My Heart is a Graveyard
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
A light frown finds her face as Jigano agrees softly. It does no use continuing the conversation for her – it does nothing but make her continue to think about it in a way that she could slip. They had given the Fae a choice, and in the end if Rexanna was being honest with herself, she wanted the world at her fingertips. If it meant continuing to break herself apart for it, to grow darker with each passing moment and fleeting attempt, she would.

Kiada’s quest, however, takes precedence, and she listens while he mentions that they were both blighted and she nods. “I had heard she was.” A frown finds her face once again, deepening the lines along her mouth before she shakes her head. “Hindsight is the best sight, at the end of the day.” And gods, how that statement could be applied to everything.

As he offers her his suspicions, she listens about the Spire. “I’ve never been inside the Spire come to think of it.” She shrugs, knowing it had been Ascended to open it once the Spire Demon had died. She wonders if it’s possible that the Ascended could see a thing or two most others couldn’t – especially if it held the birthplace of so many of her kin. But she believes in Kiada and the thoughts the girl might have regarding it, despite the barbs and poison the harpy had spat the last time they had met.

She was still her daughter, after all.

Her head slips back toward Jigano as he cuts off, brows furrowing beneath the bandana Deimos had made her. “I didn’t… No.” She’s unhelpful without her eyes, she hadn’t even noticed they had gone out. But a part of her feels frustrated at it – had her and Sam and Remi brought in more monsters? Or was it simply a coincidence?

She can’t see to find out.
A Light That Never Goes Out.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
He winced at the mention of hindsight, finding it a little too on the nose at the moment, with the bandanna wrapped around Rex's eyes in mute testament to the folly of going out on LongNight. "Isn't that the truth," he agreed with a grimace she couldn't see. It was neither reassurance nor forgiveness of his failings, but a tactful acknowledgement of them that he could appreciate.

Jigano's pale head tilted curiously at her admission, but he nodded slowly. She was one of the 'younger' Ascended, and life had been... hectic of late. Blights and weddings and LongNights, oh my. "I took Sam with me the last time I went. A Loreseeker expedition to learn more of the place before it falls down. The basement is... unstable." He sighed, smoothing out his expression of frustration over the entirety of that debacle. "I'd like to lead a team to see if we can't repair it to some extent... someday. When we aren't infected with mysterious diseases or being threatened by monsters in the dark." He said the last wryly, able to keep the bitterness from his voice now that the blight no longer ate away at his control. Both situations seemed to be caused by the Voice's meddling, in one way or another... and she had made no attempt to help clean up either of her messes

In truth he didn't know Kiada's thoughts on the Spire. They'd never spoken of it, that he could recall. These were his own guesses and suppositions, shared now with Rexanna. It wouldn't be the first time someone had taken his ideas and attributed them to someone else, and there was little he could do about it without seeming even more petty than he already was. He couldn't know that it was happening again, at least, and even if he had he would have been given no time to dwell on it. The sudden quenching of both candles distracted him thoroughly and brought him to his feet.

"...Earlier a glass fell and shattered beside Sam," he admitted, the frown audible in his voice. "There was no reason for it to have done so. I went to check the bodies but they haven't been disturbed. Still...do you think...?" He didn't want to say it out loud. Saying it aloud might make it real. But Rexanna couldn't read his mind and he swallowed back the anxiety that crawled across his scalp and down his spine. "If they've gotten in somehow, you shouldn't be left alone in here," he said quietly, voice low and uneasy.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
REXANNA
At the end of the day, Rexanna isn’t certain she’d change anything of what happened. If it hadn’t have been her that constantly greeted death’s doorstep, would it have been Remi instead? Would it have been Samuel? At least on her end, she couldn’t feel any of it. Couldn’t feel the pain of being impaled, couldn’t feel the pain of her eyes eaten out of her head. Still, she listens as Jigano mentions that he’s been there to the Spire.

If ever a day comes.” She replies quietly, uncertain. Because after LongNight there were already so much to do involving portals and more danger. Would there ever be a chance to just try? Still, her stomach churns as she thinks back to the last time she had visited anywhere near the Spire. Lucas had bitten her and left her with so much blood loss that Bastien had to find her, and she had missed out on much of the festival things last year because of it.

But she hasn’t seen the candles go out, hasn’t heard anything else happening around her. But how could she? She couldn’t see, she was effectively useless. Her head tilts to him, listening, biting down on her lip and shaking her head slightly. “I will be fine, I think. I have people that check in on me.” She tells him to help ease his worries, despite not knowing what can cause it – only have an inkling.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
If ever a day comes, she said, and Jigano didn't want to agree with her as much as he did. It seemed there was always some emergency, or debacle, or threat, or barrier to overcome. When did they ever have time to go back and do the little things? The things that mattered but not quite enough as the most recent upheaval? Coronation? Monster attack? There was only so much time in a day, a week, a season, and only so much strength that they could bring to bear. And how many would remain within the Hollowed Grounds now that multiple portals led to places farther afield? The Fangs called to those trapped Outlander souls and Natural explorers alike, and he had no doubt an exodus would soon be afoot.

Would he be among its number? A year ago he would have said 'yes' wholeheartedly. But now?

Gods, he missed Rory on this damned unending night.

And then all thoughts of far away places and distant loves were replaced with tension and the fearful twist of wondering were they inside the building? Rexanna was remarkably calm for a woman blinded and battered about by those creatures not so long ago, and Jigano squeezed her shoulder lightly in acknowledgment of her courage and poise. "Sam said you were 'marked' by them," he said, voice still quiet though it wasn't as though there was anyone in the room to hear him besides his conversation partner. "Whatever that means. Are you sure you don't want me to help you go find somewhere less isolated to rest?"
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
Sam was right, but Rexanna isn’t so sure that it’s necessarily them that have brought in the monsters. In the end, she supposes it might relate to how many times the door has opened. If they had slipped in because of them and because of being marked, well she’s uncertain how to find out — or if they ever would. But it’s a question for another day. “I’m not sure what it means. But I was there too, I heard it.” She reiterates, flatly; not willing to place the blame on herself or Remi or Samuel without true proof.

The mention of it has her head tilting up toward him where he squeezes her shoulder. “I’m sure. I can get some rest wherever I am.” She doesn’t sleep, there is no real rest other than mental at this point. And she can drown out the sounds around her as she runs her scans for the millionth time. “Thank you, though. For checking on me.” A quiet thank you paired with an easy dismissal. She just needs some time with her thoughts.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
He winced at the flatness in her voice, not sure what he had done to put his foot in his mouth this time, but unwilling to press her further by arguing the matter. He hadn't been blaming her - or even Sam - about the 'mark' business, only expressing concern that the monsters might try to find ways to get at those who had been so singled out, and not wanting her to be alone because of it.

Still, he had been the one to bring up the Mathair and the dead Fae. Whether or not she was innocent, she was likely still annoyed at the not-quite accusation, and he couldn't blame her for thinking the worst of him now. The following dismissal rang clear as a bell and he stepped away, giving her a bow she couldn't see but perhaps could hear. "As you wish, Rexanna," he said softly, feeling another bridge burning beneath his feet, another connection that he had set ablaze himself. "Rest well and safely."

He turned and left, keeping the door open a crack so she wouldn't be shut in a room in total isolation. Hopefully the sounds coming from the door could guide her if she needed to go anywhere, but she would not hear him again until fire and smoke sent him running back to her side once more.