Random Event light it up, up.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Adam
Some things you do just to see how bad they'll make you feel
Sometimes you try to freeze time 'til the slots are a blur of spinning wheels

"Uh, fucking hell, fuck fuck fuck fuck shit what--" Adam yelled to himself automatically as he took in the sudden chaos around him, the fire beginning to eat up the Guild. He didn't know where Pet was, he didn't know where anything to help was; in a rush to do something he drew his guns, then stared at them.

He couldn't shoot the fire.

Without knowing he actually had the ability to bring her there, Adam ran towards the door but yelled out loud, thinking back to his meeting with Amalia and Safrin: "Hey I know you're fucking busy during Longnight or whatever but can you come help, starry lady? Uh, fuck, Safrin? Yeah. Can you do sommat? We're all pretty goddamn boned if you don't!"

--

Adam attempts to channel Safrin to help!

But I am just a broken machine
And I do things that I don't really mean

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
A clever decision Adam, but it's as you say. The gods are not available during this pitch dark week.

Safrin does not answer your prayer.
RaNdOM EVENT
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
and indeed, just think: in many ways, body and soul,
i have been more a battlefield —
A Fire? Honestly?

She hisses under her breath, having been brought to her feet but without eyes to see and hands that can grasp, she doesn’t know exactly where to go from here. But it’s Jigano’s voice and help that guide her. “In here!” She calls out, flinching slightly as his arm slips around her and she relaxes just enough to lean against the bard; Just enough to gain an idea of where they’re heading.

She can feel the heat of the flames uncomfortably close, and as they walk she tries to use her fire magic to suffocate the flames.

Rexanna tries to get out with the help of Jigano and uses her fire magic to try and reduce/snuff out the flames.
— than a human being
REXANNA

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Rexanna 's magic is not particularly powerful, but it does clear enough of a path for her and Jigano to make it out safely.

Outside: Lily, Sam, Nate, Rexanna, Jigano

Inside: Remi, Ronin, Deimos, Amalia, Melita, Kiada, Peter, Adam, Hotaru, Amun
RaNdOM EVENT
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Change author:
Adam
Some things you do just to see how bad they'll make you feel
Sometimes you try to freeze time 'til the slots are a blur of spinning wheels

Well, that didn't work. Lot of fucking good the Gods actually were when you needed them.

Adam stood by the door, but couldn't leave, not without Pet. The him that had been some months ago would have just figured the man could fend for himself and run away, but he couldn't get his feet to move. Not when he knew what he almost had and not when he was in lo--

"PET, GET YOUR FUCKING ARSE OUT HERE RIGHT NOW OR I'M GONNA PISS ON YOU." He yelled out into the guild, hoping somewhere the little shit would hear him, then leaned out of the door and in an effort to keep the area around the door safer for now, melted some snow in his hand then dribbled the water into his horn, watching it fill up (Amalia had given it back to him empty, and while he had planned to fill it with cider, he hadn't gotten around to it. Cold water was at least a healthier option) then pouring it out onto the ground, the horn continuing to pour far past the natural end of it's capacity.

It wouldn't put out the fire entirely, but he hoped the infinite nature of the water might stay things for a while.

--
Adam stands next to the door and tries to use his Horn of Plenty + some melted snow to get out some of the fire.

But I am just a broken machine
And I do things that I don't really mean

Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
LILY
Trembling hands pet the luxere noses as they nudge her. She takes a few steps away from the burning building to try and comfort the nervous animals, but she is unwilling to leave yet.

When the other two appear - Sam and Nate - Lily gestures frantically for them to come over to the luxere circle. In the pause between a verse, she hisses SING something!” the two men. It doesn’t matter what they sing, or if it’s very good, only that they do, and they do it now.

The redhead resumes her own verses, staring at the flames and willing others to come through the doorway, out to safety. Cause she sure as fuck isn’t going back in to save anyone.

“That her beauty and her power lives
in selfless sacrifice
Make them hear you
Make them hear you

In Safrin's Shrine she kneels in prayer
Black as the blight's foul mess
Vi's Roses make a godly bed
For Arduinna's loyal rest

Go out and tell her story
to your daughters and your sons
make them hear you
make them hear you”

Then there's more, and Lily continues to wave them over, then a wheeling motion as if to say 'join in however the hell you can.'
don't know if you love me or you want me dead
the way you're looking through my eyes
Don't know if I'm gonna make it out alive
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
black hearts, the wicked never rest. i curse the day i let you in
so tell me dear,
Well it did basically nothing, but on her return outside for more snow, she sees Adam pouring water over it as well. And she scoops up more snow into her bucket, racing to follow the man she’d endured the Pit with, in an attempt to cover it with snow and soak the floorboards. “Adam, watch out!” She calls to the other man, slinging the bucket of snow to add to his water. She doesn’t want him to slip, after all.

Auni meanwhile, nears Lily and adds his own quiet braying to her sing, tail wagging despite his unease, to try and keep the Luxere nearby, to keep them all safe.

Auni keeps trying to get the Luxere to calm down. Kiada fills her bucket with more snow and joins Adam with trying to put it out.
can your heart still break?
if it's already stopped breathing?
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
moral of the story is, i will gut you if i need to
i will carve my way out
Of fucking course the guild is on fire.

Hotaru moves as swiftly as she can after the blaze erupts, grabbing her supplies still kept safely in her leather bag. She is lucky to already have camped out on the first floor at least. There's no time for hesitation, and she doesn't care much for the nameless faces scrambling like hell to get out. She curses her own uselessness, her lack of magic and ability, and sprints for the door. As she goes her sharp eyes search for Deimos and Kiada, hearing her niece calling out orders. Immediately her plans change, and she trusts that Deimos will find his way free with his beloved. She has her own concerns now.

Bursting towards the door Hotaru grabs at Kiada, hoping to shove her further from the flames and outside into the chill with her body weight and motion. It's a useless endeavour, and she's not going to lose her niece. Not even if it sacrifices those who remain inside. "It's too powerful, get back!" Her sharp tone slices through the roar of sound and panic, ready to bodily haul Kiada away from the Guild's carcass if she needs to.

Hotaru grabs her bag and sprints for the door, hoping to shove Kiada back out into the snow.
with only my teeth
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Change author:

Samuel
We can leave life for tomorrow
Or grieve all that we thought we’d do
When he was almost carried out the door by Nate and pushed out into the snow, Sam could do nothing but crouch down, hands over his head. He had promised himself he wouldn't go out, not until Longnight was over, but here he was, flushed out like rats from a cage.

At first Lily's request fell on deaf ears, Sam far too wrapped up in his terror and panic (and soul-crushing guilt, oh Gods Remi wasn't out yet, why wasn't Ronin or Rexanna here? Was he to have their souls on his conscience?). But as she began to sing and he looked up, saw the Luxere around them, he understood what it was she was doing.

Singing for survival.

His voice croaky and tired, he began to sing, softly at first then louder, tear-rimmed eyes looking at the creatures around them.

"What makes you go abroad fighting for strangers?
When you could be safe at home free from all dangers..."

He began to sing, a song he'd picked up from an Outlander back when he had been cataloguing classical ballads, a song that had stuck with him.

----
Sam sings with Lily.

(He's singing this.)

Or make each moment new
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
legends are slippery little things. for the glory that coats them
hides the pain, suffering
Fire.

His mind didn’t panic, his body didn’t flee. Instead, as he so often did, the Sword marched headlong into danger.

The fire simmered in his blood, in his veins now, like a calling, like a throng, like a siren, following the flickering flames amidst screams and yells. The beast, the monolith, inclined his way down corridors of smoke and plumes, ignored the way his lungs immediately protested. Go he ordered to Zuriel, who for once, actually administered to orders without disdain or superiority. His accord snapped through the Attuned bond, to Amalia, to Kiada, to any others listening. I am headed for the fire. I will try to control it.

Then he did just as he’d said – reaching the back half of the guild being engulfed, smothered, smoldered, and consumed. It was like facing his father, which he’d never dared to do. It was like facing hell, which he’d done time and time again. He lifted his palms, called to the inferno, and sought to administer dominion over it.

--

Deimos tries to use his mastered fire magic to control the blaze.
and death that spun them
DEIMOS
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
MELITA
There was no use screaming or howling into the void; her senses were merely movement and motion, the fight or flight panic driving her onward, Fangorn clutched in her arms. Her weapons were useless for these moments, and she knew it, understood it, and though any other time she would’ve headed straight for the blaze with her own effervescent entity, child of the sands, daughter of the dunes, she’d be useless in these exploits. Instead, she followed the rest, out into the open void (the monsters were all she could think), threading her way into the middle of the luxere. Listening to the swell of song, trying not to cry, not to fall apart, not to sear and simmer like the rest of the beautiful building, she hummed beneath her breath, along the overtures, attempting to do something in the peril.

--

Melita goes outside and tries to help keep the luxere calm too.
She's so hard to please
But she's a forest fire

Change author:
Kiada is stronger than Hotaru, so unless the hybrid cooperates, she won't be moved that easily.

Adam successfully flails a bit of snow and water around, while Kiada is just as (un)successful in this, if not more coordinated.

Lily and Samuel combined do well to soothe the herd. Even so, they'll not stay long by a burning building. As Melita joins the group gathers, peering with wide and frightened eyes. Soon, a decision will have to be made.

Deimos instantly has control over the blaze. It weaves with his control and from within the bowels of the house, something screams in response. Tendrils of ash and smoke lash out with an animated tenacity. The Sword's lungs fill with smoke and his eyes are mercilessly blurred with ash. Teeth and claws glint in the firelight as the monsters reap the rewards of their maelstrom of destruction, intent on seeing it all burn.

Outside: Lily, Sam, Nate, Rexanna, Jigano, Hotaru, Melita

Inside: Remi, Ronin, Deimos, Amalia, Kiada, Peter, Adam, Amun
RaNdOM EVENT
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87
Peter
Peter had, apparently chosen the worst time to nap he could have. Not that it was really his fault. No day or night had messed with his sense of time, and he was trying to manage it the best he could. The smell of smoke was what woke him, and the scene he opened his eyes to was bedlam.

He was on his feet in an instant, Apricum at his side. Without thought, Peter reached out, trying to find some water he could use to help this. People ran by, faces he knew and didn’t know, but most everyone seemed to have given up on the building. So he follows suit, hoping to find Adam on his way out.

The shouting from outside became clearer as he got closer to the door, and Pet distinctly heard Adam, shouting about... piss? Peter barreled towards the voice, wrapping an arm around Adam as he went and getting soaked for his trouble. ”Adam!” He caught sight of the horn, blinking at it, then shook the other man excitedly. ”Water! C’mon!” Without explaining, Peter tugs Adams arm, pulling him back towards the burning building, his magic pulling water from the horn and into the guild.

Peter runs out and immediately back in, this time with water (and Adam)
I don't wanna live that way
I do not wanna live in pain

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
It had all gone so, so wrong. Deep down Ronin knew that they were, in one way or another, the cause of the blaze. Bringing in Roana when she had been seized by the LongNight monsters (and keeping her body there, too); going outside again and again and again. The door to the guild had been opened and closed so many times throughout this, the darkest of nights, that it was surprising, truly, that it had taken this long for them to receive their retribution.

But that didn’t make it any easier to bear. The guildmaster ran into his husband - almost literally - as he darted through the burning building, Ronin seizing Remi’s arms to halt his panicked progress. “She is safe. I have her.” Obviously he meant their daughter, and by the faraway look in his eyes (and the fact that Aoife wasn’t with him directly) he was talking about his projection. Indeed, from upstairs, having covered her with a blanket and keeping low to the ground to avoid the smoke, an astral version of Ronin was already descending to the ground floor and rushing out.

“It’s all lost, Remi. We have to get out of here, quickly.”

Astral!Ronin gets Aoife to safety, while Real!Ronin tries to convince Remi to go.
a star in someone else's sky

Coding base by Sky!