Training a calm surrender
open!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 62 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059

Master of the sky? Why thank you. The manticore rumbled back with boyish ease. Landing into the snow and peering with interest behind the pell—this wasn't a real battle after all, there was no need to rush the bard or advance unnecessarily—he grinned a toothy grin to see the pale horse stepping out. Having only really seen Jigano in this form once or twice, and always when he was rather occupied with other things, he took a welcome moment to study the Sage's new equine body.

Galloping off, the manticore followed at an easy lope. It was hard to know at the outset who would have the advantage; the Andalusian was built to run, but snow would make it hard. With wider pays the large cat might have had an advantage on the snow if not for his considerable weight.

Keeping his wings splayed if only for balance as he sunk up to his chest into the snow, the big cat gave a frustrated roar as he was forced to leap through the snow after the horse.
until the lambs become lions.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5225
You've earned it, Jigano chuckled. Even more now! Ceding the sky to the manticore he tried to take their game to the ground, hoping that four hooves might prove swifter on the sprint than big paws. And if he was using the form he was most comfortable in that might even have been true! Dainty fox paws could have dashed unhindered over the top of the snow, but hooves sunk straight through it, and Jigano snorted in dismay as his attempt to sprint was quickly reduced to lunging hops as soon as he reached the deeper snow.

This... was not my best idea, he admitted as Remi roared and Jigano made another leap. The manticore was closing fast, and the bard was already feeling warmer than he had in weeks just from the exertion alone. He had insisted on changing the rules of the game, however, and now he had to deal with the consequences...

The main one being the hot breath of a panting lion stirring his tail, and Jigano made a last prodigious leap to try and reach an area of thinner snow where he could actually break into something resembling a run - around the lee side of the wall, where the snow had not yet had a chance to blow into the great drifts in the center of the training ground.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

No idea what you mean.. The manticore panted from behind the horse, lunging with powerful legs through the snow. Already his muscles were burning from the exertion of it all, but by sheer size if nothing else, he was gaining on his prey.

If only because of dumb luck, the manticore shifted slightly to the side which had the effect of cutting off the bard's path just enough for him to catch up. Lunging forward with paws outstretched, Remi made sure to tuck his claws in as far as they might go. Horses were rather sturdy creatures, he'd learned as much from Isla, but this was all for fun and needless risk wasn't worth it.

With a triumphant growl echoing from his parted jaws, Remi tried to grab onto Jigano's hindquarters as a lion might try and fell a zebra, his hind legs running behind him through the snow trying to keep his balance.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
It might have been a good plan, if it hadn't been such a terrible one. Make it to the wall, be able to stretch his legs and run properly (except Remi would have been able to do the same, whoops) and buy time to find another trick to pull. At least it had the benefit of being simple, but not even that could save him from the manticore changing direction just enough to cut him off.

He realized he'd screwed up too late, and his equine bulk couldn't compensate fast enough in the heavy snow. He gathered his muscles for one final attempt to break free, but heavy paws landed on his rump and he stumbled, snorting in dismay at his defeat. Momentum carried them a little farther through the snow, but he was well and truly caught and he tossed his head as he called back: You win! You win! Rueful laughter danced through the link, and he pawed at the snow with amused disgust. We'll have to do this again after LongNight, without the snow. He glanced back slyly before turning with delicate steps to face Remi again, looking up at the big predator with his clear, bright green eyes in a lion's fierce face. And make a real race of it!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

For good measure, the manticore reached forward to snap at the horse's wither. Internally his predatory senses encouraged him to bite down for real, to tear away the thin pale flesh there and halt the horse permanently. Instead, Remi simply laughed and fanned his wings, rearing back slightly to let the horse loose from his grip.

A real race, mm? Raccoon vs. fox in a battle of cunning? Hawk vs. Raven in agility? Horse vs. lion in...ahh..mm. He paused. Perhaps that one would be straight speed, and knowing little objectively about either species, he honestly had no idea who would win.

Breathing hard, his muscles singing pleasantly, the alchemist flopped down in the snow creating the worst snow-angle imaginable with his hulking body.

Thank you. He thought warmly towards the bard, happy to have the snow cool him off. I needed that.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
I didn't even think about those other options! the bard declared with delight, shaking out of his horse form to drop to the snow as a panting fox, legs splayed inelegantly as he stretched out beside the manticore to catch his breath. Sounds like we'll be busy! And though some people were so caught up in the fear of LongNight that they seemed unwilling to plan for life beyond it, Jigano had already been through his worst nightmare and come out the other side. The Blight had broken him down, left him weak and shamed, guilty and afraid of what he had done - even more because he couldn't remember it. But he had survived, by the grace of Vi and Rae and his friends who had planted Roses he had lived, and he had no intention of letting LongNight take away the gift he had been given.

Whether his stubbornness was a match for the world's capriciousness was yet to be seen.

I think... I think that I did, too, Jigano admitted as his tail thumped the snow a few times in contentment. He was warm again, however briefly, and he savored the feeling even if it was uncomfortable. So, you're welcome, and thank you, too!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

The big creature growled—the closest thing to a purr as Remi could create—but accompanied it with a pulse of appreciation. Rising and shaking the snow from his mane, the manticore stretched luxuriously for a moment before glancing at the guildhouse. I am sure there is a hungry child and husband in there. He observed with a toothy grin. I should get back. I did enjoy this though. I take it you will stay at the Temple, during LongNight? The Sage had argued so well for the Temple during their conversation with Wessex, it only made sense.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
Jigano looked up, wrinkling his nose and squinting as some of that snow Remi was shaking off powdered over him, and he rose to his feet a few moments later to shake himself off as well. Give them both my regards, will you? He flicked an eye at the alchemist in amusement. I'd rather not find myself on the menu of King or toddler!

The question caught him by surprise as he was shifting back to his winged shape, and for a moment he hung caught between forms before he finished the transition, croaking wryly. If the options are between the Temple and the Manor, I would be at the Temple, he agreed. But... ideally once the Temple doors are closed, they won't be opening again for the rest of LongNight, and I have things I must be doing. He fluttered up to one of the pells so he could look Remi more easily in the eye without turning his head upside down to try and look up at the big manticore. And since the Monster Hunter's Guild is a far more welcoming place than that Launceleyn trap, I will likely be here if that's where Kiada will be. There are promises to keep... and enough seasoned warriors in the Guild to defend the doors if they must be opened, he added more soberly, remembering that Remi had said something at a meeting in Leafchange about patrolling the dark.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Food? No. Aoife would love to cuddle you as a fox though. Ronin too, in all likelihood. The manticore said with a grin. His family was full of snugglers now, and though a fox was more viscous than a racoon was, he'd doubted whether it would deter either of his dark-haired counterparts.

With a pulse of wry intrigue, having only heard a bit from Amalia of the soul-searching she and Jigano were planning on doing, Remi gave the bard a look. A knowingly look, punctuated with a sort of dark camaraderie through the bond. Indeed I have heard the Temple doors are meant to remain shut, yes. I...cannot same the same for the Guild. We will endeavor to keep everyone within safe, but like you, I too have things which need doing beyond the walls.

With a grim nod, the manticore pulled in a breath. I have created two-way parchment and shells that carry voices, so that the Temple and the Guild can communicate. Safrin's spyglass is in the door so that we might look out and see those cloaked in illusion, as well as the other defenses. If you think of anything, for inside or out, let me know.

The conversation was silent, but it did border on treason just the same. And so the large creature gave the Sage a nod, before turning to return to the guild.

~FIN