[Seasonal Event] we scramble for redemption
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
The looks from Amun were noticed and well appreciated. Oliver tried his best to look as attractive as possible, his sleeves rolled up to aid in the task at hand. However, just like Amun, once the bones had been initially discovered, all signs of flirting ceased and he grew quiet. This was a time to be respectful.

Even if Oliver didn't know the three that had died, he still knew that he must be respectful. It was heartbreaking that they most likely wouldn't be able to identify the body. As well, there were two others that must be found, meaning that he must keep an eye out. He wasn't ready to see bones himself, so he hoped that if he did happen to find any, Deimos would be comfortable with taking over for him.

After a few moments of silence, Oliver resumed his work, now being careful when he used the shovel. Someone could be buried underneath the rubble, so it is best to keep an eye out and be aware of his surroundings. Not a word left Oliver's mouth, no glances towards anyone else, he simply focused on shoveling away, lost in his own thoughts.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
KIADA
your battleworn tongue doesn't say the truth;
that you are ruined
As soon as the names of who the bones may belong to, leaves Deimos’ lips, she pauses in her attempt at helping clean them up. She doesn’t know Cera. Doesn’t know Roana. But she did know Caiside. And the thought is enough to even bring Auni nearby, sorrowful and sad. A frown finds her lips but she continues her work. “Caiside was with me when I found Auni.” She says quietly. The memory of fiery hair, of elk, of playfulness. How they had helped clean up after last LongNight.

How they had helped create a shrine for Ludo by the bone bridge.

A sigh leaves her lips as she shakes her head, but continues to help Deimos as she silently prays that Ludo was able to get Caiside’s soul. That something wouldn’t happen to him like it did to Ru’in. But the bones are here, at least. Their bodies are here, unable to be reanimated like Ru’in’s had. Unable to turn to stone like Ru’in’s had. And she sighs heavily.
and you wonder why he lets you,
the butcher
touch him
the sun
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
It’s the way the world worked; death and life, life and death, but it didn’t mean it was easier. How these people managed to survive LongNight after LongNight was a reeling thing to him, because he’d plunged along wars and sovereignty with loss and forbearance, but not to demons, not to monsters, just the layers of their own brutality, their own measures, their own means. Perhaps it didn’t matter, wasn’t any different, demise was demise, final breaths were final breaths, and extinguished heartbeats held the same discordance. His eyes flicked back to Kiada, a mentioning of Caiside, more connections, more obliterations, more lines seethed, scorned, and then slashed; as if they were meaningless and empty, when the opposite was true. His heavy sigh was the only thing beckoning and twisting along his chest, striving for numbness again, when everything else bound its way for his throat, smothering, choking.

He backed away from his crouch, shifted more of the wood, the supports, the beams, a swiftness increasing, edged, calculated, eyes scorching and searching for bleached bones while he rummaged along fringes and boundaries, while they flickered apart, while something ached and craved and scalded; jaw clenched, barely maneuvering, deep and gruff and just done. “When we find more, we can hold a ceremony for them.” The layers and lacquer Amalia had once described to him, how to honor those fallen in the fiendish interlude of heathens.
He was something solid
to lean against
violent and fierce and unmoving
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
amun
Alright, well, all this talk of funerals and the hard work of shoveling debris—which the potter still kept up gamely, for now—was not exactly what Amun had been hoping for. So he sauntered over to tall, dark, and handsome, who was in hushed conversation with Kiada. The Ascended gave them both his most winning smile as he planted the shovel in the ground. ”Is there a plan here, big guy?” Glancing between the General and the woman, the potter gestured at the remaining piles of detritus. "Or are you and wings just going to keep chatting all day?" His voice came out cheerfully enough, but there was a bit of a teasing tone to it.

"Because I'd really rather not catch fire while we're out here." He winked at Oliver before Amun raised his voice so they could all hear. "I'm hot and all that, but not fiery. So while I feel bad for your friends, and I support your efforts to give them what passes for a proper sending off around here, I can't help but wonder what the next steps are." Again, his tone was easy-going, as if he didn't care one way or another what the answer was.
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
Unlike Amun, Oliver chose to stay put. He didn't feel confident enough to walk over and abandon his duties, so instead he remained in his chosen spot. So far, he hadn't really found any bones, which was maybe a good thing. As much as he wanted the three individuals to have a proper burial, he also didn't think he was ready to handle the bones himself, to come face to face with them. Hopefully the duty of finding them would be left to Deimos.

Glancing over as Amun started speaking, Oliver's face lit up ever so slightly at the sudden wink. None of them had really gotten injured by the fire so far, so maybe things would be okay? Still, it felt wrong to all of a sudden just abandon their work rather than finishing, especially when they knew two other bodies needed to be found.

"Maybe...maybe once we clean up we could rebuild the Guild? I know I'd be able to volunteer my time..." It felt weird to speak up and say what came to his mind, especially when he knew it could immediately create some enemies. Might as well fuck up even more. "I also agree that a proper ceremony should be done for them...to make sure their souls reach Ludo." Hey, at least he had learned some stuff about the gods!
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
KIADA
that you are ruined
It’s solemn, quiet, and she’s sorrowful and full of plenty of emotion that she’s so tired of dealing with day after day, that she can’t find the energy within her to say anything to Amun as he approaches Deimos. Instead, she continues her work, helping retrieve bones and items for the pyres. Auni does his best to help as well, focusing on moving a few things here and there with his antlers as Kiada grabs hold of a rake and begins to pull some of the debris into a pile.

Oliver’s words are interesting to her though, and her icy gaze skips over Amun to find the blonde man with a nod. “We’ll be rebuilding.” She offers quietly, an amount of strength to the words beneath the nod she gives to the man, eyes drifting toward Amun and Deimos both in turn. “I haven’t figured out where it’ll be yet, but it will be rebuilt. I'll let you know when I decide, the more hands the merrier.” Because she had talked to Ronin during LongNight, had relieved that extra string that tied him here.

Because this next Monster Hunter’s Guild would be hers.

And we will absolutely have a ceremony.” There wasn’t an argument within her over that. They would need to be remembered, more lanterns to add to the ever growing pile of Caido year after year. She leaves that decision up to Deimos, however, as she pulls and cleans up more and more of the debris, pausing to retrieve bone and larger stones.
the butcher
touch him
the sun
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
The stranger sauntered over, asking about plans – and initially, there hadn’t been one. The Reaper, the Sword, would’ve been content on his own, lost into the melancholy of the fire, the spreading of claws, of monster inhibitions and indulgences, of slinking and meandering into rapacious edges. It would’ve instigated isolation and detachment, played right into his strengths and accords, to merely damn himself and meander along silent deliberations. But nothing and no one was keeping any of them here. His business hadn’t been to entertain, but to try and put pieces back together, try to assemble something out of ruins. “You may leave when you wish.” There were no tethers or ties, no expectations, rising from his crouch, tugging his gloves back along palms, as reticence and reserved as the day the he’d stepped foot within Caido, eyes narrowed for a moment, exhaling on a slow, withering sigh, before striving for something better. “My intentions were to gather what we could, reuse or recycle those still useful, and destroy what is not.” No sense in permitting more debris to settle, what good were broken portions of wood, jagged fringes, or burnt anomalies? His jaw clenched as his gaze settled upon the wagon, already burdened with layer upon layer of refuse and waste; ashes on his tongue, in his lungs, reminders that he didn’t really amount to anything.

Rebuilding – he’d asked Remi before, about renewal, about a way for him to apologize beyond meager regrets, but the alchemist had refused, stating he and the Fallen Star were going off, away, away, away. He connected the lines though, the way Kiada spoke, I haven’t figured out yet, and the responsibilities suddenly heft on both their shoulders. “Taking over?” The arch to his brow was the only, slightest, trace of humor left along his face, everything else slinking in nonchalance and apathy, a show, a pretense, between wars and fires. He didn’t extend an offer of support or help; Kiada would know, would understand, that she already had it.

As for ceremonies, his glance weighed heavily down upon the already gathered bones – small, somewhat insubstantial, more and more underneath rock and rubble and nothingness. “It is likely their souls have already been taken to Ludo.” It’d been Jigano’s lantern swinging through the Monster Hunter’s Guild, alight and collected, ensuring they wouldn’t be lost out in the ether. He made no mention of Ru’in, but the boy was there, in between lines and furies. “We can bury the bones, and say a few words.” Hadn’t Amalia said something of that nature – nutrients for Rae, thanking Vi and Safrin for those years of life? It was more than things anyone had been granted across battlefields – digging holes and offering rue, choking and swallowing down all the lifelines lost. His stare twisted back to the wagon. “A little more, and then we can be done.” Then he proceeded to do just that, leaning back down and grabbing hold of burnt slabs and smoking wares, hefting them over the wooden rim of the vessel.
He was something solid
to lean against
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
amun
As tall, dark, and handsome spoke, Amun smirked. ”Yeah. I know I’m free.” His voice came out cheerfully. When everyone else gathered round, the potter glanced at them all. ”I just meant, is there a plan beyond dumping broken wood in your wagon, big guy.” This time his tone was more than a bit teasing, though there was absolutely nothing malicious about it.

At the talk of rebuilding, and of ceremonies, the potter shrugged. ”Alright, soooooo, ceremony now or later?” He hefted his shovel, slinging it across his back as he waited patiently to find out just what the fuck they were doing next. He'd sing another song or shovel detritus, whichever he was told to do. Whistling while he waited, Amun's eyes drifted to each of the party in turn.

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Oliver stayed out of most of what was going on. Of course, he still absolutely eavesdropped in on their conversation. Deimos did have somewhat of a reason to be upset, after all this place probably meant a lot to him. Plus, they had quite literally just found a bunch of bodies. As well, Amun also had a good point. What exactly were they supposed to do? Deimos hadn't told them to do much of anything other than to clean it all up. Oliver knew they would be burying the bones...but what could they do with the leftover wood.

The shovel continued to dig into wood and Oliver continued to work on his area. Eventually, he finally spoke back up again, hoping that he wasn't about to say something rude. "Maybe....maybe we can find a new purpose for the wood? Like, I don't know, use it to make something new? Make something good out of this bad situation." Oliver tried to be an optimistic whenever he could.

Stealing a glance over at Amun, he then turned to look back at Deimos. "I can come back here tomorrow to help you finish the job?" Then he briefly looked back at Amun, hoping to somewhat grab his attention.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
that you are ruined
Deimos manages to handle Amun’s question with ease, and she listens while she still gathers to the mention that they were trying to salvage items for new purposes, looking back toward the wagon when Deimos’ own gaze does. But it doesn’t last long, not as she explains that there would definitely be another Guild, another place for the same thing to be handled. Except… Without Ronin or Remi unless they wanted to be a part of it. A fresh breath of air, a release off their shoulders to explore the world.

She catches Deimos’ eye easily, an arch to the brow as she gives him a slight smile. “Ronin gave it to me after we arrived at the Temple.” She shrugs as if it meant nothing, despite it meaning almost everything. That despite her failures she still might be able to find success in something, to do something that still helped without being so much involved.

The smile fades as soon at Deimos mentions that their souls have already been taken and she nods along with it. Because at least their bodies were here, not puppeted and animated like Ru’in’s had been.

And she turns her gaze toward Amun with a quiet raised brow. “Once we gather the rest, we’ll have it today.” She answers simply, glancing back toward Oliver at his own suggestion. “That’s the goal, hopefully.” And with it, she takes a few more useable pieces of wood she’d found, dumping them in addition to the wagon’s own pile before moving back over to the cloth with the bones, scouting for more.
the butcher
touch him
the sun
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
The Ascended might not have beckoned patience into the abyss, but Deimos was still grateful he’d made use of his presence, more hands, more power, more capability. His eyes roamed again at the piles, the remains of broken, barbed things in the wagon, and the assembled ramparts of items that could be restored, reused, reproportioned to other grander, greater things – especially if Kiada intended to take the Monster Hunter’s Guild on. Oliver apparently had the same sort of notions, and the beast nodded, surveying the minimal amount – small, but not wholly insignificant. It would mean less of a strain on rebuilding simply because they had more means and measures available. “We can let the new Guildmaster decide if she wants it.” The barest slip of a cheeky, Cheshire grin extended along his mouth, until he meandered away, dumping the debris in his arms and into the container. “Congratulations,” he proffered to the Harpy, and he meant it, content for her to have purpose, to have something to grasp, sink her teeth into. Then, because he might as well have fostered further amusement, the silent bond crackled in their wake, both proud for her and intending to be an agitating, provoking nuance. Remi gave me the Artisan’s Guild. What he’d do with it, with the constant stream of responsibility, with militia duties, with the potential for mountain ranges, was anyone’s guess; time and calculations fleeting for now.

They had bigger moments presently.

“I will go destroy these,” jutting his chin towards the wagon, hand already grasping hold of the hilt, dragging it further and further away from them, intending to set it ablaze on open contortions, where he had full control, where naught else could catch and squander. “Collect as many of the remains as you can,” his gaze bound to the rest of them, the strength of his convictions lingering on Kiada; trusting.

Then, once he was at a safe distance, once the world didn’t seem so damning, the familiar pulse of fire rose from his palms, from his grasp, unfurling in a carefully controlled blaze, segmenting on portions the previous inferno hadn’t managed to demolish, wreck, and ruin – watching as he brought it to sear over surfaces, as they became naught more than ash, ash, ash.
He was something solid
to lean against
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
As they all got huffy and serious, Amun just grinned. ”All I wanted was a plan, folks. This works for me.” Then he turned towards the woman and grinned. ”Congratulations, wings.”

Then, with a cheerful whistle and a bit of a spring to his step, he went back to the thankless work. He started by digging up the wood as best he could. This time, once he had a decent sized pile, he started sorting the debris. Anything that seemed salvageable he placed with the pieces to be recycled. Anything that was beyond repair got placed for destruction. It wasn't long before he had quite a pile of both, and his selections were quite precise.

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
With a huff, Oliver realized that Amun had not noticed any of his glances. Oh well. Whatever. He would just focus on the task at hand. Turning away, Oliver no longer threw glances towards Amun. He finished the last bit of his area, shoveling away the last few pieces of wood. Then, he turned his attention to the mound of wood that he had formed. With a sigh, he got down on his knees and started to organize the pile. Thank the gods he had his gloves, they were about to save his ass

Half of the wood would be distributed to salvageable things, the other half were things that needed to be destroyed. He was wary to do this, though, Oliver believed that everything HAD to be salvageable. Right? There had to be something that they could do with the really burnt pieces. Maybe it could still be used as firewood...or maybe it was super rich in nutrients. Oliver didn't know much about science or wood, but here must be something they could do. Oliver didn't want to just waste all of the material.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
that you are ruined
She sees the barest grin slip from Deimos, and she rolls her eyes broadly in front of him before smiling softly in the end. “Thanks.” She says at first to Deimos, as if embarrassed that she wasn’t worthy of it, worthy of becoming a monster hunter when she couldn’t kill any of the monsters here. A nod is given to Amun, as well, giving him a soft grin back. “Thank you.” Because she doesn’t have a nickname for him, nor does she really know him well enough to pick up anything to snark on.

Yet anyway.

Eyes drift back to Deimos with a dark raised brow and tilt of her head. A look that says ’talk later’. But she allows him to continue on, while she puts a few salvageable things into a small pile, ready to be taken and added to the new Monster Hunter’s Guild. She spots Oliver seeking things out, and she slips away from Deimos’ side to approach the blond man. “I’ve got a pile started that you can add to if you find things useful?” A light lilt to her tone, offering him a small smile before she returns to finish up finding the remains.

She thinks she’s gotten them all by the time Deimos is done with the ruined materials, leaving nothing but ash behind. And she turns to him with a light nod as soon as he returns.
the butcher
touch him
the sun