drink with me to days gone by
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
Sunjata still wouldn't get it. Why couldn't the man just see how Oliver felt towards him? How happy the man made him feel. That he truly was being a great person. It did change a lot, though. Did...Sunjata not have any good thoughts towards him then? If Sunjata believed that he wasn't a kind person or that he wasn't even nice, how must he view him? "You are nice...I can see it, Jata. You wouldn't be letting me cry on you if you weren't nice." Or if you didn't view me as something good in your life...

Oliver...actually kind of agreed with him. At least, it made him feel slightly better about his actions. "I...I guess so...they did choose to go outside, knowing the possible consequences... He spoke slow and quiet, like he was carefully thinking over every single little thing that left his mouth.

Hearing of what happened to Sunjata was heartbreaking. To know such a kind person had been through so much. Oliver was glad that he was here, alive and well. So many bad things could have happened that would have prevented them from meeting. Oliver couldn't imagine life without Jata, which isn't much considering to him, his entire life had started with Jata.

"Do...do you think he will forgive me? That he wont hold all of this against me?" He was hopeful, wanting to hear any kind of confirmation that things could be okay, that he would be able to live his life happy. "I want to have people I can talk to here...I want friends and people who make me feel happy....he offered to have me join his guild and I'd hate to see it gone to waste." He clearly was holding on very strongly to this idea. The idea of ruining a chance of joining the guild, of losing a potential friend. It was something Oliver cared a lot about, possibly too much.

In order to break the tension, he made a small attempt at a joke. "Also...just wanted to point out, if you weren't nice then you wouldn't be putting up with ugly, crying face me. I mean look at me. I look so ugly and I'm snotting everywhere."
a disaster!
a massive mess
trying to not die
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SuNjATA
the flood
Perhaps it’s the alcohol that makes the man beneath the tattoos give in. If Oliver wanted him to believe he was nice, perhaps he could try. But he won’t openly say it, won’t openly admit it, because it doesn’t feel right with the things he’s done and continues to do. “Alright.” He says perhaps a bit gruffly, tilting his head and running a hand along the scar on his neck, as if it’s some sort of nervous twitch.

But then Oliver agrees, and he hums a sound of agreement in response. “They know it’s LongNight.” He was newish enough, and even he had heard of the dangers, had read up on what goes on outside those doors. But gods he’s sick of being trapped indoors already, and he doesn’t even know how long it’s been. It’s making him anxious, though, craving the need to do something productive or unproductive, or continue to get incredibly drunk and smoke every last cigarette he has left.

At Oliver’s question, his shoulders rise and fall in a shrug. “Won’t know until you talk to him. But I’m sure things will be fine.” Mainly because the man had been let in after all, and tension and tempers were high. Perhaps chatting with him when everythings calmed down will go well in Oliver’s favor. But he doesn’t know, he can’t answer that for the blonde man. He can only answer his own questions, and isn’t willing to assume for anyone else.

Bad things happened when you just assume, after all.

The joke, however, is greeted with Sunjata’s steel eyes sliding over to look at Oliver’s face, tear stained and it manages to crack a smile and a small laugh from him. “A smidge ugly, yeah.” He jests in return, handing the bottle back to Oliver. The kid could probably use it, after all. And Sunjata was very effectively drunk at this point, fumbling in his pocket for a cigarette and his matches.
this ain't no place for no hero
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
That response would have to work. Eventually, Sunjata would see how much he mattered to others. Oliver wanted to show the man that he was important and that he was a kind person. Hopefully this would be a step in the right direction. After all: nice people don't let blonde dudes almost snot all over them.

"LongNight sucks...it's fucking with all of my emotions." It was a partial joke, but also him letting out some of his inner thoughts. "Why do the gods let the monsters do this...is there really nothing that any of them can do to save us?" It sounded far from accusatory, more like he was breaking apart into a million pieces. Oliver simply wanted to be happy, to be able to try and live his life normally. He understood that enemies would come along, but he also couldn't understand the idea of monsters.

"I'll....I'll try to talk with him...preferably after LongNight ends...that way, if he does end up hating me, I'll at least have somewhere to escape to." The blonde was vary weary and unsure of himself, but he knew that he couldn't spend his entire life hiding away from Bastien. Sunjata had been so right...and so many parts of him desired to have friends. To belong to a guild.

Turning to look at Sunjata, Oliver smiled awkwardly, a mixture of him being drunk and also the embarrassment from sobbing. He was still crying just a little, but it seemed more due to him just being overwhelmed than actually being super sad at this point. His emotions were haywire and he had a massive case of cabin fever going on.

Grasping the bottle, he took a nice swig before recapping it and placing it on his lap. "I mean." sniffle "I look like...I don't know. I'm so snotty and I sound like im choking on soup." Oliver wasn't exactly thinking straight, but when was he ever straight? It was better to be a bit drunk than to be super depressed. "You're a nice person, Jata...sorry if I got snot on you...normally I'm not this...gross... Oliver was not a pretty crier and he knew it.
a disaster!
a massive mess
trying to not die
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
If he still had a drink in his hand, he would’ve cheered for that statement. “It fucks with all of us as I’m learning.” He offers unhelpfully, until the question of whether the gods allowed it or not has his mind moving in different directions. His head tilts and he shrugs lightly. “Maybe they don’t have much of a choice? Sure, I get that they’re gods, but I don’t think they’re invincible.” Maybe he’s wrong, maybe he’s right. All he knows is that the alcohol is definitely talking.

Oliver then mentions he’ll try to talk with Bastien, and Sunjata nods in response. A good step forward, an attempt. Rather than to wilt away into the despair and frustration, anxiety that drives beneath the possibility of things remaining wrong. Sunjata liked to get it out in the open, like ripping off a bandaid. Like how he had openly told Lusea, when he came to his wits again, that he had cheated on her with Phoebe that one recent winter day.

Better to deal with the aftermath and ask for forgiveness rather than to pretend it didn’t happen, for the news to spread elsewhere, after all.

The blonde takes the bottle, and Sunjata lets him have it before fumbling for his pack of smokes, waiting briefly before he rumbles a deep accented chuckle at the joke. “I’ve had quite a few unattractive moments.” He offers, shoulders rising and falling in a shrug. “I’ve been covered in much worse, believe me.” Another rumble of a chuckle.

Can’t be more embarrassing than this though.” He says briefly, sitting forward and giving Oliver a smirk before his abnormally tall body shrinks into a macaw’s form – arms and body morphing into navy blues so similar to the wings tattooed to his shoulders, and he peers at Oliver from dark navy eyes, ringed in yellow with his amusement, wings splaying across the ground as he finds footing among the stone floor with taloned feet.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Sunjata did have a very valid point. "Maybe...it sucks that we haven't found a way to get rid of the monsters. I hate the fact that we're just prey. Just sitting here like a bunch of rocks or some shit, waiting for the monsters to somehow slip in and eat us..." There was a long pause as he stared off into space before saying in a quiet voice. "I don't know if I wanna know what they do with us. You know, once the monsters catch you." Oliver saw that they had attacked Bastien and it left many questions.

Oh well, Oliver had alcohol and he'd rather not think about dying and being mauled very slowly while his innards were ripped out. Nasty shit.

Once more, Oliver indulged in a nice, long swig before recapping it. It felt nice to joke around with Jata and not worry about death or anything. It reminded him of his time before LongNight, when they went to the Rathskeller and drank and ate. The wine spiders sucked, but everything else was nice.

Nothing could have prepared him, though, for what happened next. He was lucky that the bottle was resting beside him and not in his hands. He watched with wide eyes and a gaping mouth as the man before him transformed into an absolutely gorgeous bird. "Holy fuck." He was absolutely awed. So this is what the attuned do...incredible.

"What the fuck. You call that embarrassing? I look like a flamingo or some shit." He gave a small laugh and offered his hand for Sunjata to possibly climb onto. "You look...incredible. Holy shit." He couldn't wrap his mind around what was happening and the alcohol wasn't helping at all.

"You can understand me, right? Can you fly or uh...can you speak? What about eating?"
a disaster!
a massive mess
trying to not die
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
He agrees with the idea, with the way that it seems like they’re just sitting in wait. It reminds him of staying in the bunkers back home, in the quell of riots and an ever charging force of officers to conceal the rebellion deep within the bones of every shop, store, restaurant. They were infiltrated everywhere, and when the news would break that something was going to happen, well… They did exactly this. Waiting.

He snorts and shakes his head, uncertain what the monsters would do too but writing in blood is apparently one of them.

But then Sunjata is shifting, trading tattooed skin for feathers, steel eyes for navy. And he preens slightly at the attention, beak parting in what could be misconstrued as a smirk. And yeah, maybe instead of a flamingo, he could imagine Oliver as some sort of mouse, something small and easy to hide away and wait things out based on how this conversation has gone.

His head dips in agreement that he can hear Oliver, that he can understand the blonde man. “Yes.” He replies in a very avian manner. Had he been any other kind of bird, no, but macaws and parrots were very good at mimicking sounds, and putting it together makes it rather broken, but it makes sense. He can’t hold solid conversations with this broken common tongue, but it’s still better than nothing.

As Oliver offers his hand, Sunjata nudges it with his beak briefly, pushing it aside as he extends his wings and swoops up into the room, gaining the altitude needed before he lands on Oliver’s shoulder as though the young man is some sort of pirate. He folds his wings back down and glances toward Oliver with a beaky grin.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
The blonde's eyes were filled with wonder as he watched Sunjata. To see someone turn into a bird was incredible, spectacular. It made him want to see what other attuned individuals could shift into. If this was seen as embarrassing, then Oliver couldn't even imagine what others could turn into. Maybe someone could turn into a lion! Or...what about a hummingbird?

It was a bit weird to hear Sunjata talk as a bird. He could remember knowing that parrots could talk, but had no memories of ever actually hearing it himself. Still, it was nice to know he could somewhat speak with the other man. Judging by the one word response, it must not be exactly easy to talk...which was to be expected, he was kind of a bird.

When Oliver's hand was nudged away, he frowned, but then something spectacular happened. The beautiful blue bird flew around, displaying the rich colors and beautiful wings. When he saw the other coming towards him he tried to prepare for the other to land and it wasn't too bad. Only problem was that it had proved to be challenging to actually look at him.

Raising the hand opposite to where Jata sat, he gentle pet the other on the head. "If you don't like this let me know." He smiled, laughing as the other seemed to grin. "Your parrot...form? Well, your parrot form is very pretty." He laughed and smiled at him, still overwhelmed by the intense happiness he felt in that moment.

"You still act like you, even in bird form. I can just feel your energy and whatever the word is. It's so...Sunjata." It was a weird compliment or comment at all. Probably could have been worded much better.
a disaster!
a massive mess
trying to not die
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
Settling along Oliver’s shoulder, he tucks his wings in tight before his head is patted – and for a moment, he contemplates seeing how much power is behind the beak of his, if he can get away with biting at Oliver’s fingers as he withdraws – perhaps it’s the alcohol talking. At the compliment, however, it appeals to the ego that lives within him, and he dips his head in his own specific way of saying thanks, since he can’t talk to Oliver like he could talk to Remi in this form. There’s no bond like there was before.

At Oliver’s laughter though, navy eyes focus on the man before him, and a beaky grin crosses his face before he extends his wings again in a very decidedly Sunjata-esque kind of bow, before those very same shoulders rise and fall in a shrug. But then he extends his wings again, pushing off from Oliver to reach the floor again, shifting back into himself to lean back against the stone of the wall, reaching for the bottle. “It is very me.” He chuckles, shooting Oliver a smirk.

I thought it was funny though, since the feathers kind of match my tattoos.” He uncorks the bottle and takes a deep swig of it, before recorking it and setting it down between them.