Training insert song lyrics (open)
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
Just as Loren allowed him to release the brick, it fell to the ground with a thud. It had been hard for Oliver to keep it up that long, absolutely. Lifting it up briefly was one thing, but holding it up for a long time had proven to be challenging.

And on that note: What the actual fuck.

Oliver was a bit distracted by trying to process everything. His body was trembling and his heart was pounding. He felt as though he could throw up at any minute. It was a lot to take in, absolutely. Slowly, he turned to look at Loren, his eyes filled with fear. Not directed towards Loren, of course.

To hear Loren utter the word. Abandoned. It sent shudders down his spine. Made him feel even worse. His face was pale and all he could do was look at the other man. As reassuring and calming as his voice was, it did little to soothe the feelings building up inside the young man. The gods would never respond to him, it wasn't just a fluke before. Of course, he'd still leave offerings to show his appreciation, but never would he receive a response.

It hurt.

"No." His voice was quiet, filled with fear. It was shaky and minimal. He wanted to avoid thinking about it. Maybe if he had a useful ability, to be able to create things at will, he may feel better, but no. There were so many other thoughts ramming into him. How was he going to learn how to handle it, how was he going to avoid hurting others, what did this mean about his relationships with others.

Taking a deep, but shaky breath, Oliver spoke up once more. This time he tried to sound brave, but it was obvious that he was far from it. "I thought I was just nor- an Accepted. I mean, I came and I didn't do any magic abilities. I couldn't create anything and that was that. I never tried to do that, fuck I didn't even really know that was it's own thing." Sure, he had seen Remi lift a teacup, but he was a bit too distracted by the other abilities the man had. As well, he had only just arrived, other things that been plaguing his mind in that instant.

Would Loren be mad at him for being so ignorant? Being so unaware?
i saw that my life
was a vast glowing empty page
and i could do anything i wanted
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
The white sheep of the family
Apparently, this was a lot for Oliver to take in. Laying a hand on the other man’s shoulder, Loren gave it a gentle squeeze. ”Breath. Deep breaths. In through your nose, out through you mouth.” It was a meditative technique he’d learned to help calm his mind and control his magic; luckily, one of the side-effects of it was that it tended to help soothe nerves. It should temper whatever was going through the other man’s mind that was causing him to tremble.

As the Launceleyn had suspected, the newcomer hadn’t known what he was. ”Hey. It’s okay. It’s going to be okay.” Loren fell silent as Oliver spoken, though the summoner caught the other man’s last second correction. ”There is nothing wrong with you, or with being an Abandoned.” The Launceleyn was very firm on that point. ”There are many types of magic beyond creation. Thirteen, in fact.” This was probably not the best way to handle the situation, but if Oliver was completely ignorant, perhaps some knowledge would help. ”It seems that you have telekinesis, at least. Do me a favor, though? Search inside you, try to find the heart of your power, and see if it feels like you have any other abilities.” Loren smiled gently. ”The breathing will help with that too.”
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
The gentle squeeze of his shoulder allowed Oliver to remember: he wasn't alone. It wasn't like the feeling he had when he first woke up in the snow, he had other people who were like him. Loren was here and seemed somewhat willing to help him to understand how exactly his newfound abilities worked.

Oliver remained quiet, allowing Loren to speak with him. He tried to take heed of his advice, taking deep breaths to try and allow himself to calm down. Soon, the shaking started to stop but he was still very fidgity, as well his heart was still pounding loudly in his ears. It was better than nothing, though, because at least now he felt partially in control.

That was one of the things he feared. Control. He already didn't have control of his powers when he hit the unicorn with the brick. What if he had hurt Loren instead? He had to get control of his powers. Oliver didn't trust himself to control them, especially when he didn't even know the full extent of the new abilities. It didn't help that Loren soon pointed out that there could be more. He could be able to do more than fling stones at people.

"Okay..." Oliver was wary and nervous. He was no longer standing tall, now making himself smaller but hunching over ever so slightly. He felt worried and nervous. Afraid of what more he could do. He could only hope that he wasn't going to unleash the powers again and accidentally hurt someone.

Closing his eyes, he took a couple of deep breaths and tried to center himself. He searched into his mind as much as he could, grasping for that same feeling he experienced when he lifted the rock again. Something tugged at him, calling for him to use it. Opening his eyes, Oliver looked at Loren with a small frown, his eyebrows lowering slightly. "There's something else...I don't know what it is. But it feels different, for sure."
i saw that my life
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Alright, so Oliver had another magic in addition to telekinesis. Probably nothing too powerful, else it would’ve leaked out during the training as well. Loren released the other man’s shoulder and nodded in support and acknowledgement. The summoner’s eyes were thoughtful. ”Well. LongNight is not the time to go around experimenting with unknown magic.”

Indeed, it was why he was holding off on panicking or telling anyone about the changes in his summoning magic, since he didn’t want to worry anyone and didn’t want to try anything that might attract monsters. As soon as he was free to do so, however, he’d figure it out. ”However, if we both survive and you’re still struggling, we can maybe try a few tests, see what else you can do.” He wasn’t going to make promises he didn’t know he could keep. But if he was alive and had time and Oliver needed it, the Launceleyn could probably figure something out. ”Until then, don’t worry too much, and practice your telekinesis.” His voice softened. ”Whatever the gods or the Naturals might tell you, or the Outlanders who’ve been here for a while, it’s a gift, not a curse.” Loren firmly believed that, and his conviction was clear.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Loren had a point, absolutely. There were thirteen different types of magic and Oliver could barely even name seven. Whatever he had could be extremely dangerous. The lack of knowing what it was scared him, made him feel worried about what would happen if his magic got out of control whilst they were still waiting for LongNight to end. He gnawed on his lip nervously, in deep thought about what he could have.

Oliver didn't really like the fact that Loren wasn't too positive that both would survive. He wasn't a fan of constant optimism, but it wasn't a comforting thought in the slightest. "We both will survive...I know it." He said it with a small punch in his voice, trying to solidify that it would come true. Both of them would survive. They could work this out.

The words brought comfort to Oliver, but he didn't like the fact that people would tell him that he was cursed...and were they really wrong? Oliver had seen that others could turn the magical abilities into great things: heal people, create useful tools and supplies. It could be a blessing, and not a curse, but for the time being Oliver wasn't sure if his was the same way. He wanted to be helpful, to show that it was a gift that he was graciously given.

"I...I want to believe you, but how can it be a gift when the gods ignore the abandoned?" So many people at this point had told him that the gods would someday talk to him. That he shouldn't expect a response or belittle them. To give them offerings and expect nothing in return, yet he still wouldn't learn. Oliver was stubborn and a bit ignorant. He kept resisting and feeling a bit of resentment towards the gods...but could he really help it?

"I'll try to be as helpful as I can...I want to turn this into a gift, no matter how much practice it takes." He wanted to be useful and not a burden. To help Loren in the manor and others in his day to day life.

"How can I avoid hurting people? Especially with the one I don't know anything about? What if....what if it accidentally slips out?
i saw that my life
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren didn’t know if they’d survive, unfortunately. Nor did he have much time to assuage Oliver’s fears at the moment; the summoner had a full Temple’s worth of people to keep safe, and they seemed determined not to cooperate or follow the rules. However, the Launceleyn could offer the other man some small assurance. ”I’ve met Frey twice. It just takes patience. I think that, because we have our own gifts, the gods are less likely to respond to our prayers. It’s not necessarily because they dislike us, but because they don’t think we need additional help.” And because the old gods didn’t want to risk another Abandoned uprising. As for The Voice, well, Loren hadn’t had occasion to seek her out yet.

”That’s good. But you’re new, and it takes time to train your magic. So be patient with yourself, as well, and don’t expect others to accept you easily or right away.” They hadn’t with the summoner, or at least the Naturals hadn’t; indeed, many still viewed him with distrust, both because of his magic and because of his name. As for causing harm, well the newcomer shouldn’t be concerned about that. ”People hurt people, either on purpose or by accident. As long as you try to make amends, you’ll be fine. As for hurting people with your magic, I’d be shocked if you were powerful enough to kill someone at the moment. So if your magic does go awry, apologize, then fetch me or another healer to patch them up.” As someone who’d been tortured with magic for most of his life, a few knocks and scrapes from an errant spell was nothing.

Glancing at the main area of the Temple, Loren bit his lip. ”Listen, I should go back to my patrol. Just breathe like I told you to if you’re feeling overwhelmed. Once LongNight is over, you can spend some time exploring magic.” The summoner gave Oliver a gentle smile. ”I think you’ll come to enjoy it, even have fun, and not fear it, before too long.” With that, the Launceleyn gave a friendly nod before turning to get back to work.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Loren seemed to make the most sense out of everyone who has given him this same spiel. They always talked about things that only seemed to make Oliver feel like shit or angry. However, Loren seemed to know exactly what to say to describe the reasons why the gods may choose to ignore him. Maybe they ignored his prayers because they knew what he would be capable of, that he wouldn't need their help to get answers. As much as Oliver wanted to get his memories back immediately, maybe he should wait it out. Who knows what his magic could bring.

It hurt to know that people wouldn't be kind to him now that it would become known that he had magic. It would be easy to hide it, after all, only Loren knew about his magic abilities. Oliver could ask him to keep it a secret...but was that really a healthy thing? To hide his magic? Hell, he wouldn't even be able to practice.

"Thank you Loren...for everything. He smiled at the other man and glanced off to the side, knowing that he'd have to be leaving very soon. "I hope that you're right...that not only will I enjoy having magic, but also that I can learn to use it. I'll try not to accidentally start any fires...or do whatever it is that my other magic can do."
i saw that my life