fishing for a dream
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
she had magic in her eyes even the stars envied
How did you catch it last year?

The leopardess sits on the edge of the oasis, staring down into the dark water and wondering what their strategy should be. As children they used to attempt to catch dream fish, but never with any success and never in Deepfrost. Now she is a little dubious as she looks down into the frigid depths, her long tail sweeping a half-circle in the snow as she waits for further directions from Remi. Maybe we could just feed one? Or sing to them, like luxere...
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
say it's here where our pieces fall in place
Most of that was Ronin, really. And indeed, it felt like a lifetime ago that he'd been here, carried by his now-husband and then awkward-friend as a raccoon to this very spot.

At one point I think I remember Ronin wading in without his pants? The lion shot his counterpart a white-fanged grin. Feeding them might be worth a try, though I am not sure what they eat. Flicking an ear back, the alchemist glanced over his tawny shoulder. We could already try and compel some bugs or so? Not that hew as particularly fond of luring creatures to their deaths, but it was the natural way of things after all.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Wrinkling her nose skeptically, Amalia shakes her head. Sorry, no strip teases today, she says lightly, sticking her tongue out at the lion. Equally unappealing is the idea of compelling insects into a watery grave. It seems they should be able to solve this problem without loss of life, either human or animal. They have the skills, after all.

The leopardess places a paw in the water, waving it around in lazy circles and staring at the ripples. I guess... I could go in, if you make a net? she concedes, her dislike of this idea obvious in her mental tone. And somewhere to put it once it's caught.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
No? But I wore my best star and dragon underwear! The lion protests meekly, before snapping his teeth playfully at the leopard's tongue.

Watching, ears twitching as if waiting for her to jump back in response to the cold, Remi stands and moves to sit closer to the edge, flaring his nose slightly as he sniffs at the frosty air. Oh I see. You just did not want me in the water. He thinks with a mental scowl that is anything but sincere. But I could yes. Last time we...I think I just made a regular tank for it.

So saying, the alchemist shifted back into his body. With his knees to his chest and covered in pelts to keep himself warm, he handed Amalia a net as a rather large tank appeared behind him.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
If you want to come in, be my guest! Amalia is quick to fire back, swatting a large pawful of frigid liquid toward the melodramatic lion, her own nostrils flared playfully, a toothy grin on her face. I'll sit out here and stay warm and dry.

But of course, the otter is better suited to managing cold water than any of Remi's shifts, and so as he becomes a man again the girl slips into her smallest skin, shrinking down and taking the net between tiny, dextrous paws. Here goes, she says, swallowing tensely before letting herself slide into the deep.

Shockingly, the water really isn't that cold upon the Otter's body, and the Shield flips happily onto her back, inspecting man through bright black eyes. The water's lovely! Come on in! she says with a playful flick of her tail.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Not that lions could hiss, but the mangled sort of growl that left his lips was certainly close. Acting woefully wounded by the water, eventually he settled enough after a bit of mock sulking. Oh. Well you had not mentioned that. He says with a laugh, watching her body meld and become infinitely sleeker and better suited for the cold.

"You know, I am in hot enough water with Ronin as it is." He says playfully, though the words aren't untrue. After having Rex bite him and his misguided attempts at proving he and Loren could be just friends, however far fetched a tryst with the baker might seem, for now he'll keep his clothes on.

"Do you see anything?" He asks, peering into the darkened water.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
I meant shifted, gutterbrain, she replies with mock indignation, though some of her natural embarrassment with these topics escapes through the bond. She is grateful that otters cannot blush. The comment about hot water is a little perplexing, and Amalia's thoughts flash to Loren's comment about their maybe attempted kiss. Is everything okay? the baker asks softly, unable to hold back her concern.

Dipping beneath the water's surface the Shield blinks at the surprising clarity afforded by the otter's eyes, delighted and fascinated with the new world it affords her. I see so many things! she calls out happily, thoroughly distracted from her task. There's so much life underwater! It's incredible! Popping up to the surface for a breath, she waves small arms enthusiastically at Remi, entirely caught up in this experience.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Sure you did. I see how you look at Deimos sometimes, wishing he was shorter, had less rugged features. Greener eyes and softer hands. Well, actually when it came to roughness of hands he and Deimos probably were well-matched. The rest though, was just patently false.

With a sigh, Remi nods, honesty easy on his lips. "Mmm, we are now yes. But..have you ever thought in the moment you had such a clever idea, only to realize after what an absolute mistake it was?" Context was probably needed. "You..know a bit about what happened with Loren. When he came back he worried that because of his feelings and mine, that we could not be just friends. So to prove him wrong, I asked him to kiss me." Shrugging, Remi threw a stone in the water. "My thinking was that when I went home and told Ronin that everything would be fine, he would ask how I knew. The simplest answer seemed to be that I had evidence. Not that I would have let him do it, even had he tried."

Shooting the otter an appropriately chagrined look, he sighed. "Obviously all of that was immensely stupid and thoughtless." He admitted, blushing unhappily.

Grinning brightly as she surfaces, Remi waves his hands back at her for her to dive again. "Well, go on! Describe it to me!" He sings, wrapping a skin around himself and closing his eyes.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Bobbing on her back, Amalia listens to Remi's side of things with something like disbelief. She doesn't know shit about relationships, but she knows enough about Loren to know how terrible an idea that was. He... mentioned that, the otter admits, squeaking sympathetically. But for making stupid decisions and regretting them immediately after? At least you didn't lead him into a dungeon to rescue a tulmhainar that then died anyway, managing to get a goddess and your friend horribly sick in the process. And leading to said goddess asking you to kill her, if she didn't recover again. It is her first time telling anyone about Safrin's request, the weight of it far lesser now that the goddess is well. Still, though, it hangs over her: what if, what if, what if.

Describing the oasis is much more pleasant. Dipping back below the water, Amalia tries to send images of what she's seeing through the attuned bond. It's a litte dark, but- oh! A spot of white light dashes ahead: a dreamfish, and like a bullet the otter sets off after it, net clutched tightly between her claws.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
The alchemist can't help but raise a brow. And for how upset Loren had been about Phoebe and Remi discussing it, calling it gossip and acting as if it was world ending, he'd told Amalia? Oh Loren. "With how little he communicates anything, I had no idea how badly he would take it. As for Ronin...I have not had much experiences with relationships before this past year, but it is not a mistake I will ever make again." He vows with a sigh.

About to make a joke about Amalia's bad judgement winning over his, he inhales sharply at the latter part of her admission. "I must have hair in my ears, because I could have sworn you just said you promised to kill Safrin if she did not recover from the blight." He said with boyish incredulity.

Trying to parse through the mental pulses and fill his mind with the imagery, Remi chuckles as it all sort of sways and goes dark as Amalia darts off. Rather than interrupting, he hums softly to himself glancing around into the trees and spying a few wayward luxere antlers bobbing in the distance.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
It is tempting to laugh it off like he does, to let him have his incredulity. Similarly, it is tempting to tell him the whole truth of that night, the things Safrin said and made her promise, the fear she had lived with in the weeks that followed. In the end, though, Amalia says nothing, though her discontent and unhappiness is obvious in her thoughts. They are well now. That's all that matters. She can only pray that it is true.

The silver fish leads the otter on quite the merry chase, and Amalia tries to keep Remi engaged while focusing on her quarry. When at last the girl surfaces it is with a brilliant fish clasped triumphantly yet carefully in her claws, the net wrapped around it and the animal kept submerged to allow it to breathe. Remi! she calls, elated and flush with success. I caught one! What do I do now?
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"I am just wondering how you might have gone about such a thing." He says, ever practical. Taking on a goddess is one thing; taking on a blight-mad one is another entirely.

As if he has anything to do with what is happening below, Remi jerks and twists, holding his breath and pumping his muscles as if his efforts might in any way strengthen Amalia's chase. Uhh...let me put water in the tank, and then...plop it in? He replies uncertainly. Lifting the tank with his magic and lowering it into the freezing waters, he gently sets it down onto the shoreline and waits for Amalia to surface.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
I have no idea, Amalia admits. She hadn't wanted to think about it, though that didn't keep it from haunting her anxious mind. I was hoping I wouldn't have to figure it out.

Transferring the net to her mouth, Amalia begins to swim toward the shoreline, the fish indignantly dragging behind. She is neither strong nor large in this form, and it takes her longer than without the weight, but she makes it to Remi's tank at last. Shaking her sleek fur, the otter half leaves the water before attempting to deposit her bounty, looking rather like a winzied old man with her stopped posture and copious whiskers. This is harder than it looks, she laughs self-consciously, even though it almost certainly is not.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"And hopefully you never will again." He replies with a pulse of sympathy and affection.

Snorting, the alchemist holds up his hands innocently. "Hey, I didn't say anything." He trills brightly, flashing her a smile. "Sam told me once they...do things when you touch them? Make you see and feel things?" Last time they'd used a net as well, and with all the recent heartache and drama, Remi wasn't too keen on being forced to deal with any of his remaining issues. Not with a fish as a councilor, anyways.