I breathe disaster
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
sometimes love is all that can save us, sometimes love can kill a man
"Oh look, he makes proper jokes now." Remi said with a snort, before shaking his head. "I think the words you were looking for are thank you Remi." He added with a boyish chuckle.

"Just a moment—" Before clothing himself Remi turned back towards the deer. This would likely get him even more messy no matter how careful he was. Creating a knife in his hand, the alchemist began to swiftly field-dress the deer. Throwing out bits of innards and things that weren't suitable for human consumption, Remi laid them carefully out on the snow for some scavenger or other to come and collect. "Better here than at the manor, with LongNight so close." He explained as he worked, occasionally rubbing his forehead against his shoulder
to remove sweat and blood from his skin and matted curls.

When he was finished, he leaned back and pulled in a breath of fresh air. Thick pelts appeared around his shoulders and beneath his fingers fasteners appeared snugly wrapping this new jacket around his bloody frame. Standing, the deer floated easily above the ground as Remi tried to brush a blood-stained knot of hair out of his eyes.
sometimes love is a soft touch, or a line drawn in the sand

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Love mends even the broken parts
Remi could get mock offended all he wanted. ”It’s not my fault you don’t appreciate my sense of humor.” The other man’s snort was a nice touch. ”Thank you Remi.” Loren’s voice came out in a complete deadpan. As the alchemist asked the Launceleyn to wait, he fell silent.

However, when he saw that the other man was butchering the deer, the summoner created his own knife, then knelt to pitch in. As Remi explained that it was better to do this here than at the Manor—which wasn’t something that needed explaining, really—the Launceleyn nodded idly, uncaring of the own gore and viscera that got on his clothes. It didn’t seem worth it to clean up mid-task, given that they’d have to transport the meat back to the Manor anyway. Between the two of them, it didn’t take long. Loren stepped back as Remi made proper clothes, then easily lifted the carcass.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Beaming up at the summoner as if his appreciation had been the most sincere thing he'd ever heard, Remi merely chuckled before setting to his task. Eyeing Loren with slight surprise, Remi moved down the length of the deer to allow the summoner extra space to work.

"Come on then." Scrubbing at his mouth and nose, still able to smell the twang of blood there, Remi produced a cloth, filled it with snow, and continued to try and clean himself up at least a little.

"How did you hear about Jigano and I?" Remi asked with a sidelong glance towards his thinner counterpart as they trudged back through the snow.

Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Alright, well, the adoring look Remi turned on Loren was a little too much, especially given that he’d clearly been joking. Still, as the other man chuckled, the summoner felt himself relax slightly. However, it was short lived, as the alchemist gave the Launceleyn a shocked look. ”Yes?” This time, Loren had absolutely no idea why Remi was confused. At least the other man gave the summoner some space.

As he followed the alchemist back towards the Manor, the Launceleyn was surprised by Remi’s question. ”When I compared the two of you you both looked like I had grown a second head.” That, plus the way the other man had said the bard’ name meant that it wasn’t hard to figure out that there was something between the alchemist and the white-haired man.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Being around Loren was like walking on eggshells, and so the alchemist merely shook of his surprise with a quiet, "No, nothing." It probably would end up in some lengthy lecture were Remi to simply express his surprise that Loren knew how to field dress a deer, but not actually hunt one.

"Ahh." Remi said with a hum of understanding, having nearly forgotten about that little oasis-test. It would have been a real surprise to know that Jigano had aired their dirty laundry, to Loren of all people. Ironically, the alchemist's first meeting with the Sage had been entirely because of Loren; there were weeks on end that the alchemist visited the library daily hoping to find the Launceleyn, and it was there he'd first met Jigano. "I suppose you might just say that given how Jigano and I view the world, telling me to be more like him was..." Well. It showed how very little Loren actually knew about the alchemist, if anything.

Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
Not particularly wanting to get into it with Remi again, Loren just shrugged at the alchemist’s response. Whatever was on his mind wasn’t important enough to make a fuss over, not when they were getting along. Sort of. Enough.

The summoner decided not to worry about it too much as he listened to the explanation about Jigano. It wasn’t really much of an explanation. As the other man trailed off, the Launceleyn decided to fill in the blank. ”Was a joke. And that doesn’t really tell me much.” However, it was clear from Loren’s tone that he wasn’t going to press Remi to say more if he didn’t want to.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"It was...a poorly timed joke, I suppose. Not that you could have known. If I was not dealing with...well, Ronin and the rest of it, and Jigano was not blighted, perhaps we might have laughed it off." Colour bloomed in Remi's cheeks as he gave the ground a hard stare.

"Jigano and I did not start on the best of terms, you might say. After only knowing me for a few minutes he accused me of needing to be a hero, of being careless and reckless, and said I would only end up hurting those I loved with my willful ignorance." Or something along those lines. Once upon a time Remi would have said all this bitterly. Now though, he merely laughed with a resigned sort of sigh. "And he was right, though it took me months to see it. More than a year later and we are only just now beginning to be anything like friends, despite all that we have been through together." Remi explained, ever easy with his honesty.

Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren listened to the full explanation without comment. From where he stood, Remi was about to try and be a hero, and it didn’t sit any better with the summoner than it apparently had with Jigano. Still, the Launceleyn had been chastised enough about his own savior complex—and how misguided and dumb he’d been to think he was at all suited for anything during LongNight—that he knew not to say anything on that front. ”I’m sorry. I was trying to cheer you up. And I’m sorry he said all that to you as well.” Maybe, just maybe, Loren was trying to make up for all the terrible things he’d said as well. If so, probably best to make that explicit. ”And I’m sorry for criticizing you. And...everyone else as well.” Gods he had a lot of apologies to make.

And he probably didn’t have enough time or mental fortitude to make them.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
If only the alchemist had the vocabulary to try and carve out a space for himself apart from the hero camp. A plea for altruism, and his own worthlessness that made him an ideal candidate for danger. That had been more once than it was now, but being called a hero had never sat right with him. He did these things because they were the right ones to do, not for the recognition or praise Jigano had once accused him of. Then again, the bard had also said Remi's lashes fluttered too much.

"Don't be. You did not know, and he...was not wrong." Actually, Remi still thought he was on some accounts, though he was learning that that didn't always mean anything. He hadn't thought he was selfish either, but Loren did, and as it turned out, the summoner was right.

Glancing towards the summoner, Remi merely shrugged. Not because he didn't accept the apology, but because he wasn't really sure how to take it. "Once criticism was really all I knew. I was who I was because that was what the world demanded. I had nothing for myself and was told not to want the things I did, but...I was told that was wrong." He didn't glance at Loren, but the look was implied in the way he hitched in a breath of chilly air. " Here I was told I could be and have what I wanted, but have been told how I do that is wrong too." He added with a slight chuckle. "I suppose you are not the only one trying to figure out who you are."

Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
For a long moment, Loren was silent in the face of Remi’s comment about Jigano’s words. ”Just because he might not have been wrong didn’t mean he was right to say it, especially after he just met you. And there’s a way to be critical without being cruel.” Granted, the Launceleyn hadn’t found that way—and the alchemist wasn’t great at it either—but that didn’t make it any less true.

Then the conversation swung to the other man’s experiences, and life, and struggle to know who to be, something Remi acknowledged the Launceleyn struggled with as well. Again, he was quiet for a while. ”When you find out, let me know.” Maybe there’d be some secret or trick the alchemist could impart to Loren. Beyond that, he simply wanted to know who the other man might become. It was all the summoner had ever wanted for Remi, really. Of course, this was assuming they both survived, something that seemed less and less likely the more the Launceleyn thought about it.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Just as it was for Loren, Remi's agreement was hypocritical. Though it stung to know that somehow, from the man he was and strove to be, cruel was now an adjective that he'd acquired. It was more wounding than he let on—than he'd ever let on—and so he merely nodded in silent agreement.

Remi could feel the palpable distance between he and Loren. The unease that lingered preventing them each from saying things they might otherwise have, were they different people. "Maybe I will. Then again, knowing how much you like surprises, maybe I will just let you discover it on your own." The alchemist added with a light laugh, giving Loren a nudge before stepping back to let the summoner open the door to the manor. Carefully pulling at the carcass with as much magic as he could muster so as not to let any blood drip onto the floor, Remi would wait to see where he was led to prepare the meat.

Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
The alchemist’s silence in the face of the Launceleyn’s comment was impossible to interpret. So he didn’t even bother, not wanting to risk another miscommunication. That didn’t mean he would let the other man’s ribbing go. The summoner nudged Remi right back. ”Hey if you want to risk getting hoisted by your own petard again by risking a manticore to the face, that’s on you.” Indeed, they both knew what might happen when Loren got startled, though his voice came out gently teasing, now amused by the whole incident.

Then they arrived at the Manor, and Loren carefully led the way into the kitchen. There was probably a better place to finish butchering the deer, but this would do; he pulled out the various tools they’d need for the task, setting them on the counter. Presumably the alchemist would be just as skilled at this as he was at field dressing, so the Launceleyn made room for the other man.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Petard?" The alchemist asked skeptically, a brow raised as he scanned the pale lines of Loren's face to try and surmise his meaning. His eyes narrowed playfully, not at all feeling embarrassed for his commoner's vocabulary.

Following, Remi eyed his counterpart for a moment as Loren made room for him at the counter. Setting the deer down he glanced at the tools set out for him? them? and pulled in a breath. "So..how long until this stops being awkward, do you think?" He asked with a light chuckle, deciding it best to call a spade a spade rather that continue to dance lightly (and poorly) around the issue. "We both half know each other, have said and done things lately that..were ill-advised, and while I realize that it will all take time and might never be normal, I do not want to feel like I am constantly stepping on your toes." So saying, Remi picked up a foot and indeed stepped on the summoner's toes, should Loren remain where he was.

"There. That done and out of the way. Do you have any idea what you are doing here, or is this up to me?" He asked breezily, with a genuine and chipper smile.

Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
The word was an obscure one, and honestly Loren couldn’t remember the exact definition off the top of his head. It didn’t really matter, though. ”The expression means to get defeated by your own ability, skill, or trap, that sort of thing.” As Remi moved closer, the summoner let out the breath he hadn’t known he was holding. However, perhaps he’d relaxed too soon. ”How long do I, personally, think this will be awkward? Probably forever, but I’m a pessimist. It’s just...another thing we’ll have to get used to, I guess.” He prayed to any god that might be listening that they’d actually survive to get used to it.

As the alchemist physically suited actions to his words, and stepped on the Launceleyn’s toes, the corners of his lips did their twitch again. Still, this wasn’t particularly amusing, and he sighed, rubbing at his eyes wearily. ”I don’t want you to feel that way either. So...what do you need from me, to feel comfortable?” He could promise to provide it, but just knowing what the other man felt about all this might be useful.

Then, however, Remi decided to give Loren a challenge. Although the alchemist couldn’t possibly remember how bad an idea that was, the Launceleyn’s eyebrows rose in response; he’d been a farmer for a while, so yes, he knew how to butcher an animal. Instead of speaking, he just picked up a knife and started carving steaks from the deer’s front shoulders.
loren

Coding base by Sky!