Silent Night
For Delphia
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Age: 53 | Height: 4'6" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
JIAO
"The northern part?" Jiao tilted her head, her interest caught by that. She was a native to the Greatwood herself, but she had never gone much further than Sidhe and the Mathair, the parts close to the Outskirts. She hadn't needed to, when all she needed to dye and make fabrics was around her, and besides her family had taught her when she was little that the woods could be dangerous...but she was still curious. "What's it like there?"

The way that Delphia looked out and began to speak of ghosts so casually, took on their worries and gave them voice...Jiao brought her knees up and her arms in, reflexively trying to make herself small and hidden. "Um...s-so...with ones like the soldier do you help them or are they just stuck like that?"
Leave all of my regrets to sink like shipwrecks
Through oceans dark
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
these voices won't leave me alone
”Much the same as it is here, but with the ocean. I do miss that.” she said with a soft hum, thinking about it. There was very little better than the cool salty breeze, bundled in a warm sweater and blanket, sipping tea with a good book or company. It had been awhile since she had visited her home though. Here, closer to Ludo’s Woods, there was more for her to do with her gifts.

”Yes, I can help move them to Mort. It is why my father made me, to help lost souls in the absence of Ludo.” she said softly, gazing out the window as if in a daze. This spirit was very old indeed, the poor thing. She ought visit Sidhe more, perhaps more souls were so stuck and wandering. ”Would you like to join me as I do so?” she asked, standing slowly, head tilting once more to avoid the ceiling.
DELPHIA

Coding base by Sky!
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Age: 53 | Height: 4'6" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
JIAO
"The ocean..." Jiao repeated, wishing she could see such a place. She'd heard descriptions of oceans, even made dresses in hues of blues based on what she had found out, but she'd never seen it. Given how much she loved the lake and often marvelled at it's size, she knew she would love it. "How do I get there? To the ocean? Can you take some day?"

She was willing to travel with a crazy lady if she got to go to the beach.

Delphia's offer scared her. Jiao was still not decided if she believed any of what Delphia was saying, but transporting a soul, especially one as tortured as she had made it sound, felt like something from a horror story. But Jiao, like most Fae, had that most deadly of traits: curiosity. "...Alright...I'll follow behind you." Getting up, she went to float a couple of feet behind her guest, peering out over her to see if she could see this spirit.
Through oceans dark
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
these voices won't leave me alone
She smiled at her warmly. For all hesitancy she saw an adventurous soul somewhere under her forward facing front. It was beautiful, the intricacies of Vi and Rae's creations. "Should I ever be heading that way, I would gladly take you. But if you simply speak to the forest, I am sure it would be happy to lend you the correct path." she said with a little nod. The Fae and the Greatwood were inextricable after all. Surely it would not be hard for Jiao to find here way to its northern edges.

"You needn't be afraid." she said with a light laugh, watching with amusement as Jiao peeked out around her like a small child hiding behind their mother's legs. "He is no monster or beast, just a dead man." she said with a shrug. Even so tortured, it was still a Fae's soul, not some unearthly being. But as they approached, Delphia would grow distance, focusing in on what would appear no more than open air in the darkness. Her head tilted to the side, finger tracing circles on the pad of her thumb. The young woman mumbled under her breath, speaking to the air, quiet whispers of condolence and comfort in the Fae tongue.

"Come now. I know you have suffered. It is time to be at peace." she said softly, reaching out as if to hug the air, eyes closing as she focused. Slowly but surely, a small, trembling ball of light began to take shape within her arms. As her eyes opened, they too seemed to glow softly, working the magic given to her by her father. "There we are...go now. Mort has been waiting for you all this time, dear one." she said, smiling lovingly at the ball of light. Gently, she lifted it up above her head, and rather like a shooting star it took off into the sky, dissipating after only a few feet.
DELPHIA

Coding base by Sky!
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Change author:
JIAO
"I...haven't spoken to the forest that much." Jiao awkwardly admitted, not quite looking Delphia in the eyes. She knew it was meant to be innate to her people, the connection to the woods - and she did care about them, she had just never felt quite the same invincible bond the other Fae seemed to with the nature surrounding Sidhe.

Dead men were very scary, Jiao thought, if they were still hanging around the living. It was for that reason she stayed still behind Delphia as she took the soul, which Jiao stared at questioningly (was there one like that in her...?), and sent it off to the afterlife. It had been a quicker process than she had expected and she felt both over and under whelmed as she realised the soul was gone.

"Um...wow. Um..I guess you were telling the truth then. That was...I...think I need to go lay down." She mumbled, looking back towards her shop and home.
Through oceans dark