at last i see the light
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
AmaLiA
Safrin's shield
They step outside the library and-

-onto the steps of the Spire?

As the world changes so does Amalia, her body shifting into its newest form in the moments (eons? hours?) it takes her to move from place to place. When she opens her eyes the sight that meets her is painfully familiar, dismally so in fact. Gone is the library, gone are her friends- she and Jyoti linger alone on the steps that lead from the Spire, staring up at the sunlight that peers in through the door.

And behind them? Nothing but crumbled stone.

Kiada? Deimos? Jigano? she calls, worry making her mental voice high. Closing her eyes, she tries to will her way back into the library and...

...nothing. She isn't in a book. She's in the Spire, and either the others will follow behind or she will have to go back for them.

Slowly, her large ears pulled back for any sound of her companions, Amalia and Jyoti begin to ascend the Spire stairs.
& once again I shall kiss the sky
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
it's 2am and i took 17 shots of vodka trying to forget your name
but the only name i forgot was mine. and sober —
Amalia vanished, and they make room for the rest of them to follow her. Hoping, somewhere deep down that it works, that it doesn’t send them off in some random direction. Could you imagine it just… pelting them off Caido entirely? When all Kiada wants to do is go home to her Luxere, prepare for Longnight and the inevitable? Luckily, that doesn’t happen. And instead, it plunks her down where Amalia had just passed through.

And she can see the new form beginning to take the steps up from the Spire, Kiada’s confusion lingering in the mere moments after the transportation. “Amalia?” She calls out, exhausted and tired, searching then for Deimos, Zuriel, and Jigano.
— or drunk, you're the only thing on my mind
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
He didn’t know what to expect – not anymore, not after the latest adventures, of journeying through tomes and portals, of glimpsing at mountains (which shouldn’t make his chest ache, but it does, it does, it does), and then shoved back through it all over again. Before long, they were back upon solid ground, his eyes blinking into the darkness, shifting into his full tiger form, feline eyes casting upon the familiarity of the Spire.

Of course.

The Sword had no great, fond memories of the damned place, but his eyes darted and glanced for the others – for Zuriel, for Amalia, for Kiada, for Jigano, broad skull and head lifting, swiveling, until finally the Shield’s voice rushed through their connections, and he bounded up the stairs, nearly rampaging over the Harpy in the process. We made it was a rumble and naught more, his main concern depleted (not surviving or getting out of the underground), and channeling, funneling, into a new exasperation. His voice was calm and composed, when portions of him were soon going to be anything but. Have you seen Zuriel?
still standing
not because you can
but because you have to
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
AmaLiA
Safrin's shield
Kiada emerges behind her first, and Amalia wastes no time in rushing to the girl's side and inspecting her for injury while Jyoti trills a note of joyous relief. The little whale is delighted to be out of the underground and reunited with her friends, and Amalia's relief is palpable through the attuned bond.

A relief that is only amplified as Deimos bounds up the stairs next, Amalia lowering her nose to greet the tiger. His question, though, leaves her concerned- She's not with you? she asks, peering back down the stairs to the spire, alarm in her mental voice. What about Jigano? Can you feel her?
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
She’s nearly trampled by Deimos in their attempt up the stairs, wanting nothing more than to breathe the clean, chilled air. Amalia is there, and Jyoti is cooing gently. But it’s still not enough as the panic starts to settle in. “They were with us before we appeared here.” She says uncomfortably, hands wringing around her wrist as she peeks through the light reflecting off the snow.

Where could they have gone? Her mind drifts to the three locations they had seen. The Spire — which they were at. The Mathair, surrounded by Fae. And the Citadel. But gods, if they were in Halo? How would they come back? “Deimos… You had a hold of Zuriel, right?” She asks, recalling Jigano grabbing the book as well, but uncertain of the whereabouts of Zuriel.
KIADA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
Even in their pinions of relief, he couldn’t quite ascertain the same; heart bounding and ricocheting on the possibilities of Zuriel being gone, ears flattening against his skull in a certain pique of frustration, leaning into Amalia only because otherwise he might’ve sizzled and seared. A definitive sigh rampaged through him though, tiger nostrils flaring, striving to take in a distant scent; connections and bonds reaching out along hazes, confusion, and startling bewilderment.

It was there though; faint, quiet, like a fading star.

I did he motioned in return to Kiada’s question, a stern set to his jawline even here, molded as a massive cat. He maneuvered carefully, steadily, adrift and away from the Spire’s edges and fringes, calling in a silent refrain along the plains and ether. His eyes narrowed and he swallowed, pressing down the noxious, unfurling, unraveling bile caught in his throat.

A flurry, a flicker, of birds suddenly erupted from a nearby bush, and rather than being startled, as if they thought they were being preyed upon, they seemed to settle along a branch, staring down at him. He did the same in return, until something clicked, and the flying sparrows and swallows hastened off; as if they were granting him a favor, as if they were searching for the unicorn.

Then he turned back to the tiny, makeshift group again Perhaps she is with Jigano? Maybe a dull, dismal hope, but the only thing he had in that strangled second.
still standing
not because you can
but because you have to
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
AmaLiA
Safrin's shield
So close to safety and yet so far, for how can they call their misadventure concluded with so much of their party still at large? As Deimos reaches out for birds Amalia does too, though she lets her reach extend even further, to rodents and luxere, anyone she can touch. Jigano, Zuriel, they look for them both, send messages through networks the group can never understand. She must be, Amalia says gently yet confidently. We'll find her. We'll find them both.

But with LongNight on the horizon, how long can they look? Glancing up at the sky, the qilin furrows her brow. We should go to the Guild, she says softly, reaching out to brush softly against Deimos as Jyoti sends out another pulse of soothing, cool light. If they came out at the Mathair, that's where they'll go. And if not... well. Better to cross that bridge when the time comes, and not before.
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
She nods to them both, settling among the snow. But the words don’t comfort her. She can’t even help look, possessing none of the ability to do so. And for an impulsive moment she contemplates shifting into her avian form, and searching it all herself. But they don’t have the time, and she wraps her arms around her with a shake to her head. “Jigano has the staff.” She says to the duo, biting down on her lower lip. Hoping that they’re still here in a reachable place rather than the Citadel.

Because then what would they do?
KIADA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
It was messy, the great, gaping unknown, where there were things he’d had and conjured and thought for eternity, only to be ripped away from him in the blink of an eye. It was what had always buffeted and instigated his actions along the Basin – fear of loss, of more and more and more kin and country flickering and falling apart – the close-knit ties all unraveled and falling to nothing but mere, forgotten strands. He watched the birds continue their search, another sigh broadening and unleashed from his chest, Amalia’s confidence the only thing he could rely upon.

He didn’t want to go to the Guild though – not without Zuriel.

The Sword’s jaw clenched once more, fighting the onslaught of stubborn, obstinate, tenacity pulsing and pervading through his form. Jigano having the staff was another series of vexations, the frustration rampaging along his blood, his form, his outreach. But he couldn’t do anything here, not now, not beleaguering efforts or contemplating some other indistinct action honed in repressed anger and exasperation. We can try was all he could conjure or give, attempting to snag some calmer waves, striving to occupy the space of composure Amalia and Jyoti seemed intent to reel him within. He glanced over his massive shoulders, awaiting for them to follow as he padded along, movement and motion better for him than stewing and brooding.
still standing
not because you can
but because you have to