Mini Event Reap what you have sown
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Age: 108 | Height: 4' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 28 - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
these violent delights have violent ends
"Portals are portals." The queen snaps. "Before the barrier was up and the gods were forced to cage your master, movement wasn't restricted. There were no storms. Nothing to prevent anyone from going anywhere." She crossed her arms. "What your people do or don't want, where they do or do not want to go has nothing to do with us. Had you asked, had you made this a discussion instead of a blood bath we would be on very different terms now. But just as you did when the barrier fell, you ignored our autonomy and our laws."

As Wessex mentions being brought against their will, the Guardian pauses. Her moss-lit eyes sparkling darkly. "Do they not know then, Queen Wessex? Just who it was who brought them here against their will?" Was that the goal of it then? To erase the Voice's treachery in bringing the Outlanders here in the first place, that it was because of she that they were all caged as they were for centuries? By allowing them movement? To Halo of all places?
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:

“Really? You would have sat down with me and played nice?” Wessex laughs wryly. “I doubt that, Delah Tairnenach. I doubt that very much.” A brief pause. “The man who started the incident is dead, and no, I didn’t want it to go down like this. But I just told you I offered a cease-fire before anyone died, a discussion, and you said the offer wasn’t legitimate. I would think that any offer to stop death and destruction would be welcome. So which is it?”

The Hallowed Grounds Queen crosses her arms and looks at her counterpart with a slightly bemused expression. The War Chief’s emotions are showing.

“Of course they know. Some were brought back to life. Some saved from worse worlds and certain death. And some stumbled upon portals.” She takes an unnecessary breath. “We can stand here and you can continue to yell at me and we can debate the god’s actions and continue to go around in circles... Or you could tell me what you want.”

One of those options has a small chance of succeeding. The other is likely to be the downfall of any semblance of diplomacy between their lands.

WESSEX
come, you spirits that tend on mortal thoughts
unsex me here
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Age: 108 | Height: 4' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Delah merely grins a fanged smile. "You lost your opportunity to know the moment you spilled the blood of my kind." Shaking her head, the war chief merely pulls in an amused breath. For her dislike of the Queen, she is a warrior, not a politician. Yet even so, she speaks like one. "You continued to attack the tree before my warriors arrived. My people will defend our woods to the last. Had you wanted a discussion, as I said, the chance for that was before you attacked our home."

What she wants? What she wants is Wessex' head on a pike. What she wants is to crush the un-life from those cold blue eyes. "So long as you are queen, no one from the Hollowed Ground shall be allowed to enter the greatwood. You were not trusted to enter our villages, and by our grace we allowed out to roam our borders. You have broken our laws, Queen Wessex and murdered my people."

Behind her the hum of magical energy rose like a thousand small wings. Were her emotions showing? Let them. She held all the cards after all.

"Never will the ascended be allowed to walk within our Woods again. But if you truly do wish to free your people as you say, then renounce your title, leave here, and never return."
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:

Maybe Wessex is evolving into both a warrior and a politician. Or maybe she’s just skilled at saving her own ass; which is a highly underrated ability in Caido, if you ask her.  

Wessex returns the fanged smile, “There is more than one way to skin a cat, War Chief. she says. And like the warrior that she is, there is always a Plan B. Or an inkling of a Plan B that needs to be fleshed out with some input. Either way, there will be no immediate answers tonight. “Then a closed border it is. No one crosses to the other side.” The Fae and anyone else living in the Greatwood would be held to the same standards. The Grounders will have to work to better their home from the inside for the time being.

“Will let you know what my people decide to do.” Because ultimately, if they don’t want her, Wessex isn’t going to put her ass on the line. And she’s about had it with multiple ‘holier than thou’ attitudes. If they can do it better, they’re welcome to do so, and will have the opportunity soon. But until then - The Queen turns smartly on her heels and walks back into the growing darkness.

Once they’re out of hearing range, she says to Amun without looking at him, “When you get back, ready a notice for the board about the closed borders. And draft another about a mandatory meeting in a few days.” To Deimos, she murmurs - not to keep Amun out of the loop, but to keep everyone beyond their threesome out of it - “Walk with me when we get to the Outskirts? I need to know what you know about the supposed portal in the Spire.”

WESSEX
come, you spirits that tend on mortal thoughts
unsex me here
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Change author:
Whatever her thoughts are on Wessex's decision, Delah keeps them to herself. She nods and turns back to her warriors, whispering something in the language of fae. Their eyes seem to gleam and their expressions darken for a moment, as they nod in unison.