[SE] Silver Bells and Cockleshells
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Her hand stayed on his cheek, though Amalia had every right to pull it away, and he took strength from that, and from the questions that followed. They were stars shining bright as the Shield's mind, a combination of kindness and curiosity that defined the baker in his memory. He tilted his head slightly into her touch, remembering another visit to Safrin, and another time Amalia had been there for him. At least this time he had a few days of distance to take clarity from, and to calm the wounds laid into his heart. He hurt, yes, but he wasn't desperate...

And he had promised himself that he would be strong for her, as he always should have been before.

A hand lifted to rest over hers, cupping it lightly to his cheek as he drew a steadying breath and looked up again, masking the pain in his eyes as he searched her unreadable gaze. I learned... that I have been far too arrogant in my promises, he thought softly at her, mental tone tinged with a sadness he could not hide in the Attuned bond. That I am no hero, able to protect the ones I love. That I will not do everything in my power to do so, when put to the choice. That I have limits, however much I wanted to think I would never be forced to face them. His sigh was small and soft, a mere puff of warmth over Amalia's wrist. That I am not nearly so important as I wished to think myself. That I have woven illusions so skillfully that even I believed the lie for awhile... but Safrin tore those comforting lies away and made me see the truth... at least, as she sees it.

No villain, perhaps, but no hero either. Unimportant, unchosen, with nothing special to commend him to a goddess's attention or patience.

But Safrin was one of three, and hers was not the only opinion that counted. It was a comforting thought, as the light of Ludo's lantern comforted him, and he took strength from that as well as Amalia's patience. Safrin's displeasure might have been a curse, but only if he let it be.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
She listens to him through their bond, feeling the warmth of his cheek on her hand, the breath that leaves him in small, soft sighs. No hero, no protector, arrogant, limited- Amalia cannot help but see the truth in all these things, and yet she knows there is more beside. But she does not say the praise that comes so easily to her mind, does not comfort him with soothing words and reassurances of grandeur, because what is the use of that? She will not negate his experiences by taping over the cracks in his facade, the places where he is splintering. Growth doesn't come from blocking out the dark places.

Growth comes from letting yourself look in the darkness, and seeing that it's actually a space to fill with light.

Amalia's presence is her promise, her hand on his face the reassurance she gives. I am here the gesture says, less in words than simple feelings. I know you are broken, and I don't care.

I am broken, too.

At last she drops her hand away, fingers falling to rest upon the bracer on her other arm. Glancing back upon the memorial garden, the girl cannot help a smile that drifts across her face, a warm expression beneath the turbulent darkness of her tired eyes. "It might seem like Safrin cursed you, but... you made something beautiful today." Shrugging slightly, she looks back up at the man, searching in his face. "The things we are, the good and bad... they're not who we are. We're what we do with those parts of ourselves. So what are you going to do?"
a m a l i a
You were young and you'd stare With a reverence unimpaired
Searching in your dark eyes to find the stars already there

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
It was truly incredible what a simple hand could do, outstretched in comfort and support. Painful as the day had begun, and wounding as the memories of Safrin could be, Amalia's silent, steady presence beside him was a balm on the fresh cracks that had torn wider at the fear that she would pass him by. She listened and, if she judged, she held that judgment within. She was a little like a saint in that way, the bard thought fondly, even if Caido didn't have such things, and even though she would refute it if he made the observation.

She was still with him, in spite of the damage they both bore, and in spite of the words that had been spoken in the past. Never enough, never quite right to show each other how they truly felt. But he would come when she called - not always, as he might once have sworn before Safrin's lesson, but so long as he was able. And if he gave her the time and patience she deserved, she would be there for him.

He didn't protest when her hand slipped away, only settling back on his heels and drawing in a deeper breath, scenting the mix of young flowers that had blossomed all around them in the interim, renewed and revitalized by the emotional strength that had continued to fuel the magic dripping from his veins into the earth below him. He looked around in wonder as Amalia spoke, seeing the truth of her words mixed with the tentative resolution in his heart, and he nodded slowly in agreement. Her words were so wise that he couldn't help but smile, looking up at her with a tilt to his head. Her grandmother would be so proud...

"I'm going to ask you to help me say a prayer for Caiside and Isla," he said first. "And then... I'm going to see about rebuilding the Guild. There are portals to watch over, and a new region to explore... and bridges to mend with the Fae if we can," he added softly. But the shadow in his expression was momentary as he reached up, silently asking for her hand to help him stand. "But... I don't need to do any of it alone, do I?" The question was only partially rhetorical as he smiled up at the baker. "I could use your help, Amalia. You and Deimos... and everyone else whose willing and able."
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
She listens to his plans for the future, a small smile on her angular face, closing her dark eyes slowly in acceptance of the request for a prayer. Reaching out to take his hand, she squeezes it gently between her fingers, looking over the garden with a distant, fond expression.

"We'll help each other," the girl says softly, stepping a little closer to him- enough to rest her head upon his shoulder, if he'll allow it. "And we'll be wrong, sometimes. And we'll get hurt. And then we'll pick ourselves up and learn from it." Shrugging, she exhales a soft, content sigh. She will not promise to always be happy, to always accept the things he does. She will not promise they will never fight again.

All she can promise is to do her best, and to be there when he falls, as he has been for her. The world is large and looming and terrifying, but they do not have to do it alone.

{~fin}
a m a l i a
You were young and you'd stare With a reverence unimpaired
Searching in your dark eyes to find the stars already there