it comes to fixing things, for creating things, for doing things. Both with sharp minds and the ability to help with different sides, different thoughts on how to accomplish the same goal. It’s this that makes her utter her suggestion, that perhaps the new-Hybrid had forgotten the feathers he too shares. But she doesn’t blame him. It had taken her some getting used to as well.

And when he offers her to check the roof as he reaches the bottom of the ladder, she agrees. Shifting into plumes of white and grey, with scarlet eyes, she winks to Deimos before she takes to the sky, first to observe the panes of the roofing, before slipping to the edges and landing upon each side, offering a crooning call toward Deimos for whenever she found a spot needing reinforcement.
the butcher
touch him,
the sun
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
The childish smile does elicit a laugh, Amalia's clear voice ringing out in a brief and pleased chuckle at Amun's incessant friendliness. It is nice to work with someone who does not know her flaws, whose history isn't tied in hers, her aspirations and mistakes. "They don't call me Shield for nothing," she says with a slight bow (and is this really her first time acknowledging the title aloud, taking pride and delighting in the fact that she is indeed the Shield?).

So when Jigano steals her away for a sleigh ride Amalia's spirits are already high. "You gonna be okay without me, Jungle Boy?" the baker teases, waving goodbye to the Ascended as Remi steps in to fill her shoes. The sunlight is brilliant; it is a lovely winter day, and she inhales deeply the cool, crisp air, basking in the pleasure of hard work and good friends.

When Jigano emerges from the brush as a horse, it is all the girl can do to keep from clapping her delight. Done! the Shield agrees eagerly, moving to tie the rope as instructed before settling into the sleigh. "Take us away!" She knows indeed where the candles are, and lanterns as well; she lives in the Sword's house after all, a still incredible idea to her, another bright point of light in her life.
Amalia & Jyoti
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
after fury
what do you do
Despite the cellar’s other occupants, none of the inhabitants seemed to mind the constant flurry of movement along the stairs, Remi and Amun marching back and forth, placing the food into the cellar. By the time they’d finished, surefooted despite the treacherous stairs, they’d completed maneuvering the stockpiles successfully, stored and ready for however many managed to find themselves held up here. Now all that was left to do was preserve them for as long as possible.

The Sword and Harpy worked well in tandem – and when the young bird called out, the beast followed suit, placing his ladder against the sides of the house and following through with lumber and hammer, creating the nails in his hands as he ensured holes were no longer open vacancies, striving to be certain there was no way to monsters to trickle and damn their way through. Before long, they’d finished one side of the house, and he watched in the distance for a time to witness the Sage and Shield return from their trips – maneuvering his attention briefly back to Kiada, nodding his head in the direction of the opposite portions of the house. “Anything over there?”

For several instances and intervals, Jigano and Amalia’s rounds were loaded and undaunted, the mixture of food, lumber, candles, and lanterns withstanding the bumps and dips along the road. On the last volley, however, they might’ve taken too hard of a turn, too hasty of a motion, or meandered too close to a jutting rock, for some of the supplies bounced straight out of the sled, landing in a heap along snowy pathways and roads.

--

Remi and Amun, perhaps find some salt or another way to preserve the food?

Kiada and Deimos have one side of the house completely reinforced – keep on trucking!

Jigano and Amalia have returned with many supplies, but some were also lost along the road!
with the remains?
DEIMOS
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
that you are ruined
As Kiada flies around, searching for more places to reinforce, she spends a few moments each time scouting out the others that have been working diligently on their own tasks. And before long, she realizes that Deimos and her have accomplished reinforcing one side. A puff of feathers sparking along her chest is her only source of pride in the matter as she flies above the roof toward the other side, listening toward Deimos’ instructions, and moving window sill from window sill, from wall to wall in search of more and more.

This Longnight, they’d be very prepared. If only she was staying for most of it, she might feel better about the whole ordeal.
the butcher
touch him,
the sun
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
Fortunately for Amalia and Jigano, Wessex isn’t far behind them and notices a couple of dropped items, picking them up and carrying them with her to Guildhall. There’s no particular reason for his visit, other than to check-in and do her due diligence with the LongNight preparations. She’s sure everyone has it entirely under control, but it’s probably a good idea to show her face, even if it’s brief.

The Ascended enters the Guildhall and spots everyone hard at work: Remi and Amun, which elicits a look of pleasant surprise when she sees the newbie pitching in. Kiada and Deimos at the walls, and potentially a horse and Amalia (or Amalia and Jigano, whichever actually happens). “How’s it going over here?” she asks to all and no one in particular, ready to offer a hand if needed, but also perfectly fine with just sitting back and taking a quick look around. Amalia knows how to prepare and it is Remi’s home. Between them and Jigano and Deimos, she has a grudging confidence that they’ll prepare adequately - even if she doesn’t know about their plans to go outside. And to be honest, it’s probably better for everyone if she doesn’t.
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Everything goes remarkably smoothly- that is, until the end. After collecting supplies from Deimos' house, Amalia finds herself laughing riotously as they make the journey back to the guild, the sleigh ride a delicious distraction from the reason behind this particular task. Those who have lived in this place for a long time learned as children to find light in darkness: it is impossible to survive a week of LongNight without some moments of fun before the storm.

Of course, all play inevitably leads to some disaster. It isn't until they return to the guild that Amalia realizes what they've lost: a large bag of candles, the bulk of their supplies. Jumping from the sled the baker curses lightly, red cheeked and bright eyes and too amused by their antics to be terribly distressed. With an armful of supplies the girl pushes through the front door, laying them on the counter and finding a spot beside Deimos to announce their general success. "We had some casualties along the way!" Rising on tiptoes, she plants a chaste kiss upon his cheek before throwing an arm over Kiada's shoulders. "But don't worry, we'll go back for the fallen."
Amalia & Jyoti