Growing Pains
for Frey
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Another queen, another border crisis. So much for visiting Frey's preferred shrine in the Crimson Cataract. It seemed nothing every changed, even as the years went on.

But to the contrary of that very thought, a great many things had changed for Phoebe over the course of LongNight. With Roana gone, it was now up to her to raise the three wild, yet adorable, triplet boys. All while managing a private practice and Medical College all on her own. She did have Pim she supposed, who was quite good at wrangling and distracting Cormac, Rhett, and Jax as needed, but a dragon did not a father make. Or even an uncle. Or older brother. She would take an estranged aunt that gave odd presents at random intervals even for how tired she was some days trying to keep up with it all. But alas, it was just her, and she was determined to do her very best to meet the needs of everyone she had some responsibility for.

She had to pull herself up by the bootstraps, and that was exactly what she was doing.

And so today she led the three boys, who looked more like her own children than Roana's, to the shrine in the glade to pray to Frey. She had been teaching them about the gods as best she could, and now brought them with her on her regular visits to pray and bring offerings to Frey. "Alright boys, go place what you brought Frey up on the alter." she instructed softly, even as she placed her own basket of honeysuckle and fruits up for her friend. One by one, Cormac, Rhett, and Jax all placed a fruit on the alter for the deity; a bright red apple, a bunch of grapes, and a peach respectively. Pim brought his own offering of course - a shiny button he had found on the ground. Shiny things were the best things after all.

With a practiced precision, the three boys then clasped their hands together and closed their eyes. "Thank you, Frey, for being friends with Auntie Phoebe and giving her Pim!" Cormac prayed. "Thank you, Frey, for helping things grow again after Deepfrost!" Rhett prayed. "Thank you, Frey, for making the stuff grow so that we can make raspberry pies again!" Jax prayed - with extra enthusiasm because he was particularly happy that yummy things were growing again.

Phoebe laughed a little, pleased at the thanks the boys gave. "Frey, I am certain you are busy with the new season, but if you have a moment I've a question for you." Phoebe said, hoping her friend might come. She didn't think anything of having the boys there if they did appear either - contrary to her usually prudish ways, she thought it good for them not only to understand the divine, but have a more open mindset about the world than she had grown up with.
You thought you'd watch me fade away
When you broke me into pieces
But I gave I gave each piece a name

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

The button and the food were happily snatched away. To where? It was impossible to know. Indeed with Flowerbirth upon them the god was indeed busy. Appreciative, but busy.