Hello from the other side
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
sometimes we break so beautiful and you know you're not the only one
i breathe you in so sweet and powerful
The suggestion Wessex has is enough to break through the darkened haze over her mind. Especially knowing Bastien and the rest of the Temple is safe. And she smiles lightly at it before responding. “I can’t make any promises.” She tells Wessex though amusement is laced within her voice. Concern, for another Ascended, for a sibling through it all and all. “But I can certainly try.” She offers unhelpfully.

Wessex knows about the unicorns abilities though, and she breathes a bit easier at that. But the mention of the Voice being superior to it all, she nods. “It’s first on my priorities.” She adds lightly, a small smile crossing her face at that. As if she’d be able to move around and function without seeing her goddess when the sun returns.

But her newfound sister speaks, and Rexanna wonders if that’s fear that’s in her voice, some sort of resolve that it’s her fault this has happened, and the Penumbra waits until she’s finished speaking before adding her own two cents in. “It’s not your fault, Wessex.” She says easily, hoping the Ascended Queen doesn’t take it to heart. “I know. I should have gone back with Bastien but I didn’t. And if I didn’t show up? What would have happened to him and Remi?” She’s terrified to think of what could happen. “It was a terrible idea, and I’ll be chatting with him soon about it. But for now? Now we’re safe, we’re fine.” There’s a certain honesty to her voice as she says it, until Wessex says it’s for a different time and Rexanna smiles. At the mention of Bastien, it manages to spark a laugh, light and lilting. “Thank you.

There’s a light pause, but she has nothing else really to add. Not right now, not while the only thing she can see is the dark, and how her heart hurts at how much she’s terrified everyone. But if she had any thoughts she didn’t mean anything to anyone, they would have been easily squashed away by the way she’s been asked about since her arrival to the Guildhall.
like a wildfire burning up inside my lungs
i'm burning up, i'm burning up, i'm burning up
REXANNA
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
God help the outcasts, the tattered, the torn
Seeking an answer to why they were born
Bastien was surprised to see the friendly, almost teasing tone that Wessex adopted as she spoke to Rexanna - from their first meeting onwards he had always considered her hard, someone unable to have fun even if there was nothing else in the world to do. It made him smile, that his wife was someone able to even bring out a smile in the toughest of stoics.

They were all going to have to have a chat with Samuel, it seemed. While Bastien knew he was far from the most faithful or honourable of Ascended, at least he wasn't that bad. As things stood now though, he likely wouldn't go to speak to the man himself - had Rexanna died, it would have been a different matter. But for now, he was sure between Wessex, The Voice, Rex and Jigano, Sam would more than thoroughly understand just how much he'd messed up.

He laughed a little as Wessex promised to look after him (though he was truthfully happy about that. She was much stronger than him) then took the shell back. "Alright Rexanna, you must rest. I love you, my darling, be well and know I will see you the second I can leave this place and be at your side." With that said and Rexanna's response listened to, he placed the shell down.
Winds of misfortune have blown them about
You made the outcasts, don't cast them out
BASTIEN
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
sometimes we break so beautiful and you know you're not the only one
i breathe you in so sweet and powerful
There isn’t much else Rexanna can say, as the shell gets passed back to Bastien. And at the sound of his voice, she manages a quiet smile on her end though it goes unseen. “I love you too Bastien.” She says gently, sweetly, as much emotion as one can convey over the phone shell. “I’ll see you soon.” She doesn’t comment that she literally won’t be able to see him, but the thought runs through her head. And with a light sigh, she stands from the shell, using her elbows to feel for the walls and doors to ensure she can make it out. Luckily, she has some help, and manages to go off and rest some.

Rex out!
like a wildfire burning up inside my lungs
i'm burning up, i'm burning up, i'm burning up
REXANNA
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
The lovers say their goodbyes and Wessex watches the emotions play out across Bastien’s face. She has to hand it to the guy - for all that she thinks he’s rather worthless when it comes to being part of a team, even she can see he loves Rex dearly. And Rex loves him. So for her sister’s sake, she makes a small promise to herself to be less indifferent to whether or not Bastien lives or dies. He’s still the most expendable member of their family, but he has regained the actual title of family member. At least in her head - which is a really weird place right now.

There’s just one last thing to say now, and it’s short. Coming close to Bastien, she speaks to him mentally for the first time (because what are timelines) ‘New trick. Like it? If I’m relatively close to you, you can even respond. Anyway - I need you to spread the word that if something happens, everyone needs to get to the Medical College, ok? Make sure you spread it quietly. I don’t trust that there aren’t monsters still in here.’

Stepping back, the Queen waits for him to respond. Hopefully the same way she’s spoken to him.
she's pullin' the trigger
cause it's me and the moon, she says
and i have no trouble with that
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
As Wessex first stood close to him and began to speak into his mind, Bastien looked about, trying to see where the voice was coming from. When he realised what was happening he looked Wessex up and down with wide eyes, shocked that such a thing was possible: it seemed Caido still had some surprises for him yet.

"Wel--" He began, then closed his mouth and concentrated, trying to send a message back to Wessex without much familiarity with how to do it. Alright. I will tell people as I see them. Though is the Medical College any more safe than this temple? Truthfully he'd never been there, but he had thought it was just a school.
BASTIEN
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
Good question. Is it? Who is Wessex to say - she’s still just running on theory because both this LongNight and the last one were utterly abnormal. She’s learning on the fly with everything she does, adjusting and adapting and overthinking and isn’t it nice to have someone else question her? She knows it’s out of concern for everyone. She knows it’s because he’s scared. And yet she can’t stop that little needle from digging under her skin.

‘Is anywhere actually safe?’ the Queen quips back with a little shrug. ‘As far as I can tell, that door has been shut almost the whole time. If there are monsters in here, they’re probably just in here. If not…’ she trails off with a look towards the College. ‘Guess we’ll all go up in flames.

Which is funny, but not. Because of what has happened to the Rathskellar and will happen not long after to the Guildhall.
she's pullin' the trigger
cause it's me and the moon, she says
and i have no trouble with that
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
Bastien shrugged. Really it didn't make much difference to him - he had never been involved in the planning and sorting of these kinds of things, not in the way Wessex was. Alright. I suppose it is the only option we have, isn't it? Then I will tell people.

With that agreed, he turned to leave, needing to think on Rexanna and the situation, needing to find a space to be in his own head.
BASTIEN