you've been chosen
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
She thinks he can do this too, and she wouldn’t have told him if she didn’t think so. But at the mention of Remi, and what Loren continued to say about it, averting some of the responsibility, she simply tilts her head to him. The Alchemist is still one of her closest friends, but the perk about having such a close friendship was that you could see where your friends did wrong. Biases aside, she’s friends with them both now, and she can see the effect it takes on either side.

But unlike before, she harbors no guilt in her heart like how she had once thought it was her fault that the Alchemist had lost his love for the man that has his arm wrapped around her shoulders. Still, she lets him finish before she adds her own, understanding the differences between the kind selfless Alchemist, and the hints of a selfishness control he could have too. But ah, they’re all young and still relatively stupid when it comes to things, thinking they can take on more than they actually can as she’d soon learn, and that doesn’t seem to help manners much.

There’s always going to be that bit of wonder.” She shrugs lightly. It didn’t mean that it gave any grounds to prohibit what Loren did or didn’t do. Just like how Loren confessing his remaining feelings for the Alchemist should prohibit him from living his best life with Ronin. “But that doesn’t mean you nor him should walk on eggshells because of it. You’ve both made your peace with it, talked it out… What else is there to do?” Sapphire eyes drift up to look at Loren with a raised brow.

As he mentions that all he does is apologize, she nods slowly with a small hum of a smile. “I think deep down, Loren, despite everything you tell everyone, you care far more than you let on.” A pause, brief, considering and thinking of how he takes it. “But there’s a difference between letting it consume you and smothering those around you, and you need to find the balance. It’ll be hard, but you’ve got people there to help rein you in when you need it.” She tells him, reaching up with a pale hand to tap the hand that rests on her shoulder, as if telling him she’d help him.

She has no problems telling him he can be a dick.

At his thank you and squeeze, a little huff of laughter, she smiles brightly to him and leans into his touch more – relaxed, soft, the lighter edge to her penumbra, because nobody had quite seen the dark just yet. “I’m sorry you went through what you did, too.” None of them deserved it, really. But life was shitty, and all they could do was try to put the pieces back together and make it functional.

He lifts his head from hers to lean back against the wall and mentions that he thinks he ready to move on, and she reaches over to squeeze him tight. “I’m glad.” She offers easily, until he continues and she snorts. “You’re putting in an effort at least. Could’ve come back and done nothing under the premise that you didn’t know what it was like last year, but you didn’t. And if anyone has any more issues with that, you can send them to me.” Looking up at him, she gives him a fanged grin, hinting a smidge predatory.

Perks of having friends, right?
LOREN
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
There would be. Except that Loren wasn’t really wondering about the past right now, but the future. While he wasn’t so sure either of them had made their peace with it—not fully, not in a way that would allow them to move on—the Launceleyn at least felt they’d done and said everything they could, and at this point it was best to let bygones be bygones. So he just nodded at Rexanna’s words.

The blue-eyed woman was at least right in her judgment about the summoner: he did care, probably too much, and it made him overly protective to the point of being stifling. Well, he could work on letting others take risks. But they also had to let him take his own risks, when it was right to do so. ”Thank you. But just...I know I get stuck in my head sometimes and act and say things without thinking how they’ll come across to others. So...when you tell me I’m wrong, just tell me honestly, without expecting me to intuit or interpret what you mean. And if you do, I promise I will listen without getting mad or defensive.” He wasn’t a mindreader, but he was far worse at picking up on other's body language and tone of voice than most people, which frustrated him. While he would work on getting better, he thought it was better to play to his strengths, at least at first. As her hand tapped his shoulder, he turned his palm up, gratefully squeezing her fingers.

At her apology, he smiled though it had a sad edge to it. ”Not your fault. And I’m learning to live with all of my past.” Slowly, excruciatingly, with many relapses. But that was how all progress worked. Returning her hug, arm tightening (though still at a comfortable level) around her shoulder, his smile grew, though still wasn’t exactly happy. ”That’s not who I am.” He never stopped doing things, which was part of the problem: even when it would be better to let it go or let others handle it, he tried to meddle or interfere, and always assumed he knew best. Which he could objectively admit he didn’t. That didn’t mean it was easy for him to step aside. At her offer to take care of any complaints, he let out a huff of laughter. ”I’ll keep that in mind.”
REXANNA
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
When he begins to speak, she leans against him lightly, focusing her attention onto him. And she understands what he means to an extent. Though she’s certainly more of the opposite, preferring to think on her words and actions before. But she had always been that way – from the time she had spent in Halyven and Asciend, to even her time as a Thief among the likes of Deimos in the Basin. Waiting, planning, long nights spent over a table in a tent among the winter winds, going over plans with her king.

Things were much different here, but her core thoughts and processes remained the same. And she nods to him with a bright smile. “Just takes some practice.” She offers, imagining that he’ll find himself in these situations a bit more often, and he can learn how to react and deal with them throughout those ordeals. “But I can do that.” Tell him when he’s not listening? When he’s not understanding? She can do that.

It might be easy, actually.

As he squeezes her fingers, she looks out to the gathering groups of people with an open mind and somewhat heavy heart, nodding along with him. “It takes time.” It had taken her plenty of time to get where she was. And she was proud of herself for it. As he returns the hug to her, squeezing her shoulder, receiving yet another snort from her and a wry smile. “I knew that the moment I set eyes on you.” It sounds like it might be teasing, but there’s truth underlining it.

With his laughter, too, she simply nods along, a smile on her face. She’ll help him, be there for him. Perhaps he can help her, too, when the news of the Portal strikes and the Ascended are pegged as terrible people yet again. But she won’t know, until it’s over… Until the darkness comes and shifts, when the sunlight returns.

So she leans forward somewhat, out of under his arm as she prepares to stand. “Well, I should go find where Bastien plans to have us stay. I’m sure he’s got some ideas.” She hums with small amusement, tilting her head once she’s stood to her friend, reaching down to give him another hug thankful it won’t be her last, before departing to find her husband and Clemente.
LOREN