Personal Quest deep roots are not reached by the frost
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5225
His hooves crunched lightly over the hard-packed snow of the settlement paths, tail flagged and neck arched as he pulled the sled and its precious cargo, prancing just a little as he showed off and let Amalia's laughter lift his spirits on their rounds. It became a game, seeing how fast he could race with his burden and still manage to stop in time and turn the corners without sending Amalia or the boxes flying while she managed the weight on the sled to keep it from overturning.

Well... they mostly kept it from overturning.

He caught the boxes sliding off the side of the sled out of the corner of his eye, but they were close enough to the Guild that he snorted an apology and kept going, slowing to a stop in front of the steps to let Amalia off. Human hands were better made for loading and unloading, and a surreptitious shift later he was carrying boxes to the door for Amalia and whoever else was handy to bring them further in. "I've got them!" He called in behind Amalia's reassurance, chuckling as he tugged the sled back with human hands until he found the casualties - and a handful of curious people looking them over. With a wave and a grin he enlisted a little help in getting the sled loaded up again and this time pulled it back on two legs instead of four, at a much more sedate pace to finish the final load of lights for the longest night.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
amun
The curly-haired man was cute, and the Ascended sent a wink his way. ”Very scared. Thankfully, I have a big strong man to protect me.” Yes, he saw the ring on the other man’s finger, but that had never stopped the potter before. Then, though, the other man piled sacks high in his arms, before more floated in his wake. Amun grinned at the sight. ”Neat trick.” Seemed he’d get his wish, and wouldn’t have to do the bulk of the work.

As the other nudged open a trapdoor in the kitchen, the Ascended licked his lips. ”I’m sure you’ll catch me if I fall, Curly” Maybe that wasn’t the best nickname for the stranger, but the potter would see curly-haired man’s reaction first.

Then they both descended into the cellar, and the Ascended looked over the contents. He had no trouble seeing in the gloom, obviously. Now, Amun used to take his sustenance mostly from the moon. However, he’d also used to spend quite a bit of time on boats, so he knew how to preserve food for the rest of the sailors. And from what he could tell from the cellar, very little of this food was prepared to last.

Setting his sack down near the front, he walked deeper into the cellar. ”Got any salt? I imagine you all don’t want all of this to spoil.” It wouldn’t a difference to the potter, but everyone else starving would be sad. Luckily, after poking inside a few sacks, he found the white crystals, and started the long, arduous, and annoying process of preserving the food. ”We could also pickle some of this, smoke some of the meat, and make jams out of the fruit.” Anything to make the food last until they could harvest more.
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 62 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
that's the thing about pain // it demands to be felt
Once, Remi would have flushed with rising bashfulness to be winked at by a man. Now however he merely offered Amun a roguish grin as he shook his head. "I certainly hope you do not mean me." He chuckled, trotting down the stairs. The nickname made him pause for a second, before shrugging. He'd been called worse and to Amun's credit (despite this being Remi's house the ascended was in), he probably didn't know the alchemist's name. "Remi." He corrected with a glance over his shoulder.

"Salt?" Remi crinkled his nose. Had he known Amun was an ascended he might have made a joke about taste. Instead he shook his head again. "For some, sure. But I quite hate the taste of salt, if I am honest." Which he normally was.

Instead, Remi set about using a more natural method of preservation. An organic seal, not unlike the ring on certain fruits, began to cover everything. In other places a bees-wax like substance was also applied. "Ronin has an ice dragon. I will have her come down and coat everything in ice as well. That should help."

Remi coats everything in basically orange peels and beeswax and will have Sugar frost it later ;)

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
after fury
what do you do
Fastidious teamwork, with the occasional tease or taunt, made for successful ventures – before long Kiada’s commands and directions were followed through on his deft, keen work with hammer, nails, and lumber, and eventually, each portion had been reinforced. It was a great relief when he finally came off the ladder, a sensation of pride bolstered in his chest – intending to harbor and grant some essence of a sanctum for those intending to rest along these walls. He granted Kiada a steadfast grin, extending his triumph and victory to her too, before they maneuvered towards the front, arching his brow as Jigano, in horse form, and Amalia came parading in.

The situation was nearly comical, and he made no intention of hiding his grin as they came rampaging in, supplies sliding every which way, amusement marking their endeavors. There was a mild snort of derision at the casualties and fallen, the poor comrades left on their own in the cold, leaning into the chaste kiss anyway. He raised his head at Wessex’s approach though, “Fairly well,” breaching his voice, pretending to diverting calamity wasn’t occurring in front of his eyes. The Queen was welcome to aid in their aspirations, but he didn’t ask it of her – almost pondering why she’d arrived; curiosity or checking up on them. Did she question their commitment?

He shrugged, found he didn’t care; his confidence and assurance in those assembled was enough to carry them through.

Once the supplies were all brought forth, he aided in bringing them inside, nodding at Remi and Amun as they returned from their preserving, efforts triumphant and seemingly none of their preserves lost. With everyone finally assembled together, unloading candles, lanterns, wood, and more food wherever they were needed or required was quick, fast, and swift work.

Finally, his eyes turned to Remi, thoughtful, everything else already scratched off his list. His gaze swung to Amalia and Wessex too, the only Naturals gathered there. “Is there anything else you think we need?” Otherwise, they’d be done – unless the alchemist wanted assistance in rooms being assembled, prepared, or anything else that made be committed to in short, working order with such a crowd.

--

Let Remi, Amalia, or Wessex post first, and then we might be done folks! :D Again, entirely open to any other suggestions! We can make it happen!
with the remains?
DEIMOS
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Giving the Sword a soft shrug, Remi glanced about the guildhall. Already it felt full, and yet there was indeed more to be done. Still, the alchemist shrugged and casually shook his head. "I will add more snow moss. I was going to transmute the door so I could place the spy-glass Safrin gave me into it. That way if there is an illusory creature outside we can see through it, not that I think the monsters actually cloak themselves, but.." He shrugged again. If the glass was large enough to let light through it could easily be covered. But being the size of a hand at best, he doubted it would be enough to draw undue attention.

"Whatever else needs doing, I can take care of it. It will give me something to do with my hands instead of constantly fretting." Remi added.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
“Good,” she says with a light smile, turning to watch everyone coming and going. They work well together, the Queen thinks, and refrains from saying anything else until Remi speaks up. There is one thing she needs to bring up, unfortunately. But first - “Sam should be able to see through God-made illusions. I don’t know if the monsters count, but as they’re technically creations… she trails off and adds a shrug, rather unwilling to add of the Voice in present company.

Jigano and Remi already know, and it wouldn’t surprise her to find out that Deimos and Amalia know, too.

Anyway. “Have you thought about having a room in the interior that you can try and sound proof? I don’t know how Aoife is, but we usually dedicate a room for babies and toddlers, just in case. If a stray floorboard squeak can draw them, a baby’s wail can act like a beacon.”

Which will be a nice segue into asking about the Steadman boys.
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Sam can?" Remi blurted before he realized the skeptical tone of voice coating the words, immediately lowering his eyes and flushing apologetically. "I..had no idea." And indeed he didn't. He found it strange his friend hadn't mentioned something like that, but then again, much had happened recently.

The mention of Aoife made Remi pause, bristling protectively as any topic surrounding his daughter made him do. "She is quite quiet. Though I suppose I could easily dampen the walls should sound become a problem, though with Safrin's continued protection of her..." The alchemist shrugged. Not casually, but knowingly.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
“Well, wait -” At Remi’s surprise, she thinks back to the group, to that first glimpse of beyond the barrier. “No - I was mistaken. He wasn’t with us before the Spire. My bad.” Astor’s her brain must be filled with too many LongNight things to think clearly. Looks like it’s only Wessex who can do that now. Cool cool cool cool cool.

Anyway, back on track. “I just want to make sure all bases are covered,” she says gently, as unaware about Aoife as Remi is aware of her. She takes a step closer to Remi and says even more quietly, though she wouldn't mind if Deimos or Amun were around and heard. “And to ask about the possibility of keeping Roana’s kids here during that week, if you’ve got a safe, quiet place for Aoife.” Because there isn’t a place that’s great for that other than the storeroom of the Rathskellar, and that seems like a grim place to keep three boys if they’re hyper or scared, or whatever.
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
after fury
what do you do
More to be done; but things Remi wanted to wrap up for himself. Deimos casually pretended Wessex hadn’t told him to not make anything in the doors earlier, nodding with a crooked smile meant for the alchemist. Thereafter, their conversation seemed rooted elsewhere, so he opted to acknowledge those who had made the entire preparations possible. “Thank you everyone for coming. Your efforts are appreciated.” And noted, a semblance of gratitude bolstering along his fringes, along his edges, the depths of a hard-earned grin still managing to peek through. He was half-inclined to offer them all a weapon or armor as a grateful gesture, but then maybe that was a little too much. If they were all safely ensconced in either of the buildings they’d opted for – then perhaps they wouldn’t need anything at all.

That modicum of dread snapped along his spine, but he said nothing for it.

But it was a call of dismissal regardless, for the rest of the masses, a way to ensure they could all be sent on their separate ways, and not immersed into sidebars or other lingering conversations. His stare ghosted over towards Remi again, a firm nod: “Call upon me if you need any assistance,” rumbling through his chest, before confirming everything else had been carted, taken to its various locations, and naught else tampered with – dragging and hastening Kiada and Amalia along.

--

This completes our PQ! Thank you so much to everyone who was involved! <3
with the remains?
DEIMOS