these shallow heights
Phoebe!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SuNjATA
the flood
He waves his hand slightly, but manages to chuckle lightly. ”I suppose he did one way or another. Too late, though.” He tells her giving a slightly roguish grin. But then she scans through the books and he nods at her comment, another shrug given. “Spent a lot of time reading back home after the trial.” And he had, in those months after the trial when he wanted nothing to do with people, refusing to be around even his parents or sister.

But she doesn’t quite get his comment and he chuckles lightly, leaning against the bookshelf and looks down toward her. “Well I suppose you’ll have to make one.” Use that imagination of hers, fulfill Frey’s thoughts on the matter of what she is and isn’t ready for yet.
get a load of this trainwreck
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
"That's true." she said with a small smile. Phoebe carefully placed the books he had picked out in to the little back she had slung over her shoulder. These would definitely keep her and the boys busy for the week. "Reading can be an amazing escape from reality. I understand why." she said with a sympathetic smile. The trials had been very traumatic for him, so it was no surprise he had sought comfort in between the lines of a tome.

But she clearly still didn't get what he meant. Her head tilted slightly at him as he mentioned she should make one. "I don't understand...you want me to write a book?" she asked, brows furrowing.
You thought you'd watch me fade away
When you broke me into pieces
But I gave I gave each piece a name
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
A swift nod is given her way, giving her space to put the books into a bag. “That it is.” He says in easy agreement. It made the days between easier to deal with, different lives to live, different feelings to feel. And gods knew he had a lot of feelings over the whole ordeal to forget. It had worked for a time, thankfully.

He focuses on her next as she asks if he thinks she should write a book. Shrugging lightly he hums a breathy laugh to her. “Well, LongNight is a pretty long time to be indoors just reading. Could give it a shot?” His head tilts curiously. Even if she didn’t like it, she could always burn it up in the fireplace before anyone read it. What was the harm in that? “Create what you want.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
"Well...I'm not certain I am much of a writer..." she admitted. As much as she loved a good novel, she hadn't ever really tried writing a work of fiction of her own. It was one thing to write technical, medical texts; a captivating, immersive story was something else entirely. She bit her lower lip as she turned the idea over in her mind slowly. What she might write about, how it might come out, and though her brain was already headed that way, his words just made her heart sink a bit.

"I...don't really know what that is anymore." she said quietly. "And what I thought I wanted...either I can't have or everyone finds ridiculous." she said with a slight sigh.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
She mentions he’s not much of a writer, and he wants to hum a light laugh at that. He wasn’t much of a fighter before, but things change. People change. But you don’t know unless you try. So he remains, leaning against the bookshelf, folding his arms carefully across his chest to not bother the new tattoo along his chest. His steel eyes scan over her face, listening to her sigh at her uncertainty, and he remains quiet for a brief moment.

Maybe you can write it out, live vicariously through it?” He suggests quietly, soft and accented as he tilts his head to her. “I didn’t know what I wanted to do after I won the trial. Everyone wanted me to move on, take up the mantle of following the Arbiters footsteps. And I couldn’t. So they stationed me away in the Slums to deal with it head on.” It’s not the same, but there’s a point he’s trying to make. And an attempt of him opening up further for her, so she can see a bit more through the window of who he is. “As much as it seems like I’d rather do things head on, I don’t. So I did a lot of writing about how I would handle incidents or events. It helped.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe considered his words quietly, still biting on her lip. Perhaps he was right. Maybe journalling like that would help her. At any rate she could untangle her own thoughts, as if she were talking to another person. And it wasn't like she had a shortage of notebooks. After a few moments of quiet contemplation, she smiled and nodded a bit at him. "I think I will give it a try...maybe not so much fiction as journalling but...it'll be something at least." she said softly, looking up at him. "Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
It’s encouraging to him, to see that she actually considers the idea. And he leans away from the bookshelf with a light nod. “You’re welcome.” He offers her with a casually rogue grin, a tilt to his head as he steps back to give her space. “Let me know how it turns out?” He asks, pausing a brief moment, uncertain if she will or won’t, but either way perhaps it’ll keep her mind off of other things. And with it, he returns back to the couch with the books of his own on it, grabbing onto the pile and tossing his jacket and furs over the other arm. Then, he makes sure to find her before he departs, giving her a rather serious look. “And stay safe on Longnight, okay?” He hopes she does, and with it, he departs from the Atheneum.