Through Cartilage and Fluid
For Rexanna
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87
PETER
Peter turns to watch Rexanna, concern on his face as she tilts her head up, but shes still smiling, still relaxed, and so he relaxes as well, leaning in a little closer to her side. "I can... I will talk to him. And uh... we can come see you? If... if thats okay." Adam will just have to deal with it, whether he wants to or not.

As Rexanna begins to talk about Loren, what she believed about him, Peter found his yes wandering to her aforementioned brand, then to his own hands, the crisscrossing marks on them. He doesn't really understand what the woman has gone through either, except that its different and similar to what he's been through himself. Though, he thinks most pain can be similar, if it runs deep enough, if it leaves you with marks. There's nothing Peter has to add to her words though, so he just nods, chewing on his lip, glad that she can't see it.

There is a beat of silence while his words settle, Peter not seeing the similarity to the offer Rexanna had made him until just this moment. "I said... I said I wanted to stay. And to... to keep trying to make it... good." He pauses, tilts his head to the side and thinks. "I know Za... Zariah, um, probably didn't mean to... I don't know. Do this. I just... I don't wanna... And... maybe I should? But..." Peter squeezed Rex's hand again, his fingers tighter, but still careful. "I don't want to leave."
And oh, don’t you wanna love?
And don’t you wanna feel?
I remember, you were reckless, you were hungry
You were real
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
am i running through that mind of yours at all?
i have big ideas for you and me
He leans in closer to her, and while she has no warmth of her own to offer, she soaks up his like a reptile in the sun. “That would be wonderful.” She comments quietly, trying to imagine who this Adam is, if she’d seen him in passing before. Nothing comes to mind just yet, but still, she focuses on the happiness of Peter’s words, and it reflects on her person like a mirror. She hopes he can see how happy she is for him, to have found someone like she has.

Silence overcomes them while Rexanna explains what she knows about Loren, before she questions him what his decision to remain in the family was. Silence once more, briefly, but she knows he hasn’t left. Her head tilts slightly to the side toward him as he begins to speak. She nods, understanding, that the Launceleyn name could become so much better than it was once. Far more helpful, far less abusive and manipulative. Even if those tendencies ran deep.

She aims to squeeze his hand back as he finishes his statement, nothing but understanding and appreciation underlying her words and thoughts on the matter. “I think that the Launceleyn name has a lot of baggage and bad reputation, not entirely from here. But I trust that Loren does want to change that, so that people like you feel safe being a part of it.” She tells him, a smile crossing her face. “I want what’s best for you. And if that’s staying, helping Loren with whatever he needs so you two can start the name on a good note? I’d love to help any way I can.
i feel lucky, with the worst luck
that i met you when I felt messed up
REXANNA
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
PETER
Peter shifts against Rexanna in the silence, at first seeming like he’s going to pull away, but then, as if he’s rethinking it in the moment, settling back in close to her side, this time with his head lightly resting on her shoulder. There is a little bit of guilt that comes with the movement, he’d come here to help her feel better, and instead he’s the one being comforted. At the same time though, it’s nice. When was the last time he’d trusted anyone enough to do this? Other than Adam, but this was different.

Her words bring some comfort to him, and inspire some more trust in Loren. Peters words come more quickly this time, less thought out into them, but more feeling. ”That’s why... I-I want to... to make a place where I... where anyone feels safe.” It was a nice idea, but whether it was possible remained to be seen. Peter was going to work at it though, help Loren, and lean on Rex, and the other friends he’d made, and make something better.

”Thank you, Rex.” Peter honestly isn’t sure if he’s thanked the ascended for anything before now, but if he hasn’t he should have. Slowly, he pulls his hand out of hers, and leans in to wrap his arms around her in a loose hug. The gesture makes him a little nervous, but it’s also the most effective way to get everything across, and have it be understood.
You were real
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
am i running through that mind of yours at all?
i have big ideas for you and me
It almost seems like Peter is going to shift and move away from her, whether to leave or give space, but she’s pleased when he settles back into her – head on her shoulder while she rests her own against his. For one of the first times this LongNight, aside from her time with Bastien, she feels fully at peace and relaxed, content all things considered. And she listens diligently while his voice comes out more confident this time, a smile blooming across her lips at that.

I think that you should, Peter.” She tells him in easy agreement. A place where everyone and anyone can feel safe – to not have to look over their shoulders just in case. What she wouldn’t have given in Asciend to have something like that so readily available.

His gratitude is welcome, and she turns to him slightly when he moves, pulling his hand from hers and wrapping her in a hug that she, too, returns – arms rubbing gently along his back as she nestles her head into his shoulder. “You’re welcome. You’re going to do great things.” She says quietly, honestly. But then she pulls away after a few beats of silence, giving him a bright smile. “You should probably get back to Adam though, before he wonders where you’ve ran off to.” She teases gently, nose wrinkling slightly in her jesting.
i feel lucky, with the worst luck
that i met you when I felt messed up
REXANNA
Peter Pikely

Change author:
PETER
His affection, his closeness, is accepted, and it brings a warm fuzzy feeling into his chest as Rexanna returns the gesture. Peter wants to do better, to make things better, if only to make her proud, though he knows he doesn’t need to do anything just for that. ”I’m... im going to try to.” He tells her, pulling away when she does without any fuss.

”I... I probably should go back” The agreement is obviously reluctant but: ”He’s already...worried. Because I um... I went out.” Peter laughs sheepishly, then slowly eases himself off the bed. ”I’ll... I’ll make sure someone else um... comes to sit with you. Or help.”
You were real