a e s t h e t i c
Rathskeller Owner

Age: 27 | Height: 6' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
if you think i'm pretty
you should see me in a crown
Real talk: the Bone Bridge is not what you expected.

Which isn't to say it's bad. It's pretty cool, actually - very a e s t h e t i c, with the whole misty expanse and white stone and no rails and ominous silence business. You're definitely a fan. But definitely not a prime location for boning, which is something of a letdown.

Cold, too, but everywhere is cold. You've had to wrap yourself in a big bundle of furs, soft black and rich brown and all quite a bit more expensive than you can really afford, but you've got your ways. You can get a guy to buy you a drink or loan you a cloak with a flutter of those long lashes: it's a skill you had to pick up early, when it became painfully clear manual labor wasn't in the cards.

Anyway. No boning on the bone bridge, but right now you don't mind. It's... kinda nice, to just chill for a little bit, staring into the mist and wondering what the fuck you're doing with your life (answer: very little). Maybe it's time to find a new cause, or move on, or something. You've never spent this long without someone to tell you what to do, and to tell the truth, it makes you antsy as fuck. Maybe you should be embracing your freedom or whatever, but honestly? You're more lonely than liberated, these days.
EZRA
Undertaker

Age: 36 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
ABASI
With the Blight lifted and a place to stay sorted, Abasi was back to wandering aimlessly around the Hollowed Grounds looking for something to do. Perhaps he should have been mindful enough to enjoy it, but he had never done well without a direction; his whole life had been instruction after instruction: Learn these prayers. Attend this festival. Bow to Pharoah. Become a Priest. Here everyone seemed to do whatever they wanted, which was an entirely alien idea to him.

At least there was some interesting scenery. He was not used to snow and while the cold bite of it made him frown and pull his thick robes around him tighter (something he had immediately asked for, as soon as he had arrived at the manor), there was something beautiful in watching the lazy white flakes dawdle on their way down from the sky.

The snow had nothing on the Bone Bridge, though. As he approached it he hesitated, wondering if it's skeletal appearance was a hint towards something menancing about the structure. But after The Blight, if this was going to kill him.... let it said the dark part of his thoughts. He began to walk across.

It wasn't long before he came across a man. One he didn't recognise, but he did not know many people here. As much as he often hated company, he had found since his run in with near-death he had been more needy of people's time, and so he found himself stopping to stand awkwardly for a moment then ask: "...Hello. Do you know anything about this place? The Bridge, I mean."
Do not raise up intimate companions
For nothing is to be gained from them
Let your own heart be watchful over you
Rathskeller Owner

Age: 27 | Height: 6' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
if you think i'm pretty
Huh, well, guess you aren't destined to a life of lonely brooding after all. Not that you're likely to complain - the creature who emerges from the bridge shrouded in a bundle of robes is, if not conventionally attractive, certainly interesting to look at. Maybe he'll be fun conversation, too. It would be nice to chat up someone who isn't married or drunk or sick, for once.

You tilt your head at his question, long hair pulling out a tad from under your scarf. "I know it seems inappropriately named." A languid shrug and a playful smile. "No boning - ah, bones - to be seen." The urge to wink is strong, but somehow, with a great show of self restraint, you resist. "Here to enjoy the view?"
EZRA
Undertaker

Age: 36 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
ABASI
As soon as Abasi saw the smirk, he felt a little bit of dread. It was the same kind of smile that he had seen in James before a joke - and he hated people who could do nothing but joke. He had always taken life seriously and found it almost offensive when someone could breeze in without a care in the world and make him feel like all his very serious effort was for nothing.

But since the Blight, he was trying to be more patient. So he ignored the comment about 'boning' and gave Ezra a tight lipped smile, leaning on the railing to look down into the depths beneath.

"I did not know this was here. I am...looking for something." He frowned and pushed his hand through his hair, looked at Ezra. How did everyone else get to look so relaxed all the time? "Have you been to the bottom?"
Rathskeller Owner

Change author:
if you think i'm pretty
You know enough about reading people to know when flirting isn't on the table, and this one certainly seems disinterested in your various charms. More's the pity- guess this really isn't a boning bridge, as much as the activity would fit with the name.

Broody over there certainly seems ad far from interested in boning as a man can physically be, but still you flash him a winning smile, moving over to lean beside him and stare into the swirling snowy mist. He's looking for something, huh? "What're you possibly looking for here?" you wonder, not convinced he'll find much of anything in this fog.

The bottom? Leaning further over the rail, you let one foot leave the ground as you peer into the void. "No, I'm a bone bridge virgin, too." Another smirk- you really can't help it. Seduction used to be your job. "What if there isn't a bottom, hm? Maybe it just goes off forever, down to other worlds. Or spikes. Actually, I bet it's spikes."
EZRA
Undertaker

Change author:
ABASI
"...A purpose, I suppose." Abasi answered, the complexity of the answer surprising himself as it left his lips. "Or, realistically, a way home - though I am coming to believe that is impossible, for the moment." There was a part of him that wanted to hope any corner he turned might lead him to a massive sign reading 'EGYPT THIS WAY >' , but it was seeming less likely by the day.

Ezra bet it was spikes? Abasi was not a gambling man, but a faint smirk touched his lips as he considered taking the man up on it, asking him to jump down and see.

"There are some here who can summon flying beasts or, I have heard, even transform themselves into forms with wings - if you had such talents, you could go look for yourself. I assume you must not? Are you one of the..." He swallowed before saying the word, shame thick in his throat. "Abandoned, like myself?"