love was burning red
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
for 1000 nights i've been a restless soul
Much as being melancholy felt rather good, he couldn't help but smile stupidly as Ronin said his name. Taliesin. It was his now, and yet it was undeniable linked to Ronin in a way that seemed to alleviate everything.

Raising a brow at this admission, Remi let his head loll slightly to the side. "Well...you and she..." Trailing off, he shrugged, the rest going unsaid. Ronin being a demi-god, having died, having a blessed child, etcetera, etcetera. "I always worry about speaking to her. The others, Frey and Ludo...I know I am not on solid ground with. I suppose I wonder what would happen if things went that way with Safrin as well. How it would change things."
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
the wounds are open and bleeding out
”No, I understand. I’ve seen what happens when one of the gods takes a dislike to you.” Ronin smiled sadly, reaching up to smooth a hand through his husband’s curls; Remi would feel the heartbeat on his finger drum steadily away, and pick up a little at the thought of Safrin deciding he wasn’t worth her time. “I’m sorry, that speaking to her worries you...” He sighed. Safrin had helped him come to terms with Skyler, with the blight. She was one of the reasons he didn’t struggle so much beneath that burden. But Remi...

“If not her, then... you can always talk to me. Always.” Hugging the other man close, he frowned pensively. “I asked her if the Voice was a monster I might hunt,” he confessed. “She told me that the souls of her Ascended are trapped within the Spire.
Killing her would keep them trapped forever...”

THE
FALLEN STAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
With a crooked smile the alchemist nods. "Hopefully after LongNight Ludo will have....forgiven me, to the extent it can." There was of course that carte blanche favour he owed it, but he hadn't thought about that for a while now. "And Phoebe assures me that Frey doesn't necessarily hate me anymore." This was followed with a shrug, not entirely convinced the midwife was reporting things back accurately.

Nodding softly, relaxing at once into the hug, Remi found himself stiffening for a moment as he cocked his head to the side. "So..." Pulling back, the alchemist softly scanned the lines of his husbands face, confusion creasing his own as he pieced together the words not being said. "..the souls need to be freed, then."
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
“Safrin did heal you once, at least. So you’ve gotten off on the right foot with her by the sound of it.” Ronin winked. Never mind being his husband. Vanya had not had much of a relationship with Safrin, and yet the goddess had saved her daughter nonetheless. The hunter nodded in quiet understanding about Frey and Ludo; he’d had little to no contact with either of them himself, truth be told, and if Remi’s interactions were anything to go by, he didn’t want to try.

As the alchemist drew back, Ronin nodded to his husband, hefting out a deep sigh that said it all. “If they are freed - if we could make sure that any she make in the future are freed too... we might be able to get rid of her without hurting anyone else. Might.” He shrugged. Because of course he had no idea.

THE
FALLEN STAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi thought that had more to do with being in the right place at the right time, but he nodded just the same. He'd helped build her shrine and cared for the star-eyed Aoife like her own, loving the Fallen Star fiercely and forever. But as with most things in the alchemist's life as of late, he'd not be surprised to learn that it wasn't enough.

"Might." Remi agreed, chewing on his lower lip. So much for keeping out of trouble, he thought, but there was a sunny smile on his lips just the same. "Casual field trip to the Spire, once LongNight is over? I have never actually gone up into the Spire, only down." So saying he raised a brow curiously. He didn't think Ronin had, but then again with everything on their plates over the last few months, there was hardly time for even basic table-talk.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Might, yes. A lot of Ronin’s life and the things he wanted to achieve rested on that little word - but he was done with not taking the chance just because it wasn’t a sure thing. And besides, he wasn’t king any more and this was more important. (In fact the most important thing was getting away from the Hollowed Grounds once the sun came back up - if the portal they’d heard about even allowed that - but they could either return for the Spire or tick it off their list before they left).

“Same,” he said of the black monolith, his brow furrowing a little. “And even then, the first time wasn’t so long ago. I’ve never been up the Spire - I... er, we fought the Spire Demon before I got a chance.” It had been nearly a year; Ronin was trying to get out of the habit of saying he had died.

THE
FALLEN STAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Scrubbing his hands over his eyes at that, Remi far too an expressive and feel-sy man to not react at least a little to the recollection of his husband’s death, merely made a non-committal noise of acknowledgement. Those had been some of his darkest days to be sure, and though he’d drastically changed in the weeks and monsters which had followed (killing a man, topping the list of changes), he’d had Ronin by his side for all of it. Back then though, it was just Remi, Aoife, and the ghosts that haunted the guild.

“You know...now that we can both fly, we could start top down. I do not believe anyone has done that yet.” To his knowledge, Sam and Jigano had made it up a few spirals of the staircase before coming back. Then, with a crooked grin, Remi raised a brow as he gave his husband a curious look. “So...what does a soul even look like?” How would they even know what they were looking for?
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Start from the top down? It was an interesting idea, but Ronin remembered a small snag about his new cloud-calling ability. “As far as I know, it can only fly me about ten feet in the air,” he said with a boyish smirk. “So while I could certainly fly it downwards - as long as there’s a path - I’d probably need a hand from you to get up there.” Wasn’t that always the way lately? Ronin shrugged internally and moved on.

As for what a soul looked like, he nibbled at his lower lip and moved to wash out the cloth in the basin, letting the water drain away. “It might be better to ask Amalia or Jigano. I know they’ve both had dealings with souls after LongNight - they might know what to look for?”

THE
FALLEN STAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
The alchemist merely grinned with a raised brow; need a hand to get you up? Always practically sang from his smirk. As did guess that means you'll have to ride me up. Trying to quell his inappropriate quips from making their way onto his tongue, Remi merely nodded. "We will get you up one way or another." He said with a chuckle.

"Mmm." Glancing towards the ceiling, Remi hummed a thoughtful note. "I suppose it would be too much to hope that there will simply be a room labeled souls, this way." Frowning, he gave his husband a pointed look. Not judgmental or challenging, just softly honest. " Are we going to do this?" He asked with a swallow. Were they, after having shucked off the crown of a king and with plans to leave the grounds in place, going to take up this challenge?
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Remi’s smile was contagious as always, and Ronin returned it with a filthy grin of his own. Nudging his husband and tutting him as if to chastise his dirty mind, the guildmaster made sure to collect his bloody shirt and check that the washroom was as clean of blood as he could make it before nodding to the door, as if suggesting they should go. They might be able to lock themselves away for an hour or two before the world came searching for them again - sleep was impossible, yes, but it was better than being around everyone right now.

Meeting Remi’s gaze, his smile fading, Ronin could only shrug his shoulders as if to say that it was already decided, really. “Are we really going to leave it to someone else?” He countered. “It’s better than ruling. And it doesn’t have to be straight away. It’s just... something we know about now, that we didn’t know before.”

THE
FALLEN STAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi's smile faltered for just a moment. Perhaps naively he'd thought that they could abandon all of their responsibilities. It was as humbling as it was hollowing to know that was not the case. It wasn't who either of them were anymore, but as Remi might want to try and fight that fact. They had people here now, lives that they cared for. An escape couldn't simply mean abandonment.

"Agreed. I require...at least three afternoon naps, and a week solid of being able to sleep in, before we save the world again." The alchemist said with a roguish grin, leaning forward to mischievously press a kiss that turned into a nibble against Ronin's lips.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin understood Remi’s smile well. Oh, to be the soldier he had been starting out - he and his husband might have simply gambled and drank and adventured their way through Caido, with only a minor consideration for those who crossed their path. But it simply wasn’t them any more. Not either of them. With that in mind, however, he could definitely get on board with the alchemist’s suggestion.

“Not only do I agree, I will do everything I can to facilitate this,” he said, smiling against both the kiss and the nip and winding an arm around Remi’s waist. “Come on. I think I can get one of those afternoon naps in now. Or at the very least I can just hug you until we both feel better.” Kissing Remi’s curls, Ronin led them from the washroom and into, hopefully, a minuscule amount of peace and quiet.

~FIN

THE
FALLEN STAR

Table coding by Sky