real ones [se]
for Oliver
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
everything looks perfect from far away
Shaking his head slightly, Remi offered Oliver a warm smile. "I appreciate that, thank you. For the most part things have gotten easier for me." He said with a light shrug, sea-glass green eyes falling back onto the soil.

The mention of Ronin however brought a genuinely pleased to Remi's lips, colour flashing adoringly across his cheeks. "Ahhh I am sure you will eventually. Take care you do not fall in love with him though." Remi added in a teasing voice. "He has fairly irresistible..well. Everything." He added, shooting a wink towards the blonde.

"Ahh, could not agree more. Or, you could use your illusion to make it appear as though you have a sword. Really catch them off-guard when you use the brick."

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
"Well, I'm glad to hear that...still, I'm here if you need me. Who else would give you this beautiful accent...or whatever else I offer." The blonde let out a laugh, clearly trying to lighten the mood a small bit, but there was also a sincerity to his voice. He really did want to help Remi, whatever that would be.

A playful eye roll and Oliver shook his head. Had he ever told Remi he liked dudes? Maybe it was a bit too obvious...Oliver wasn't exactly subtle with his attraction. "I shall try my very best not to fall for your husband, that would be a really tragic event." A lame joke, but Oliver had no plans of being a couple-ruiner. There's a difference between being invited for a good time by both individuals and falling for the really hot husband.

"You better hold me up to that, I have to meet this incredible Ronin that I've heard so much about. But I mean...I think I'm pretty irresistible myself." He laughed a bit in his last phrase, kind of losing any sort of believability in his statement.

Oliver made a dramatic gasp and made his eyes widen, but he couldn't hide the grin on his face no matter how hard he tried. "You are a genius! That's perfect!" There was a dramatic pause before he gasped again, clearly coming up with an even better idea. "What about this...what if I make them think that there's like, a giant snake or spider near them...but then they get hit with a brick instead! Brilliant. The perfect distraction." Okay, maybe his idea wasn't the greatest, nor was it realistic...but he was trying his best!
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
“Ahh, but I have my own accent.” Remi trilled back, laying the accent on thickly as he said this. If anything Oliver’s accent reminded him of Ianto, which was bittersweet given how long it had been since the alchemist had seen his merchant-friend.

Oh, everyone fell for Ronin. Men, woman, you name it. The man was charm personified, wrapped up with a roguish smile. There was nothing not to fall for, honestly. “Indeed. You know, the last person who confessed their love for him while we were married died soon after. So you know, I would recommend against it.” A dark joke to be sure, and one very unlike Remi to make. Still, the shadows of LongNight had not completely passed. Even so, as Oliver continued, Remi merely shook his head with a good-natured smile. “Well we are about the same age. And Ronin really only did fall for me after I discovered I had magic, so perhaps you really will give me a run for my money.”

The notion of using their illusion magic as a distraction was actually quite an interesting one. “Brilliant!” He chuckled back. Hearing this laughter, Aoife looked over her shoulder cackling as well as if she were privy to the joke, before picking up a handful of dirt and thrusting it into her mouth. Sighing at this, Remi merely shook his head with a laugh. “Have you remembered much more, about your life before coming here?” He asked conversationally, sprinkling the water over the buried seeds.

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
"A wonderful accent too." He tried his best to make his accent thicker, throwing in a wink and a grin towards Remi.

Maybe Oliver would fall for Ronin. He had a bad habit of crushing on guys or at least having some interest in them. He was a bit too...eager? Horny? Whatever it was, Oliver really needed to chill out. "I'll try to limit my irresistability. That should be incredibly hard though, but I'll try my best." One thing that did limit Oliver was that he thought Remi was just better than him overall. He was attractive, more powerful, amazing personality, and he just seemed to know what he was doing with life. The dude was set....not that Oliver had noticed or anything.

Glancing back at Aoife, Oliver made a very shocked, disgusted, and concerned face. All mixed into one. Remi didn't seemed too bothered that his daughter was now eating dirt, so Oliver chose to leave it alone. Turning to look back at Remi, he wasn't surprised that the next question was asked. "A lot of it is random bits and pieces...like, I know a single song that someone used to sing to me. As well there's certain little moments or concepts. I can't remember faces or names, but I just know that I've done something." It wasn't too specific and Oliver had learned that others didn't find it to be all that impressive of memories.

"I do have tattoos, apparently. I also know I love hummingbirds...and I always wanted to see a real one for myself. I think I once owned a cat, too."
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
“One of my best friends speaks in an accent very much like that.” Remi said with a laugh; the blue-eyed winking only further reminding him of Ianto. “Ahh well I would greatly appreciate it. “ He chuckled back with a roguish grin.

“Mmmmmm.” The alchemist hummed sympathetically. “One of the gods here removed some of my memories. I know how strange it can be to just have...gaps. It is nice to hear that some things are returning to you.” The mention of tattoos had Remi frowning with mild interest, though his expression grew decidedly more intrigued at the mention of hummingbirds and cats. “Strange things to remember!” He said with a chuckle.

“I have never seen a hummingbird either, if it makes you feel better.” He did recall what they looked like, from books and such. So saying, he held up his hand and one appeared within his palm. Or appeared as if it did, anyways.

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Oliver nodded, wondering who exactly this friend was. James did have a similar accent to him, so possibly that's who Remi was speaking about. "I know someone with a...kind of similar accent to yours, but different at the same time. Still, you also have a lovely accent. Dare I say, maybe even better than mine." Okay, Remi did have a very nice voice, Oliver had to at least admit to that. The kind of voice that he wouldn't mind hearing in a speech, or one to tell him a story.

To hear a god had removed Remi's memories made Oliver frown. Phoebe spoke about how Ludo could do that and for him to not be so careless when requesting for his own memories to be returned. "Was...was that Ludo who took away your memories? Phoebe told me that Ludo is the one who handles memories, I had hopes that Ludo could bring mine back at one point, but...I think I'm okay with how things are going right now." Oliver was alright with what was going on, to an extent. He didn't mind that he couldn't remember if he had any best friends, but that was okay, in a way. He knew he'd never be able to go back. The hardest part was when he was alone or about to go to sleep. To lay in bed with so few memories to reflect on, so few things to think about as he drifted off. It was a sad existence, to feel both alone but also with others due to the little memories he had.

His mood was soon brightened by the sight of a hummingbird. A large smile appeared on his lips and his eyes lit up, clearly overjoyed to see it. "It looks so perfect...I know that I had only really seen fake ones. I always wanted to see a real one." It was the closest he'd probably ever get to seeing a real hummingbird. "I actually have a tattoo of a hummingbird, right here." Oliver obviously wasn't going to lift up his shirt, so instead he pointed to where the hummingbird tattoo was: right on his ribs.

The way he spoke when he talked about hummingbirds was a new thing that he hardly got to show. It was a genuine sense of him being happy, overjoyed. He loved talking about them. While he couldn't remember all the memories that came along with his interest, he still had the same emotional ties.

"My tattoos make things a bit more confusing, you know what I mean? Like, I have a hummingbird, which I'm going to assume was my favorite animal...but I also have a rose and a compass."
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Bastien?" Remi guessed. The two sounded remarkably similar, though the alchemist didn't speak with near as many flourishes as the artist did. When the two had first met Bastien thought perhaps Remi was from his world as well, a place called Florence, if he recalled correctly. "Ahh well. Wait until it is you meet Ronin and then we shall see who has the best accent." Remi tittered with a grin.

"It was, yes. Frey removed my feelings at one point, though I do not remember it now. But it was Ludo who took away my memories entirely. Of all the people whom I loved. At that time, anyways." It had been devastating to say the least, worse if only because the alchemist had no idea how much he'd truly lost. All he could do was pick up the broken pieces.

"I know others might say differently but...take care around Ludo. All the gods, really." Remi warned with a bit of a frown.

Pleased at the smile his magic brokered across Oliver's face, he nodded. Glancing towards the man's ribs, he raised a brow. "Interesting. Tattoos were not...common where I came from." Sunjata being one of the only people he'd really ever seen with them before.

"A rose and a compass? Sounds nautical." Remi said thoughtfully, head inclined slightly to the side.

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
"Yeah, Bastien!" Guess there weren't too many people with Italian accents. It's actually kinda funny, now that Oliver thought of it, that two people from completely different worlds could have similar accents. Bastien spoke about being from Venice and Remi hadn't mentioned anything about it, speaking instead about what sounded like an entirely different world. "I'd love some honest opinions on which of us has the best accent. Maybe we have accents that fit different purposes? Like mine is sexier and yours is very nice for reading stories." He winked at the other man and tried to hold back some laughter, but pretty much failed. It was nice to joke around like this, especially after the events of LongNight. It made him feel relaxed and at peace.

Oliver frowned at the stories of the gods, hearing what horrors they could do. He had heard of all of the good things, so to know that all of them, minus Safrin, had seemingly done something to ruin someone's life? Damn. It was hard to accept. "I hear you loud and clear...I'll do my best to respect them, leave them offerings and stuff...but I'll also try to be careful. I know that Ludo isn't someone I should go to in search of my old memories...I already tried to pray to Safrin, but that didn't go too well. I'll just continue to leave offerings for all of them." Oliver wasn't sure how much he trusted Frey now. By the looks of it, Safrin seemed like his best bet when asking for anything. The last thing he wanted was to forget the only people who mattered to him or to be incapable of being happy around those very few people. Oliver had so few people he felt safe around, so few people who made him feel happy. He didn't want to lose them, no matter what.

"If we weren't outside, I'd show you them...actually." Oliver rolled up his sleeve to reveal a very simplistic compass. "Here's the compass, the other two are a bit harder to show you." He didn't mind showing others his tattoos. They were beautiful and a part of him.

"Why does the rose make you think of nautical stuff?" Maybe it'd be the key to unlocking his memories?
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
The alchemist chuckled at this. "Do not let Bastien hear you say our accent is not sexy. He will throw a fit." Then again Bastien leaned heavily into the romanticism of the language in a way that Remi did not. His cadence was far slower than the artists was as well. "As for story-reading, I think Aoife would agree with you there." He added with a crooked grin.

Nodding with a reluctant smile, the alchemist shrugged. "Amalia is probably the best one to give advice given her track record." As both one of the most pious but also the one with the longest experience, the baker would be able to counsel Oliver far more aptly than the alchemist would.

Leaning forward, Remi's expression was softly intrigued. Then again after everything that had happened recently with Loren, the alchemist was careful not to let his eyes linger on the other man too long. "Lovely. I hear they are done with..needles? Or was it magic?" He asked, head inclined slightly to the side.

"In Northaven we were right by the sea. Many of the men who came in on boats had them. I think I heard it was because the interior of a compass is called the rose?" This he said with some hesitation, not sure of its truth. "And so actual roses became part of the design."

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
There was a playful eyeroll and Oliver shook his head. "Okay...maybe you and him do have a decently sexy accent, maybe." He didn't want to feed Remi too many compliments. Oliver was far more of a fan of a nicer voice than a fancy accent, really. "Well, maybe I could try telling Aoife a couple of stories someday, who knows. I cant really think of any right now...but someday I'll have some to tell." It was a small offer, really. He wanted to help Remi out as much as he could, even if it meant just telling Aoife a story.

With a small nod, Oliver made sure to commit to memory the name Amalia. "I'll certainly try to find her, then." It was a small promise to both Remi and himself. He wanted guidance on how to best deal with the gods, especially when he wanted to go back to the shrine for a specific purpose that wasn't leaving offerings.

Oliver didn't mind Remi looking at his tattoo. After all, there wasn't anything bad about it. He was simple asking for a second opinion or maybe to see if it sparked anything inside of Remi. There wasn't anything wrong with Remi looking at his tattoo. "I...I'm not entirely sure? I seem to remember that it was a bit painful, yeah. I do know that they can be done with needles, but I'm not one hundred percent sure how mine was done. Unlike the last time they spoke about his lapses in memory, Oliver wasn't bothered by this. He didn't seem sad that he couldn't remember anything, more like he was in deep thought, considering everything in his answers. Oliver had accepted his position and was clearly trying his best to live his best life, now far more optimistic than before.

At the mention of being by the sea, Oliver froze for a moment. Clearly lost in some sort of thoughts, making a couple of faces, one of surprise and one of slight happiness. This was how lots of his memories tended to come back to him. Someone would say something which would bring back some sort of memory or concept. It was a bit alarming at times, but he welcomed it with open arms. "You know...I think I also lived by the sea...I think the rose was meant to represent an actual rose...but I do think I did live by the sea. I can remember getting excited when particular shipments would arrive...or going by the docks to watch the things that would arrive. I don't remember what they looked like, but I do remember going to see them." There were a couple of pauses thrown in as he tried to work through the memory, contemplating every piece. It was a lot, but it was progress for sure.

There were flashes of him hurriedly racing through the alleyways and streets with normally someone else. Who? He had no idea. But he could remember the excitement and thrill of seeing what had come next. Him wanting to get there as soon as possible to see what had arrived.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
The more Oliver talked the more Remi's mind thought of Ianto. The fox was a prolific storyteller, and it made the alchemist chuckle just how many traits of his friend that the blonde was continually hitting up. "I am sure she would love that. At this stage you could babble nonsense at her and she would love it equally, so do not worry about it too much." He said with a reassuring grin. As if on key, Aoife turned around and strung together a string of sounds that indeed sounded like language. And perhaps it was, just not one Remi could understand. "Oh is that so?" He asked the toddler, who nodded triumphantly and went back to her dirt.

"Hmmmm." Remi replied with a thoughtful nod. However as Oliver's expression suddenly began to shift, the alchemist fell silent, his sea-glass green stare simply watching whatever it was the new-mage was going through. "You know, there is one way to tell..." He said, his smile growing decidedly crooked and mischievous as he raised his brows.

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
The blonde let out a laugh as he watched the exchange between the two. It was amazing to see such a strong relationship, which was to be expected from a father. "She must really love you, huh?" The words just slipped out of his mouth in a calm tone, a smile on his lips. "I think she's saying that this dirt is perfect for planting flowers, and she's absolutely right if you ask me. It'll be nice to see all of the life fully return to this place." Oliver couldn't wait to see what things looked like in a couple of weeks once the Hollowed Grounds had recovered from Deepfrost.

Oliver raised an eyebrow at Remi's very open ended suggestion. Hesitantly, he leaned forward a small bit, clearly very interested in seeing what exactly Remi had in mind. "Well, don't just sit there keeping me waiting. Go ahead." Oliver had a lot of trust in Remi, enough so that he didn't even ask for details. Remi was a nice person and no way would he hurt him, especially after all of this talking and joking around. He had a wonderful heart and Oliver knew that he could trust him. So all he could do was eagerly wait to see what the other had in mind.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Ah, well I certainly hope she does." Remi laughed back brightly. "Her mother died the night she was born. And then...well, Ronin ended up dying only a month or so later." So saying, he smiled adoringly at Aoife. "She has had a hard life already, but still she smiles." And oh, how she smiled.

"Mmm, indeed!" Remi agreed heartily.

As Oliver leaned forward eagerly, the alchemist glanced around as if he was about to impart some secret that no one else could hear. "Well....most of the naturals here do not know how to swim. Why would they? But I do, because I did grow up near the water. If you did as well..." So saying, the alchemist glanced over towards the Oasis. The water rippled beneath a light breeze. It wasn't a huge section of water, but more than large enough to swim in. Like a large pool. "...then you should know how to swim."

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Despite how bright Remi once was, the mood soon turned somber...and also confusing. Or well, Oliver was now super confused, that is. "I'm sorry about the loss of her mother...but could you explain the Ronin bit to me? How he died? You said that he was still alive, right? That I would someday get to meet him?" Was Remi implying that Ronin was....brought back to life? As if such a thing was even in the realm of possibility?

Still, despite all this confusing mess, Aoife truly was living her best life. "Well, once I learn how to draw, I'll try to draw something for her...maybe Isla?" Oliver said with a faint laugh, remembering his disaster when drawing Deimos' unicorn. Gods was that thing not great. It wasn't bad...but lets just say, it didn't exactly look like a unicorn.

Oliver listened with wide eyes, clearly eager to hear what Remi had to say...and it kinda made sense. If he lived by the ocean, especially where ships (or something like that) came, then surely he'd be able to swim. "Well, alright. I guess I can try it out." And if it didn't work out, then Remi could save the day. No way was this a massively elaborate plan to get him murdered.

"Do you want me to do it now? And do I swim...with my clothes on?" Oliver didn't really like the idea of swimming with all of his clothes on, especially considering how much it'd weigh him down. Remi damn well give him at least something to dry himself off with, especially when Oliver knew that he could very well make that very item appear with the snap of his fingers.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza