who could ask for anything more
for Bastien
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
Within the eye, mysteries of the soul burn deeply beneath the fiery chasms of love
and patiently wait for an awakening

Bastien's words made him feel far better than the other could ever imagine. To know he wasn't alone? That shit felt amazing. Knowing that others had lost their memories, he wasn't just hand picked to be fucked over with a cactus. "Yeah...it's not great. But things are starting to come back to me, sometimes I remember random things. Those little things weren't always the most helpful, but sometimes they made him feel better. Gave him something to think about at night.

"I'm sure someone did. If not then, well, that's fucking stupid. You did something so incredible." Oliver couldn't say whether they used to have something like that or not, but it was nice to know that Caido had something like that.

Bastien clearly had many dreams for the guild and all sounded simply incredible. Oliver knew that Caido kinda felt like a hell hole, tons of people dying and everyone was just super on edge. Hopefully the art would allow people to healthily release any emotions. To draw whatever came to mind, to entertain others through performances.

The blonde grinned and ran a hand through his hair. "That sounds....great. Really. Oliver wanted to visit the guild, even if he wasn't allowed to join. He wanted to see the art and passion the people felt when they dedicated themselves to the arts. It sounded amazing. Bastien's love for the art had to be a shared thing, surely others appreciated it as much as him.

"I'll have to come see those performances sometime. I know that you've already brought the joy of art to my life. Allowing me to paint on the mural was...freeing. It felt nice to have such a big canvas, to be around others who liked art. I'm sure others feel the same way."

Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
BASTIEN
"What is it you remember?" Bastien asked, curious what made it though Oliver's forgetful curse. He liked to think if he was made to lose memories, he remember his artwork and Rexanna.

He laughed sharply at Oliver's judgement on the population of Venice. "I must tell you a lot of the city was motivated by money and without a clear profit? The Sanctuary only made enough to keep itself - and me - running." Admittedly he had lived a hedonistic life full of wine, finery and travel, but he had always thought of that as a part of the operation. His reputation as a travelling eccentric was a part of the draw, after all. "I do not think anyone else will take it on...unless perhaps one of my trainees did."

Though he didn't know if he trusted any of them to do it well.

"Well. That is wonderful to hear." Bastien grinned, knowing when he was out of his present situation he would think over the compliment again and smile. "I will see if we can organise more murals - brighten up this town a little. People need the colour."
You standing beside me
I'm going to push back, push back, push back
With every word and every breath
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
Within the eye, mysteries of the soul burn deeply beneath the fiery chasms of love

Oh what could he remember? it was kind of hard to put into words. The memories came in small, unintelligible pieces. "Okay...I'm not weird, but what I remember is...weird. Like, I know what a carriage is? I also know what a unicorn is." Okay, so this really wasn't helpful. "Most things I'm able to identify? And there's little pieces of memories or concepts. Like... A blush appeared on his cheeks. Should he tell the story? Eh. Bastien seemed chill enough. "Like I know the idea of hiding in a closet with someone you're into so nobody will see you..." And now he was rambling and probably sharing way too much information. Great job Oliver.

Maybe Venice wasn't as nice as Oliver initially thought, he could only hope that Bastien's hard work wasn't going to be wasted. Oliver appreciated what Bastien did, given the little resources probably available to him. Too bad they'd probably never know if it ever was continued.

"Yeah, I know I need to see more color in my life. Everything look so...sad. Empty. I'd love to see a mural on ever street or so. That may be asking for too much, but just imagine what it could do for us. It could make us happier and give people a chance to let out their emotions in a healthy way." Oliver stopped himself from saying more. He was getting a little bit too excited about all of this. He wasn't the leader of the guild, he didn't have access to really ANY materials. He had no right to suggest so many things. "If you or your guild ever decide to do any other group projects...I want in... if you don't mind my lack of skill."

Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
BASTIEN
Bastien held a bemused frown at the things Oliver listed as memories, thinking them odd pieces to hold onto. "Well, those are all rather...vague. I'm sure we've all spent some time hiding in cupboards." He knew he had, back in Venice - more than a few nobles were attracted to the idea of the eccentric bohemian painter but couldn't afford the hit to their reputation. There were very few he had let touch him, but it had not been unheard of.

A mural for every other street...an ambitious goal, but it had the kind of dramatic flair Bastien liked. "Well! We can certainly try, though it is the right of people to tell us not to paint on their buildings...boring though that wish is." He shrugged. Starting a fight over wallspace went against the main point of the pieces, unfortunately, which was to improve the lives of the residents.

"If you will help us every time, why not just join the guild?" He laughed and winked, momentarily amused enough by Oliver's strange shyness.
You standing beside me
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER

Oliver couldn't deny that Bastien was absolutely correct. "Oh trust me, I know. My memories are vague and extremely random, none really all that helpful in any way. Before I was kinda mad...but now I'm just going with it." Nice to know that hiding in closets was a thing that even Bastien knew about. Meant that maybe they could've been from the same world...or humans just knew to hide in closets when doing inappropriate things.

Too bad that Bastien had to bring the bearer of bad news. "I'm sure some people would be willing to offer up the walls of their homes...right? A splash of color and a unique, one of a kind painting. Maybe they could commission one or something." Oliver was dreaming a bit big, but he couldn't help it. He got a taste of spreading art and he wanted to show others that murals were a good thing. "Maybe when LongNight ends, others will see the mural and be willing to donate space?"

The next thing surprised Oliver. Extremely. He hardly expected Bastien to invite him to the guild again. With wide eyes Oliver stumbled over his words a bit. "I-I'd love to! But, can I wait until after LongNight to decide? I promise you I will have a decision soon..."

Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
"That is all we can do with many of life's hardships." Bastien nodded, knowing that from experience. Accept, move on, don't deny, and you could eventually turn your problems into lessons.

He hoped very much that people would allow him to paint on their homes, see it as the gift it was, but he knew there would be some sticks in the mud. "We will see. I will work to commission...to an extent. There are some things I refuse to honour with my brush." Authority, monarchy, anything celebrating the power of the few over the many. He had been commissioned a few times in Venice to paint the King mightily looking over his 'subjects' - he had always refused.

Bastien had not known joining his guild was such a decision to make, but he did not mind waiting. "Of course." Besides, until Longnight ended his guild was a collection of packed up paint supplies in an empty building. "If you do decide to join us, come by the Sanctuary, I should be there often." With that said, he turned to leave with a smile, needing to go back to his busy mind and panic over Rexanna.
You standing beside me