Peaceful Times
Oliver and Sunjata
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
It didn't take a genius to notice that Sunjata felt bad when he spoke about whatever happened with Lusea. If she was emotional then...something bad must've happened, right? Jata didn't exactly look all that okay. Oliver leaned a bit closer to the man and attempted to wrap an arm around him in order to comfort him. Hopefully, his small act of affection wouldn't be rejected. Everyone needed a hug sometimes and this was the closest they could get with them sitting outside in the snow.

"On the bright side, we all get to know each other a lot better?" Oliver said with a small laugh. He had to look towards the positive as much as he could, otherwise they'd all just be a bunch of sad potatoes laying around for a week. "Plus, maybe we could come up with some fun games. Maybe the art guild will bring some arts and crafts for us to do while we wait around. I remember this one game where we had colored chips and then...." he paused for a moment with a frown. "I don't remember what happens next...oh well."

Of course as Sunjata started to take off his scarf, Oliver watched rather intently. Looking at him as he removed the necklace and proceeded to flip it. And....gave a result Oliver forced himself not to frown at. It was his initial idea...but now he wouldn't be with Sunjata for sure. "Looks like we are gonna have to make the most out of today...we could have fun. Drink some coffee inside by a fire. Visit a shrine...just enjoy ourselves." Oliver didn't want to say it, but he did imply the fact that it could be the last day they spent together. Oliver had heard of the warnings, that people died during LongNight...and knowing that this could be the last day he ever saw Sunjata hurt his heart.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SuNjATA
the flood
If Sunjata’s being completely honest, he’s surprised at the arm that Oliver offers around his middle. He stiffens for a brief moment in his surprise before simply letting the other man embrace him in an attempt to comfort him, and he gives Oliver a slight half smile as his own quiet form of a thank you. At the comment, however, he nods with a small amount of contemplation. “I suppose so.” He agrees, shoulders rising and falling in a shrug.

Sunjata isn’t exactly the optimistic type, but he can feign it for a decent amount before he dwells on it longer than he needs to. So he tries to give Oliver that semblance that things would be fine, knowing that over Longnight he would be fine. Because neither of them had experienced it, neither of them knew what it was like, what the monsters that came out to play were like, and he finds that it’s that unknowing that makes it difficult to determine what the best course of action is.

Safety in numbers, right? And Sunjata had already decided on a place, that unfortunately Oliver would be missing out on based off of the ‘coin flip’. In the meantime, however, he focuses on the game that Oliver describes with a light tilt to his head. “Poker?” He suggests, wondering if the word might bring a memory back to the blond man’s mind.

Even if it doesn’t, at least he’s tried.

And when he flips the coin and the result is the Temple, he gives Oliver a slightly apologetic smile. “We could do that, yeah. Maybe see if anything else brings some memories back to you?” His head tilts with the question before he stretches his legs out before him on the ratted blanket Oliver had found, before he stands to his full height, stretching his back out and reaching up to put the necklace back on, tucking it under the scarves and furs.
a little rebellion
now and then
is a good thing
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
Ah yeah. Maybe Oliver shouldn't have hugged Sunjata...oh well. Maybe they could do a proper hug, eventually. It'd be nice to let their friendship grow...hopefully LongNight wouldn't ruin that for the two of them. Oliver couldn't feel the same way that Sunjata did. He heard what happened during LongNight. That people died, got attacked. That they had to prepare to the extreme otherwise a monster would burst in a rip them all limb from limb and-

Yeah. Oliver had a couple of nightmares already, his brain creating monsters since he didn't know what a single one of them looked like. Oliver didn't want to risk having them die and if they were going to die, he wanted to enjoy their time together. To not worry too much about death and just enjoy his time with Sunjata. Create good memories.

Trying to shake away these thoughts, Oliver shook his head. "Not sure...poker rings a bell? But I'm not sure. I'll just try things out and see if any of them bring back my memories." Oliver was desperate for any memories, even if they were silly games he used to play. It probably wasn't healthy, not in the slightest, but it was what he held onto tightly.

Once Sunjata had stood up, Oliver gathered up his furs and stood up himself. Hopefully Sunjata wouldn't mind him moving on to put the furs on his shoulders. It made him feel warm, especially on his neck. Reaching down, Oliver gathered the blanket and folded up. The yarn was folded up into it, that way that he could easy keep up with it and not worry about losing it.

"Lead the way, we can go wherever. You know this place way better than I do." Oliver didn't want to spend the day being sad. Hopefully him and Jata could enjoy themselves and be happier, create memories to remember throughout the terror that is LongNight.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
That’s a good place to start.” He agrees easily, giving Oliver a bright smile in response. But even if the other man didn’t remember much, it’s not like it mattered in Caido anyway. Afterall, there were new experiences to be had. There wasn’t ever any snow in Korofi, and when he came to Caido he had no idea what it even was. And now having experienced it, he’s realized how much he detests the stuff and misses the insufferable heat of the summer sun.

But he’s standing now, and he watches as Oliver situates the furs and grabs the blanket and yarn, telling him to lead the way. And so Sunjata does, hands stuffing into his pockets as he takes the lead away from the fields toward the Settlement. He’s not sure where to go, but surely the Temple has some good places to go and hang out in. And after all, they’ve all been a part of it’s construction and reinforcement for Longnight and what may come.

Temple?” He asks, steel eyes sliding over toward Oliver with a raised brow.
a little rebellion
now and then
is a good thing
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
For a while, Oliver remains relatively silent, simply following Sunjata. He wants to enjoy the moment, savor in the calm before the storm. The cold already make things eerie, and he can feel a tension in the air caused by the foreboding LongNight. It isn't a very good feeling, not at all. It also doesn't help that he has to come to terms with the fact that this may be his last time with Sunjata....but they'd be okay, right? Sunjata would be safe and so would he.

Oliver was snapped out of his thoughts and he stumbled over his words, clearly still in a bit of a daze. "Um...yeah, yeah. That works fine with me." He nodded, looking over at Sunjata. The Temple could be a good place for them to rest and unwind.

"Once LongNight ends, we should do this again. You know, go out to the field and just relax. Maybe next time you wont have to lend me your furs." Oliver said with a smile. Sunjata did have a habit of lending Oliver furs to use.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
Sunjata nods to Oliver back. The Temple had many a thing to do, the Rathskeller for drinks and chats, the Atheneum for books to read and couches to sit upon, the Infirmary – a place he’ll whole heartedly avoid unless absolutely necessary. The options were basically limitless, and since they had worked together to fix it up, they could at least reinspect the work they had done. It seems as solid a plan as any, for a man that didn’t really ever have a plan – just floating along place to place, even to event.

Oliver’s comment draws a smirk to Sunjata’s face as he looks back over toward the blonde man. “It should warm up, at least I hope it does.” He says with a slight pout to his face. “It never snowed where I’m from, and I hate how cold it is. That’s why I have so many furs all the time.” He tells Oliver with a playful wink before he hums a quiet laugh. “I hate being cold.
a little rebellion
now and then
is a good thing
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Unlike Sunjata, Oliver didn't exactly know all of the options available at the Temple. Most of his experience came from him aimlessly wandering around the building or what little time he had spent there already. He hadn't exactly paid a whole lot of attention back when he was fortifying the building, a bit too busy focusing on listening for squeaky floorboards. Still, he kind of knew what they had to offer and it sounded like a good time for him and Jata.

"If it doesn't warm up then...I don't know what I'm going to do." Oliver shook his head before continuing. "Remi did a great job with my clothes, but I know I look a lot better when I'm not wearing a massive coat." The man liked looking attractive and he certainly didn't feel all that confident in the coat. Even if he had managed to grab the attention of one person he still wanted to look decently attractive.

"I think it used to snow back from I'm from...I think. I mean, I came wearing boots so who knows?" He let out a shrug, trying to be a lot more casual and relaxed. "They better have some hot drinks there...or some alcohol. Or anything to drink."
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
He chuckles toward Oliver at the comment, his laughter a deep rumble as he gives the blonde man a wry look. “Freeze to death?” He tilts his head with the question, a snort leaving him. “I think I might. I was not made for this weather.” A small admission, as his gaze drifts to look toward the snowy paths of grasses slowly becoming the walkway to the Temple. “I do enjoy my coats but much prefer shirts to wearing all these layers.” He shrugs in addition. In reality, he can recall someone commenting along the lines of never wearing a shirt, though he can’t recall anymore if that was here in Caido or back in Korofi.

Doesn’t matter much, now does it?

They near the Temple, and he can see it way off in the distance as he listens to Oliver. “Ah, I came in wearing boots too, but you’d basically never catch me without them.” He offers. Mostly because of the flooding in Korofi, while it hadn’t snowed, it at least helped against the puddles and mini rivers that grew in the streets after only a few minutes of rainfall. Regardless, he shrugs at it, focusing his footsteps toward the Rathskeller. “Ah, so the Rathskeller should be the place to go then?” He says, trying to guide Oliver toward it. Something warm, some food, something to relieve the chill in their bones.
a little rebellion
now and then
is a good thing
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
With a playful eye roll, Oliver shook his head. "I know I'll need a brand new wardrobe once it warms up. Luckily, I can actually start to barter with people for some new clothes." Also, Jata did have some super nice coats. Oliver would ask him where he got them, but he'd probably just be told 'oh, insert person just made them appear' and it seemed a bit weird for him to go to someone just for clothes...or something like that. "Well, if any of your coats don't fit anymore, you can absolutely give them to me." Even though Jata was almost a solid foot taller than him and the coats most likely wouldn't fit him.

"I must agree, layers are annoying. I'd rather just wear one layer than you know, fifty." Oliver hoped that the other months wouldn't be too bad. Hopefully he'd be able to wear shorter sleeved outfits.

Oliver followed after him towards the Rathskeller. "Sounds good. How do we pay for the drinks and stuff?" He knew that bartering was used in the market place, but how would they handle the bar? "Also they better have some food because man...I need to eat something warm." Then again, when was he not hungry?
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
He snorts in response to Oliver, agreeing that a new wardrobe would be necessary. He had to do it when Deepfrost hit, because all of his clothes had been geared around the more summery months, when it had been hot and warm, and mostly thin button up shirts were what he typically wore, sleeves rolled up to his elbows. Now, covered in layers of furs and leathers, he feels as though he looks quite a bit larger than he actually is.

I’ll keep that in mind.” He rumbles to Oliver with a hum of a chuckle. “And yeah, takes forever to take them all off and to put them all back on.” He says with a dramatic sigh, veering toward the Rathskeller with Oliver at his side. “Mostly by trades and what not. But I know Ezra so we’ll get a deal regardless who’s working.” He says knowingly, some confidence and arrogance settling within him at it as they walk through the door.

Plenty of food too.” He assures Oliver, while his eyes adjust to the darkened light. He moves straight through toward a table off in the corner near the bar but still shadowed and hidden – one of his favorite spots, actually. And he settles in, pulling the furs and leathers from his person to set along the back of the chair before he settles in it. “What do you want?” He asks with a tilt to his head, unsure if Oliver even drank, or if he only wanted food.
a little rebellion
now and then
is a good thing
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Unfortunately, Oliver had nothing on him other than the clothes on his back. Luckily, Sunjata seemed extremely confident in his ability to get them some free food and drinks. If not then...looks like he'd be offering up his labor. It was nice to have a person with an inside source....or something like that. It made Oliver feel a bit better about them coming in without anything to offer.

Picking up the furs from his shoulders, Oliver removed the coat and draped it over the back of the chair. Then, he placed the furs back on his shoulders. As warm as it was inside, he wanted to keep a bit of the fur on him. Besides, he probably looked super attractive like this and it's always a great idea to look attractive in a bar.

"Uh...I actually have absolutely no idea what they have here." For once he sounded a bit confident about knowing absolutely nothing. "How about you get me what your favorite things are. Both drink and food wise. I'll trust you to pick something out good." Then he wouldn't have to stress about actually deciding.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
Leaning back in his chair, he stretches out one of his long legs, arms resting on the arm rests of the chair as he glances over to Oliver, listening while he mentions he doesn’t know what they have here. It’s fair, he didn’t know the first time he showed up too, but that can change easily. At the suggestion though, a crooked smirk crosses Sunjata’s face at that. “I hope you’re hungry.

That being said, he raises a scar flecked arm to the bartender – not Ezra this time, but still a familiar face to the Devil’s Advocate – mentioning something along the lines of the usual, before he settles in and rests that same hand on the table, fingers tapping idly along the wood, to some form of music playing in the background. It doesn’t take long for the drinks to arrive, and while the Rathskeller doesn’t have much, it does have some okay red wine.

There’s a few other kinds of drink here, but most common is the wine.” He offers, raising his glass to his lips and taking a deep drink of it before setting it on the table and leaning forward a bit. “And watch out for the spiders, they’ll go for the wine if you aren’t looking.” He adds, gesturing with a hand to the bar where a rather fat wine spider sips from a plate of the very same wine.
a little rebellion
now and then
is a good thing
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
"You bet your ass I'm hungry." A wide grin had formed on his face as he eagerly waited for the return of...whatever the usual was. Oliver couldn't quite remember alcohol types, but as soon as the glass was placed down in front of him, realization dawned on him. Wine. It wasn't his typical choice no, but he had it on small occasions. Yes. When he drank it, typically it wasn't something he had chosen to purchase.

Eagerly, he picked up the glass and listened to Sunjata explain how wine was a common thing at the Rathskeller. As he tipped the glass up to his lips to take a nice drink of the wine, Sunjata continued to speak. Whilst continuing to try and drink the wine, his eyes landed on one fat spider and boy was Oliver not ready for it.

His eyes had widened dramatically and he started coughing as he attempted to carefully set down the glass. Luckily, nothing bad happened with the glass and nothing had spilled out of it, however, he was now violently coughing and somehow, some wine had indeed made it's way out of his nose. He couldn't even dare look towards the spider, he was too busy trying to calm himself down after thinking about the fat spider soaking in his wine glass.

He'd absolutely need some napkins.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
It’s a challenge that Oliver responds with, and Sunjata can’t help but to appreciate that much – despite the fact the man looks stick thin. Perhaps he can put a decent amount of food down? He’s sure he’ll find out. Regardless, it does nothing as Sunjata leans forward to point out the spider that’s quite a distance away, and letting his steel eyes slip back toward Oliver as the man starts coughing.

And of course, Sunjata can’t help but to laugh at the sight. He leans back from the table then, reaching to one of the empty ones behind him for a towel of sorts, handing it to Oliver while he continues to snicker at the reaction. “They’re pretty friendly, actually.” He offers between breathy chuckles. “I wouldn’t worry about them.” Perhaps he would, perhaps he wouldn’t. Sunjata personally wasn’t a fan of spiders, but he’d dealt with more than enough scorpions back in Korofi, and found those ones infinitely more annoying.

That and the sting sucked.

Before long, hopefully once Oliver had cleaned up, their food arrives. Since it’s winter, it’s nothing really fancy. Just enough to keep people full and warm throughout winter – it’s a stew of sorts, with deer and lentils, some herbs, a bit of cheese. The bowls are steaming when they arrive, and Sunjata leans back slightly to watch as they get put before them. “It’s hard in winter, foods much better in the other months when the farms are still pretty active.” He tells Oliver. Because his usual there was typically whatever they had available. That’s how it usually went, anyway.

And besides, Sunjata, despite his noble upbringing, had learned to eat just about anything in order to survive.
a little rebellion
now and then
is a good thing