are you still hurting?
Ronin! <3
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
maybe we exist to bleed // maybe we exist to burn
oh but who can say which?
She hadn’t gotten the chance last time she had slipped away to speak to Ronin. The fire had started, and the fire had claimed. They had all ran out and watched it burn, fleeing along the heels of the glowing gilded Luxere. Gods how she hated this place. She doesn’t know if now is the right time to seek him out again, after everything that’s happened. She also doesn’t know if he has any of the answers she seeks – but she’s destroyed in and out of the events of this LongNight all over again. A repeat of last year.

Not being fast enough.

And so she drifts toward Ronin when she spots where he may be, hoping not to bother him with her useless questions, her useless presence, added only in the fact they’ve maybe talked once and that was when the Sparkbird had arrived last year. When he had suffered as much loss, if not more, as she had. At least they both have something to remember their loved ones by.

Inhaling deeply, she lifts her hand to the wood of the door, knocking again. “Ronin, do you have a moment?” A repeat of before, hoping she’s not intruding, hoping she’s not bothering. Perhaps she shouldn’t have bothered at all.
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
THE FALLEN STAR
A quiet room in the Temple to think, all by oneself? A rarity indeed, but Ronin had been allowed the luxury for long enough that he didn’t mind the interruption when it did come. He had been sitting at a table within the room - a study, it must have been, once upon a time - sketching roughly away at a scrap of parchment. The guild, burned. The Rathskeller, burned. And the sun was still yet to rise. No Spark Bird this year, he thought, to lend light to their darkest times. Nothing but the cold and the monsters.

Glancing up at the sound of a voice, Ronin arched an eyebrow and rose to his feet. He answered the door in borrowed clothes with carelessly tousled hair, his face still smudged here and there with soot. Still, he managed a smile for Kiada, however tired and restless it might be. “Of course,” he said, standing aside to let her in. “Do you want to come and hide from everyone with me for a bit? I don’t think anyone knows about this room yet.”

It was true that he could only remember having one conversation with Kiada, at this very time last year, but that didn’t make her any less welcome in his eyes. “What’s on your mind?”
now don’t you lose hope
I swear I never dream that we’re alone
I swear I still believe but I don’t know
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
A quiet room seemed hard to come by, not that the Harpy had looked very hard for one. As Ronin answers the door, shadowed icy eyes immediately are brought to his face, the soot markings and the exhaustion that seems to cling to him. But she, too, can’t really muster a smile in greeting for him. “Thanks.” She says quietly instead, slipping through beside him to glance around the room briefly. “I don’t imagine it’ll take them long before they do find it.” A hint of humor, but most of it is lost on her.

Turning to Ronin when he asks her what’s on her mind, causes her to pause and inhale deeply. She’s not sure where to even start, but she figures it’s easier if she eludes into it. “I, uh, wanted to know I guess if you’ve ever upset Safrin? Or any god, for that matter.” She doesn’t know how Ludo will take to the bargain, to having failed and not gathered enough items and trinkets to appease the monster, nor enough backup to fight off the creature holding the soul… But she has to start somewhere. And if Ronin has upset Safrin, and is still one of her chosen? Well, perhaps that just meant there was hope after all. That she hadn’t blown it apart in the end.
KIADA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
THE FALLEN STAR
“No, I imagine you’re quite right.” Still, until they were rumbled by others looking for a place to hide away from LongNight, the room was as close to a sanctuary as it got. He moved to return to his seat, to his sketches, where half formed figures walked along shorelines or climbed across rocks beside the sea. Given that it wasn’t really his room, per say, Ronin didn’t offer Kiada a seat, trusting her to take one if she wanted to.

”Upset Safrin?” he echoed with an arch of his eyebrow, not particularly understanding what she meant. “I don’t think I have. I said some terrible things when I was blighted, but she didn’t ever seem upset with me. I can’t say I’ve been around many other gods to judge if they like me or not, either.” He smiled awkwardly, as if he was letting her down. “Why do you ask?”
now don’t you lose hope
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
As Ronin begins to find a seat, Kiada glances around the quiet room a small amount more, before finding one for herself. Sinking down into it, her gaze drifts to the sketches, having never known that he was an artist or that he enjoyed other things. It’s part of her inability to realize someone could have other interests other than what the world wanted from you – having always been a warrior, a fighter, and leaving little room to explore something else. Perhaps she’ll try, soon, to do something somewhat different.

At her question, though, she can see the arch of his eyebrow briefly as she folds her hands into her lap, nodding in understanding of the blight. “Ah.” She says quietly, biting down on her lower lip before shaking her head to his awkward smile. It was an honest question with an honest answer, and that’s really all she can ask for at the end of the day.

I’m afraid I may have upset Ludo.” She pauses, gaze drifting from Ronin to the sketch, then to the floor as if she isn’t sure where to look before acknowledging the shame that burns within her. “I… Lost someone last LongNight,Someone important to me like Vanya was to you. “And I asked to see him again. It told me that the LongNight monsters still had his soul and that if I wanted to save him I needed to go and retrieve the soul.To slay him is to save him.And well, Jigano and I weren’t strong enough to slay the monster… I had to make it a bargain to let us leave. And since I’ve failed it, I… I’m just not sure what to do.” A light frown crosses her face, a sigh leaving her lips as she begins to wring her hands lightly.
KIADA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
THE FALLEN STAR
Despite the unlikely nature of the question, Ronin couldn’t help but feel as though he hadn’t given the answer that Kiada was looking for - luckily enough, it didn’t seem as though she was unwilling to expand on it. It would be a lie to say that he didn’t grow immediately concerned at hearing Ludo’s name, particularly when she mentioned upsetting it, but he tried to school his expression lest she realise how close to home it hit. Remi has upset the masked god once upon a time too, after all.

“I’m sorry to hear that.” He sighed softly; he had thought it to be the case based on their meeting at the Spark Bird the previous LongNight, but as always the tragedy continued far beyond a single incident. “I see...” He was quiet for a few moments after her explanation, ruffling a hand through his hair. “How do you know that failing will upset it? You won’t know that until you speak with it properly. But... what bargain did you make?”
now don’t you lose hope
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
When it came to the gods of Caido, Kiada is immensely unaware of how they all are, how they all work, what kind of things might offend and what might not. At least Ronin, in the Harpy’s eyes, was close enough to maybe have an idea. And when he doesn’t, really, it doesn’t change her thoughts too much. It just increases a small amount of worry that settles beneath her heart. She’s incredibly pessimistic as of late, and with that it doesn’t seem to bother her much that he can’t entirely answer it for her.

That’d be too easy, right?

At his sigh, she crosses one leg over another with a small shrug. The past was the past, there was nothing that could be done to change it. But he brings up a good point, one that causes her to smile perhaps a bit sadly. “I’m not sure if it will upset them… I just, assume the worst.” She shrugs, reaching to point to the X scar on the side of her neck. “I got this gift from a god from a previous world, so you can imagine my anxieties I’m sure.” A dark attempt at humor before she sighs quietly.

It wanted Ascended upgrades. As many that I thought Ru’in’s soul was worth.” And her smile falls toward a frown, because it’s still something she can’t quantify. "I'm afraid they might be trying to make another kind of Spire Demon." Her eyes flit upward to look to Ronin, now, hoping to show that she's unwilling to succeed with that bargain specifically because of that.
KIADA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
THE FALLEN STAR
“If you assume the worst you can’t be disappointed,” Ronin echoed with a quiet smile, glancing up at Kiada and shrugging his shoulders. ”I can certainly see the appeal, but it doesn’t bring much joy to life in the meantime. Not that assuming the best is any better - that’s more naive than I care to be. Somewhere in the middle? It’s not so bad.” Not that he’d been particularly optimistic as of late; maybe it was LongNight. Maybe it would always have this effect on him. But listening to Kiada - dropping himself into another person’s shoes even for a moment, did much to get him out of his own head.

A good thing too, because the bargain of Ascended upgrades and her worry - I’m afraid they might be trying to make another Spire Demon made his blood run cold, and it was all he could do not to flinch back in his seat. Still, the Harpy’s expression made it clear about her stance on that particular trade, and Ronin forced himself to relax in his seat.

“Speaking to Ludo sounds for the best.” In light of what had happened it seemed the only way to make headway. “I would take a god being upset with me over a Spire Demon. That thing won’t be reasoned with, it won’t bargain. But if you need any help from me, I’m here, okay?”
now don’t you lose hope
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
There’s a quiet smile that reaches her own at Ronin’s deduction of her thoughts. “Exactly.” A slight drawl, some small amusement with it that it’s exactly how she works. And if things go well? Well, it just meant that she’d be pleasantly surprised. As he continues on, though, she listens with a soft nod. “Middle. I’ll have to try that.” She offers, hands stilling from wringing her wrists in her lap as she explains her bargain, head lifting up toward Ronin to see how he takes it.

Good points.” She admits, deciding at the end of the day that explaining what happened to Ludo is definitely the most beneficial of things to do in this situation – and at the end of the day? At least she’d tried. “Thank you Ronin.” She offers quietly, another small smile gracing her lips at his offer of help. But a thought hits her then, and she straightens her back a bit. “I think I just need something else to focus on. Do you have any plans… Since the Monster Hunter Guild and all that?” She asks quietly, deciding internally that if he doesn’t want to continue the mantle of that… Since it’s gone and he has a family to watch out for, that perhaps someone else could.

She’s hunted monsters before, and perhaps with practice it’ll make next LongNight a breeze.
KIADA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
THE FALLEN STAR
“I’d recommend it. And if the middle doesn’t work, you’ve already got a system to fall back on.” Ronin winked at her; he doubted very much that it wouldn’t work, given the infectious nature of hope. What a strange road he had found himself down, he thought, turning over the philosophical with someone he had met, he thought, only a handful of times. This might have been their first real conversation, in fact. Still, Ronin saw the raw hurt that he’d held in his own heart, and he knew well where Kiada was coming from.

Still, he had been the one to offer help - he hadn’t expected it in return, however vague the remark had been. “Me? Well... my home burned to the ground, and the Monster Hunter’s Guild with it... and I recently abdicated from a throne I felt obliged to sit on.” A wry smile. It sounded like a midlife crisis, when he laid it all out like that. “Remi has been through so much, since coming to the Hollowed Grounds... we all have. I think we’re going to travel a little, from here. Whenever it’s possible, anyway.”

And what an idea that was. A soldier, Ronin had never really travelled for leisure, and the unknown was tantalising in its possibilities. (And maybe fleeing those who held them responsible for so much was part of it, but less talk about that). “I’ll still hunt monsters, I think. But I’ll not be rebuilding the guild.”
now don’t you lose hope
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
His playfulness does well to break her out of the icy chamber she’s cocooned herself in, probably because he’s faced a similar traumatic experience and still managed to come out on the other side – the other side of death and life, of love after it all. Perhaps there’s still hope for her after all. She even manages to give him a brighter smile in response to his wink, a nod. “I suppose I do.” At least it’s gotten her this far.

But as she brings up the Guild, to see his reaction and what he plans to do, she listens diligently. A nod of understanding, not entirely of the ruling aspect, but definitely of homes being lost and purpose shifting. “You both have been through a lot.” She announces with a soft smile, after all that Remi had been through – Ronin had been brought back from the dead after all. “A vacation or new place to stay definitely sounds like the right plan.” Perhaps because there were too many memories surrounding the Hollowed Grounds now a days.

He mentions he’d still hunt monsters, and she nods to it as well, a contemplative look crossing her face. “Well… When I went to my second world, I did a bit of monster hunting – mostly for protection, but I still managed it. So if you need someone to take the mantle of it while you go and explore and enjoy yourselves, I’d be happy to help.” Something to take her mind away from the inevitable, away from the darkness it was prone to slip to, to the pessimism. At least in this way, she could help. She could find some people to rebuild it, to expand it without Ronin needing to worry about any of it all.
KIADA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
THE FALLEN STAR
Ronin’s smile was a little wan and sad at the reminder that he and Remi had been through a lot. He felt it keenly, the weight of all they had done and seen and suffered, and Kiada had the right of it - the Hollowed Grounds simply had too many attached memories for him to feel anything but a sense of unease in the place. Still somewhat lost in his thoughts, Ronin raised an eyebrow as the Harpy mentioned... taking over from him at the guild?

His smile was bright and sudden, like the sunshine after a storm, and he nodded slowly to her. “I think you would make a fine guildmistress,” he said, softly and honestly. “The mantle is yours, if you’d have it. I used to have a book where I had sketched and written about all the things we had encountered. Unfortunately the fire took it, but I’ll write down all that I remember for you. I’ll put something on the Notice Board after LongNight too, so that people know.”
now don’t you lose hope
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
She can watch the shift in his smile, the almost sorrowful reminder of how terrible the recent years since arriving here had been – and she can relate, so deeply, so intimately to that very same feeling that when her offer hits the table and his smile shifts, she’s surprised. Her eyes widen a small amount under the brilliance of it, and she finds it reflecting on her own in that very same quiet surprise. It had been an impulsive thought, but like she had told Deimos once before – she wanted to help people, atone for the sins she’d committed in the past couple of worlds.

One step at a time.

That would be great, thank you.” She offers, smiling brighter at his compliment. “Any little bit helps, and rebuilding it should be easy enough with Deimos around.” She comments, a small amount of humor slipping through. It wouldn’t be the same as what Ronin or Remi were used to, but it would be something, to continue on the necessity of the world they found themselves in. Only, hopefully less Spire Demons and LongNight monsters. One day.
KIADA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
THE FALLEN STAR
“The pleasure would be mine.” Ronin smiled warmly. “While I don’t think Remi and I have any solid plans currently, rest assured if I’m in the area, I’ll always be available to help with any hunts you have going on.” And a little more responsibility slipped from shoulders developing a lot of chips on them. He nodded in wry agreement about Deimos - all around him those he knew grew stronger in leaps and bounds. (And he was left behind, dead at first and blighted later).

Still, it wasn’t all doom and gloom, and Ronin sincerely hoped that the guild would help Kiada find some sort of peace. Perhaps, indeed, they would all start to heal over the coming seasons. One step at a time, however small.

~FIN
now don’t you lose hope