trial and failure (open)
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
Oliver should've known better than to be too hopeful when he visited the Shrine. Of course the gods wouldn't respond to him immediately. As sad as he was, he tried his best not to blame them too much for not responding. It simply hurt him, maybe. Coming to this new land he had been hopeful that someone would respond, someone to guide him. The gods had been known to communicate with people, so why had they ignored him?

He had sat at the shrine for minutes, waiting for a response. After feeling nothing, receiving nothing, he knew it had been time to leave. The herbs and spices had been left behind and he now stood away from the Shrine. Perhaps he should've given a better offering? Or a better prayer? Oliver had planned to do more research and bring a better offering the next time, that way he'd hopefully receive a response. Any kind of response.

There was one major problem: He kinda didn't really know how to get back to normal civilization. Standing in the glade, he awkwardly looked around for any sign of people. Hoping that someone could help him get back to the marketplace. Besides, he needed something to make him happy again. It kinda hurt to not receive any response when he desperately wanted it, so maybe talking to someone else could make him feel a bit better.
a disaster!
a massive mess
trying to not die
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE
Who could ask to be unbroken
or be brave again?
Or honey hope even on this side
of the grave again?
Back home, Nate hadn’t been what anyone would call and outdoorsman. It didn’t really help that he’d grown up in a paved hell, every scrap of green wild and feral and owned by lost pets and the homeless, but even if he’d had the chance to commune with nature or whatever the hell it was people did, he wouldn’t have. Here though, there really wasn’t much choice. Everything was green. Well... less so right now, with the snow and the cold, but it was still nature.

If he tried to stick to his old ways, he would go stir crazy, and with the impending Longnight, he already knew he was going to struggle. Nate figured he might as well get all his wandering out now, while he can. There was no goal in mind, he simply walked. Past the Rathskeller, and the college, which he really should stop into at some point soon, and into the outskirts. He hadn’t noticed, but he was following a set of footsteps in the snow towards the glade.

Obviously, he hadn’t expected to meet someone at the other end of the path (though honestly, if not that he wasn’t sure what he’d been expecting), but there was someone there. Nate paused, weighing his options, and figured a conversation wouldn’t be so bad. ”Hey there! He called our, lifting a hand in greeting. ”I’m not interrupting you, am I? There’s some... god thing round here, right?”
And who could ask it to be sound
or to feel saved again?
But stick around until you hear
that music play again
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
Seeing someone else was surprising. Oliver partially wanted it to be someone he already knew, that way he wouldn't have to overcome that awkward initial first interaction, but he was still glad that another person had showed up. Being bad at directions and not exactly being in the best of moods meant it was a bit hard for Oliver to focus on getting back, so it was nice to know he had someone else with him. Dying alone in the snow isn't exactly a fun idea...then again, it probably wouldn't get to that.

Looking at the arrival, he gave a small smile. It wasn't one of him being happy about the situation, more about him being welcoming and generally interested in meeting the other man. "No! Not at all," It was a bit impossible to interrupt absolutely nothing.

Glancing back over his shoulder, Oliver turned to look back at the other man with a small nod. "Yep, there's a shrine behind me." He awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck, realizing the man may be trying to do what he did. It wasn't exactly a happy thought. "I'm not the best with advice though, no idea how you probably pray at one." Hopefully the man would have better luck than him? If that was his purpose of coming here.

"Anyways, my name is Oliver." He might as well try to get a small conversation out of the man, even if the dude could here for the sole purpose of speaking to the gods. The gods seemed a little picky when it came to their offerings and the man wasn't exactly carrying a gigantic offering or anything.
a disaster!
a massive mess
trying to not die
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NATE
or be brave again?
of the grave again?
”Glad to hear it.” Nate drawled, easy smile on his face as the young man confirmed he hadn’t walked in on something he shouldn’t have.. ”I mighta felt bad if I was bugging you.” He stepped closer as he continued, looking over the other man casually, his grin growing wider as his gaze followed Oliver’s over his shoulder. ”Nah, I’m not really the praying type. Not to whatever is gonna answer there.”

The memory of his last shrine visit did seem to dampen his spirits, but only for a moment. That grin was indomitable, a permanent fixture on his face, and his voice was smooth as he moved on to introductions. ”Nice to meet you Oliver. You mind Ollie?” Nate thrust out a hand from his pocketeahgling his fingers at Oliver. ”I’m Nate.”

”So...” Nate pulled a smoke from his pocket and lit it, figuring he had the time. ”No luck with the gods, huh?” It didn’t exactly take a genius to figure out why the other man was here, though there was a chance he was wrong, Nate liked his odds of being right .
or to feel saved again?
that music play again
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
The man shook his head, his face relaxed. "You aren't bugging me at all." It did surprise Oliver a bit that the man seemed disinterested in praying, especially when Oliver had been told that many people had interacted with the gods. Seen them with their own eyes. It seemed hard to believe that someone would refuse to pray to something confirmed to be real. Oliver wouldn't judge him though, especially when he had pretty much been ignored.

Reaching out, Oliver shook the other man's hand. "Ollie is fine. It's nice to meet you Nate." The nickname was one he had heard before, but he liked it. It made Oliver feel more relaxed, like he was simply talking with a friend. Sucks that he couldn't exactly make up a nickname involving 'Nate'. It was already so short.

Talking with Nate already felt easy. With the usage of a nickname and the grin on the other man's face, Oliver felt extremely comfortable. The man seemed super relaxed and chill, not even worried about anything going on in life. It would lead to Oliver relaxing a bit himself, no longer dwelling to much on his previous failure with the gods.

Even when asked about his luck with the gods, Oliver didn't feel too sad now. The energy radiating off of the man and his new good mood were helping to keep away any sad thoughts. "Yeah, sadly I didn't get a response. Then again, I'm like super new. I'm not really sure if I prayed correctly or if I even if my offering was good enough." He let out a shrug. He probably had more times to pray, so he shouldn't be too upset, especially when Nate was right in front of him.

"What brings you all the way out here? If you aren't coming to pray." Oliver wasn't sure what all was out here, so who knows. Maybe there was something super cool that Oliver had absolutely no idea about.
a disaster!
a massive mess
trying to not die
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
or be brave again?
of the grave again?
Nate grinned wide, both at the confirmation that he wasn’t being a bother, and at the easy acceptance of his nickname. Usually he had to do some convincing, even with as simple as Ollie. ”Nice to meet you too. Seems like it’s been forever since I actually met someone new.” He laughed, though it was true. The Hollowed Grounds weren’t infinite.

Nate shifted, stomping his feet in the cold, and took a few steps to stand under a tree, where the snow was lighter. He waited for Ollie to join him, pleased that the conversation was going on for a little bit. This was exactly what he’d wanted, a distraction, but actually interesting. He took a drag off his smoke, then glanced at the other man, deciding if he looked old enough to be offered a drag, then deciding he didn’t really care that much and holding it out anyway.

”The gods are picky.” He said dismissively. ”And kind of bitchy. There’s better things here than them, believe me.” Okay, so maybe he was a little bit biased, after his own disastrous prayer to Frey, and the other, barely answered prayer to the Voice. ”If you did do something wrong, it was probably stupid.” Was this reassuring? He didn’t know, but really hoped so. Nate didn’t know much else.

What had brought him all the way out here? A boredom, a vague sense of uselessness and ennui that had been building up ever since he’d temporarily moved out of Sams home. The preamble to a case of cabin fever over Longnight. The strange relationship thing he was building with another person, willingly. ”I just wanted to stretch my legs. I don’t think I’ve ever been out this way before, actually. It’s kinda nice.” He shrugged, then gestured to the pond. ”Bet there’s decent fishing here. When it’s warm.” Nate laughed, though why he’d said wasn’t exactly funny. Sometimes he just needed the distraction.
or to feel saved again?
that music play again
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Oliver gave a small laugh. "I know right? I mean, I haven't seen anyone in ages." Quite honestly, he enjoyed having tons of people. It was nice to be able to talk to people, to meet others. Being able to be around others and learn from them was great, fantastic even. It was good to have access to multiple types of people, never know what could happen. Plus, Nate seemed pretty nice and cool, Oliver would be down with hanging out with him. Without a word, Oliver walked over with Nate to the tree, happy that his blonde hair wasn't turning completely white anymore.

It was reassuring to hear Nate's own experiences with the gods. Oliver didn't know how exactly Nate has prayed, but it made him feel better to know he wasn't the only one having troubles with contacting them. Though, he wasn't a fan of the fact that Nate was calling them bitchy. It felt wrong to demean the gods and talk badly about them. No matter how mad Oliver was, he would never call them bad names out loud. "Yeah...I guess it'd just be nice to get some more information on who I am....but thank you. You know, about the advice." Maybe he hadn't done something super wrong...maybe he was close?

Looking over at the pond, Oliver laughed. "Unfortunately, I cant say anything about the fishing. I barely just got here, so all I know is the freezing ass cold." Oliver was going to comment on the fact that Nate decided to stretch his legs in the middle of a snow storm...but then again, so did he. "It does seem super nice, you have a point. Super peaceful and honestly, if it weren't snowing, I'd say it looked beautiful. Too bad we cant enjoy the beauty of it without freezing our asses off." Hopefully Nate would appreciate his attempt at a joke. "Could also be a good place to take a date, who knows." That part was said much quieter.

Turning to look over at Nate, Oliver flashed him a small smile. "Tell me more about yourself. What do you like to do?"
a disaster!
a massive mess
trying to not die
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
or be brave again?
of the grave again?
”I think this is actually the smallest amount of people I’ve ever been around.” Nate shopkeeper his head, not wanting to accept the realization that his words were true. ”I grew up in a huge city. What about you, where’d you come from? Here, or... someplace else?” He did regret the question when Oliver continued, saying he’d been looking to the gods for hints on who he was. Well. Talk about putting your foot in your mouth. ”Don’t mention it.”

Nate shut himself up by sucking on his smoking and staring into the distance, chuckling when Ollie complained of the cold. ”The cold is bracing. It’ll put some character into you.” He laughed, repeating something someone had once said to him as a kid. ”The snow makes it nice here too. Like a uh... Christmas card or something, right? Almost worth freezing.” He had to lean in to hear the younger mans next words, the grin on his face widening. ”You got someone you’re looking to impress?” The words were teasing, gently, like an elbow to the side and a wink.

Just as quickly, the focus was pushed back to him, and Nate had to think for a moment. What did he do? ”I... garden, kind of, and work at the college, sometimes. Not the same stuff I used to. I guess I’m still.. finding my balance here.”
or to feel saved again?
that music play again
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Oliver had grown used to others asking about where he was from. It didn't bother him too much. Before his head hurt and he felt awful, but now he just tried to live life with the lack of knowledge. No use in constantly being pouty when someone asked where he was from. Besides, there's only so many times you can respond with the same statement before it becomes monotonous. "No idea. I can't remember where I came from....but I don't think it was a small place. So maybe I'm as used to crowds as you." He flashed the other man a smile, hoping that he had relieved any tension the man could've felt.

Oliver couldn't...actually remember what a Christmas card was. Yeah, he knew what a card was, but nothing came to mind when he thought of that phrase. His eyebrows lowered in thought and a small frown pierced his lips. "I...I think the snow is pretty, yeah, not pretty when it's getting all in my boots." He made an attempt to change the subject, unhappy with his inability to recall ANYTHING about this. Normally he wasn't this bad. Why was he so stuck on this Christmas thing?

Luckily, Nate had changed the subject. Talking about possible love interests was much more appealing than his inability to remember what a Christmas was. A small laugh left his lips and he shook his head. "As of right now, I have nobody in specific in mind. Hopefully that'll change soon." Oliver had some minor hopes of maybe going on a date or so. His confidence at this time was surprisingly high, considering his lack of memory. He felt like he could still manage some things with his lack of memory.

"I bet you're excited to start gardening again...I know I'm ready to figure out whatever hobbies I used to do. Or find new ones." Oliver let out a shrug. Gardening didn't feel all that personal to him. Like he may have done it once or twice, but it wasn't something he'd dedicate himself to. "I understand. It's always fun to try new things, right? Have you joined any guilds? I know I was told that those offer tons of opportunities."
a disaster!
a massive mess
trying to not die