Peaceful Times
Oliver and Sunjata
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
Oliver didn't expect Sunjata to tell him so much, but he still remained respectful and quiet throughout the entire story. He looked at the man as he spoke, rather than drifting off into a space of nothing. It was....a lot to take in. Sunjata had clearly been through quite a lot and Oliver still felt like he was barely scratching the surface of what truly happened. Still, he decided to be alright with what he had. He couldn't say he was happy Jata had shared so much, especially when it clearly caused many relationship problems.

Thinking before he spoke, Oliver made sure to still look at Sunjata, despite the fact that the other man seemed to be looking anywhere but at him. "Damn...that's a lot. I'm sorry that things had to be so overwhelming for you and for the others." He had far more opinions on the subject, many indeed.

"Is....are we brought here at a specific moment in time for a reason? Are we even chosen or is it more of an accident?" It made him feel bad to ask questions at this moment, but Oliver felt that he needed them answered to fully give his opinion. Otherwise it come out rude or even more incorrect.

"It sounds so complicated. I just...I hope that you and Phoebe can work things out, I really do. If you liked her enough to get into a relationship with her, then clearly she must be an amazing person. I already know that you're great so....I just hope that things get better." Though, he still had many things he left unsaid. Many opinions that he knew sharing wouldn't exactly be wise.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SuNjATA
the flood
Overwhelming was just the starting point, it seemed. And while Sunjata hasn’t divulged all the information, the reason he is the way that he is, he’s done it enough to give Oliver an idea. And so he nods to the other man in response, spending a few moments longer thinking on what he’s said before Oliver’s question catches his steel gaze. “I don’t know, really. Never got the chance to ask.” He says with a wry smile. “I woke up one morning in a house I had been staying at, walked into the kitchen and suddenly was here.” He snorts before shaking his head.

But then Oliver starts to go on about Phoebe, and he chews on his lip absentmindedly, looking away from the blond once more to scan the snow covered fields. “Uh well, I didn’t exactly make things better.” But he pauses as he hears Oliver mention that he thinks he’s great and his gaze snaps back to the blond man with a small smile. “Thanks.” He’s not entirely sure how to take the compliment, but he does his best anyway.

He clears his throat then and focuses a small amount on Oliver while he explains it. “So, I’m not with her anymore. I’m with Lusea.” He resists the urge to add I think, before continuing. “But I might have told Phoebe when I was drunk that I still loved her, but that I wouldn’t choose her? And well, we agreed that I should keep my distance.” His shoulders rise and fall in a small shrug at that and his eyes drift from Oliver back out into the snowy expanse.
a little rebellion
now and then
is a good thing
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
Letting out a wince, Oliver looked away ever so briefly. "I dont know if that's better than you know, not remembering anything." Would he rather remember being ripped away from his original world or not have a clue who he once was? Oliver wasn't exactly sure. Maybe he'd like to know what things he was good at or his talents. That'd be good...

Sunjata continued on, explaining even more. Once again, Oliver felt bad. He wasn't exactly sure how to put his thoughts into words. Certainly, he still had many opinions. He didn't understand why they were being so complicated, but then again, romance was involved. People do stupid things when they're in love...or in lust. Oliver certainly had experience with the latter.

"I mean....you and Phoebe wont be able to avoid each other for good, you know that....right? Eventually, you will need to meet back up." He shook his head and looked back at Sunjata, smiling slightly. "Things will get better, I know they will. I mean, I've met Phoebe. She let me stay in the hospital wing. She was great. You are also incredible, Jata. I know you both can overcome this eventually." He did have quite a few other opinions, but they were far more aggressive and not exactly uplifting.

"Romance is weird as hell. We do weird things. I don't know, but I think you could still maybe come to the temple. Just not talk with her. I mean, I'll be there. There will be fun things to do. You wont have to think about her." Well, he should probably add on one last thing to his statement. "However, your happiness is what matters the most. Same for Phoebe and Lusea."
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
He hums a light laugh toward Oliver at the comment about Phoebe. He’s not naive enough to think that he can avoid the midwife entirely, but when it comes to being indoors for an entire week when there’s another option that the midwife won’t be at? He’ll take that one. It’s the least he can do at the end, regardless of what other people think.

That and he’s pretty sure he doesn’t want Lusea to use her magic on him again.

So he shakes his head lightly. “I can’t avoid her entirely, no, but I can try to. It’s what I told her I’d do.” He offers with another shrug. “It's what I told Lusea I’d do too.” He offers before looking back at Oliver. “And she is nice. A very caring person. But I’m not the type of person she wants me to be, nor do I really want to be I think, at the end of the day.” He manages, until he pauses again and offers the blond a smile.

Thanks Ollie. You’re pretty great yourself.” He says, giving the man a playful wink, returning to old habits when it comes to receiving compliments. But regardless, he contemplates the question before sighing lightly and reaching over to pat Oliver’s shoulder, should the other man allow it, and he shakes his head again.

You could come to the Guild, you know? Nobody says you have to stay at the Temple. But if I go there, I will think about her. And I just… Don’t need to be put in a situation like that again.” He mentions with a light hum of thought from his accented voice.
a little rebellion
now and then
is a good thing
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Sunjata...did have a point. Kinda. Oliver felt some sympathy for the man and everything that they were dealing with. Perhaps he shouldn't have forced the man to talk so much, really. "You know...you aren't doing as bad as you think. I mean, all of you guys are dealing with this in a very mature manner. I mean, you came to an agreement. It could be a lot worse." Oliver was trying his best to keep positive, pointing out some positives, hopefully. He knew he didn't like how Jata was speaking about himself, but he could work on that later.

"You know...the Voice brings us here, right? Maybe they know something that we don't know about. They may have a plan and chose to bring Lusea here at that exact moment in your life for a reason. I know it's hard, I cant even begin to understand how you feel...but who knows. The Voice has their reasons and maybe something good will come out of this." Oliver tried to look at the brightside of anything. Plus, maybe now that he had voiced his trust in the god, he would finally receive a response at a shrine. That could be why the last time he had been ignored.

It did feel good to receive a compliment in return from Jata, it made him smile. "Thank you Jata, but don't discount yourself. You're doing great. A shitty person wouldn't have rescued me from the snow, nor would he have offered me some furs.". It was true in Oliver's mind. Jata had been nothing but sweet to him and it just made him feel all happy and bubbly inside.

At the offer of going to the guild for LongNight, Oliver let out a shrug before sighing. "I don't know...I helped out so much...and I'm not sure. I already have been a massive burden on Remi and I didn't even help him with preparations. I don't think he or my husband would be too happy with me going there." The only thing that would make Oliver pick the Guild over the Temple was the idea of spending time with Remi and Sunjata, being around the two people who had helped him initially. Then again, he didn't have much of a reason for going to the temple either.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
Oh it could be worse, definitely.” He admits with a louder chuckle. “Could get my dick cut off.” It’s meant as a joke, but there’s a small degree of seriousness to it, that it’s not something Sunjata wishes to find out. But he talks about the Voice, and Sunjata listens before he nods. “I’m not sure. Maybe we’re meant to explore, to add to this world with our varying… experiences? It’s all a bit strange to begin with.” His head tilts slightly as he contemplates it.

I met Safrin recently, actually, after I left the Guild when Remi and I found you.” His gaze dances over toward Oliver with a slightly raised brow. “Was a bit too distracted to actually ask why we’re all here.” He snorts, thinking back to the goddess and the stars, the kiss and the feathers.

But Oliver compliments him, and Sunjata returns the favor just enough for Ollie to continue on the tangent, and Sunjata focuses on the words with a small crooked smile. “I guess so. Feels more like painting over the black stains of my past rather than being a good person. But I appreciate it.” He says honestly, truthfully, as genuine as he’s probably said anything. “Those are some pretty nice furs.” He jests with another wink, the crooked roguish smile returning.

At the comment of whether Remi would want him there, Sunjata shakes his head. “I don’t think they know or care how many people will be coming. There’s tons of us outlanders, tons of naturals that all have to go somewhere. If it’s up on the notice board, people will show.” He shrugs easily before letting his steel eyes harden playfully on Oliver. “Besides, I didn’t tell Remi I’m going there. It’s not invite only.
a little rebellion
now and then
is a good thing
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
When Sunjata mentioned that he actually met one of the gods, there was a glimmer of hope in Oliver's wide eyes. "Wait- wait wait. You met Safrin? What did you do to get her to appear? I-I personally went to a shrine, I brought an offering. Nobody responded...so could you help me? Tell me what I need to bring or do to get them to respond to me?"

On the downside, Sunjata still seemed to be super into putting himself down. No matter how many times Oliver tried to tell him that he was an incredible human being and that anyone who had met him was lucky, the other man just kept refusing. Still, it did make Oliver feel slightly better that he had accepted his compliment. "The furs are gorgeous and super comfy, thank you." He said with a small laugh, trying to hide that Oliver really just wanted Sunjata to be happy and accept that he was a good person.

He still felt uncomfortable with the idea of cramming himself into the guild. Maybe he already felt attached to the temple due to the amount of work he had done or maybe he wanted to be near a shrine. Who knows. "Well....what are the differences in the two of them? Do you know if the guild has done any preparations?" There had to be more differences than the shrine and who was going where.

Honestly...it would be hard to say. As much as Oliver wanted to spend time with Sunjata, it sounded like he'd be spending a lot of time with his girlfriend...or lover....or whatever they were. Would it even be worth it if he would just be all alone anyways?
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
At Oliver’s sudden burst of questions, Sunjata focuses on him with a dark raised brow. “I mean, sometimes they show. Sometimes they don’t.” He admits thoughtfully before tilting his head. “She’s wonderful, though. I showed up and asked if there was a way to become attuned, and she said there was. So I asked her to make me one.” He recalls, a glimmer of amusement in his eye. “She kissed me and I became a bird.” A louder laugh leaves him before he shakes his head and gives Oliver a wry look.

I can take you there sometime. I’m not sure what I did to get her or Frey to appear, but we can try again?” He asks, a question to the blond man. Probably before Longnight, before the situation changes.

Still, he gives Oliver a knowing look in response to the furs. They are lovely. Ezra and Adam has quite a hand in how he was outfitted, not having much of a style of his own like he used to. At least these worked, and they looked fairly nice. “The guild has prepared pretty well. I live not far from there, have walked by while they worked on it. Walls and what not are reinforced. Seems pretty good to me.” He offers with a light smile sent Oliver’s way.
a little rebellion
now and then
is a good thing
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
It didn't entirely reassure Oliver too much, but it made him better to know that they don't always appear. Whether or not that was because of his offering, he couldn't be too sure. Oliver absolutely wanted a response, to see one. This was only increased when Sunjata started talking about what happened between him and Safrin. With wide eyes, Oliver listened intensely to his story. When he finished, Oliver had quite a lot to say. "I'd be so happy if you took me!" That of course had to be said first. Oliver was overjoyed that someone who had met two of their gods had offered to go with him. Maybe he'd get a response for sure?

Still, he had many questions. "So...attuned are the people who can turn into animals. Did you choose to become a bird?" He also wanted to ask what it was like to kiss a god, but chose not to as that was probably a bit too much information. Besides, he and Sunjata weren't quite close enough to be talking in detail about how a particular person was at kissing...were gods considered people?

It was nice to know that the Guild was equally prepared, but Oliver still felt lost on which one he should go to. Nibbling on his lip, Oliver scrunched up his eyebrows as he thought. "I'm...not sure where I want to go now. I don't know yet..." It sucks that he only has two people he could barely consider friends. Sure, Loren was nice and all, but Oliver wouldn't exactly call the dude his friend. He couldn't even tell if the guy was excited to see him!

It sucks that he was so attached to Sunjata and Remi. The two were great people, but he still barely knew them. They were simply the people he knew the absolute most. "Where would you want me to go?"
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
If Sunjata’s being honest, he’s not exactly expecting as cheerful of a reaction – but he still manages to smile to Oliver regardless of it. “Sure.” He snorts, nodding his head along with the idea of it. Perhaps then they could find out what he is. What their purpose here is. Whatever questions Oliver might have. But Oliver asks more questions, mentioning the races, and Sunjata nods once more. “Attuned can turn into animals. And no, I didn’t get to choose. She just… Pulled away and I was what I was.” A chuckle leaves him as he shakes his head to that.

Accepted are what I was, I guess. Nothing special like I mentioned before.” He pauses thoughtfully. “Abandoned are ones with magic. Like Lusea. And then there’s the Ascended, that aren’t quite… Like us. Their blood isn’t like ours, they can’t feel pain, but that’s about as far as I know.” He mentions, recalling Lucas and everything the man had about him in regards to the Ascended. But he’s fairly unaware of it all if he’s being honest.

He doesn’t seem to mind too much, being Attuned now and all that. But he does hope he has a bit more of a fiercer next skin, rather than a macaw.

His head tilts toward Oliver as he thinks over the Guild as a possible place to stay, and when Ollie pins him with the question Sunjata’s brows lift in silent surprise. “I mean… Ultimately it’s up to you. Where would you rather be? I can’t make that decision for you.” His shoulders rise and fall in a light shrug at it, eyes scanning Oliver’s face briefly to see what his inclination might be.
a little rebellion
now and then
is a good thing
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
It seemed so magical. To kiss a god and then all of a sudden you can turn into a bird. Maybe once LongNight ended, Oliver could do the same. Afterall, Sunjata was an accepted, which he is himself. It seemed perfect, really. He could do something great and actually be helpful. It's kind of hard to be helpful when you lack any talents and don't have any special abilities. Even the gods ignored him.

When Sunjata started to go into detail about the different races, Oliver listened intently. While he already had figured out some of this, it was nice to hear all of it in one fluid conversation. It still made Oliver a bit sad when Sunjata called the Accepted nothing special. It only seemed to solidify that Oliver was just boring and lacking any memory only made it worse. Pushing that aside, he made sure to remember all the different race terms, that way he could better identify people, maybe. "Yeah...I've met an ascended....they're super interesting."Interesting was certainly one way to put it. Thankfully, the cold helped to mask the fact that he was blushing at the thought. "Guess I'm an accepted. Since I haven't turned into a fox or anything...and you don't see me making coats appear out of nowhere."

Sunjata wasn't exactly being the most helpful. Sure, he helped to explain to Oliver the different races and had even offered to take him to a shrine, but he still hadn't helped Oliver to decide where he was going to stay. A frown had formed once again on his face as he folded his arms, clearly in thought. "Well...I still want your opinion. Do you want me to go to the guild? Or do you think I'll be safer in the temple?" Would Sunjata put up with being stuck in a cramped space with Oliver for a week?

"Better yet, what are the differences? Like, I know in the temple we will all mostly be in one gigantic room. Is that going to be the same for the guild? Or will I be able to have some private time to myself." What that meant Oliver sure as hell wasn't going to tell Sunjata anytime soon. He simply had some...possible plans in mind.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
Sunjata nods in response to Oliver, a light hum of laughter leaving him at the comment. Interesting was certainly one way to put it – though he doesn’t have much information on what they’re truly like in ways that aren’t business related. He met Samuel, Rexanna, and of course worked for Lucas. But… Other than that, no real idea or connection with any of them. He hadn’t stayed long to find out.

As Oliver mentions he’s accepted, Sunjata shrugs to that too. “I just kind of assume most people are until they prove otherwise?” He admits thoughtfully. “I thought Lusea was too, until she used magic. She didn’t know she had it either until that point.” For a moment he shivers, a light tremble to his hand as he recalls when she had shown it and his gaze slips from Oliver for that moment, to look out over the expanse and blow out a puff of air. Pushing it down, down, down, where he doesn’t need to think about that particularly scenario anymore.

Luckily Oliver asks him for his opinion, and his head tilts as he messes with the sleeve of his jacket, considering. He doesn’t know what to tell Oliver, it’s not a decision that he can make. And while he might have been the face of the revolution in Korofi, he was not the one to make the decisions. He just followed the orders. As he always had done. But the blond man goes on, asking what the differences were, referencing private times that causes him to raise a brow. “I imagine they all will have rooms for people to sleep in.” He snorts lightly. "Or with." He adds with a slightly louder chuckle, wondering who this mysterious person was he planned to stay in the room with.

Might need to take turns and rotate, but I’m sure there’s room in both.” It’s an unhelpful answer, but truth be told Sunjata hadn’t thought about it much. While the man had spent plenty of time in cramped places in Korofi, it was quite a bit larger there in general than Caido had been. And with it, Sunjata finds himself to be quite tall compared to the rest of those around. “You’ve been to both, what do you think about them? At least at the Temple there’s the college, the infirmary, the Rathskeller to get wasted at and forget about it all…” He hums lightly in consideration. “But at the Guildhall, I mean, you’ve been there. I’m sure it has the same, but there’s no infirmary there. Just… People there to help I guess?” Steel eyes look over to scan Oliver’s face with a raised brow.
a little rebellion
now and then
is a good thing
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Oh if only Sunjata knew. However...does he really need to know? Does anyone need to know? Sure, Oliver would share his experiences with the ascended if asked, but he wouldn't go skipping down the street announcing to everyone that he got bitten in an alleyway. It did make Oliver feel nice to know that Sunjata assumed everyone was accepted. Nice? Was that the word? It made him feel less bad about being boring. A small part of him considered that he could have magic...but that was a massive leap of faith. "I guess I'll never know, huh? Or maybe the gods could tell me...maybe."

Sunjata seemed semi willing to answer his questions, but not without clearly picking up on Oliver's plans. What could he say. A lot of people here were super attractive. If one hot guy were to be nice to him and offer, maybe he'd just say yes. If Amun showed up...Oliver wouldn't even be sure on what he'd do. His face most likely reflected his particular thoughts, even if his words said otherwise. "Well...this is hard then." And we weren't talking about his dick.

"I think....the guild feels more like a home. More like a place I could grab a blanket and sit next to the fire, telling stories or singing songs..." Woah. Hold up. Where did that idea come from. The look on Oliver's face should show his shock at what he had just said. It wasn't something he remembered, but he once again knew the idea of it. Shaking his head, he continued on. "But you are right, the infirmary will be at the temple. Plus, there's also a shrine, where we could pray to the gods if we need to." Gods why was this so hard to decide.

If he weren't out in the snow, Oliver most likely would've laid down. The snow also wasn't helping him to think any better. And it also didn't help that Sunjata still had answered the most important question: would he want Oliver around.

"I'm....I'm not sure."He genuinely seemed troubled. It should be a simple thing to decide, yet he was struggling. "I wish I just knew for sure where everyone else was going..." Why cant this be easy. Why cant Sunjata just bluntly tell him where to go since clearly, Oliver cant decide himself.

"I don't know. I really don't. Cant we flip a coin and decide that way?" Oh wait. They don't have any fucking money there. Great.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
Mhm.” He begins, clearing his throat. “You’ll see eventually, I imagine.” He offers after a moment. “Lusea’s showed up during an… emotional time.” He shrugs, as he tries to swallow the memory down once more. Once he was sure it wouldn’t redden his face, wouldn’t make him crave another cigarette for the time being, he spends the next few moments chewing on the inside of his lip, giving Oliver a nod when he mentions it was hard.

But he begins to explain the differences between the two, a shocked look crossing over his pale face that Sunjata’s steel eyes capture, a light tilt to his head as if it were a memory that had just reappeared. The corner of his lip quirks up in a light smile as he regards Oliver with the realization, before the other man passes by it. Perhaps he’s trying to swallow the resurfaced memory down, too? Sunjata doesn’t really know, nor does he ask.

I wish I knew that answer too.” He snorts with agreement. It would certainly help him prepare more, but no. He’s just about as much in the dark as everyone else was. He wouldn’t know until the day came when they all had to funnel into the room and forget the outdoors existed for a dark, long week. As for which place is better to go? He doesn't really know that either. He can't tell Oliver with certainty which would be more comfortable. But when Oliver asks to flip a coin, that’s something Sunjata hasn’t heard in a long while, and he pins Oliver with a rogue look and chuckle. “Well, we might be able to figure that out.” He raises a brow in quiet thought before he looks away from Oliver.

He pulls the scarves down from his neck, the furs, revealing more of his compass tattoos along the side of his neck as he reaches for a necklace he had recently started wearing. Something likely swiped, made, found. He doesn’t really know, he just knows someone had left it at the Devil’s Advocates, and Sunjata was somewhat partial to it. He lifts it from the warmth of being beside his chest, pulling it over his head and undoing the clasp to pull the charm off of it.

It’s flat, a disk shape, with a design on one side and flat metal on the other. Looking back over toward Oliver, he gives him a light grin. “Alright, so the design can be heads… We’ll say that’s the Temple. The flat side is the Guild.” He waits to see if Oliver is in agreement or not, before he inhales and leans forward, folding his legs beneath him as he sets it up and flips the disk. Steel eyes follow it into the air with precision before it comes back down and he grabs it with one hand, bringing it down to the slightly scar flecked hand that had flipped it.

Removing his hand, the design side is up. “Hmm, well. Temple it is?” He tilts his head toward Oliver, gaze lifting up toward the blond man’s face.
a little rebellion
now and then
is a good thing