seeing stars
For Jiao
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
They say blood makes you related but
loyalty makes you family
At the mention of books, Loren immediately perked up. Jiao probably had no way of knowing this, but he felt the same about new volumes as she probably did about new clothes. ”Is there a library in Sidhe?” This was the first he’d heard of it, but then again he knew pretty much nothing about the Fae, so that wasn’t that surprising.

Strangely, it seemed that Jiao was equally ignorant of the non-Fae. Her confusion was evident, and he rushed to explain. ”No, sorry. I just meant that only those among us who are favored and ask for the gift are given the ability to shift forms. Once given by the old gods, they can shift freely. However, the first shift doesn’t come naturally, or with age or practice.” That seemed to be how it worked among the Fae, if the summoner was understanding her words correctly.

His offer of help was tentatively accepted, and he smiled at her. ”Feel free to call upon me at any time. I live in the Launceleyn Manor. Everyone in the Hollowed Grounds should be able to point it out to you. It’s the giant mansion.” If Jiao ever flew over the area, maybe she’d seen it; it was a giant half-house half-fortress, impossible to miss.
LOREN
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Age: 53 | Height: 4'6" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

"...Sort of." Jiao tilted her head side to side, trying to think of a way to explain the haphazard book placement in Sidhe. "We have books out for people to read, but they're all throughout the Bodega and the Observatory. We don't have a big thing like your..um..A...Atheneum. Yeah." She nodded, proud of herself for remembering.

Loren explained how human shifts worked - Jiao found herself getting bored pretty early in and was relieved when he seemed to be getting ready to go. He was not at all the worst human she'd met, but like all of them, he did seem to want to talk about himself (you know, the thing she never did).

"Ooh, check you out. Living in a mansion. I might stop by." With that said she darted back, gave him a wave with her fingers. "Bye - I might see you when I open up my stall."
JIAO
Even if I'll end up in shatters
Baby it doesn't matter