little town full of little people (open)
open
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
Seeing the hussle and bussle of the market brought a sense of joy back to Oliver. Maybe it was a combination of all his past memories here, but he could help but feel a small bit of happiness as he wandered through the stalls.  

Occasionally he’d stop by and take a quick glance at what each person had to offer, sometimes trying to see if he could barter into doing some work in exchange for different supplies. Twice he did manage to snag a couple of things, once from helping to organize a box and second from carrying a couple of boxes to a different stall. The other times he was turned down, either due to there not being any work to be done or the person not wanting to do such a trade. He wasn’t going to complain, though, he managed to succeed twice and he was happy with what he got. One was a lovely little bracelet. There were a couple of things wrong with it, of course, leading to the person being happy to part with it. Second was a pair of boots. Due to the fact that Deepfrost had ended, the seller was more than happy to get rid of anything that wouldn’t be used in the following months. Oliver was happy because boy did he need a new pair of boots.

So, with the boots in the bag slung over his shoulder and bracelet on his wrist, he continued his journey through the market, searching for something, or someone, exciting.
i just want my existance to be
more than trembling

Age: 315 | Height: | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Silphi Away
Change author:
MP: 0
Surprisingly very little of Aonghas’ time had been spent in actual civilisation since he had arrived - rather he seemed to have spent most of his time either at the Launceleyn Manor, or at the Temple. In fact, he had probably spent a bit too much of his time in the Temple lately and after being holed up there during LongNight he was quite happy to take a break from the grand building.

Deciding to actually get out and explore some more of Caido he opted for the relative safety of the Settlement. Perusing the wares of traders at the market ought to be a good start to Flowerbirth, and would, at the very least, take his mind off of the arduous last season.

It was busy when he had made his way down the great road, the smattering of stalls on either side already inundated with consumers eager for goods. Aonghas too found himself being lured to a stalls of merchants touting for business. Too busy craning his neck to get a better look at what was on offer in the stalls he was passing he hadn’t realised that he would perhaps be an obstacle to the crowd. With his head turned away from the direction he was walking in he felt a collision on his left side, causing his arm to crumple in against his body. He turned immediately to accept fault.

”Oh sorry I- “ His hands came up to the shoulder he had accidentally bumped in an apologetic gesture. ”Oh! It’s… Oliver right?” Aonghas scrutinised the young man’s face for a moment desperately trying to put a name to it. Yes, he was sure he had seen him before. At the manor. There was also the memory of briefly seeing him at the Temple during LongNight.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
Oliver wasn't exactly paying all that much attention. He was a bit too distracted looking at a particular stall as he walked by, it had a gorgeous tapestry hanging off to the side on display. He was half tempted to walk up and make an offer, but something came up. Literally. The sudden bump almost knocked Oliver completely off of his feet. His left foot came down hard and he used that to help steady himself once more. He wasn't the sort to get mad over this type of thing, plus nothing bad had happened so he was more startled than anything else.

Looking at the mysterious person who ran into him, his eyes focused on the other, quickly trying to identify them in his mind. Hearing their voice helped as he soon remembered who it was. Aonhas. The two hadn't really spoken much at all, but Oliver knew they were another resident of the manor.

"Yeah, and you're Aonghas? If I'm not mistaken." It wasn't hard to recognize the other. Having such light hair wasn't all that common so Oliver typically remembered those with hair similar to his own. Call it narcissistic.

"You're all good, I wasn't really paying attention myself. Are you alright?" Then Oliver remembered that they were kind of just standing in the middle of the street. With a smile Oliver took a couple of steps away. "How about we step off to the side? Don't want to block anyone off." Imagine the kind of nasty stares they'd get over that. Ouch.
more than trembling

Age: 315 | Height: | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Aonghas smiled a little when Oliver said his name. It was more falling into an old habit of being smug about being noticed, however he realised that it was more likely that his bewilderment and newness here made him stick out like a sore thumb. The corner of his mouth twitched a little. ”That it is”, he affirmed.

He gave a sweeping gesture to himself and a quick nod. ”No harm done here. Entirely my fault.”.

With a nod at the suggestion of moving out of the way Aonghas followed Oliver’s lead and stepped off to the side. The last thing he needed was getting in the way of someone bigger and less amiable than the young man he had just tromped into.  

”Apologies, that was entirely my fault”.

It had occurred to him, that although sharing space with a good number of people at the manor the only person there he had actually made conversation with was Loren. Well, he was certainly done with hiding away inside. At least for now anyway.

Casting a look about to make sure he was suitably out of the way he turned back to the shorter blonde. ”I feel at least I should give a proper introduction. My name is Aonghas, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” He thrust a pale hand forward for shaking. Aonghas was big on formal introductions, he did however bite back a follow up jest about them both surviving LongNight.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
So he had gotten it right. Oliver smiled at the other man. While the two hadn't quite spoken, he had heard a decent amount as well as he tried his very best to remember everyone's names. It was the least he could do. If he were to remember names and be kind to everyone, it'd make him a happier person as well as bring a little bit more joy to Caido.

"Hey, don't take the full blame, it was my fault too. It takes two to tango." Really. it wasn't like Aonghas had full on ran into him. Plus, he hadn't seen him coming, implying that Oliver was too at fault. Now, if Oliver had stared right at Aonghas as he ran into him...that'd be another story. The two made their way off to the side, avoiding glares from a few naturals. Gods. Some naturals just constantly had a massive stick up their asses, glaring at anyone who didn't perfectly conform to their standards.

Reaching out, Oliver shook the other man's hand, smiling at him. "Guess I should properly introduce myself as well. Oliver. It's nice to finally get to really speak with you." It's surprising that there's still so many people that Oliver has yet to meet. So many names he's heard but no faces to connect them to. "You'd think that living in a manor together would mean that we'd speak more, but man. We're always so busy, huh?" Small talk, really. Nothing too big.

"What brings you outside? Hope I wasn't interrupting anything too important."
more than trembling

Change author:
”You would think so.” Aonghas agreed with a crooked smile. Knowing absolutely full well the reason he hadn’t spoken to most of the residents at the manor was due to his sulking over being stuck in Caido in the first place. All the same, accepting that fact was something he had little choice in and played a large part in him forcing himself outside today.

”Not to mention that Caido seems to keep us all on our toes in some form or another. There never seems to be a dull moment here.” LongNight had just ended and he had heard there was to be a festival later in the season, nothing seemed to be still for long here.

Aonghas smiled thoughtfully at the question. ”Oh well, I hadn’t actually come down to the market specifically before. I thought I would take a gander.” That hadn't been the only reason. He thought back to his conversation with Jigano in the Temple.

“Also, I head heard it’s custom here to prepare for the new season here and ah… rebuild from the last.” He had been aware of some who would have repairs to make- especially with what had happened to the Monster Hunter Guildhall. ”I thought perhaps I could offer assistance to any who would need help with that.” However this area seemed fine, for the most part. Not accounting for the build up of mud that was everywhere.  

"Honestly, I'm still trying to adjust to living here." He followed up quickly, a hand raising to rub the back of his neck.  

Aonghas eyed up the bag that was slung over Oliver’s shoulder. ”What about yourself?”
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
"If it makes you feel any better, the person who I've seen the most is Loren. Hell, I've only really spoken to Abasi once or so." Oliver let out a shrug. People were busy and had tons of more important things to do than talk to each other. "Maybe I could try to convince Loren to let us have a little get together. You know, everyone in the manor could play some games or something." Play cards and gamble or do charades. Something fun to relieve any tension.

"Oh do I know. One moment I think that I'm completely free, the next I'm helping to clean up a disaster or mud is attacking my boots." The last one was a bit more of a joke, but clearly showed that Oliver did normally keep himself busy.

It came off as a major surprise that Aonghas apparently had never been to the market. Oliver loved going to the market! Plenty of fun things happened there. Like, that's where he got his first weapon, a staff, as well that it had let to him meeting tons of fantastic people. "Really? You need to come down here more. Maybe that's why we haven't really seen each other too much." Maybe Aonghas was into different things. Visited other places.

"Yeah, I'm still trying to adjust myself, honestly. I don't like to keep myself cooped up in the mansion...makes me feel more alone. Like I cant really get accustomed." People handled their emotions differently. Maybe Aonghas preferred to be alone. Oliver wasn't going to judge him for it.

The blonde let out a shrug and glanced down at his bag. "Just looking to pick up some stuff. I need more clothes since most of mine is made for colder weather. As well, I'm looking for a weapon or some jewelry. Really, I'm looking for anything that catches my eye."
more than trembling

Change author:
Oliver’s suggestion of a game night made Aonghas give him a curious smile. It definitely wasn’t a bad idea. He supposed it did seem silly that they hadn’t all had the time to sit down and chat. Especially if, as Aonghas assumed, they had all been Outlanders. As much as he understood that people would be busy with their obligations, a little bit of downtime wouldn’t hurt. "I don't see why not."

Grinning at Oliver’s enthusiasm he thought to himself that perhaps he needed to take on a similar perspective. Realising that not all Outlanders were finding the adjustment to Caido quite as difficult as he was. The fact Oliver seemed to take it all a lot better felt oddly encouraging. ”I’ll make sure to try, although I suppose buying things for myself isn’t something I’m used to.”. Well, he hadn’t had to really. His past life provided all… But there he was, thinking of things that weren’t to be now.

He hadn’t meant to, but his expression turned to something a little more pained at the feeling alone remark. ”I… can understand that.” The glumness on his face was quickly corrected and replaced with a slight smile again.

Aonghas nodded as he listened to Oliver’s itinerary, realising suddenly that he too only had thick warm clothes. Although, he was still getting used to the sensation of temperature and still felt the cold more anyway. Perhaps though that was something he would prepare for when the warmer seasons rolled in.

”A weapon?” Aonghas glanced at the slight young man in front of him. He was a little curious now. ”I think after the eventful Deepfrost that isn’t such a bad idea… Say, I hope this isn’t too bold but would you mind if I accompanied you?” A weapon really wasn’t such a bad idea at all.

”It would be nice too, to get to speak with another Outlander who is still a little new at this.” Aonghas gestured around, this being Caido. If he wasn’t mistaken Oliver had arrived in a similar time frame as he had.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
When Aonghas kind of agrees with his idea, Oliver smiled faintly. "Then I guess it's settled? When can try to bring it up to Loren, or well, I will." Surely, Loren would be down for some good ol' family bonding, except none of them are bonding (and Oliver is also pretty sure there's some kind of sexual tension going on somewhere but that's just an assumptions).

Aonghas seemed to be dealing with things far differently than Oliver, which he completely understood. Not everyone handled new worlds the same way so Oliver couldn't judge Aonghas, not in the slightest. All he could do was try and help the man to adjust better, be there for him wherever possible. If that meant accompanying him to the market then sure, why the hell not. "Hey...if you ever need anyone to talk to, you know where to find me in the manor. We don't have to be completely alone, yaknow," There's a reassuring smile and a nice warmness to his voice. A promise to help Aonghas feel better, to help them to fully adjust to this world.

Now, things seemed to be going great, actually. "I don't mind in the slightest." It was perfect! Oliver would be the first person to take Aonghas to the market. Sure, he could use a knife (though, due to time errors he'd end up getting one in a later thread), but right now he wanted to make Aonghas' first time in the market incredible. "Ready to go?" And once he got the go, he'd head back out in the streets, deciding to first focus on finding some clothes for the two of them to wear. "If you see nice colors or styles, let me know! What colors do you like to wear? Personally, I'm alright with wearing pretty much anything, but especially blue, green, and purple."
more than trembling

Change author:
People in Caido, especially the the Outlanders he had met, had been nothing but warm, welcoming and accommodating to him. Yet it always took Aonghas a little off guard at every warm reassurance or offer of assistance that came his way. Still, he was appreciative of Oliver’s kind words and returned the smile. ”Thank you. There have definitely been evenings in the manor were the reality sinks in a little more. I’ll keep your offer in mind the next time I am feeling overwhelmed.”

An appreciative smile followed Oliver’s approval and Aonghas gestured forward for the younger man to lead the way. ”Ready when you are. After you.” It was good to have someone who knew their way around a little better– at least hopefully knowing the less challenging vendors to barter with.

”I tend to go for lighter colours. Blues and Greens usually.” Aonghas mused in response to the question as they both headed back down the path they had initially been on. ”As for style well… On arriving here I’ve found myself a little less acclimatised to weather than I would’ve thought.” He was wearing the dark cloak Loren had gifted him on the first day of his arrival and as if to punctuate what he just said, pulled it up a little tighter around the neck. ”I’m not really sure what would be best for the warmer climes.”

It really was something he would have to get used to soon, if only just for the fact it would make him stick out a little more than he was comfortable with, all bundled up in woollens. ”Where would you suggest first?