until we feel alright
Remi
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
They are all inside, and they are all safe. As Amalia makes her way through the door she at last exhales a sigh of relief, the qilin's song dying on her lips as exhaustion and terror begins at last to creep in.

But her work is not done. Gently but firmly, the qilin nudges Remi away from the group that surrounds Rexanna and toward a quiet corner near the fire. You've done enough, she murmurs softly through the Attuned bond, fondness and affection taking any sting from the words.

Settling onto the ground, she invites the man to rest against her until Ronin arrives, nuzzling his curls affectionately. She would have liked to have taken him upstairs to clean up and sleep, but has no illusions about her ability to drag him away while the fate of the others remains uncertain. Deimos and the unicorns will take care of her and Sam. What... What happened out there?

Amalia & Jyoti
WE MIGHT BE HOLLOW, BUT WE'RE BRAVE
image credits
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
every now and then the things i lean on lose their meaning
Even after having been healed by the staff, there is little energy in the alchemist with which to argue. With an arm still laced around her wither clutching at bits of mane, he follows her easily and submissively, all but collapsing against her as they nestle next to the fire. Resting against her flank and closing his eyes against the soft mussing of his curls, Remi pulls his legs into a crossed position as he tries to prod his thoughts into some semblance of coherence.

"Sam..wanted to.." But his mouth was dry, and so he shook his head slightly, and started again silently. The Voice gave them new upgrades. He...Wessex had said something about communicating with the monsters, as she had done last year. He thought maybe he could..talk with them? Learn something new? Even his mental voice was exhausted, his accent all the thicker for it.

We managed to capture one in a net, Rexanna conjured a luxere from Loren and we were headed back...I...I do not know what happened after that. They were wounded at that point to be sure, but everyone had their eyes, ears, and fingers. Then suddenly Sam was screaming and Rex... There was a pulse of confusion; she'd still been invisible, so he hadn't actually seen her until they returned.
& i find myself careening
into places that i should not let me go

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
She listens in silence, letting him explain what happened and trying to stifle the growing unease and confusion at the tale. This had been Wessex's idea? To talk to the monsters? It seemed impossibly stupid, but the Shield is well aware that the Wraith has powers and wisdom Amalia lacks.

She presses her soft nose against his cheek as he falters, bringing her tail to wrap around him in a sort of embrace. Rexanna will be okay, she reassures with a confidence she does not truly feel. Sam, too.

Go get Ronin,
she calls to Jyoti, who swims down the hall in search of the guildmaster as Amalia sighs and drops her head. Did... Did you learn anything from it? The monster?

Amalia & Jyoti
image credits
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Remi nods in response to this, because what else is there to do? Argue? Their injuries are horrific, the idea was stupid, and not only does Sam likely have permanent ptsd from this, but Rexanna will probably never be the same? But he doesn't say it, because they both already know it, and so he merely pulls her tail onto his lap, liking the comforting weight.

They asked for Rex and Sam's items and upgrades. They said they would let us live if they gave that. Remi replied. But...that wasn't so surprising. Wessex had said as much, as they'd pieced the rest together: the monsters were experiments, or cobbled-together bits of tech. Of course they'd want more.

We did manage to trap one in the net, but like I said, I am not sure what happened...we were going to bring it back here, place it between the luxere and see what it actually was, but..

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Items and upgrades. It makes sense, in the context of the monsters being broken Ascended, though she does wonder why they would attack their brethren in that case. Forsaken for so long, reduced to nothing but screams and fury... is that what will become of those Ascendeds who outlive their usefulness to the Voice, too?

They managed to trap one. Gently so as not to unsettle him, Amalia shakes her head in disbelief, still not sure she's understood. I've never known anyone to survive facing one, let alone trap it. Awed by the strength and courage of her friends (and more than a little alarmed at their foolishness), the qilin turns her gaze to where the others are working to save Rexanna, her tail pulled snugly over Remi's lap. What... what was it like?

Amalia & Jyoti
image credits
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
We very nearly did not survive. Remi reminded her, not that he needed to. He wasn't bitter necessarily, and hypocritical as it was given the alchemist's proclivity for recklessness, he did wish they had a better plan. Not that it matters. It escaped after Sam's fingers were bitten? cut? off. Likely the monsters destroyed the netting as well.

Honestly? I hardly could see it. It was like a shadow, only darker. There were flashes of teeth and its eyes. If I had to guess I...would say it was bear-shaped? But more lean.

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Her ears flicker back at the reminder of their narrow escape, as well as the implication that she may have forgotten. I wish I'd been there sits just outside her foremost thoughts, at a layer where he would have to dig to reach them. Maybe she could have helped, protected, done something-

But if Remi hadn't been enough, what good could she have been?

For a while they sit on companionable silence, waiting for their friends to be stabilized, for the shock and terror to wear off. Occasionally they exchange a few silent words, but for the most part Amalia is content to stay and comfort Remi until Ronin appears to take him upstairs, leaving the to guard against the dark.

Amalia & Jyoti
image credits