six sided die cut in half
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Adam
Some things you do just to see how bad they'll make you feel
Sometimes you try to freeze time 'til the slots are a blur of spinning wheels

Adam was beginning to get anxious. When he'd first discovered Peter was gone he had hoped they were just in different parts of the building. After all, they were meant to be checking the place out for secrets and treasures over the week and he knew Peter was very good at sneaking around quietly.

But a couple of hours later, he asked several people by the door, and they all seemed sure Peter had actually left. His fingers beating out a quick panicked rhythm against his hip he walked about in a haze, trying desperately to be busy doing something.

He couldn't go out to find Pet. That much was obvious. It was a deathtrap out there and as far as Adam was concerned, everyone who'd stepped outside was a fucking idiot. If Peter had died out there all he'd be doing was going out to die too. Besides, it wasn't like he care--

It wasn't like he car--

Okay, so maybe he cared a little bit, but not enough to run out into Longnight. Instead he sat on a chair near the door, arms folded, keeping a vigil on the entrance. Either Peter would return or he wouldn't; Adam spent most of the time trying to convince himself he'd be fine either way.

But I am just a broken machine
And I do things that I don't really mean

Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87
After reaching the guild, shrouded in darkness, there was only one person Peter wanted to see. He was tired, and injured, not badly, but exacerbated by the snow, and he wanted to be close to someone safe. The darkness faded as he stumbled into the guild, immediately catching sight of Adam in a chair.

Peter rushes forward, his steps silent, but the soft clicks of hooves following him as he approached his boyfriend, a nervous look on his face. It has only just occurred to him that he left without saying anything, that Adam has probably been worried. But he’s back now, and safe, mostly uninjured even. ”Hi.” He calls softly, hesitating now, and stopping just in front of the other man.
Peter
try, try your
whole life
to be righteous
and good
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Adam

Adam had begun to give up, his head in his hands, staring down at the floor. At least it was the end to all of his mixed up feelings about Pet, he thought darkly, but the smirk didn't come to his face. It wasn't funny, not really.

The soft clicking he thought was Coffee's claws against the floor and he reached down a hand to scratch at the dragon's head, when all of a sudden Pet's voice sounded next to him; Adam's head shot up and he left from the stool, going to grab Pet's shoulders. For a moment he held him still, shook slightly, his mind wanting to say a million things at once.

Then as the first beads of tears appeared in his eyes, he pulled Pet in close, grasping at him. He didn't even notice the skeletal deer at their feet. "Where the fuck have you been?! I was so fucking worried, Pet!"

Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Adam reacted to his voice far faster than what Peter had expected, enough that he actually flinched back as he was grabbed, wide eyes staring up at the other man. He thought he saw a shimmer before Adam pulled him into a tight hug. Pets surprise wore off at that point, his arms coming up to wrap around Adam.

”I’m sorry.” He mumbled into Adams shoulder shifting his head so he could speak more clearly. ”I didn’t know where um... where you were. There was... something uh, something calling? And I... I wanted to see it.” Peter shifted away then, pulling just slightly out of Adams arms to gesture down with his head. ”I found it.”

There was a small part of Peter that hoped Apricum would be enough to distract Adam from his disappearance, that somehow what he’d gained would be enough to make up for it. That’s usually how it worked prior to this, anything could be excused with a good enough gain, but... what he had with Adam was different than anything Peter had ever experienced before.
Peter
try, try your
whole life
to be righteous
and good
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
Adam

"Yeah what about your fucking boyfriend calling? I mean, not literally but-- obviously I wanna know where you are, Pet--" Adam mumbled into Pet's neck, but he was losing steam quickly as he spoke, the relief overcoming his anger in large waves. As Peter said he found something Adam peeled himself away and looked down.

Then he paused.

"You got a...uh...what is that?" He asked, crouching down (hand sliding down Pet's arm and stopping to hold his hand, as if he was scared if he let go he might disappear again) to look at Apricum, tilting his head to the side and looking all around the little luxere. "Is it...dead? It's fucking creepy."

Peter Pikely

Change author:
”M’sorry.” Pet mumbled softly, placating and apologies all he could offer to Adam. The damage was already down, he’d left, without a word, but he was back now, and that was the important part, right? Adam pulled away, still holding onto him, a small smile coming to Pets lips when he felt the hand side down his arm and entangle with his fingers. It was the smallest things that made him feel like this was more serious than either of them were used to.

”This is Apricum.” Pet offered simply, leaning over and down so he could whisper in Adams ear. ”Like, sunlight.” Like the meaning was a secret, and Adam was one of the few allowed to know it. Pets other hand moved to clasp at Adams, turning the spot where they were entwined into a thicker knot of fingers and hands.

There was a part of Peter that wanted to be insulted by Adams question, probably the part now entwined with his companion, or maybe one  with the memories of the questions they’d been asked, but all he could do was shake his head. ”Not dead. And... not creepy.” The luxere skeleton stepped forward, closer towards Adam, and seemed to stare back at him, it’s empty gaze inquisitive.
Peter
try, try your
whole life
to be righteous
and good
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
Adam

As soon as Pet whispered the name into his ear, Adam snorted. "What? Apricot cum?" He looked up with a bemused smile, barely containing giggles. At least he'd tossed out the name spicyfart for his dragon. "...Sunlight...? Is...that what that means in the future where you're from?"

Pet insisted the creature was neither dead nor creepy, and while Adam disagreed on the latter, he still held out a hand as Apricum came closer. Touching smooth bone instead of soft fur to pet felt weird but he did it anyway, gently rubbing one finger over the Luxere's head. "...So...does he do anything cool? Or is he just kinda bony?"

Peter Pikely

Change author:
The snort that came from Adam had Pet turning, his brows pulled together in confusion. ”What...” Was all he managed before his partner giggled out what he’d heard. A single soft noise of outrage left him, made less serious by the over the top scandalized look that came with it. ”No! He whispered, clearly fighting to keep up his expression.

As for the origin of the name... ”It’s from a language from uh... north, I think? Um... there’s a... a city in a circle?” Pet wasn’t sure how much was in common between their times, even if they did come from the same place, so he tried to be as descriptive as he could. ”One of uh... one of the other guys I worked... worked? Uh... that I knew, he was from there, and he... he taught me some.”

Adams touch seemed to be appreciated by the skeletal beast, of the way it curled into his hand was anything to go by. ”It likes you.” Pet assured his boyfriend, his fingers wrapping around Adams arm. With a gentle tug, the tall man was pulled to a more private corner, away from the people hovering around the entrance to the guild. As soon as they were out of sight, darkness began to curl from Apricums antler, swallowing up Pets form. A soft laugh came from the shroud, almost impossible to pinpoint.
Peter
try, try your
whole life
to be righteous
and good
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
Adam

No! said Pet, all shocked, and Adam immediately knew he had ammo for teasing for the next ten years. For the moment he just held up his hands apologetically, though he was unable to keep the smirk off his face.

"A city...in a circle. I don't think we made that yet." He laughed, but was actually interested and thought to ask more later. As much as it was likely he would never return back home, he still wanted to know more about the future of the world he had once lived in (also he had been meaning to ask if he was famous).

"'Course." Adam gave Apricum a final scritch then stood up, only to be swiftly dragged to a corner by Pet. For a moment he thought that perhaps his boyfriend had been suddenly taken by a romantic mood and he was delighted by the spontaneity of it all; then darkness began to cover up Pet bit by bit - the only reason Adam didn't try to save him was because of the laughter, which made him think it was some kind of trick. "...What...is that all about?"

Peter Pikely

Change author:
It was so interesting to find the things that were different between their times, like a strange little game Peter occasionally forgot he was playing. ”I can’t... remember the name. Kajen... Kashi...” It was right on the top of his tongue, but Pet shrugged, figuring he’d remember later, and they could actually talk about it then. There were other, more important things to talk about at the moment.

Well, maybe not talk.

Two pale hands reached out of the shadows, stretching out blindly until they rested on either side of Adams face. ”This is what Apricum can do.” Pet said by way of explanation, before tugging Adam down closer, so he could whisper. ”I’m sorry I... sorry I worried you.” The words were sincere, and sealed with a gentle, blind kiss, Pet pulling Adam down to meet him.
Peter
try, try your
whole life
to be righteous
and good