Ghost story (open)

Age: 315 | Height: | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Silphi Away
Change author:
MP: 0
From what Jigano had said it was clear to Aonghas that Deepfrost here was similar to latter half of the year back home, so there was at least something familiar for him to cling to. The preparations to save him from a cold brutal death from the beasts that roamed in the LongNight however, that was new. But whoever said he was averse to trying new things.

Aonghas had heard little of the fae in his time here, but he had also heard they weren’t fond of anyone not of their own. Knowing full well that the best thing to do in situations like these was to keep a respectable distance and don’t cross into territory you weren’t welcome in, he crossed his arms and looked to Amun. ”Most likely, they’ll appreciate us knowing our boundaries - I imagine.” He then cocked his head and said a little more lightly, ”but you never know, maybe they’re fond of parties too?” It was more an addendum to get a chuckle but he looked to Jigano for his insight. After all, if everyone in Caido worshipped the same gods then did that mean the fae celebrated Fiat Lux also? Common ground tended to be the key to winning yourself allies.

”Although I am curious, has there been much in the way of hostilities from the fae… or are we all just begrudging neighbours?” It hadn’t really crossed his mind to probe about the Greatwood until Amun had asked, so now his interest was definitely piqued.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5225
"After being told that your conversation partner isn't in the mood for games you continue to push boundaries where you've been told it isn't wanted?" He asked of Amun with a raised brow, disappointed but not surprised at this point. "Staying silent and staying inside are good ways to stay alive. But if you don't believe me, you're free to step outside again, and see if it goes better for you this time." He thought he vaguely recalled an injured Ascended man being let in at one point. Since Amun certainly hadn't begun the week at the Guild it seemed reasonable that it had been him, though what he'd been doing out in the dark Jigano still didn't know.

Fiat Lux should have been a lighter turn of conversational topic, but Amun managed to turn even that into a conflict, and Jigano felt annoyance rising even through his grief. "I hadn't been worried before you felt the need to put emphasis on it," he pointed out dryly.

He was regretting offering to tell them about the Greatwood. Well, one of them, at least. Aonghas seemed a courteous enough fellow, though Amun came across as more of a hormonal teenager, complete with adolescent sass and an overactive libido. At least the blond had been doing more listening than flirting, and Jigano nodded firmly at his guesses. "Yes to both, actually," he agreed with approval. "They are protective of their home, and no one who isn't Fae is allowed in Sidhe Village. The Greatwood has been closed to the barrierfolk before as well, though at the moment I believe only Ascended are forbidden to cross the border. They don't take to trespassers well, to say the least." He tilted his head at Aonghas's question thoughtfully. "Initially they kidnapped some of the first to explore into the Greatwood when the barrier that once isolated this area first fell, but they were eventually released unharmed. As long as you don't cross the line, they leave you alone. Once you're in their woods, though, they have little patience for unnecessary killing or destruction in their home."

He grimaced faintly, putting the suturing book away. "Almost all of the hostilities so far have been towards them, not from them. The first expedition was an innocent mistake. But then the Voice used the Ascended to spread her blight into the Greatwood, a sickness that infected all living things and which would have killed the woods within a year if left unchecked." It had also affected many in the Hollowed Grounds, as well. "The old gods and a Wild Fae named Arduinna worked together to create a solution for it... one which Arduinna sacrificed herself to accomplish, saving the woods and those of us who had also been afflicted." He paused to swallow back the lump in his throat that still rose when he thought about that dark time. "That is why the Ascended aren't welcome there anymore. For betraying the hospitality of the wood and bringing death and sickness to the homes and families of the Fae." He turned a cool gaze on Amun, though he still spoke to Aonghas. "Then, recently, a second trespass occurred. A group of Ascended violated the peace, went into the Greatwood, and proceeded to attack and kill one of the Fae's most sacred landmarks... and murdered those Fae who guarded it and tried to stop them. After LongNight I suppose we'll learn what the consequences of that action will be," he said, shaking his head wearily. "Though the Fae are understandably angry at the moment, and likely to remain so for some time, given how much longer they live than humans do."
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Man. Jigano really was a bore. Now that they’d been speaking a while, the Ascended remember why the other man’s name had sounded so familiar: this was that Sage that Amun had heard spoken of. For a sage, though, the white-haired man seemed to have a remarkable lack of insight and wisdom. ”Your boundaries are so far out I’m surprised people don’t bump into them when you walk into the room, parsley.” Or maybe they did, and that’s why the master of the Loreseekers was so bitter.

Jigano the Sage could be as disappointed as he wanted to; the potter was just speaking cheerfully and teasingly and at this point nothing would stop him. ”I’ve been outside twice, and had a threesome, and I’m still alive. Thriving in fact.” He gave both men a wicked grin. ”So really, this whole dour exterior thing and not having any fun is your choice, not something the rest of us have to follow.” Indeed, Amun was well aware that in the Temple at least, people were doing their best to live their best lives. Maybe Jigano should try it sometime. ”You gotta lighten up, cinnamon, or you’re just gonna drive people away with all these walls.”

Falling silent at the explanation of the Fae’s animosity towards the people of the Hollowed Grounds—and the Ascended in particular—Amun nodded along. Seemed that Aonghas was right. The potter flashed the blonde a grin before turning back to the white-haired man. ”Happy to invite them to as many parties as necessary. But I wasn’t responsible for any of those trespasses. Seems extreme to ban an entire race just because one of them might cause trouble.” The Ascended tilted his head and gave Jigano a bright grin. ”What if you were banned from somewhere because of something you didn’t do, rosemary? How would you react?” Presumably the sage would spout some nonsense about respecting boundaries again.

Age: 315 | Height: | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Silphi Away
Change author:
MP: 0
Aonghas let the barbs between Amun and Jigano pass over his head. He could have chalked it up to being stuffed indoors making you go a little stir-crazy however, they had both come in from the outside. The chalk and cheese reactions from both men perplexed him a little and he had inadvertently taken a literal step back as he watched them both with a furrowed brow. The back and forth between the two was short and sweet yet again before Jigano explained what he knew of the Fae and the transgressions against them.

Aonghas listened silently, understanding of course that he was only getting one man’s side of the events. However, given that man’s status and role in Caido he had hoped it would be an unbiased one. Although.… nuance was sometimes lost in brief summaries. It was at the mention of the destruction of the sacred landmark that made his already serious expression darken further. He cast a glance to Amun when he began to speak. So he was an Ascended. His defensiveness was a little understandable.

Part of him did wonder how Jigano would react, in reference to Amun's question but he could also feel the rising tension in the small space between them all and that was enough to extinguish the curiosity. Not to mention, playing piggy in the middle in a sass fight wasn’t his idea of a good time. ”I think maybe there’ll be another, more appropriate time to discuss the geopolitical tensions in Caido, don’t you?” He addressed them both. ”I think it’s been a taxing LongNight for us all and the best thing to do would be to avoid any further excitement.” His face softened and he tried to speak in as light a tone as he could muster.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5225
”Some people more so than others,” Jigano said pointedly on the topic of walls.

”I believe the banning is less in relation to them as individuals and more in relation to their goddess using them as tools,” he said, deceptively mildly. ”The problem isn’t that there are a few bad apples amongst the Ascended, it’s that the Voice can use even the kindest and best-intentioned among that race as unwitting weapons.” He shook his head at the continued needling, too weary with grief to deal with the way that Amun seemed determined to continue pushing the boundaries of a man who had deliberately sought out solitude for quiet mourning. ”How do you know that I haven’t been?” he asked back, voice soft. ”You will find no shortage of people here who have had to hide or flee, or been banned or shunned because of parts of themselves they cannot change. I’m glad to say that most choose empathy and respect over selfishness and picking fights with those who would have been our allies, though. But you seem to have LongNight figured out, and since I am not interested in your definition of ‘fun’ during it, I’ll bid you farewell.” He gave the man a shallow bow before turning to Aonghas. It wasn’t the newcomer’s fault that he had been pulled into the middle of one man’s grief and another’s mocking of it, and he had the right idea in ending things here.

”I apologize for not being more welcoming during LongNight, but if you have further questions I will do my best to answer them whenever you’d like. Please don’t hesitate to seek me out.” He couldn’t quite find the energy to summon a smile for the blond, but his expression was apologetic before he turned and walked away, heading for a quieter place to wait out the end of the week.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
”Then the Fae should take it up with The Voice, not innocents. As should everyone else who has a problem with her.” His voice came out unflinchingly. The goddess might be more reluctant to answer those who were not her bright ones, but that didn’t mean she never answered. And Amun, at least, would also be happy to put the Fae (and others) in contact with the goddess if both parties thought it would be helpful. Jigano, however, seemed determined that the Ascended were beyond help just because they were instruments of a god. Well, there were instruments of other gods, and the potter didn't blame them for their actions.

Cool. Walking away from a tough conversation wasn’t a sign of strength, at least not to the Ascended. However, that’s exactly what Jigano did. Amun smirked at the retreating figure of the retreating man. ”See you around, thyme.” Then the potter turned to Aonghas, the smirk morphing into an easy grin. ”And you too, untitled. Sorry you got dragged in to all that.” With that, Amun gave the blonde a cheerful wave, before turning and walking away as well, whistling a sea shanty as he went.