How Long To Hit the Ground
For Remi
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I want roses set on fire
And I, well I want what’s best for me
"Yes....I fear that as one of the most well-known Ascended here and as...someone who, accidentally or not, helped to spread the Blight..." Sam trailed off, but his meaning was obvious enough: he feared he would be a target. He already had been once. If a fight was going to start, he'd be a fantastic first attack to show an anti-Ascended group meant business. He didn't know how much of this was his paranoia, but there was an upsetting amount of logic there.

Remi pointed out Rory, someone Sam had honestly almost forgotten, but he was right. Jigano was in this world because of The Voice. Had found his happiness, his animal forms, all of that: because of her. All Outlanders had found whatever it was they loved her due to her.

It seemed the Old Gods were more fond of piling responsibility upon their loved ones. "Expectations? What is it he's expected to do?" Sam asked, tilting his head a little.
And I, I think I know just what that means
Just what that means
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
For a moment Remi chuckled to himself, picking at a blade of grass before his smile grew entirely crooked and inappropriately amused. "I am sorry Sam, it's just.." Ever growing and more boyish than ever, Remi's smile brightened his entire face for a moment before he sighed out a shaky breath. "...did you ever think you would hear yourself saying the words, one of the most well-known?" He adored Sam, he absolutely did, but the irony was hard not to laugh at.

Pulling in a much more sober and sad breath this time, the alchemist shrugged his shoulders. "I think some think he was brought back for a reason, not that anyone knows what it is. Or...that being a demi-god is supposed to mean something. That he is meant to mean something now." The alchemist's lips were now pulled down by a weighty emotion that loomed unhappily on his features.
you return like autumn
and i fall everytime

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
I want roses set on fire
"Well it's not a good thing!" Sam insisted, though he laughed too, understanding Remi's point. He would never have expected to be as out in the public eye as he was nowadays, with so many friends (and a couple of enemies). He'd even been involved a lot of major events in Caido...some of them he was less proud of than others.

What Remi described, the pressure to have to be something, mean something...it did sound like it would wear on a man. "Do you think so? That his being a Demi God has to mean something?" Sam asked gently, tilting his head. As sad as Remi seemed about the whole thing, it could still be a truth.
Just what that means
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Biting the inside of his lip thoughtfully, Remi closed his eyes and tugged in a breath. "It might.." He said after a long moment, exhaling the held breath and giving Sam a light shrug. "It might mean something, or is supposed to mean something. But...even if it does I do not think Ronin would care. Where we came from you were born into a certain kind of life, and that seems to be a bit what being a demi-god is like. But when we came here, we said we were done with all that. And Ronin means it."

Could you fail fate? What was it called, when you simply disregarded the meaning your life was meant to have? If anywhere had a word for something so cruel, it was certainly Caido.
you return like autumn
and i fall everytime

Coding base by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
I want roses set on fire
Remi's answer was not particularly strong either way, but Sam supposed he understood the Alchemist's reasons for not wanting to decide too strongly, given his past. "Well, I suppose he...has at least done what we all try to, yes? Love, be loved, been a good person. Maybe...that's what we should be focused on, rather than roles imposed on us by someone else." Not that Sam was good at following his own advice on this, but it sounded nice in theory.

With a sigh, he pushed his hand through his hair. "I can tell...things are going to get worse before they get better. I'm scared. But...knowing I have friends like you, good people like you..." Sam smiled at Remi, genuinely feeling some of his fear lift as he looked at his friend. "I will be okay, in the end."
Just what that means
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
In the days to come it would turn out that Ronin was far, far from striving to be a good person. But for now the alchemist merely sighed and nodded in a weary sort of agreement.

"I think..that is always the case." Biting the inside of his lip, Remi closed his eyes for a moment. "The trick is knowing when you are actually in the better times, because they do not always seem that way." Cracking one of his eyes open and giving Sam a sly smile, Remi reached out to clasp the bookmaker's shoulder. "You will always have me." The alchemist said reassuringly, not committing himself to Sam's assessment that he was good, merely that he'd always be there.

Soon though, there would come a time when he wasn't. Far sooner than either of them might have realized.
you return like autumn
and i fall everytime

Coding base by Sky!