[SE] i am the walrus
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Lily
sing me a song of a lass that is gone
Lily laughs, throwing her head back. “I don’t know! I’ll tell ya what though - how about you write your questions down and then come visit me later. We can have tea or sing to the bees and I’ll answer all the questions you can think of until I get tired. How does that sound?”

It also seems like an easy way to keep this conversation on track, considering she isn’t the only one here.

Listening again as Kai rattles off another explanation of what genes are, her brow furrows. How could they determine who would likely to be sick or not? She’s about to ask about that when Loren mentions Rae and being planted and that the god was a twin. Which she kind of remembers hearing, and kind of doesn’t. “And what’s Rae like?” She smiles. “Are all... four? Five? of you similar? I like Frey, they’ve been very kind to me. And I like you… but are you all related and is that why?” It’s a difficult concept to grasp, this idea of being planted, of twins, of Gods and heralds and demi-gods.

It’s easily as confusing as Christianity with that three-in-one crap, but at least here she’s allowed to ask questions without being accused of being a heretic. Colonial America was so uptight about those kinds of things.
merry of soul, she sailed on a day
over the sea to Skye
Scientist

Age: 26 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
KAIMANA
"Okay!" Writing down questions seems like a fabulous idea- Oia will like it, too. And singing to bees while drinking tea?! If your smile could get wider, it totally would. "Where will I find you tho? I'm, uh, not super good at findin' stuff in towns an' people made areas an' stuff."

Gosh, they ask a lot of questions though (ha. ha. ha. who else do we know like that?) You really don't mind though- you like to answer questions about the world, because it helps you learn more, too. Looking back at Loren you tilt your head. "Why do I hafta forgive you?"

But you let that go quickly, nodding emphatically to his question. Yes, you were planted, incubated in an acorn and then a tree, which perhaps is not the usual way of things but it worked pretty well for you. His follow-up isn't something you've really thought about, though; shrugging, you wrinkle your nose bemusedly. "Both? Prolly? I dunno- it wasn't really a normal conception. Maybe we each got one? I'll have to ask 'em." Are you more your ma or your da? Or wherever the other half of your material came from? Or are the Rae twins identical in material, just different in physical manifestations?

So many good questions. You'll have to ask Oia if she knows.

Turning back to Lily, you shake your head at her question. "The gods... they aren't related, exactly, I don' think. 'Cus they're gods they work differently than us. An' the heralds aren't their kids. An' I dun' think Vi has a kid, or if they do I don't know 'em yet."
the earth has music for those who listen
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Loren grinned at Lily, a bright and joyous expression. ”That sounds pretty good to me as well.” Letting out a huff of laughter, he gave Kai an apologetic smile. ”It’s a figure of speech. It just means that I’m not sure if what I’m about to say will offend you or not, and if it does, I apologize in advance.” The summoner's voice came out uncertainly.

Nodding along, the Launceleyn finally tilted his head and gave the demi-god a quizzical look. "Wait, which of the gods have children?" Loren shot a look at Lily before turning his gaze back to the son of Rae. "I know that Safrin imbued someone with her divine power. Does that bestow a different set of capabilities than being born to a god? And are there other examples of mortals becoming demi-gods?" His tone was filled with a great deal of curiosity.
light is precious in a world so dark
begin at the beginning
tell a story. make some light
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
Lily
sing me a song of a lass that is gone
It does sound nice, doesn’t it? As Loren comments, she flushes - mostly because she feels embarrassed for not having issued him an invitation too. “You know where a lot of the smaller houses are? The homes that we live in? I’m in the one with that has a blue door with a yellow star on it.” There’s only one, so unless he doesn’t know the words for colors, he should be able to find it alright. Unless he mistakes the settlement for the Dominiciles, in which case… uh, better not even try to describe the difference.

“Oh. I don’t think I’ve ever heard Frey called a herald before.” Lily thinks about this for a minute, reorganizing her perception of Frey and the rest of the Gods in her head. It’s all very interesting, but also… she’s curious about why Loren is so into all of these questions. Why does he care so much about mortals and demi-gods?

Religion is confusing. It could be worse, though. It could be the Greek pantheon or the Egyptian pantheon, or Gods forbid, the Nordic pantheon.

“Why, Loren - are you trying to become a demi-god?” she teases gently. Lilly is very content with her position. There are no aspirations to power. She just wants to be happy and healthy and sing and fuck and live an easy life with friends. No magic collecting. No demi-god desires.
merry of soul, she sailed on a day
over the sea to Skye
Scientist

Age: 26 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
KAIMANA
"Uh... All of 'em, prolly. 'Cept Caido. I don't think it has any kids." You are fairly confident on this point, though the world has a way of surprising you. But Caido hasn't been heard from for ages, so the probability they'd show up just to make a demigod feels pretty hecking low.

Ronin, Ronin... "That's the one she pulled outta the sky, right?" You've heard about this. Word gets around. Pursing your lips you shrug a little. "That's a weird case. Usually the gods don't give humans adaptations to that degree." You pick up a rock, throwing it thoughtfully between your hands. "It's a real big change, an' a real big responsibility. So bein' made into one would prolly be a significant shock to the system." There is no vanity or boasting in your tone - I am a born demigod, all others must bow to me! - only a genuinely curious speculation. You would like to meet the made demigod someday. He must have a fascinating set of adaptations.

Oh, but there's so much to do! Suddenly you spring to your feet, as though remembering how large the earth is and how much learning you still have to do. "I'm gonna go observe s'more people!" you announce, grinning vibrantly at Lily and Loren. "I'll come ask you questions soon, Lily! I hope your roses grow up beautiful!"

Then you turn on your heel and go galavanting off, eager to see the remainder of the world.

Kai out!
the earth has music for those who listen